International Simulation Football League
(S48) PT #5 - Media Darling - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S48) PT #5 - Media Darling (/showthread.php?tid=51689)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: (S48) PT #5 - Media Darling - Middy - 06-19-2024

Klaus, this is your first season in the DSFL, how are things going for you? 

Things are going very well. It was absolutely an adjustment from things that I have done previously. But the support system on the Coyotes is incredible. We have great team management, a very engaged and determined team. I really couldn't ask for a better rookie team.

The Coyotes are 4-8 right now. The team started off strong, but have slid in previous weeks. We have also seen a dip in your performance as well. Can you please speak into that?

Honestly, no the season we were hoping for. Like you said, we started off the season strongly and got some big wins early on. We have had a lot of close games and just couldn't finish those games. I'm definitely partly to blame for that. My performance has not been as strong as of late, giving up those 3 sacks against the Seawolves. At the end of the day, I just have to continue to push myself and work harder to make the team better.

Any final comments you would like to make?

The season isn't over, we still have a couple games left. I still have a lot to show out on that field and I am going to continue to work hard and do my part for the team.

RE: (S48) PT #5 - Media Darling - parky - 06-19-2024

Today I sat down with safety prospect Victoire Absolue of the London Royals. We spoke about his background in soccer, his recent acquisition by the now 11-1 London Royals, and his goals and expectations from this temporary assignment. 

Interviewer: Victoire - 

VA: Monsieur please, call me Vic. 

Interviewer: Okay Vic, tell me something. Your father was a famous midfielder back in France. He played for the national team and made an impact in Ligue 1 as well. You were a midfielder, and from all accounts a promising talent before switching to American football. Can you tell us a little about that?

VA: Absolutement. I love soccer and I love my father very much. When my parents split, and I moved to the USA, I found myself craving a change. There was just something about competing in a sport in a country that didn't care for it that didn't make sense to me. I made a few friends on the football team and they encouraged me to try out. The rest, as they say, is history. I developed a quick love for the position, and while the physical demands of the position are very different from playing midfield in soccer, the mental awareness of the position of free safety is almost identical. It is my job to see the field, to anticipate the offense, and put myself in the best position possible to make a play anytime I can.

Interviewer: You really won a lottery ticket getting scooped up by London. The team is now 11-1 and en route to a promising run at the championship. What are your thoughts on this, and what do you expect to gain out this experience?

VA: I am ecstatic beyond words. I only wish this could be a more formal assignment, so that I might get more time to gel with my teammates and make a couple more runs at the championship. Time will tell what they need from me over these final two games, but rest assured if I get a chance to contribute, Victoire shall be Absolue.

Interwier: Thank you so much Vic, good luck this season.

VA: Merci, Au Revoir

RE: (S48) PT #5 - Media Darling - jacobcarson877 - 06-19-2024

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S48) PT #5 - Media Darling - wetwilleh - 06-19-2024

ISFLN: Today we have the pleasure of having a sit down with league darling and double first overall draft pick Willeh Strong, how are you doing today?

Willeh Strong: I'm doing great! It's great to be here and finally get to talk with the league's best news source.

ISFLN: That's great to hear! I know your debut season in the ISFL hasn't gone to plan with the Yeti this season but from the looks of it you might be in the conversation for a back to back defensive rookie of the year again, is this correct?

Willeh Strong: Haha yeah, I haven't let this season get to me and have just been doing my thing. The stats are still racking up and although we don't have a win yet, this team is still young and is only going to get better. Don't you fret, the Yeti are going to come back better than ever.

ISFLN: Oh I bet. You already have Hogmally breaking league records and I'm sure that will be you one day. We wish you well and hopefully the Yeti can finally get one in the last couple games of the season!

Willeh Strong: Of course, we're not calling this season off just yet, anything can happen! Thank you so much for reaching out!

RE: (S48) PT #5 - Media Darling - Bayley - 06-19-2024

SHL PT - Bayley

RE: (S48) PT #5 - Media Darling - JKortesi81 - 06-19-2024

An Interview with Howard Coward.

Austin Copperheads running back Howard Coward is coming towards the end of his 8th season in the ISFL, all of them with Austin. Coward currently finds himself in the running for running back of the year, as he’s part of a 3 headed rushing leader race with Ace Anderson (who has more yards than Coward, but it’s due to volume) and Kyle Crane, who should be the RB of the year favorite entering the final two games of the season. We sat down with Coward to get his thoughts on some football related topics.

“Howard, you’re currently sitting at 1340 yards, only 30 away from your personal best set last year. How do you keep getting better, even as you get older?”

Coward: Lots of training in the offseason. I do what I can in the gym to keep my body at its best, and that includes having a strict diet. Ever since I took over the sole rushing duties in Austin 4 years ago, I’ve improved on my yardage total each time, and I’m going to make it a 5th straight year in my next game. Hopefully, I can get to 1500 yards, which is a goal of mine.

“Despite your best efforts, Austin is only 4-10, having yet another rough season. Is the lack of winning getting to you?”

C: “Normally, I’d say yes, but after we won the Ultimus, the main goal of winning a championship was met. I’d still like to be MVP one of these days, but I’m also well aware that my time is growing short on that front. Now, I just like being there for the team when it needs me.”

“Do you think you’ll finish your career in Austin?”

C: Time will tell. If I spent the rest of my career here in the Teal? I’d be very happy. But, with the losing and rebuilding, I’ve also told my GM that if there was a trade out there to send me to a contender where we can get some good pieces for the rebuilding of the Copperheads, that I’m okay with him sending me away. Whatever is best for the team.”

“Thank you for this quick interview, and good luck on your quest for 1500 yards!”

C: “No, thank you. It was my pleasure.”
(387)

RE: (S48) PT #5 - Media Darling - .Laser - 06-19-2024

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S48) PT #5 - Media Darling - AJW - 06-19-2024

VHL Affiliate

RE: (S48) PT #5 - Media Darling - Confurius Dethwillinbach - 06-19-2024

[Image: 6XjtQgq]
Walter on Walter/Confurius:
https://imgur.com/a/6XjtQgq

RE: (S48) PT #5 - Media Darling - roquefort - 06-19-2024

SHL Affiliate