International Simulation Football League
(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars (/showthread.php?tid=8860)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - Beaver - 05-27-2018

Without a doubt the player I'm most excited for is Zapp Brannigan because you see he is now the Tijuana Luchadores' tight end and you know what means don't you oh yes that means he's following in the footsteps of Connor Tanner the notorious NSFL criminal who notoriously forced, coerced, bamboozled, blackmailed, and otherwise cajoled ~TOTALLY ACTIVE AND CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS OF THE LEAGUE~ into retiring against their will which is totally fucked up so it'll be interesting to see if Zapp Brannigan will follow in those footsteps and perhaps lead a mass retirement on a different team like the Orange County Otters or Arizona Outlaws or San Jose Sabrecats or Philadelphia Liberty or Yellowknife Liberty or Baltimore Hawks or Colorado Yeti or maybe he'll blaze his own trail and not do that which is the outcome we're hoping for because mass retirements are like really bad and stuff because lots of people retire and that's not good my mommy said so.

Code:
161 words

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - run_CMC - 05-27-2018

There are a lot of wide receivers this draft, huh? Weird. But who cares about them when you have such a host of amazing runningbacks! Because I'm a Marshals manager alum (I was actually a Tijuana Luchadore as a player) I'll be talking about the Marshals new, exciting young runningback Marquise Brown. Brown is a speed back who has quickly been developing his skills. With the San Jose Sabercats not sending down recent Season 8 NSFL draftee D.J. Riddick (also a runningback), Brown is expected to become an instant feature back who will take the vast majority of the workload. Not long ago, he shared his sad but inspiring backstory that led him to where he is today. He's shown perseverance in the face of hardship throughout his life, and I don't expect that to change. If I were the 5 non Marshals teams in the DSFL, I'd be worried. I fully expect Brown's work ethic, toughness, and raw talent to carry over into sub-professional football.

(166 words)

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - Bzerkap - 05-27-2018

The big star I’m looking forward to watching is Vinny Valentine. I think he’ll be the cream of the crop in this overloaded WR class. He already comes with a strong pedigree as his distant relative, Vincent Valentine was a huge star in his time in the NSFL.

Vincent was a top safety in this league, and there are reports he is now Vinny’s personal coach and mentor. He’s teaching him everything he knew about NSFL secondary coverage assignments and the veteran tricks they might play on Vinny. This wealth of knowledge early in his career will be a boon to Vinny.

And, if rumors are to be trusted, Vinny Valentine brings that same level of work ethic that Vincent did and it’s going to show early on. I really expect a lot out of this kid and with him being drafted to an already strong KCC team, I think that expectation will be met.

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - TheMemeMaestro - 05-28-2018

A prospect that I am very excited to see in the DSFL this season is the Safety Alexander Thibault of the The_King Agency. The_King represented former Yeti TE and FB Sebastian Joyce, and now believes that he has found a winner with Thibault. Thibault has shown tremendous work ethic, far surpassing Joyce's and because of that work has drawn some interest with teams. The Portland Pythons decided that he was worthy of their 2nd round selection and went 8th overall. While some view another safety prospect higher, Buckey Barnes of the Moosecop Agency, I believe that both will be successful, but Thibault will have the superior career. Thibault has mentioned that The_King's previous client's experience with the Yeti has pushed him towards wanting to join that team, but only time can tell where he will land. Wherever the road may take him, I am sure that he will become one hell of a player.

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - adam2552 - 05-29-2018

[Image: nWMvVqP.png]
@kckolbe

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - iamslm22 - 05-29-2018

Gus T.T. Showbiz is going to be an absolute star in the NSFL, not to mention the DSFL. The young pocket passer is someone who has already been linked to the Orange County Otters, and rumors have it that he is already working out with Mike Boss and the rest of the coaching staff in Orange County. His agent has a very close connection with the management staff in Orange County and Gus T.T. Showbiz is clearly a guy who is going to be great. I'm confident that when he comes to league if Carlito Crush is still in Orange County Gus T.T. Showbiz can be a success almost right away. You look at somebody Gus T.T. Showbiz and the system they have in Orange County and you can't help but think he has Pro Bowl level potential. I know I'm excited to see him in the NSFL. The question is, how long until he gets there. 157

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - keanex - 05-29-2018

As a two season DSFL player I played for two of the best GMs with the Portland Pythons who are fantastic at developing talent. There's no shock that we had an incredibly strong team two years in a row. Because of this I am going with Pythons running back Elijah Lagerfield.

Elijah Lagerfield was drafted in the first round. The dude is going to be a talented speed back, who already knows how to prioritize his TPE. He's pumping TPE into speed at a high rate and had a good off-season of TPE earning. If he can get his endurance up a bit with that speed he's going to be unstoppable in the DSFL.

Now I understand that the Pythons are a different team than when I was on it. There's a new co-GM, and a lot of players from the season 7 championship season are gone. That much is true. But McCoy is still going to be on the team, as are some people coming back, and the current GMs are going to receive lots of tips and help from previous GMs because once a Python, always a Python.

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - Vulgar - 05-29-2018

The man, the myth, the legend. Bucky Barnes. You can't not be excited about this guy going into his first full year in the DSFL. An absolute savage in the run stopping game, he is sure to make the Marshals look slightly less shitty then they are. I mean, the guy's muscles are insane, built like a shit brick house, and his visor definitely makes me moist in the danger zone if you catch my drift. No surprise really that he ended up back in San Antonio, obviously a great locker room teammate and a fast learner. I can't wait to see what else is up Bucky's sleeve this season. Pick six? Blocked Kicks? Hitting a QB so hard that he defecates in front of a crowd of drunk people that are only there because they couldn't afford NSFL tickets? Maybe. But one thing is for sure, and that one thing is Bucky Barnes is definitely a player in the DSFL.

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - Blastmeaway - 05-29-2018

After the Lucha GM drafted Running Back Ricky Adams, I am most excited to see what kind of damage he can do in the backfield, and hopefully in the secondary, when we get deep into the season. Coming off his last season at Florida State University, star running back left a lasting appeal on the city of Tallahassee for the foreseeable future. Having already put on the pads and running some drills and scrimmages during training camp with Adams, I can tell you this kid has some speed and a heavy set of shoulders. He has gone shoulder to shoulder with some of our biggest D-linemen and completely bowled them over. Adams loves to run it right up the gut and is not afraid to take it to the defensive line and beyond into the secondary. As it goes, Adams is shaping up to be a strong player and should be a promising pick for the S9 NSFL Draft.

(S8) - Weekend PT 1 - Future Stars - Scootalicious - 05-29-2018

"No lie, I think the new RB my team got is definitely gonna be a future star. Elijah Lagerfield I believe. I definitely see him as a gem in his later years. I see him on the field 24/7, the first one in the film room if I don't show up, and the one who always build himself to be bigger, better, and stronger. He works hard day in and day out for his position and I can definitely see him being a monster in the DSFL as he was at Arizona State University. He's the type of dude to break records every time he steps on the field. He reminds me a lot of me and I really hope I'm there to see this dude ball out and got to a great team in the next NSFL draft. No matter what team he lands on. opponent or not, I know he'll tear up defenses left and right. Unless it's the one I'm on."

- James Brown, on future DSFL legends

(170 words)