International Simulation Football League
(S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Thread: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat (/showthread.php?tid=53306)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - roquefort - 09-18-2024

This is a silly prompt for me. Roquefort Cotswold is already a two way player. He is, while on defense, a scoring threat from anywhere on the field. In week 4 of the ISFL he had four interceptions against the Osaka Kaiju and, while doing so, out gained Star Wide receiver "Brad Woof" in both yardage and touch downs. If the ball is on the field, he is hunting for it. You could line him up out wide and he would be faster than the vast majority of wide receivers in the league. He is more agile, quicker on his feet. He cuts off his inside foot, his hips drop low, his head turned in any which way to feint out the opposing defender. In all of his seasons of absolutely demolishing the sorry receivers of the league he has mastered their skills, but even better. You could line Roquefort out wide RIGHT NOW and I guarantee you even with a five game head start he would end up out scoring and gaining bum WRs like @omg Seer Lawl and others.

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - ManningTypeAim - 09-18-2024

[Image: dRkYz4w.jpeg]

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - Figgy - 09-18-2024

Lyle Robideaux is an up and coming Defensive Back. With speed(100), pretty good agility(75) and decent hands, the obvious choice would to move to receiver on the other side of the ball. Lyle would be able to convert that blazing speed and agility into great route running. Once he gets the ball his above average intelligence(70) would allow him to path out the best paths to extra yards and the endzone. Lyle would relish the opportunity to play on the other side of the ball and ruin defensive backs lives and cause nightmares for days leading up to the games, and after them as well.  With his strength, Lyle should be able to break tackles and make it difficult to take down without having to completely wrap him up. But alas Lyle isn't a receiver and likely will never be, so it is his goal to cause nightmares amongst the receiver core on the opposition and lead the Hawks to the promise land.

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - kdr - 09-18-2024

Oh, we are going back to the days of yore when everyone played on both sides of the ball.  Well, I think Wilder can definitely do this.  Wilder is still developing, but the skill set of a receiving running back, I think would lend itself to not 1, but two possible positions on the defensive sideof the ball.  I think right now with the speed and the agility along with a little bit of hands and strength, he would be a great ball hawking safety.  He would use that speed and agility to cut through the hole to bring down a runner on run plays or to survey the field and quickly close out receivers on passing situations.

And like I said, just give him a little more strength and he could move to linebacker and take on those blocks and shed them to stuff the run or sack the quarterback and could cover most Tight Ends with his speed.

Code:
words: 159

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - Daileyj6 - 09-18-2024

Dailey didn't always dream of being a ferocious interior rusher, he just kind of fit the trait and talent requirements. Coming up in high school, he always wanted to be a guard. With a large frame, heavy anchor point, and fast hands - Jonathan Dailey love the position in the interior offensive line. He was actually pretty good at it too, but he couldn't stop drawing penalties. His aggression and obsession with winning every rep led him to commit penalties like holding. Another issue was his tendency to move if the guy across from him moved. This led to false starts often in practice and try outs. That didn't make him a bad football player though, it actually worked out perfectly. His reaction time to the opponent in front of him and his aggressiveness with his hands and feet made him a perfect fit a defensive tackle. So don't give up if you don't seem to fit at one position, there might be another on the other side of the ball that you would be a perfect fit for!

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - SoySavant - 09-18-2024

Given Traffic Cone's current position, as a mauler OL, I think he could make a great defensive tackle. He would definitely be more of a run-stopping DT than any sort of pass-rushing threat given his low speed but, with his size and strength, Traffic could make a good living handling double teams and stopping rushers up the middle. Would Traffic do this however? After spending his whole life thus far blocking off would-be disruptors in some shape or form, becoming one would be completely alien to him. Traffic has always dedicated himself to protecting something, be it a construction lot, sidewalk, or quarterback. To become a DT would be a departure from everything he knows. Now, you could argue that protecting the endzone from opposing running backs does technically fit Traffic's agenda, but he would need some convincing to see it that way given the inherently disruptive nature of the defensive line compared to the protective nature of offensive linemen.

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - yonggarius - 09-18-2024

Robot Sunfish is a pass rushing linebacker. He is fast for his position, but his speed is probably towards the lower end compared with offensive skill players. However, he is just as agile as them, while being a lot more stronger. So that's why I think Sunfish will be a great fullback for the offense. He is strong, sufficiently agile and has enough power to hold on to the ball through even the most chaotic of situations around the line of scrimmage. And while he is not an elite pass catcher by any means (I mean, what did you excpect from a robotic fish?), his recently improved "hands" will prove to be sufficient if the need arises for him to catch a pass in those short yardage situations. And pass protection? Sunfish has that down too. Being a robotic sunfish, he's very large and wide, while being quite strong. So if there's a blitz, Sunfish can literally be a shield for his quarterback like he did as a goon during his hockey playing days.

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - Knif3yMan87 - 09-18-2024

J.C. Tomlinson was originally a 2 way player in high school, as most players at smaller schools tend to be. I actually considered making him an Offensive Guard or Center for DSFL/ISFL. It was something I really considered and if were not for the computer generated offensive linemen, I probably would've done it.  One of the things J.C. always struggled with was his weight, however that is something that was less of a problem if he were playing on the O-Line. At 6'5" and 300+ pounds he certainly had the size and tenacity to make a gruesome interior offensive lineman. Tomlinson has already shown versatility at DE/LB/DT, mostly playing at LB so far in the DSFL but certainly more than capable to play the other positions in the defensive box. I am not sure that Tomlinson would make for an All-Pro offensive lineman yet he could definitely make for a decent blocker. Needless to say, he doesn't have the speed or hands to really play any offensive skill positions so QB, WR, and RB would be out of the question. Perhaps he could service as an emergency TE or a blocking FB? Certainly would be interesting, yet more of a gadget play instead of a full-time offensive player.

Code:
Words: 210+

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - Urq660 - 09-19-2024

Growing up in the Scottish highlands, DJ Maclean didn’t really have any experience of playing football (the American one) too he moved to Oregon, where there were plenty players to cover every position. If he had played in Scotland first, he probably would have dual hatted at some point, due to the much slimmer pickings, in terms of players. He did, however, play rugby at school, where everyone plays offense and defense. He is a physical player and not afraid of contact, so he would probably make a super running back. He has also excelled in stopping running backs, so much so that he is a back to back to back defensive player of the year award winner, so he knows a thing or 2 about what it takes to stop elite running backs. That could help him be a better running back, since he would know the kind of play he would make against a route, then game plan it a different way than expected.

RE: (S50) PT #2 - Dual Threat - OrbitingDeath - 09-19-2024

With Princess Donut playing as a defensive tackle, she is one of the heaviest players on the defensive side of the ball (despite her small frame compared to the human counterparts, its actually impressive they weigh the same). So when this would translate this to a dual threat position, it is only logical that she would pick offensive line.

I AM SORRY FOR THIS INCONVENIENCE, BUT THIS PERSON WRITING THIS POINT TASK IS TRYING TO TAKE GLORY AWAY FROM ME, GRAND CHAMPION BREED WINNER REGIONAL NATIONAL WINNERS PRINCESS DONUT THE QUEEN ANNE CHONK. AS A DEFENSIVE TACKLE I AM NOT JUST THE HEAVIEST PLAYER ON DEFENSIVE, I AM THE GLUE THAT HOLDS THE TEAM TOGETHER, I HAVE A CHARISMA STAT OF ATLEAST A 132 THAT HELPS ME CHARM THE OPPOSSING OFFENCES IN JUST HANDING US OVER THE BALL. WITH MY SINGING SKILLS I BASICALLY BEG THE OPPOSING OFFENSE TO LEAVE THE FIELD. SO I FEEL I SHOULD BE A RUNNING BACK INSTEAD. JUST GIVE ME THE BALL AND I SCARE EVERYONE AWAY AND THIS WAY I CAN WALK INTO THE ENDZONE WITH THE BALL AND HAND US THE VICTORY.