International Simulation Football League
(S7) - PT 3 - Other Sports - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S7) - PT 3 - Other Sports (/showthread.php?tid=8371)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

(S7) - PT 3 - Other Sports - Drizzy - 04-19-2018

If Cordell Joshua wasn't playing football he would be a professional darts player. Yes that's right, the burly defensive lineman is also known to enjoy the bar sport of darts and even to this day plays to a serious level. Joshua began playing darts when he first frequented a bar at age 12 and from there built his play up to the point where he had to ask some serious questions about which sport he would rather pursue. Sure being a top college recruit and 2nd overall draft pick is nice but Cordell can't help but wonder sometimes about what might have been if he'd decided to pursue his darts dream, and whether or not he would be more happy with his lot in life if he were throwing small metal arrows at a board all day every day instead of getting thrown about by large men. Cordell's love of darts and talent for the sport may one day translate to him following his dream and playing the sport at a professional level, likely when the natural lifespan of his career has expired and he is no longer a top competitor, or maybe his career will be cut short early to follow this noble dream.

Code:
205 words

(S7) - PT 3 - Other Sports - iseedoug - 04-19-2018

If Ben Horne was not playing in the NSFL, he would still be playing football. Just a different type of gridiron football, like the Arena Football League or the Canadian Football League, both faster pace versions of the NSFL (play clock wise). One may say, that is boring, all you want to play is football, but there is a good reason for it. Football is by far the most strategic and intelligence driven (form the players point of view) sport there is. In football, you play in short planned out bursts. At each play it is your strategy against theirs. In most other sports, the pace is too fast to have in-depth plans, and thus favors raw athletes rather than intelligent athletes. For example, in basketball, you have a small number of plays that can be ran, and most of the time the pace favors skipping the play running all together. This is similar for hockey or soccer, if you get the fast break, take it every time. In baseball your strategy is even more limited. Set the batting order based on some strategic criteria, maybe set the bullipin up strategically, but that's about it. Where as in football, you always have to think strategically. Take the time left on the play clock before the snap. The QB can look at the defense, think about what he saw in film, and change his strategy. The LB can do the same. Even during the play, post-snap, intelligence is important. If a LB has studied enough film, he will know what the TE’s options are in the middle of the route, giving him an extra second to break up the pass. If a QB has studied enough film, he can know where the tight spaces between zones are. He will know what his options are when a Safety breaks toward one route or the other. Further, these plays can all be placed into a strategy scenario-based sequence that is fairly unique to the sport. So, all that to say, Ben Horne would still be playing football, just in another type of league.

Words: 350

Ready to be Graded

(S7) - PT 3 - Other Sports - TrueTexican - 04-19-2018

Even though I believe I was put on God's green earth to play football, there are times when I wonder what could have been. Now I didn't have much choice growing up. In my family and in Texas, we lived by the 3 F's. Faith, Family, Football and in that order too. You better believe that football was always going to be at the top my list and I always felt that pressure growin' up on the ranch. Sometimes, I do wonder if I would be playin' another sport if it weren't for football. I didn't much like basketball, baseball, or hockey (funny Canadians). I do love drivin' and I believe I would have been a Nascar driver in another life. If I had the chance, I would love to drive Daytona or Talladega. Just thinkin' about the roar of the engine and speed of a rocket goin' around a track gets my blood pumpin' more than any football game ever could. There's a level of danger in football because you could get sacked, but in Nascar it's a whole 'nother level I tell ya. That would have been my other path in life but God had plans for me and I'm stickin' with football come hell or highwater.

(S7) - PT 3 - Other Sports - Dangles13 - 04-20-2018

Marcus Kane was born and raised to play football since he was knee-high to a grasshopper; imagining a different sport is a near impossible task. I suppose if we thought about it, the safety is built like a shortstop for baseball. You might wan to see a bit more height in the position but Kane makes up for it with a good blend of agility and smarts. The way Kane reads the play and is able to track down running backs and slot receivers could translate to a player who is able to read line-drives and haul in balls launched into the gap. Kane's strength for shedding blockers might also show up when the Philly native steps to the plate. Eye-hand might be lacking and Kane's average might not be what you want it to be but we expect the big man could launch a few Jacks over the wall every season. While Kane is fast in the open field it is unlikely that the safety turned linebacker would be much of a threat to steal. Baserunning is truly an art and those who do it well are often underappreciated around the sport of baseball. Jermaine Dye comes to mind when we think of a comparable for Marcus.

(S7) - PT 3 - Other Sports - Leafer - 04-20-2018

The sport that Austin Roenick would have played instead of Football is baseball. Like come on, seeing from huge ass size, baseball is really the only sport for him. He is too big for hockey and he would destroy everyone, soccer is just too much running and he cannot kick at all because he sucks, and golf well no. He wants to be very famous and loves team sports so baseball is really the only suitable sport for him.

Roenick wants to be an athlete but not just any athlete, a popular every knows loves athlete. World Series is pretty big in north america and the world and baseball has been around ever since like Jesus was around. Baseball is not a pretty so much effort sport because all you do is bat which means stand there, hit the ball and then run as much as you can to the home base and then stand, field and throw. But 162 games is just insane.

Roenick had lots of goals but obviously it is to be a sports player because he loves sports he watches like hockey football basketball soccer and more. But baseball would be his sport if it weren't for football.

(S7) - PT 3 - Other Sports - Alfredo_Pasta - 04-20-2018

Hello all! I'm writing here about what I would do if I wasn't in the NSFL. For a lot of athletes, becoming a pro just isn't in them. Some of them have to do other other things. There is actually something that I had planned on doing before I become a professional football star. I wanted to become the best table tennis player on Earth. I always watched the videos of people going super quick and I always wanted to do that. I practiced days at a time when I was younger. I actually got really good at it. I went to the national finals for kids and I ended up getting hurt. I tore a pectoral muscle and was forced to back out of the tournament. That sucked but after that is when I got into football. Who knows maybe one day I'll pick up the paddle again. I have also always wanted to be a professional wrestler. I mean tons of ex football player are now. So why not add another one? I think I'd look pretty damn good dropping an elbow on someone in the ring. I've even thought about ufc but I would have to actually train for that one.

Words:204

(S7) - PT 3 - Other Sports - manicmav36 - 04-21-2018

Football has always been the love of Owen Taylor’s life. For as long as he can remember, he’s been playing some form of football, be it touch, flag (have to avoid that CTE!), or tackle. But, there was once a time in his life where football took a back seat, and almost became nothing but a fond memory. It was a warm, sunny, June afternoon and Taylor was visiting his uncle’s farm in south eastern Wyoming, just outside of Cheyenne. The cute neighbor girl came over to show Taylor the new trick she had taught her horse, to walk sideways. Sounds exciting, right? Didn’t matter, Taylor would pretend to be impressed by anything this girl did to get her attention. Day after day, he would go visit her and work with the horses, and soon, he too began to fall in love with the horses, and the majestic sport known as dressage. Often referred to as “the highest expression of horse training”, it soon began to take over his life. At that time, nothing was more exciting to Taylor than teaching a horse to do something many thought was impossible. Was it the coolest thing to do? Nope, and therein lies the problem. Unfortunately, despite his love for the sport, he eventually succumbed to peer pressure and dropped it all together. Not a day goes by when Taylor doesn’t think about what could have been.

(S7) - PT 3 - Other Sports - speculadora - 04-21-2018

[Image: 6ijrfvI.jpg]

(S7) - PT 3 - Other Sports - timeconsumer - 04-21-2018

Angus Winchester has always been a good athlete his whole life. He played football in high school of course, like almost every other simulation football star. But he also was a big star on the high school wrestling team and the powerlifting team. Competing at the highest weight class he was a force to be reckoned with in the Eastern Tennessee competitions. He still holds the Tennessee state record for high school powerlifting to this day. But if Angus wasn't a star football player he wouldn't be an olympic wrestler or a powerlifter or even a professional strongman, that was never Angus' true passion. They were means to an end.

Angus' true passion in sports lies in the underground world of bear wrestling. Often thought to be only fiction and myth many laugh at the idea of wrestling bears. But if you know the right people and are willing to travel, the sport of bear wrestling exists for the strongest and bravest of men. During the offseasons Angus usually travels deep into Siberia where he participates in the ancient Russian practice and wrestles with 300lb black bears as drunken Russian soldiers place their bets on who will pin who.

Angus Winchester has never been defeated.

(S7) - PT 3 - Other Sports - CDub2 - 04-21-2018

Cameron Taylor actually grew p playing hockey. Being from Canada, it was pretty understandable. Everyone knows how to skate, whether it be casually for some pond hockey, or competitively. All through junior high, Cameron was playing hockey. Only when he hit high school and started to fill out his frame did the football coach approach him. At first, it was a way to stay fit during the off season. It was also a pretty similar game. The physicality was great. So he then he started to like football, but hockey was still his sport. When college came around, Cameron got a really nice scholarship offer to play hockey, but he got an even better offer to play football at the University of Michigan. One he couldn't pass up. So even to this day, Cameron will return to Michigan and play some pick up puck with some ex-hockey guys at the University. During the off season, Taylor will mix in a couple skate sessions a week. But as of right now, football is his path. But had the hockey scholarship been a little better, Cameron Taylor could have been the next SHL star instead of a NSFL standout. Maybe after retirement, a return to hockey is in order.

207 Words