International Simulation Football League
(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends (/showthread.php?tid=23109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - HENDRIX 2.0 - 06-16-2020

The Yellowknife Wraiths should be situated well, at least according to the TPE tracker. They have a significant advantage in average effective TPE over everyone else. But as we see just about every season, the playoffs are an absolute crap shoot. There’s not much we can do to improve upon our 11-3 regular season last year with a dominant point differential. What I want this season above all else is ultimate playoff success. I know I have been saying this the past three seasons but this is the season for the Wraiths to finally get the job done. The players that have made up the core of the Wraiths for a long time such as Bigsby, Swift, and Snuggles are getting very old, so there’s a limited amount of time to get them the championship glory they deserve. This season, number 23, truly might be the last chance to win them an Ultimus before the roster is turned over to the next generation. Sticking on my side of the ball I think we could have several standouts and possible awards winners. The DL Kroustis and Alexander are in their prime, LB Virtanen could be the favorite for LB of the year, the elite Leonard at CB could add some more hardware, and young players in the secondary like Helzapoppin and Valdyr could garner breakout player or DROY recognition. (228 words)

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Tylus - 06-16-2020

The San Jose Sabercats had an extremely fun season to watch last year, with a near unstoppable offense at times and a defense holding their end down, San Jose shocked the league when most people expected then to be a lower tier team. Although barely missing the playoffs, the Sabercats showed that they can be lethal and competitive. This season saw a bit of a change up for a lot of the San Jose roster, especially on offense. With a new quarterback in Monty Jack, Action Jackson leaving the team, Tychondrius Hood, taking over the wide receiver two role, and Jamar Lackson being called up from the DSFL, the Sabercats offense has an almost entirely new identity. Although I expect a bit of a dip in production offensively, due to our youth, this offense should come together and peak as a whole, making us a force to be reckoned with in a few seasons. Our defense is seemingly very stout though, and with a win over New Orleans last night, we still have a chance to show how competitive we can be this season. My hope is to, while possibly having a less strong offense, still win a good number of our games and just improve as a whole. I expect our offense to live and die by Jamar Lackson, as our passing game is probably too young to be effective. If we can make the playoffs this season that would be a great victory for us, and a sign of things to come.

254 words

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Ace - 06-16-2020

SHL PT - https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php...1628#pid2851628

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Slothman07 - 06-16-2020

Thomas "The Tank" Engine will go Choo-Choo
[Image: cMgHab3.jpg]

And Joel Drake might lift a finger to hit people too
[Image: fXMETta.jpg]

Joseph Petrongolo will leap to the endzone
[Image: MH6GjRl.jpg]

While Videl-San will score a touchdown of her own
[Image: a5owtpd.jpg]

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Cincyfan96 - 06-16-2020

As a new draftee for the Tijuana Luchadores I couldn't be much more excited about the team I'm starting my career with. The defending DSFL champs lost a lot of firepower to the NSFL this offseason, as is expected from a team that put up 12 wins and a championship last season, but the remaining cast along with new draftees look to be a competitive bunch.

It starts at the top with the GM pair of Jay_Doctor and new GM Mithrandir. As a personal friend of Mithrandir, I know that he cannot help it but to be fiercely competitive in everything he does, so I'm sure that his pairing with Jay will not hinder this team in the slightest. The competitive fire from the top sets the tone for the rest of the team.

The returning cast is stellar - with DSFL stud QB Ben Slothlisberger and his 500+ TPE leading the way, along with a pair of returning 250+ max TPE receivers in Friedrich Vequain and Doug Howlett who should help this offense to light up the opposition with what figures to be a pass heavy offense. A fourth max TPE player, CB Bane Ka'ana'ana will anchor the secondary together with returning LB Nat Wright, who will be a steady force together with several new pieces on the defense.

Adding 1st round safety Maverick Bowie and 2nd round LB Adam Schell shores up this defense with a couple of pieces who should be maxing their TPE development as immediate impact players. On offense, starting rookie running back Crowbar Theeks III should also make an immediate impact together with Mike Boss Jr at QB2 who has HUGE shoes to fill as son of Mike Boss, the biggest QB legend in NSFL history.

There's a lot of noise around this team's locker room as they are excited to begin competing at a high level right away, and there's no reason to doubt that they will do just that. Watch out in particular for Ben Slothlisberger as he makes his campaign for DSFL MVP and Maverick Bowie and Adam Schell who should both be in the race for DROY. This team should be fun to watch, start to finish, as they shoot for back-to-back DSFL championships.

TIJ TIJ TIJ GO LUCHA! TIJ TIJ TIJ

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Jay_Doctor - 06-16-2020

The New Orleans Second Line is in a bit of a weird situation this season. In a lot of ways, we are still a top contender who has a real shot of competing for the Ultimus. We rank top 5 in total TPE, we the 2nd highest average per player. The offense is #3 while the defense is #5. The offense has not always felt like the strong point of the team, although it’s always been top half of the league. This season is strange in that we are a top offense with two of our most critical players in regression. Stan is deep into regress, but Gump is now in that realm as well. Brave Ulysses is also regressing. In order to offset these decreases, Torkiki, Rubbe, McCormick and Barker are all progressing really well. We also have Jimbo Jr. who switched to OL, helping bolster the big boys up front. Defensively, we are lower than we’ve been in the past. Losing big names like Slothface, Ironside, Faux and Taylor in the last season or two has been a quite a bit to overcome. David Rector is now the absolute leader of the defense, followed by Blaylock. Quenton Bode is still very much a part, though now entering regression has set him back some. The secondary looks to be built for the future, with Witten and Hexagon representing the future. On the Line, we are anchored by Rikiya and Steel. These two players are also the future of the defense. I think the expectations for this team would be playoffs at the least, with a deep run included.

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - 3lewsers - 06-16-2020

PBE Affiliate PT

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - retrospace111 - 06-16-2020

Last season, the Outlaws didn't do that well, finishing 5th in the conference. Despite losing two key players in our secondary, Oles in FA and Hughes retiring, the Outlaws are set up to make a run for the wild card in the ASFC this year. Cue will hopefully not fumble as much, and despite him being a terrible QB, he somehow plays pretty well. Maybe he is just lucky. The season started out with a tough loss against the Orange Country Otters, and that was a game we could have easily won. I had a pretty big impact in the game, with 6 tackles and 3 PDs. I was locking up Hugh Mongo, a trash WR. Our defense is set up very well, and next year, our S23 players will be called up and ready to contribute. This year however, we got some instant starters, like DB Jadakiss, a top tier safety who can contribute in many ways. Our running game isn't going to be that great this year, with only 1 RB on the roster, who is a receiving back anyways. Once Joseph Petrongolo gets called up next year, we will have a very good RBBC. Saba is our #1 WR this year, and he's one of the best WRs in the NSFL. Hopefully the combination of Cue + Yoda + Donut + Evans is enough to bring one of the top passing offenses in the NSFL to fruition.

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - LimJahey - 06-16-2020

The S22 season for the Butchers was a rough one. Winning only a single game against the expansion Hahalua team, we struggled for most of the first half of the year, and it eventually turned into a tank once we traded Rose Jenkins away and started Franky LaFleur. So going into this year, with some free agent additions in Tree Gelbman and Tyler Oles Jr, along with the addition of trade acquisitions in George O'Donnell and Mario Von Pebbles, we are ready to come back from a horrendous season. While we might not have all of the pieces yet, we are working at it with a relenting fury. Our secondary is developing into a young talented group of lockdown corners and ball hawking safeties, our front seven is ready to clog up all run lanes, and our offense is being revitalized with the addition of George O'Donnnell. The goal of our young team this year is to simply improve. We know that we are not there yet, and that we have more to improve on, but we are all committed to improving and becoming a force to be reckoned with. We might not get there overnight, but we all have the same goal of eventually making it to an Ultimus.

Code:
210 words

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Jason - 06-16-2020

SHL PT Affiliate

Username on SHL is jason97