International Simulation Football League
(S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Thread: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory (/showthread.php?tid=53462)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - midknight - 10-09-2024

For this, I propose an environment that I feel like would be very interesting. On board a rocking ship. Although some may accuse this of bias towards the best DSFL team, the Bondi Beach Buccaneers, I feel like this could be an interesting experiment, as it would require teams to prepare for a lot of various situations. For example, if there was strong waves, people would have to have an excellent sense of balance in order to stay on the ship and be able to keep track of the ball. This is where our team bondi's advantage comes in, as due to our pirate heritage we have various ships to practice for various situations. Additionally, we natively have oceans near us and can practice in a wide variety of conditions. This is simply a way to take home field advantage to another level, and I'm all for it (host the mini on a pirate ship please).

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - KaleSalad - 10-09-2024

SHL affiliate

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - JuOSu - 10-10-2024

SHL PT

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Urq660 - 10-10-2024

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - leandrofg - 10-10-2024

Can you imagine playing American Football on the moon? While you might be excited about the idea at first, I'd imagine other feelings would overcome the excitement.

Let's put aside the obvious restrictions of temperature and oxygen supply with some innovative equipment you'd be able to use that'd relieve both issues. Imagine wearing normal gear, and playing on a regular grass field designed on the moon.

The gravity would impact the game so much. Quarterbacks wouldn't be able to toss floaters to WRs because that ball would end up on Earth... or further away. What would happen with a nicely done cutback by a Running Back? That defensive player would probably float-roll away from the field. Kickers and Punters? Absolutely destroyed. Try to kick a Field Goal? A defensive player will just... jump. The shortest vertical would be able to block a kick, but should it pass the defensive line, would the referees be able to spot the trajectory?

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - roquefort - 10-10-2024

Roquefort Cotswold... in space. Rather than land upon a boring spatial body such as the Moon, Roquefort envisions something much greater. A field, suspended precisely between two gravitational pulls of celestial bodies - perfectly balanced within the void. Upon this field, Roquefort would would stake his claim to glory. Donning a brilliant banana yellow and baby blue suit, Roquefort's dazzling uniform would outshine the stars behind him. His strong rat haunches would launch him many a feet into the air, with nothing but the ball to bring him down. With one swift maneuver he would latch onto the ball and allow it's momentum to carry him back. Landed once more, he would prepare for his return. Digging his claws deep into the dirt, his tail counterbalancing his strength, he'd depart. A trail of smoke behind him, with no friction or gravity to hold him back Roquefort would be undeniable. A quick move left, a dash right. Opposing offenders sliding into one another as they attempt to bring him down. With a final dive and somersault the rat wonder would find himself in the paydirt once more. Earth, the moon, space, mars, no stadium is too large for this rat.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Jumbo - 10-10-2024

SHL Affiliate
Username: Jumbobone19

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - WildfireMicro - 10-10-2024

I guess first we should talk about the Sarasota Sailfish playing a football game on the moon, where I imagine field goals would be ether super easy or downright impossible. Forget getting any kind of passing game going due to the lack of gravity, I'd imagine the running game would become overpowered of every running back can just float over the defenders. Passing game would probably be impossible Underwater as well, and the game would probably lose its appeal and become pretty boring to both the players and the fans considering how slow the water would make everyone. If nothing else though, at least Sarasota would feel right at home with their aquatic mascot themeing. Now if we were playing in Lava in a volcano, I just imagine everyone would ether get heat stroke or just melt.

And of course playing on blacktop or wood like basketball would just make everyone on the Sailfish including the kicker if things goes really bad get some pretty bad injuries. Let's just keep football on turf or grass for now.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - 24redcrayons - 10-10-2024

I think that one interesting environment that should be considered as a venue is a swamp. I think that it would be interesting ebcause there would be a ton of mud everywhere and it would be a lot hader for everyone to move around. If the birddogs were able to play a game in a swamp, I think that they would do a lot better than some of the other mascots because birddogs a lot of the time have to work in swamps when they are hunting, which makes things easier. Also, because we have me as a running back, the Ford F150 4X4 with a torsen front differential, it would be even easier. Of course, if the swamp is too deep or way too wet to the point that it becomes muddy, it might even backfire because me, the truck, would get stuck. Ultimately, I think think that playing in a swamp in the middle of nowhere in front of nobody would be fun to explore.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - YetiTaz - 10-10-2024

PBE Affiliate. Username: vrobx1

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=37654&st=45&#entry782912