International Simulation Football League
(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight (/showthread.php?tid=4476)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Peterson - 09-11-2017

Rookie QB Mitch Stars, the 2nd Round Draft pick and second QB taken in the first ever DSFL Draft! As a late comer to the DSFL draft Mitch Stars is a bit of a wild card, being the first QB drafted in the DSFL many scratch their heads in shock and awe at the Portland Pythons drafting, some people think that the Pythons would have been better off drafting a more well rounded QB as Stars seemed to have fallen through many holes in draft reports, let alone nobody figure he would be drafted second overall. The question on everyone's minds is this kid ready to be a starting QB for a DSFL team? Mitch took a few minutes to speak with us after hearing the draft news and this is what he had to say, "I'm really excited to be apart of the Portland Pythons, I've heard amazing things about the management staff, and I look forward to seeing what our coaching staff can help us develop into!" We had the chance to also speak with Mick May the General Manager for the Pythons about drafting Stars. "We're really excited to see what Mitch can bring to the table, from what we've seen in film and from the scouting reports we're glad we got our guy that we feel can hold under center!" So only time will tell if the Pythons gamble will pay off lets wait and see!

240 words

@[antihype]

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - TimPest - 09-11-2017

The best rookie in the draft that I want to see play is archetype schmarcheetype. He is the new offensive line man for the Arizona outlaws and he is going to help the outlaws get to championship 3. He is a good lineman and he is like a wise old man I know. He is going to play by me and he is only on the team for a few days and he passes the guy I was playing with in season 2. In season 3 I want to get the same stats I got in season 2 but I want me other team to do just as good on the offense line. I think archetype scmarcheetype could be the man to do this stuff with me on the offense line because he is a new exicited rookie with the old man wisdom and old man strength so he can use that to be the best two players on the offense line in Arizona for season 3.

I am excited to see archetype scmarcheetype be next to me and we can make so many pancakes out of defense guys in game we will be double mvps in the league awards at the end of the season 3.

@Schmarchee

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - toivo - 09-11-2017

I'm excited to see Pythons rookie, defensive end Andreas Waiters out there on the field. Waiters and linebacker Noah Goodson will lead the defense against other DSFL rookies. One of the draft's ultimate run stoppers, Waiters is going to cause a lot of trouble for opponent's offenses. With great strength and tackling ability. Keep your eye on Waiters for defensive rookie of the year. Waiters wasn't selected at the top of his draft class, and he might make other management regret that decision when he tears through offensive lines and limits the run game of opponents. It will be very interesting to see how Andreas Waiters performs in the pre-season. I'm expecting big things, and so is the rest of the Pythons' locker room. From the brief time we've had to train and workout with, we all know that Waiters is a stand up guy with tremendous ability. Waiters has the chance to be the most dominant defensive end of the pre-season, and we won't have long to wait to get a glimpse of what Portland has in store for the future. If Portland can turn Waiters into a premier defensive end, the Pythons' management will look like geniuses. Waiters is going to bring the pain in the pre-season.
word count:210
@Chukka

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - HENDRIX - 09-11-2017

Six rookies will be playing major roles for the Baltimore Hawks this season and I am excited to see how each and every one of them perform. But for this exercise I will focus on what Ricardo Sandoval will bring to the best defensive line in the NSFL. He will be replacing top waiver claim player from the previous season in JD Boom. Sandoval will be bringing his great run stuffing ability while playing in between Bert Metas and Owen Taylor. Sandoval, a waiver claim player himself last season, showcased this valuable skill during his cameo with the Otters. His play and the way he handled himself during interviews made the Hawks proud to select him in the first round of the draft. Throughout training camp he has been one of the rookies that has really impressed the front office and coaching staff. He has been a great personality in the locker room as well. Sandoval is a San Diego, CA native where he stayed in the area to play his college football at SDSU. After a dominant collegiate career the next step was to get paid for his talents in the NSFL. The defensive quartet of Taylor/Sandoval/Metas/Hendrix will surely devastate offensive lines all season. (205)

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Daybe - 09-12-2017

(09-11-2017, 09:01 PM)Peterson Wrote:Rookie QB Mitch Stars, the 2nd Round Draft pick and first QB taken in the first ever DSFL Draft! As a late comer to the DSFL draft Mitch Stars is a bit of a wild card, being the first QB drafted in the DSFL many scratch their heads in shock and awe at the Portland Pythons drafting, some people think that the Pythons would have been better off drafting a more well rounded QB as Stars seemed to have fallen through many holes in draft reports, let alone nobody figure he would be drafted first overall. The question on everyone's minds is this kid ready to be a starting QB for a DSFL team?  Mitch took a few minutes to speak with us after hearing the draft news and this is what he had to say, "I'm really excited to be apart of the Portland Pythons, I've heard amazing things about the management staff, and I look forward to seeing what our coaching staff can help us develop into!" We had the chance to also speak with Mick May the General Manager for the Pythons about drafting Stars. "We're really excited to see what Mitch can bring to the table, from what we've seen in film and from the scouting reports we're glad we got our guy that we feel can hold under center!" So only time will tell if the Pythons gamble will pay off lets wait and see!

240 words

@[antihype]

Nicholas Pierno was the 1st qb ever taken in the DSFL.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Peterson - 09-12-2017

(09-11-2017, 09:17 PM)Daybe Wrote:Nicholas Pierno was the 1st qb ever taken in the DSFL.

corrected thanks!

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - YoloSwag420 - 09-12-2017

[Image: XsQcmL0.jpg]

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - MacTonight - 09-12-2017

The player I’m most excited to see play during the preseason is the 33rd overall pick, DE Eli Kamaka out of Oregon. Declaring for the draft on the final day of eligibility saw the very green Kamaka fall to the 5th Round. Since draft day Kamaka has been making waves with his activity, he is taking the challenge issued to him and he has responded incredibly well. The preseason will be a huge test for the young Hawaiian, with a starting spot at DE available, a good showing could see him become a key contributor on defence for one of the most exciting groups in the league.

Kamaka brings a good first step, great straight line speed, and enough power to be too much to handle for some younger offensive lines. The biggest question surrounding Kamaka is can he mix it with the big boys, and I think the answer is yes. Kamaka has put in work throughout both minicamp and training camp, and I believe his improved a great deal since draft day. The biggest positive for me is that he is dedicated to building his skills as his teammates improve. Kamaka is in it for the long haul, and I believe the Liberty are in a stronger position with him on board.

(214 words)

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - SimmerDownBruhh - 09-12-2017

[Image: UBOTEyr.png?1]

@`BayleyIsland`

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - JuOSu - 09-12-2017

I am most excited to see the rookie Benson Bailey. Bailey was drafted 4th overall to the San Jose Sabercats, who are trying to rebuild and Bayley should be a key part in that rebuild. As one of the best builds in the draft, Bailey especially proved himself off the field though. His fantastic series of articles detailing what he would do as the GM of each team have found many curious readers. Bayley has been one of the most active rookies out there in the league and should be a cornerstone of the Sabercats franchise for seasons to come. Bayley could still end up being a steal at 4th overall, if he can reach his enormous potential. On my own personal draft board, he was first overall.

It will be interesting to watch the Sabercats in general, as they were a team with two first round picks. They also selected Kicker Iyah Blewitt, who has been fantastic last season as a waiver pick and is very active, but drafting a kicker in the first round could come back to haunt the Sabercats. Despite his activity and the importance of kickers, you still have to consider other positions as well, especially on a team with as many needs as the Sabercats.