International Simulation Football League
PTs / TPE gains - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: Suggestion Box (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+----- Forum: Archived Suggestions (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=349)
+----- Thread: PTs / TPE gains (/showthread.php?tid=1129)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

PTs / TPE gains - Durden - 06-09-2017

Full disclosure: I read the first couple responses and saw "what would you propose" and I'm writing this without reading the REST of the discussion.

I think you need to decide WHAT you want your users to do on the site.

If you want them to write media, make media pay more. (When I did 500 words and realized I got only 250k, I was pissed). I'm willing to do media if it's WORTH it. But for 500 words, for 250k, when training for a WEEK is 1 mil, no thanks.

Do you want people to be able to consistently buy training? Increase media payout, or increase the salary cap and minimums.

Do you want people to have to push hard for everything they earn? Plan for people to leave.

Do you want people to do PTs/mocks/etc. ? Then reward points just for doing them.

Personally, I'd:
  • Increase media payout. I'd double the payouts at LEAST.
  • Give TPE for participation in PTs. It doesn't have to be anything crazy. 3 TPE for participating, +2 for each correct response... because it'd be a lot, CAP IT at like... 10 TPE total.
  • Change training. 500k for 3 TPE, 1mil for 5 TPE. Can only claim 1 a season.

I think you'd retain a lot more people. Let's be honest. We're all here to have fun, and most sim league users are lazy. We all want success, but it can't just be handed to us. We need to put in work and do things, but the way it is now, you have to do SO much to make a decent player.

Also, 1300 TPE to max out, earning 130 every 10 weeks? That's 10 seasons x 10 weeks (per season) that's TWO YEARS TO MAX OUT. Is that the goal?

Here's the crux of the problem:

Biggest way to gain TPE is to train.
Training costs 1 mil for 3 TPE.
1 mil 1300 words.

Who in their right mind is going to write 1300 words every week?

I'm an English Teacher in real life... and I love reading and writing. I'm not going to write 1300 words a week. And I'm sure as hell not going to read 1300 words PER ARTICLE a week.

Thanks for listening to a scrub. I appreciate it Big Grin

PTs / TPE gains - JBLAZE_THE_BOSS - 06-09-2017

SBA has 18 guys on right now and is in S25, its decently active surely not as much as before. I obviously can tolerate the current system as ive taken advantage of it here but I do like the TPE system. Just make a hybrid of both with your own touch on it. Or keep it exactly the same, ill be here no matter what just offering my experience and 2 cents.

PTs / TPE gains - Perkules - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 10:39 AM)Durden Wrote:Full disclosure: I read the first couple responses and saw "what would you propose" and I'm writing this without reading the REST of the discussion.

If you want them to write media, make media pay more. (When I did 500 words and realized I got only 250k, I was pissed). I'm willing to do media if it's WORTH it. But for 500 words, for 250k, when training for a WEEK is 1 mil, no thanks.

Do you want people to be able to consistently buy training? Increase media payout, or increase the salary cap and minimums.

Do you want people to have to push hard for everything they earn? Plan for people to leave.

Do you want people to do PTs/mocks/etc. ? Then reward points just for doing them.

Personally, I'd:
  • [/li]
  • Give TPE for participation in PTs. It doesn't have to be anything crazy. 3 TPE for participating, +2 for each correct response... because it'd be a lot, CAP IT at like... 10 TPE total.

I think you'd retain a lot more people. Let's be honest. We're all here to have fun, and most sim league users are lazy. We all want success, but it can't just be handed to us. We need to put in work and do things, but the way it is now, you have to do SO much to make a decent player.

Also, 1300 TPE to max out, earning 130 every 10 weeks?  That's 10 seasons x 10 weeks (per season) that's TWO YEARS TO MAX OUT. Is that the goal?

1 mil 1300 words.

I'm an English Teacher in real life... and I love reading and writing. I'm not going to write 1300 words a week. And I'm sure as hell not going to read 1300 words PER ARTICLE a week.

Agree with everything here.

PTs / TPE gains - TheWoZy - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 01:39 PM)Durden Wrote:Full disclosure: I read the first couple responses and saw "what would you propose" and I'm writing this without reading the REST of the discussion.

Personally, I'd:
  • [/li]

Also, 1300 TPE to max out, earning 130 every 10 weeks?  That's 10 seasons x 10 weeks (per season) that's TWO YEARS TO MAX OUT. Is that the goal?

1 mil 1300 words.

You're a scrub in GOMHL!

PTs / TPE gains - Admin - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 11:39 AM)Durden Wrote:Full disclosure: I read the first couple responses and saw "what would you propose" and I'm writing this without reading the REST of the discussion.

Personally, I'd:
  • [/li]

1 mil 1300 words.

Thank you Durden, I appreciate this. I'm going to PM you to discuss more.

PTs / TPE gains - Durden - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 01:41 PM)TheWoZy Wrote:You're a scrub in GOMHL!

I will end your life.

PTs / TPE gains - Perkules - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 10:38 AM)Kendrick Wrote:The average age of the VHL is a lot higher as well though, so they have jobs during the day. Comparing the two's numbers show how out to lunch one can be. It's also the longest running sim league and doesn't have shit storms every day like the SHL.

I was right about the whole "they will say nothings wrong", because thats the response I got from guys here who are "leaders". They didn't even want to listen to change discussion, they just got defensive.

My point is that money shouldn't be the sole way to succeed in this league, and it is.

Like I said I have no issues with the VHL. It wasn't the league for me so I went inactive, I make ZERO leadership decisions here. Just because I'm a GM I didn't have any infrastructure decisions, and for me to prefer the SHL way vs VHL is my opinion.

PTs / TPE gains - Kendrick - 06-09-2017

(06-09-2017, 11:45 AM)Perkules Wrote:Like I said I have no issues with the VHL.  It wasn't the league for me so I went inactive, I make ZERO leadership decisions here. Just because I'm a GM I didn't have any infrastructure decisions, and for me to prefer the SHL way vs VHL is my opinion.
Of course it is your opinion, I won't change it. Just saying you don't fully know the landscape of each league so you can't really comment with substance on both.

PTs / TPE gains - Noppadet - 06-09-2017

Man people are passionate about this stuff!

It's a ton of work doing an article, and if you're neither a good journalistic-esque writer/graphics guy it kind of leaves you in a tough spot. If one of those is totally your thing though you can make money much more quickly.

It would be cool to see an array of tasks available to hit at least the weekly training (money or TPE).

That's my $0.02. I'd eventually like to cap my player but as long as we're all on the same playing field, which we are for the most part, I don't feel like the when of that matters so much.

Also I feel like some need to give a little more respect to the dudes running this site. It's not like they're making money off of us as far as I can tell, so I don't see why the disagreements even if valid can't be presented a little better. Looking at this you can tell it's a fuck ton of work - way more than it takes to complain about writing an article or writing the article itself, which they still have to do to play as well; give em some props too.

PTs / TPE gains - Shaka - 06-09-2017

How about we make a different thread trend? That seems like it'd be a little more fun.