International Simulation Football League
(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars (/showthread.php?tid=2734)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - Blaster - 07-30-2017

Blaster Blade, a name that has shown up on this list multiple times. The 2nd overall pick in this draft has already won a championship in his waiver season with the Arizona Outlaws. This time, he is on the other side, with the runner-ups of last season, the Colorado Yeti. He still has something to prove as many, did not believe he was a top 2 defensive end and he wants to be the best. "You know I'm glad I had the chance to play with a star like Jayce Tuck, but at the same time I gotta get my own spotlight and not be in his shadow."

Looking back to the pre-season, Blade was quiet his first game out. He was no where to be seen on the stat sheet. People thought oh, he might just be a bust. But he showed them in the last 3 games, and the Las Vegas Legion had it the hardest. He dropped 6 tackles, 3 TFL, and a sack to add to that total. A total beast performance. We will see if Blade can keep up this form in the regular season, and possibly lead the Yeti to another championship game. Maybe this time the Yeti, will be on the winning side.

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - timeconsumer - 07-30-2017

Season two of the NSFL has fans and analysts all throwing out predictions of who will win rookie of the year for this season. Most have been focusing on the big names, Blaster Blade, Bork Bjornsson, Dermot Lavelle, or Ardie Savea are all topping peoples lists for breakout stars. But the one to keep an eye on this season was picked up in round 5 by the Colorado Yeti. Yes, we're talking about Big Bot.

Big Bot will be starting this season at defensive end and the Yeti plan to use its inhuman strength and speed to cause headaches for opposing offensive linemen. When we say Big Bot has a "High Motor" we in fact mean it quite literally. Its motors are set very high up in its torso in order to deliver more torque when rushing around the edge. Its battery bank is seemingly limitless, allowing it to be an every down player on the line. And its programming is impeccable. It is rumored that Big Bot's code was originally designed by Army engineers to be used in the next generation of battlefield exoskeletons, but was stolen by North Korean hackers and sold to the highest bidder where it somehow ended up in Big Bot.

Big Bot is out there, it cant be bargained with, it cant be reasoned with, it doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear, and it absolutely will not stop...ever, until the quarterback is dead.

@loco

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - dave - 07-30-2017

When someone mentions a breakout star, they're usually talking about a wide receiver, if not, it's a good second guess to assume quarterback or running back. Those three positions typically dominate media attention, so it's no wonder that all the "breakout stars" are guys like Smallwood, Berc, and whoever else might be playing at one of those positions. So don't I have news for you when I'm letting you know now that THE breakout star of season two will be none other than Philadelphia Liberty Tight End Paul DiMirio. DiMirio stands at six foot five and two hundred and forty-four pounds, and he is already about as fast as any tight end can get. Not only does he have great speed for a tight end, his ability to catch the ball is better than that of some wide receivers! While some tight ends are built for blocking, DiMirio is a pure receiving threat. Expect him to be a reliable endzone threat for the Liberty this upcoming season, as well as a consistent target during third and long situations. It is close to a guarantee that Paul DiMirio will lead all other tight ends in not only receiving yards, but touchdowns as well. So this season when you think of a "breakout star" put those WRs and QBs out of your mind and think instead of one name, Paul DiMirio.

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - Bwestfield - 07-30-2017

In order to be a breakout star I feel you need to either be a rookie or a guy who has been sitting in someone else’s shadow. My candidate for this year’s breakout star is Alexandre LeClair. He is sitting behind Stormblessed right now on the wide receiver depth chart. Last year he sat behind Josh Garden. Garden is a man who can control the field and is always the first look on offense. Stormblessed is not that type of player. Although he is very talented I think LeClair will have more opportunities and more looks on the offense. This year on a new team in a new town he will have the chance to rebrand himself and bring himself out of the shadows. Instead of playing behind someone he is playing in tandem. Someone who supports his skill sets. This year with a good effort I can see him finishing top 10 in all wide receiver categories. A little effort can go a long way. I can’t wait to see this guy shine as long as it’s not when he plays the Otters. He may not be the number 1 wide receiver in the league but he will certainly be making his name known.

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - Den_Tex_Mix2 - 07-30-2017

Safety Gavin Graham- @Creyes971

The East Mississippi Community College has been know to produced some star players such as super bowl winning LeGarrette Blount. Now it seems that they have produced another star player in Safety Gavin Graham, a hard hitting center field player with a eye for picking off the football. Recently being picked up by the defending champs, The Arizona Outlaw, Graham looks to bolster an already strong defensive unit. Graham's addition to the defense will be his play making ability, being a very athletic safety, he looks to make plays with his speed and agility. While at EMCC it seem like every time he was on the field he was able to make the play. He even ran some wildcat for EMCC, scoring 5 rushing TDs on the year and ending the year with a TD pass. Concerns about his character have increased however due to him being kicked off the EMCC team, but when ask about his commitment to staying clean he respond with "Nah B, I can't be doing that shit no more, I got to get bank to keep dem hoes around. Without the money, I can't keep that ass, and without that ass, I'm nothing." Look for Graham to be a critical addition to the Outlaws attempt to defending their title this year!

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - Jbearly - 07-30-2017

Probably one of the most explosive athletes who looks like hell make a impact in this league is denzal diaz, now I'm not saying that just because I took him in fantasy (okay I kind of am) but he has probably one of the best stories of all rookies. I mean seriously, the dudes like five foot seven which is almost unheard of for a running back who has to shake off dudes almost twice his weight as he is also a very tiny dude weight wise. Despite this though he has a made an impact for the San Jose sabercats who were the absolute worst team in the league last year which is truly an accomplishment. The cats have been needing someone to carry them to victory, yes they have jack durden but in all honesty denzal diaz seems like a much better option to have in my opinion. He can easily rush for 800 yards in his limited role this season, he has basically every tool he needs to succeed. He will end up with probably one of the best rookie seasons as well as careers of all the rookie running back. The sabercats definitely got somebody good with this pick. He was slept on but he will make a huge impact for them this season

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - Zoone16 - 07-30-2017

Code:
210 words

I think the next big superstar is none other than Josh Bercovici of the Las Vegas Legion. After spending the first season in the shadow of Mike Boss on the Orange County Otters, Bercovici, who went to free agency, landed in Las Vegas with the assurance that he would be the team’s number one QB even before training camp got under way. Locked into a massive contract, the largest in the league by far, he will be pressured to perform week after week. To help him get results, the team brought in Wide Receivers None Stormblessed and Alexandre LeClair as well as Tight End Gabriel Tenzini. Running Backs Kyle Cobb, Jack Stats and A. Savea will give him plenty of options on the ground. Meanwhile on defense, the Legion is led by Tyler Varga and Mark Ramrio among others. With all these big names on either side of the field, the table is set for Bercovici to have multiple options to move the ball up the field and score points.
The only concern that could be foreseen is Bercovici’s love for partying and women, which are both plentiful in Las Vegas, the city of sin. There is however a solid amount of personel to ensure that this does not occur.

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - WinstonKodogo - 07-30-2017

Picking who will be the stand out rookie on the Philadelphia Liberty team is a tough ask, like any expansion team we are putting our trust in a lot of great rookies who will all go on to do a heck of a job in this league though one of them is already making their voice heard by becoming the Co - GM of the team in their first season.

This person is of course Fox North a fantastic wide receiver who will take this league by storm.

Many fans of the league have already noticed his extraordinary efforts in pre season and drafted him in their fantasy leagues knowing he will be the man to bring them points.

With a pair of the best hands in the leagues the Liberty quarterback duo know they have a sure reception if they throw it his way and with his speed he will probably sprint past the marking cornerback leaving him for dust.

Being part of one of the newest management pairings in the league, North has proven himself to have a great tactical knowledge in the way he helped to prepare for the draft and for all of the preseason games. His knowledge of the game rivals some of the veteran members of the league.

I look forward to see what he can do.

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - tlk742 - 07-30-2017

I feel like my 1:1 TD:Game ratio is good.

[Image: NBK8BLZ.png]

(S2) - Weekend PT #3 - Breakout stars - Perry87 - 07-30-2017

[Image: P2x8pkX.jpg]
@adam2552