International Simulation Football League
(S41) PT #1 - Off-season Memories - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S41) PT #1 - Off-season Memories (/showthread.php?tid=45094)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Off-season Memories - Kunra99 - 04-17-2023

This off-season was a roller coaster. After that heart breaking defeat in the Ultimini, I just wanted to be close with my family for a bit.  

After all the season wrap-up stuff in Portland, I caught a flight back home. I took about a week to just deflate, and disconnect from everything surrounding the league. Let my body and mind relax. Spent time laughing with those I loved most.  

I reconnected just before the ISFL draft. It seemed like no sooner did I turn that phone back on than it started ringing. The ISFL scouts were out doing their work and trying to feel me out. Early on the process was fairly routine. Nothing was standing out.  
Then I met IceBear from the Honolulu team and everything changed. We chatted a long while and I really felt like this was somebody that shared my outlook on life, and professional career.  

When the draft started I had no expectations, I didn't really plan on watching it even, but my family insisted.  

Then my phone rang and the man was on the phone telling me to pack my bags for Hawaii.  

I couldn't believe it! My family swarmed me.  

There is definitely a hungry fire lit and I'm ready to roll

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Off-season Memories - lespoils - 04-17-2023

SHL Affiliate: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=130359&pid=3349249#pid3349249

Different username: JURT

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Off-season Memories - sburbine - 04-17-2023

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Off-season Memories - LordEscanor - 04-17-2023

What did I do this offseason? Before the draft, I do as I always do each year. I flew back home to my homeland in Greece. I always visit what remains of Sparta. I spend weeks there reminiscing about my people and my wife, Gorgo. I visited the Hell’s Gates of Thermopylae. I pay tribute to the soldiers who fought and died at my side during that fateful week. I do not understand why I am the one who was brought to this future and none of them. I shall never understand it.

I returned back to the United States a week before the draft. I spent the week in the gym and practicing on the football field. On draft day, I was drafted by the Kansas City Coyotes, as you know. I spent the rest of the offseason becoming acquainted with the team. We have built a bond almost as infallible as the phalanx itself. Now we prepare to win the Ultimini.

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Off-season Memories - Martin.Bachman - 04-17-2023

Following Martin Bachman's graduation from Mississippi State University, not having much money, his only real option was to head home and stay with his family. So Martin headed to Grenada, MS where his childhood room waited for him. Lord of The Rings posters and all. He eagerly awaited the draft, anxious to find out where he would be going. He had never been far from home with Mississippi State only being about an hour and a half drive from his family. The draft day came and Martin found out he was going to be going not just across the country, but across the world. He was drafted by the London Royals in the third round. He was filled with both excitement and fear. The excitement won in the end and he said goodbye to his family and boarded the flight to take him across the pond. He quickly made friends with his new teammate Josh Patterson. They learned the new city together, and eventually Martin lost the fear surrounding the move. He hit all the fried chicken places he could find, quickly figuring out his favorite spot. He frequented the chicken shop pretty much daily going into his first season in the DSFL. Martin's gotten comfortable in his new home, and looks forward to playing in front of all the people he's gotten to know in the area.

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Off-season Memories - KaleSalad - 04-17-2023

SHL affiliate

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Off-season Memories - yosh - 04-17-2023

SHL PT

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Off-season Memories - BOOM™ - 04-18-2023

[Image: KxgQ9oc0_o.png]

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Off-season Memories - dude_man - 04-18-2023

Jake Williams has enjoyed much of his time just training. He's been working with many different trainers and coaches to keep himself in tip top shape. Of course he used that time to also help his father with some renovations around his property. It helped him develop that bond that he was lacking in his earlier years, and it's really helped Jake find that peace that he really needs during the Hawk's rebuild. Jake also reached out to his brother Cade to see how he was enjoying retirement still. Jake was able to stay at his brother's house for a couple weeks to workout and do some film study sessions as Cade has been trying to get into coaching at his alma mater. Jake noticed that some of his reads have been slow and that he needs to watch the receiver's hips more for any twitches as that's a normal giveaway for sudden route directions. Because of this, Jake was able to further his training and should have a much better year in the upcoming season.

RE: (S41) PT #1 - Off-season Memories - Purpl3Spartan - 04-18-2023

This offseason felt rather short for Benjamin Duvernay as he stayed focus on grinding and keeping his body game ready for the next season. After the Portland Pythons' heartbreaking loss at the end of the postseason, Duvernay traveled back home to France to revisit his home town and family. Back home, Duvernay was able to collect his thoughts and return to his home gym. The thoughts of the Ultimini against the Buccaneers plagues his mind as he muses over what happened during that game. It pushes him to work harder than last time.

"If only I could just get one play back" He thought as he worked on catching exercises as he hopes to make a leap in his interception production next season. Duvernay remains troubled by the loss, but realizes that they were so close to victory in the Ultimini. He uses this reality to motivate him come next season as he feels inches away from the trophy.