International Simulation Football League
(S3) - Weekend PT #1 - Off-Season - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S3) - Weekend PT #1 - Off-Season (/showthread.php?tid=4404)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

(S3) - Weekend PT #1 - Off-Season - Zoone16 - 09-09-2017

Code:
221 words

Alexandre LeCLair took some time away from the field and from the gym to heal up after sustaining a lower body injury for the last 3 games of the S2 regular season. LeClair was seen in his hometown of Montreal walking around downtown using crutches with bandages over his left foot. When asked about it he claimed it was “a sprained ankle that did not heal properly” and that he had had surgery for it as soon as the season had ended. LeClair did end up going through some re-education and basic physical training to get his body back into shape during the off-season though. To occupy himself in the off-season while his injury healed, he took some time to catch up with his friends and family, often going fishing and hunting out in the woods, away from any form of communications. Living in Las Vegas is a tough ask for any athlete and times when they can just zone life out and enjoy themselves are few and far between.
LeClair has however been sighted in Las Vegas 2 weeks prior to the opening of the Legion’s training camp though he refused to talk to media until the camp got underway. Rumour has it that he is looking to finally buy a house in the area instead of his small apartment.

(S3) - Weekend PT #1 - Off-Season - BOOM™ - 09-09-2017

After being picked up from waivers by the Baltimore Hawks last season, young Defensive End J.D Boom managed to put together a somewhat successful run of games while playing out of position at Defensive Tackle. When the offseason began and he arrived home to Maine, he started concentrating on developing his abilities at his favored DE position so that he was as prepared as could be come draft day. He hoped that one of the NSFL's famous franchises would give him a chance and luckily, and also a little controversially, the Orange County Otters did him a favor and took him with pick #25 in the 4th round. Accusations were made and some sad comments were made via social media, but Boom is determined to silence the critics.
Since arriving at the Otter's training facility, Boom has been getting to know his new teammates and learning as much as he can from the veterans on the squad. He has been learning the Otter playbooks and working out in the teams state of the art gym to build his strength, agility and speed as he prepares for his first full season in the NSFL. Only time will tell if his efforts have paid off, but he's determined to leave no stone un-turned in his quest for NSFL success....and redemption.

[218]

(S3) - Weekend PT #1 - Off-Season - Dangles13 - 09-09-2017

Off-season? There is no off-season for me. Ever since I put on my first pair of shoulder pads my father made sure I knew that I had to work my butt off. He handed me a framed picture that I hang in my locker every season.

[div align=\\\"center\\\"][Image: tim-notke-motivational-quotes.jpg?w=410]
[/div]
I take a few weeks off of the gym always, the body can only take so much punishment and a little rest goes a long way. What that means is I have time to prep my brain, I get all of my game footage sent to me so I can watch it with my pops. I make notes on every player, their tendencies and mechanics. I make notes on teams like what plays they call and when, not specifics but just enough to get a feel for if it will be a pass or a run in certain scenarios. Lastly I watch the other defensive players to see what they do differently than me. If a player runs through me a few times I see how others are stopping him. If a player is putting me on skates semi-regularly I watch other players to see if they have any tricks. It also helps watching your peers get embarrassed, it makes you feel not alone in your failures.

(S3) - Weekend PT #1 - Off-Season - BoltyMcSpeedy - 09-09-2017

To whom it may concern,

My client requested I send out this memo to the league as he is currently busy preparing for S3 alongside his new Otter teammates. After S2 ended and Burnsmans championship dreams were dashed, he began is usually offseason routine of Gecko chasing. He has been able to improve his catch time from 28 seconds down to an astounding 26 seconds. I have NEVER seen something so impressive in all my years acting as an agent.

When Burnsman is not gecko chasing he can be found pantless at the swamps. Running sans pants helps to reduce wind friction to allow my client the smoothest release and the smoothest glide. He likes to sing with the frogs and race turtles.

My client, number 31, Erlich Burnsman is a delicate man of privacy. I know to keep his mind sharp he will challenge himself to speak in what he refers to as "only one sound words". When he is feeling bold he will attempt to speak in only "four sound words" though he is easily frustrated attempting such a feat.

We understand our client, number 31, Erlich Burnsman may stray a bit from the path but nobody can deny the talent of the S3 2nd round draft pick. He is prepared and ready to take the league by storm.

-Buster Mimes rep. Erlich Burnsman
-Owner, Buster Mimes' Agents and grocery

(232 words)

(S3) - Weekend PT #1 - Off-Season - manicmav36 - 09-09-2017

[Image: W68DpDD.jpg]

(S3) - Weekend PT #1 - Off-Season - AdamS - 09-09-2017

Well, for starters, Charlie finished up his degree in communications because he wants to go into broadcasting after his career is over. He also made sure to be on campus for when the new class came in so he could help ease them into the BSU squad and lifestyle. Aside from that, he spent a lot of the summer working with his BSU Tight End coach making sure to review tape on the various team's defenses. He especially focused on the linebackers on each team, since he primarily will end up against them in coverage.

Outside of school, he spent time with family and friends, knowing that he might not get many opportunities, depending on where he landed. He took time and figured out where in each potential team's city he'd get a house. Taking care of the basics whenever possible is important to Charlie and allows him to prepare and play with a clear mind. From there, he began his interviews with the various teams and then scouted more about the offenses of the three he felt were most likely to pick him. Being able to walk in on day one and exceed expectations by knowing the quarterback and offensive tendencies seemed like a great idea.

He hit the gym several times a week, naturally. In fact, he started at where he'd been when he finished his senior season and slowly pushed himself a bit harder and harder as he went along. The NSFL was clearly going to be physically superior to college. As the draft itself drew closer he made sure to do a lot of practice with some friends in order to stay sharp and focused on more than just workout routine.

{285}

(S3) - Weekend PT #1 - Off-Season - MacTonight - 09-09-2017

William Ridley prepared for the draft in his native Tennessee. Ridley understood some criticisms of his game, focusing his pre-draft training on improving his lateral and straight line speed. Being selected 19th overall by the Liberty, Ridley saw the opportunity to learn from, and contribute to a great group of linebackers. Luke Washington and PJ Tucker had already established themselves in Philly, and the offseason addition of AC Hackett gave Ridley the opportunity to pick the brains from 3 established veterans.

Ridley discussed his offseason program with his new teammates before commencing rookie minicamp with his class of Season 3 rookies. Ridley worked as a part of the defensive groups, he impressed in the weight room and continued to improve his agility.

Identifying a need to be able to cover any linebacker position he may line up in, Ridley worked on rushing the passer, dropping back into coverage, and reading the offensive line to better prepare for facing the rush in the pros. Ridley has noticed the speed of the training is significantly faster in the pros, the player he was coming out of college seems like a completely different player, with minicamp and training camp under his belt Ridley feels ready for the preseason, but he also understands he must continue improving in order to maximise his impact in the league.

(222 words)

(S3) - Weekend PT #1 - Off-Season - Evok - 09-09-2017

[Image: m0SuOTL.png]

(S3) - Weekend PT #1 - Off-Season - Elhomi - 09-09-2017

Ricardo Rodriguez spent the off-season preparing for draft in his hometown of seward, ala ska.While in Alaska he help his father coach the Seward JR Jays in the Blue Valley Youth Football League.He was the Offensive coordinator of the team. Rodriguez and the JR Jays finished the league play 5-0 and went on to win the Alaska State Championship. Rodriguez also participated in a celebrity golf tournament near his Alma mater Savannah State. He didn't do very well in the tournament as he was 3 over par but he still raised over $100,000 for his charity. He spent the rest of the off-season preparing for the draft. Rodriguez was not a hot prospect go in into the draft so he had to work hard and train. Since he missed the prospect games and the combine he held personal workouts at Savannah State. Rodriguez was asked what he expected from his NSFL career. RODRIGUEZ SAID “I want to be be one of the best offensive linemen in the NSFL wen my career is done.” He was also asked where he would like to play on the Offensive line and he stated that he will play anywhere the team needs him to on the line

205 words

(S3) - Weekend PT #1 - Off-Season - Silver Fox - 09-09-2017

“It’s ok Tim. You’re OROY to me.” Fox consoled Tim Pest, shaking his head at the TV in the bar as Darlane “Butterfingers” Farlane took his award from Commissioner Ballerstorm, nearly dropping it in the process. “I guess volume is all that matters.” “But..no sacks! None!” “I know, Tim, I know. Barkeep, another couple shots over here please.”

Well, I’ll show you volume this year. We’ve got Clifford Rove now, and Jameis is going to disappear like a bad dream. All those inaccurate throws? Gone. Now they’re going to me instead of out of bounds. Spent a lot of time with our new QB, and it’s like night and day. I barely even have to work for it anymore, I just look back and hold my hands out and there’s the ball. Clifford Rove: ball in your hands in 5 seconds or less or your money back. You thought we came out of nowhere last year? We’re gonna blow your minds this season.

I’ve spent days in front of the jugs machine, until I can catch in my sleep. Left handed, right handed, both, from any and every angle. I’ve been sprinting and working on my form; cut another couple 10ths of a second off my 40 time. Hell, in practice I almost caught Omar Wright; that’s like catching the wind. Playbook? Memorized. Route running? More crisp than ever. Stiffarm? Check. Those corners are going to bounce off like they hit a wall. Get ready NSFL, because Liberty is coming for you.