International Simulation Football League
(S27) PT2 - Host City - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S27) PT2 - Host City (/showthread.php?tid=29848)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - WildfireMicro - 02-08-2021

I think Louisville Kentucky would be a great and unexpected place to have the Ultimus or Ultimini. The people there love sports but currently have no major pro sports teams. Plus it would be a great opportunity to scout the city for potential expansion. As you know I've been talking about the city in my expansion related media. I think holding it in Cardinals Staduim would be perfect though it might be best for the Ultimini. Having a whole week dedicated to the game in the city would help too.

I personally think the halftime show would have to involve horses of some kind. Having horses race on a football field would probably not be a good idea, but maybe show off the horses and maybe have a virtual horse race featuring two horses that represent the two teams. Also let people bet on which horse would win to generate extra profits. Also have fireworks go off everywhere and let musical guests appear to help entertain the crowd. The show would probably be ether sponsored by Kentucky Fried Chicken or Jim Bean and maybe the University of Louisville. Maybe even have a boxing match as a tribute to Muhammad Ali and let people bet on that as well.

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - AL_GRINGO - 02-08-2021

PBE Welfare

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Faded - 02-08-2021

Oh jeez, there are so many places that I would focus in on as a host city for the Ultimus/Ultimini. Whether it be in America, or in Canada, or In Europe (where most of the teams are located) there are so many good cities to put such an event into. However, I'm thinking that we go to a different country that is outside of the Anglosphere and Germany; Rome, Italy! God, having an event there would be so great because of the culture and the aesthetic of the whole place, but roadblock; where will the game be played? The hosts of A.S. Roma, Stadio della Roma, a state of the art arena that could surely be converted into an American Football field with some renovations. The city of Rome already has experience in hosting big events, such as FIFA and the Olympics, so there should be no issue hosting the people that want to see this game. Now, for the halftime show, a couple of things could certainly happen. We could showcase some stars in the English speaking world that have proven to be amazing singer-songwriters consistently, and screw it, why not have an electronic theme to the halftime show? The Chainsmokers, Marshmello, Calvin Harris, Alan Walker (remember that one song? yeah that guy), would all be great people to have at halftime, either to excite a bored crowd or make a great game even greater. Overall, just some speculation, and I hope they are good ideas!

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - jzajenius36 - 02-08-2021

Where should this year’s Ultimus/ super bowl game be held?  Well I guess first thing would be to determine if there’s a simulation COVID pandemic going on.  For the sake of this post I’ll go ahead and say yes…we are in a state of virtual COVID in the ISFL.

So with that being said, I think it’s clear where the Ultimus should be taking place.  On an aircraft carrier in the middle of the ocean!  Come to think of it, I think I’d probably suggest this regardless of the current virus climate.  Want to get rid of home field? Send the boys off on an aircraft carrier and sail around for a week before the game.  The Vegas odds would be great.  Who will be the first to puke off the side of the ship?  Will a seagull crap on a referee?  Will a school of Dolphins arrive in the first or second half?  Plus you’ve got plenty of fresh air with no (or few) fans breathing on each other.  Not to mention the beautiful sunset during the game.  A halftime performance is baked right in.  Put some choppers in the air, shoot off some missiles, march some soldiers around in circles…it’s the safest and most entertaining place on earth for those few hours!

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - qWest - 02-08-2021

The turf at the Berlin Fire Salamanders' home stadium is freshly painted and ready for Ultimus Bowl XXVII between the Arizona Outlaws and the Sarasota Sailfish

[Image: 6MleH0b.jpg]

(Here's the field design on it's own:
[Image: prAOgTU.png]

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Tylar - 02-08-2021

SHL PT Affiliate

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - KC15 - 02-08-2021

PBE Affiliate PT

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - shrub02 - 02-08-2021

I would choose Tijuana as the location for the Ultimini championship. I think this would be a great location because of the ridiculous nightlife that TJ has to offer. You can definitely have way too much fun there. I would make sure that there is a wild tailgate party going on during the game, with tons of taco stands selling the best tacos on earth. The price for these tacos: $1. The best bang you could get for your buck. Not to mention all the tequila you could want. The halftime show would be a bullfighting show. A mascot from each team would come out as matadors and provide an authentic Mexican experience.

We will be staying in the southwest American continent for the Ultimus championship. You just can't beat the weather. I would choose to play in Arizona. There would be enough Sonoran dogs to go around. For the uninitiated that's bacon wrapped hot dogs topped with refried beans, guacamole, pico de gallo, and cheese. I love Mexican food if you can't tell. For the halftime show, I envision a recreation of the shootout at OK Coral. We have to keep in line with Arizonan heritage, and what's more Arizona than watching a crazy gunfight play out. Again, we would have the participants represented by a mascot from each team. Because I love the thought of mascots doing absurd things.

231 words

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Mojojojo - 02-08-2021

[Image: S27_PT2.PNG]
[Image: Ultimus_Field.PNG]

RE: (S27) PT2 - Host City - Painted - 02-08-2021

People say that, when it comes to championship games, weather should not be a factor in determining the best team to become the champion. I disagree! Snowy weather is football weather, so I say go all in! If I were to choose the Ultimus/Ultimini Championship locations, they have to take place in Antarctica! Football weather 24-7 and it is the most neutral site for an international league. Seven different countries claim some part of the continent and its remote location ensures no team has a home field advantage. It would be hard to convince many fans to attend, but we could always pin it as an opportunity to see the continent in person, a feat only around 50,000 people do a year.

For the fans that would attend, the half time show would be none other than a penguin and other animal life show case. Imagine being able to see a waddle of penguins after watching the first half of a football game. You would probably die from cuteness overload, and would not be able to finish the game. The animal tamers could also relocate a polar bear for the show, but some may call that unnecessary or even animal cruelty so maybe let’s not do that.

Words: 207