International Simulation Football League
*DSFL HO Sux Lmap - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *DSFL HO Sux Lmap (/showthread.php?tid=28363)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: DSFL HO Sux Lmap - ScorpXCracker - 12-21-2020

do you guys remeber when mb missed the playoffs for 3 straight seaskns and still hasn't won a playoff game since they pulled shenanigans like this

RE: DSFL HO Sux Lmap - Memento Mori - 12-21-2020

(12-21-2020, 12:08 PM)slate Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 05:06 PM)Memento Mori Wrote: This rule clearly wasn’t written with the DSFL in mind. Plenty of DSFL players switch during their rookie DSFL season, before they are attached to an ISFL team, because Rule III D. 3 states that DSFL rookies can switch once for free. How could their GM post in the ISFL GM subforum when only ISFL GMs can see this subforum?

Bad argument. Rule III D. 3 states:

Quote:Rookies in their first season of the DSFL may choose to switch positions or archetypes free of charge. In order to use their free switch, they must do so prior to the final end of season update. This does not count as their one career position switch. Otherwise, they follow all applicable rules for the switch they are using.

Emphasis mine. The bolded sentence pretty clearly states to me that rule III D. 1's clauses about the GM posting in the ISFL GM forum, it costing $4M, etc. don't apply since the DSFL switch is a fundamentally different kind of position switch.

Rule III D. 1 could be written more clearly, and I do agree that it's unclear whether the GM should get in trouble for NOT posting a position switch, or if the player should get in trouble for posting an unapproved position switch. But first-year DSFL position switches are in no way a precedent for what WBF did / tried to do.

Relatively small rules quibbles aside, this is the second time in three seasons that WBF has come up in punishments / drama. His goal for Kitchens pretty clearly seems to be staying in the DSFL for the full four years. I think given how strongly attached many people get to their DSFL teams that may be a more and more common goal for players.

While I agree that the primary goal for the DSFL is and should always be developing players to eventually compete in the ISFL, I think there needs to be more effort from all parties (DSFL GMs, DSFL HO, the league in general) in understanding how DSFL lifers can fit into the DSFL and derive the enjoyment they want from it without crowding out new players who would benefit from the main goals of the DSFL but also not creating petty drama that no one wants and is really unimportant in the grand scheme of things.
That's a fair interpretation of it. I guess what it always comes back to for me is: when faced with an unclear/contentious rule, HO should probably try and be as meditative as possible instead and then look to correct the lack of clarity at the earliest opportunity. Instead they came down hard on one side - coming down harder than Austin even wanted them to - and made pretty ridiculous demands of the people they decided were on the wrong side of it. Made worse by the fact that the interests DSFL HO decided to push so hard were pro-ISFL team and anti-DSFL team and player, seems (to me) in complete opposition to what DSFL HO's purpose should be. They're supposedly here to stick up for DSFL players and they forced someone to change to a position they didn't want to play without even talking to them about it.

RE: DSFL HO Sux Lmap - Sermokala - 12-21-2020

WBF has been inactive for more then a year I don't really know what you guys are all arguing about.

RE: DSFL HO Sux Lmap - WannabeFinn - 12-21-2020

(12-21-2020, 02:40 PM)Sermokala Wrote: WBF has been inactive for more then a year I don't really know what you guys are all arguing about.
[Image: w8xv241.gif]

RE: DSFL HO Sux Lmap - White Cornerback - 12-21-2020

(12-21-2020, 06:43 PM)WannabeFinn Wrote:
(12-21-2020, 02:40 PM)Sermokala Wrote: WBF has been inactive for more then a year I don't really know what you guys are all arguing about.
[Image: w8xv241.gif]
[Image: cover2.jpg]

RE: DSFL HO Sux Lmap - 37thchamber - 12-22-2020

I don't know about you guys but it sounds to me like a player's union could be of some value in situations like this *sips tea*

RE: DSFL HO Sux Lmap - jdourtled - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 03:36 AM)37thchamber Wrote: I don't know about you guys but it sounds to me like a player's union could be of some value in situations like this *sips tea*

I've already read my one long ISFL post for the month

RE: *DSFL HO Sux Lmap - infinitempg - 12-22-2020

did you know that jupiter and saturn are really close in the sky right now? you should go look for it in the south west sky after sunset!

RE: *DSFL HO Sux Lmap - Hallmonitor_20 - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 11:09 AM)infinitempg Wrote: did you know that jupiter and saturn are really close in the sky right now? you should go look for it in the south west sky after sunset!

Pfft call me when saturn and earth are close together. Then I'll look at the sky.

RE: DSFL HO Sux Lmap - zaynzk - 12-22-2020

(12-22-2020, 03:36 AM)37thchamber Wrote: I don't know about you guys but it sounds to me like a player's union could be of some value in situations like this *sips tea*

can we unionize? Sounds like a good idea to get some power back to the users