International Simulation Football League
(S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International (/showthread.php?tid=47024)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - .Laser - 08-15-2023

SHL - .Laser

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - FTR - 08-15-2023

Growing football is a priority for the ISFL, heck look at all the locations that play host to a team in the league. And to help them grow, the top brass at the ISFL had asked Mo Gago to go to the Philippines in the last off-season to help grow the sport there. Which is both a smart idea on their side, and also a horrible idea. As Mo Gago is Filipino, so he gets to go back to his roots, and is able to easily communicate with the people he is trying to grow the sport with. But on the other side, you have the fact that it's Mo Gago, not exactly the type of person you would want to use to help grow your sport. But all in all, it was probably a successful trip, with loads of Gago sherseys given out to kids, and a few lessons given to both potential coaches, and potential players, on how to play well at football, or at least a semi-pro level of play.

[173 words]

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - Urq660 - 08-16-2023

Since DJ Maclean is the biggest thing in Scottish American football since the Scottish Claymores (damn, remember NFL Europe? Good times), the obvious choice is to have him visit Scotland and help them as a whole develop some skills, to get the next generation of Scots into the ISFL.

Maclean hosted a series of workshops around the country for various senior and junior teams, looking at everything from practicing effectively, to some skills on both sides of the ball, and how to look at your game and analyse where you can improve. He went from the Highland Stags and Aberdeen Roughnecks in the north to  the Glasgow Tigers and Edinburgh Wolves in the south, covering the whole country and getting as many players and coaches involved as possible. He often got greeted with ‘traditional’ Scottish presents like haggis, which he doesn’t even like. The Irn Bru was more well received, or the tablet. Don’t tell the coaches though!

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - katarn22 - 08-16-2023

While Ryan McBean spent the offseason getting ready for the DSFL draft, he still managed to get some travel in. His family travelled a lot when Ryan was a child so he has been all over and seen a wide variety of cultures. This summer, he went to New Zealand where he had been once before at the age of 9. McBean really enjoyed his time in New Zealand the first time around, and what really caught his eye was the sport of rugby. It was very similar and yet simultaneously different from football. The first time, Ryan went for fun. This time, however, Ryan had connected before the trip with one of the local rugby coaches and wanted to see if he could train with them. The coach agreed and when Ryan arrived, he hit the ground running. He participated in various drills and even games, hoping to use what he learned in New Zealand and translate it to an American football field.

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - yosh - 08-16-2023

SHL PT

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - Raven - 08-16-2023

Code:
Written option: With the growth of the game of football across the world, some countries keep calling your team to go there for a workshop, to help them be better at the game. Your team decides to send you in the offseason to travel there. With the offseason now over, tell us your experience! What country did you end up travelling to? What did they do when you reached there to help direct a workshop?

Pérez got a call from the KNAFB, the "Koninklijke Nederlandse American Footballbond", or for the English speaking "The Royal Dutch American Football Association". The official organization behind all things American Football in the Netherlands.

As a Dutch native and one who plays at the highest levels of American Football, the KNAFB was very interested in bringing in Pérez and his team to come to The Netherlands and host an American Football workshop.

The biggest sport in the Netherlands is Football, or soccer as the Americans call it. With over 1.2M people who play on club level, American Football only has around 2200 members. However this number is ever growing and with Pérez being a bit of a poster boy for American Football in the Netherlands, it is expected that this number will keep on growing.

Pérez and the gang ran a 5-day workshop with different groups of players all across different age ranges. It was a massive success, with many calling for more workshops of this caliber. Pérez will likely return every offseason to host such an event and has even been offered to be the ambassador of American Football for the Netherlands once his playing days are behind him.

[200 words]

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - Jiggly_333 - 08-16-2023

I'm a weeb. Where do you think Midwest went?

Look, the interesting thing about Midwest Emo, the actual music genre, is that while there are some who act like it's only true "Midwest Emo" if it's from the actual Midwest, it's traveled around the world a bit. More specifically, I think that there are actually more Midwest Emo artists in Japan than you may think. And you may say "That's not Midwest Emo, that's just Sparkling Math Rock", but I think that artists like Minami and indigo la end have the exact vibes of someone crushed by the overwhelming existential weight of growing up in suburban Wisconsin. Hell, Minami's symbol, a stylized "373" due to her name's similarity to some numbers, is so close to being an actual Midwestern area code. The point is, the sound is there if you seek it out.

Anyway, our boi Midwest went to Japan to sorta train and hang out. Maybe they even got to meet one of those artists and helped make a music video with them, getting some soft focus shots of Osaka at night.

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - venomous_wario - 08-16-2023

After Marshall was drafted by the Kansas City Coyotes, he traveled with the team to Australia for a workshop with the locals as part of a campaign by the DSFL to gauge their interest in an Australian team. After flying into Sydney, Marshall and the team had two days before the workshop, so they spent the time sightseeing in Sydney and the surrounding area, exploring the Sydney Opera House and marveling at Uluru. Later, they traveled to a small village that had been devastated by the bush fires that had ravaged most of the region. The inhabitants of said village were huge fans of the ISFL and its affiliates, and, according to one of the senior officials of the village, even declared a public holiday on the day of the Ultimus each year. The players and coaches helped hone the inhabitants’ skills, answered questions from curious onlookers, and gave out plenty of souvenirs, including several pieces of autographed merchandise. At the end of the three-day workshop, the team unveiled a brand-new, state-of-the-art football stadium, which had been developed by the team owner in secret, and played a full game against the residents of the village. Naturally, the players had to tone their abilities down slightly, resulting in a 24-17 win for the villagers, which was capped off by the local butcher intercepting a Lenard McRobinson pass and returning it 56 yards to the house for a pick-six that won them the game. The locals then expressed their gratitude for the team by gifting them large, detailed wood sculptures of a kangaroo and a coyote, which represented both the village and the team. In conclusion, both sides were grateful for the opportunity to meet each other and hope to cross paths again soon.

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - GrimmCrackers - 08-16-2023

The Tijuana front office got a little confused when they heard their new defensive tackle was from Wisconsin. They knew that in Wisconsin it was freezing, it snows a lot, and that the people love hockey and cheese curds. They knew cheese curds go on poutine so they figured Wisconsin must be a Canadian province, right? Even if they were wrong, their hearts were in the right place and the National Canadian Youth Football Developmental Camp gladly accepted me as an honorary Canadian Ambassador for the sport of football. While I spent plenty of time working with the kids on different practice drills, the majority of the time was me trying to prove to them that fried cheese curds are the superior method for cheese curd consumption while they continued to preach the religion of poutine to me. In the end, we embraced our differences and put my fried cheese curds on their poutine to take it to the next level. Football continues to truly bring the world together.

RE: (S43) PT #2 - Putting the I in International - ForSucksFake - 08-16-2023

For as long as I can remember, American football has had an international appeal. Of course, NFL Europe was a successful development league in the 1990s and early 2000s before it was shuttered in 2007. But a lot of people, Americans especially, haven’t been aware of various leagues across the rest of the world. One league which has been very successful in Europe is the German Football League. If you can believe it, the league has been around for over 40 years! The Baltimore Hawks made a trip to Germany to scout potential new signings and host a football camp. They set up shop at the headquarters of the New Yorker Lions, who have a GFL-best 12 championships. Braunschweig made for a wonderful host, where the Hawks held various positional drills. Preston Beatz, reigning ISFL MVP, hosted a quarterback camp with the GFL’s QBs. GM Jake Williams… well, he took pictures. All in all, it was a successful trip. Despite no new signings, a strong network was built with potential for a recruitment pipeline.