International Simulation Football League
(S10) - PT 2 - Pregame Hype - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S10) - PT 2 - Pregame Hype (/showthread.php?tid=10268)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

(S10) - PT 2 - Pregame Hype - Evok - 09-06-2018

http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php...1270#pid2491270

(S10) - PT 2 - Pregame Hype - infinitempg - 09-06-2018

I personally don't like using music to pump myself up, but I do need it to keep focus. Absolute silence drives me crazy, so I tend to listen to a lot of movie and video game soundtracks to help fill that void while doing my pre-game kicks. Currently my Spotify soundtrack folder contains background music from all of the Star Wars movies, level music from various Sonic the Hedgehog games, and the soundtrack to Sid Meier's Civilization VI. Each of these do something a little different for me: Star Wars music give me that cinematic "epic" music that does get me excited for the upcoming game, Sonic the Hedgehog music is fast paced and exciting and keeps my energy level up, and the music from Civilization VI takes simple melodies and slowly builds on them, allowing me to not think a lot about the song as it gets more complicated. Ultimately, the lack of words is the key to all of this - words in music are distracting, and when your job requires absolute focus, any distractions can screw you up. This strategy isn't only useful for pre-game though, I've found it very useful when I was still in college working on homework or studying.

i do like hamilton too though

(S10) - PT 2 - Pregame Hype - mckee29 - 09-06-2018

For the longest time Antonio Summer has found his inspiration to go hard and play hard from the weirdest of places, and it is no different when it comes to music. Summer's favorite thing to listen to has been and always will be classical music, the like of Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven. The music gets Summer in the calm state that allows him to pick apart opposing defenses with general ease. Unlike most of his team mates who listen to pop or rock music, Summer can always be found with his headphones in jamming out to Sonata 13 by Beethoven or getting his socks knocked off by Symphony 22. The source of this love for Summer came from his childhood where his mother took piano classes and would constantly be playing in the house so Summer was able to pick up on all the songs and know them. Summer found love in some of the oldest of songs, and has played the flute, piano and guitar his entire life and has even tried to compose his own symphonies. Summer was once considered a prodigy back in Melfort, Saskatchewan, but has now given up his musical career in lieu of his love for football.

(S10) - PT 2 - Pregame Hype - White Cornerback - 09-06-2018

Written: Must include 200 words. Everyone has a set of songs that inspire them, whether it's something relaxing, something loud, or something that is just constant screaming, everyone has music they listen to before the game to get ready. Write about what your player listens to that gets him hyped up.

Lavelle is interested in a plethora of different music genres and all the songs in the below list obviously induce different vibes.

Hey Mamma - Kanye West

OMCCTW - Big Sean

Vice City - Xxxtentacion

ATCQ - Jazz/we've got

All Night Long - MGK

BITG - WTC/PHNX R

Sydney - Hopsin

Cudder - HumGod

Norf Norf - Vince Staples

Hey Mamma is obviously a classic, if you disagree then rinse your head son. I like alot of Big Sean's beats and his general production, the overlying theme is obviously very similar to Yeezy's HM.

Like the majority of late X's stuff, the style is alluring. From the beat to his easy ability to not force words out, but for them to actually sound natural.

Can't say anything but RIP Phife Dawg.

Love the majority of MGK's stuff, old and new. Varying from ANL to Let you Go to even his em diss, Rap Devil.

Not often do I like remixes, never mind remixes of WTC but something about this sticks with me.

Hopsin just too good to leave out.

Humgod could be on this list 50 times, not including the latest KSG releases. Anything from pursuit of happiness to dat new to erase me to anything on man on the moon, do it alone, mojo etc. Every one a banger and fight me if you disagree.

Staples is bae.

Missing additions include pretty much anything from Mapei, Linkin Park, Mobb Deep. They all bangers and don't you doubt. These are what let Lavelle get into the right frame of mind before games. 6ix9ine 4 life tho

(S10) - PT 2 - Pregame Hype - iseedoug - 09-06-2018

Ben Horne has a wide variety of music taste, everything from folk to rap to alternative, but getting hype for football is a completely different animal. Football is a violent and aggressive sport. Every play, no matter the strategy, is a burst of pure aggression and effort. For Linebackers, particularly a pass rusher, this aggression becomes vital. Yet, Linebackers also need to remain focused and calm to read an offense before the snap. If chaos start too early, you will be in the backfield with no one there. So, hype music should reflect this focused aggression. To that end, Ben listens to a distinct progression of music: calm focus to pure aggression.

(Genre - Alternative) - Deadcrush - Alt J - This sound is very chill, but has consistent tempo. Get focused.
(Genre - Alternative) - Breezeblocks - Alt J - Still very chill, but a little more upbeat. Keep focused, with some building hype
(Genre - Melodic Metal) - Banshee - letlive - Heavy song, remain focused, but angry
(Genre - Melodic Metal) - On Wings of Integrity - MyChildren MyBride - Even heavier of a song, but a consistent tempo again, remained focus with the aggression.
(Genre - Death Metal) - Entombment of a Machine - Job for a Cowboy - Absolutely chaotic song, build the aggression to the highest level. Because without the aggression, the job won’t get done.

Words: 212

(S10) - PT 2 - Pregame Hype - PigSnout - 09-06-2018

PBE Championship Week PT

(S10) - PT 2 - Pregame Hype - Titan127 - 09-07-2018

[Image: SLGpRMW.jpg]

(S10) - PT 2 - Pregame Hype - Tinkler - 09-07-2018

Ryan Cobalt is one of the top performing defensive players in the DSFL so far this season, amassing 27 tackles in 4 games as a strong safety for the San Antonio Marshals in his rookie season, something that many coaches, general managers, and scouts would never have expected him to do after he failed to show up to both the prospect game, and the draft combine. Cobalt's drive was put in question early on in the season, but it seems that he has defended it. The real question everyone wants to know though, is what type of music does Ryan like to listen too? The answer is simple, and is very basic. Like most athletes nowadays, Cobalt finds his drive from listening to trap music and mumble rap. The song "Paris" by Suicide Boyz is likely his favourite song to get hyped up with, and the Marshals locker room is always blasting tunes. Cobalt can often be found with team mate Donno Cansino in the locker room, jamming out before a game and cramming his body full of C4 (the legal steroid version of pre-workout). Through music and teamwork, Cobalt has quickly become one of the best defensive players in the league, and most certainly the best in his class.

(S10) - PT 2 - Pregame Hype - enigmatic - 09-07-2018

Adriana is rarely is charge of the boombox in the Luchadores' locker room, not necessarily because her taste in music is horrible but more because she enjoys epic pieces of music and insists on listening to them from beginning to end. Some of her favourites include Green Carnation's Light of Day, Day of Darkness, which is basically a 1 hour and 6 minutes song or any Ayreon album that has to be listened to fully to enjoy the story. Her favourite band is Rhapsody, although she thinks it turned to poop after they changed their name to Rhapsody of Fire. She does enjoy annoying her teammates with their earlier releases and her failed attempts at imitating the vocals, though.

Her teammates got fooled two or three times but now they limit their trip to space or some fantasy land to once every other month when she's lucky.

So now because she has team spirit at heart, she listens to whatever her teammates choose instead of just listening to whatever she'd like on her headphones (this PT is brought to you by Beats). She has discovered a new passion for rap, hip hop and whatever crap the guys on the team decide to play on the radio. She doesn't understand half of the lyrics though, so it can get pretty ugly when she tries to sing along.

(S10) - PT 2 - Pregame Hype - Mongoose87 - 09-07-2018

Gimme dat welfare PT, plz