International Simulation Football League
(S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard (/showthread.php?tid=42749)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - .HoshinoIchika - 12-29-2022

Aqeel hasn't made a New Years' resolution in a while, but he knew exactly what he wanted before he even finished thinking about a resolution. To win an Ultimus. The two losses in Aqeel's first and second year in the league were absolutely heartbreaking, and now that Sarasota missed the playoffs last season, pundits were questioning if Carter Knight and the rest of the old squad would ever win a championship before they retired. With Carter Knight, Nick Kaepercolin Jr., and the entire secondary only getting older, it was a fair point. However, the Sailfish came out guns a blazin', starting out 4-0, with the best offense in the league by 30 points, and Knight more than doubling any other QB's thrown TDs. The Sailfish know that this may be their last chance to go for a ring before the team ages out of its contention window. Aqeel knows this too, and he will do anything possible to win a championship.

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - C9Van - 12-29-2022

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - zeagle1 - 12-29-2022

Donovan winters of the Portland Pythons in the Developmental Simulation Football League has a significant number of goals for the new year. Firstly, his main goal is to be the best teammate he can possibly be. As a Quarterback, the success of the team rests firmly on his shoulders, but he can not do anything without the help of his amazing teammates. Last season was the worst season of Donovan's young career, but throughout his struggles, his teammates always had his back. For that, he owes them a deep debt of gratitude.
Secondly, Donovan's goal is to maximize his performance on the field this season. He is going to earn every TPE possible, as well as remembering to update every week, even if he is capped.

Through these two resolutions, Donovan plans to lead the Portland Pythons to the playoffs this season! It will be tough going, but when the going gets tough, the tough get going!

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - Billybolo53 - 12-29-2022

For New Year's, Teenie Plays it pretty chill. It will be a time to take a breath and get ready for the 2nd half of the season. He is just getting to know his new teammates in OCO so maybe so sort of team get together would be in the cards for him. Always important to reflect on the year and see what you can improve on into the next year. It's a perfect time to try to change habits. New years resolutions for Hodges will be to try to be in a position to take over as WR2 by the end of the year. Earn all the TPE I can and be a contributor in a few seasons. Hopefully we can find a qb that can really chuck and build a great offense. There's a ton of potential on  that side of the ball now just not the most optimal of pieces right now. We will be able to get it right.

WC: 163

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - ItsFrenchie - 12-30-2022

I want to first of all establish a decent amount of knowledge about the game. Safe to say that Bourtol is a marvel of athletic ability, but coming from a curling background in the family, there is no natural path towards understanding that game at such a high level like other recruits may have benefitted from. Although he understands the basics and enough of it to play decent, decent will never be enough if you want to be a champion, if you want to be the best at your position. As such, it’s all about being a student of the game and learning from the best. Bourtol is lucky enough to be able to count on great mentors over in Tijuana, from coaches to management as well as team captains. There is much to be accomplished, but to lift the Ultimini is the greatest task ahead and what he’ll strive to accomplish and work hard from the first day of 2023 until that goal is achieved.

(166 words)

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - Crunk - 12-30-2022

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - abh89 - 12-30-2022

New year, new Harley Andrews, or whatever the cliche is. Each year it’s the same overall goal for Harley though, to improve on last season. That applies to himself as a player and to the team as a whole. As a player last season, Andrews was able to get to the quarterback for a sack 12 times. That total was unfortunately only good for 3rd among defensive lineman. He’d like to build on that total and lead all defensive lineman in sacks during S39. In addition to that, he’d also like to build on his TFL total from last season (zero) as many believe that was the reason he was snubbed from any post-season award recognition. By being a more impactful player on the defensive line, Andrews hopes to help the Sailfish defense improve on their S38 performance as well. Their biggest areas for improvement are the rushing defense (13th in the league in S38) and the scoring defense (10th in the league in S38).

Code:
165 words

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - TheDangaZone - 12-30-2022

SHL PT

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - Drizzy - 12-30-2022

For me, the main goal that I have with Jake Basinger is staying active, pushing forward. I'll be honest, the last two careers I've had in the league have been awful and I want to try and reestablish myself as a user who can build a good player who goes on to achieve some things in the league. In terms of individual seasons, I just would like to see Jake in a position where he has a chance to play and ultimately has a chance to succeed. If we break my main goal for this year, it's to get drafted to a good environment, engage in some good dialogue with the GMs to plan out my career, and establish myself as a useful player on whatever team it is that decides to draft me. Beyond that, I find New Year's Resolutions are always a little unrealistic and difficult to stick to, so with that in mind, let's keep it simple and hopefully Jake will have a great 2023 in the ISFL!

Code:
170 words

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - Lumosityfan - 12-30-2022

PBE Affiliate Claim