International Simulation Football League
(S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll (/showthread.php?tid=48103)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - caleb.grim - 10-27-2023

As I am only in my second season, there is not a lot of league history that I have experienced. Even so, I have tried to pay attention to everything that is going on and even look back at some past events.

So, up to this point, my favorite event has been the S44 ISFL Draft including the mock drafts and everything leading up to it. I feel like the scouting process introduced me to various members of the community. I was able to have conversations with other users that I wouldn't of had otherwise. It was also crazy to assess the different strategies to drafting and team building that other teams had. At the time, I was still playing OL and depending on the team that was talking to me would vary when they were thinking of calling me up to the ISFL.

The experience was also fun when you find out that the defending champions trade up to pick you in the first round!

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - MMAJAKE710 - 10-27-2023

Although I am a rookie, and my time here has been short lived so far. I am great-full already to have made so many great friends and great memories. My times with Luke skywalker and the rest of our courageous team have been to die for this far. We go out after practice and play madden or pick up chicks from the bar, gloating of course that we’re football players. I remember when like convinced one girl he was the son of Tom Brady ! Ha! The guys really know how to have fun on and off the field. On the field though I been getting some catches every game since I started and thought I haven’t gotten that oh so seeet 6 points for a touchdown yet. I know it’s coming. I know the best memories I will have in this league are still yet to be. When the day comes that I walk out of this league, I want everyone to remember the name  Neil Bonnett!

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - Cycro - 10-27-2023

I joined the ISFL in the offseason leading into S40. I was brand new to sim leagues and despite being overwhelmed I was immediately enchanted by the draft process. Getting to see my player get drafted (watching on my phone while waiting in the Wal-Mart checkout with medicine for my sick kid) was exhilarating. Getting to join a locker room and feel the camaraderie during the season made me realize I wanted to stick around for the long term. Now I'm getting closer to my first year anniversary and I've already made a ton of memories and great friends. Getting to take over as GM in Dallas has been wonderful, and getting to bring on a relatively new user as my Co-GM and show them the ropes has been super fulfilling. Getting to see Cape Town take down the Ultimus, even though I hadn't been called up yet, was absolutely incredible and it's been a true delight getting to be part of the war room for a team that is determined to continue their success.

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - zaynzk - 10-27-2023

i have had a bunch of great memories during my time in the isfl but one of the times that was most exciting was my initial S25 draft, I had no idea where i would be drafted, and there were plenty teams i could have gone too however i was hoping to go in the higher half, but then i slid all the way to the 3rd, i was hoping Honolulu, Yeti or even OCO would take me but they all passed on me for different options who did not do as well. I slid to the Silverbacks, and it was incredibly exciting to be one of the big pieces of a expansion team, and i believe i did a great job at helping them. I think that it was something that that initial excitement of the first few seasons in new york were some super fun times in the league, and i think i was able to learn so much from players like timeconsumer and teyon who had been in the league a long time

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - Arkz - 10-27-2023

My first player was in the S25 draft class, so effectively I've been here since season 24, which feels like a lifetime ago. I checked my first post and it was July 20th, 2020. So that is over three years now that I have been in the league and to be honest it doesn't really feel like that. Sure, it feels like a while but not three years. In that time I've seen and done a lot, from league jobs like Updating and running the Awards teams and then also being part the General Management team for the Yellowknife Wraiths, going to championships and even winning a few. I'd say the most magical time of my time in the league was in those early seasons in Yellowknife and interacting with some of the other folks in S25. It was truly a wonderful class and with a number of folks who are still around and making important contributions to the league.

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - r0tzbua - 10-27-2023

There has been a lots of up and downs throughout my many seasons (and even years) in the ISFL so far. But one thing will always beat out every single thing or moment I have experienced in this league and that was to help the Dallas Birddogs to their first Ultimini together with Kyamprac while being her Co General Manager. We had an amazing team and War Room crew at the time and everyone worked together to get them their first one. It was a great story and felt amazing to share this moment with the team, the war room and especially Kyamprac. I still own a hoodie to this day with the Birddogs logo and both our names with the hashtag dreamteam and wear it proudly on many occasions. I have won a couple of things since then, had great games as a player and a GM, shared locker rooms with amazing people. But nothing will ever beat this Ultimini since it was the first one.

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - Shylo_Moxii - 10-27-2023

The best experience I’ve had with ISFL is just some of the people I’ve got to hang with in the DSFL. I’ve been here for maybe 3 weeks ish?? It’s been a fun time overall. I like being able to enjoy the games with the rest of the crew while also being able to be refresh with a new league. Also learning how to build my player has been a great just having some fun building a player and just a character I can be around the league with Micah Dixon. I also have liked being in the DSFL server just having fun with all of the rookies going around. I find it to be one of the best things to conversate around the league just to get loose and keep a positive energy in my irl life. Life gets tough but when I have these guys around me, it really just helps keep me in a good frame of mindset.

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - 18situaseans - 10-27-2023

I’ve been in the ISFL for 4 and a half season now, and it’s been a blast. From playing in the prospect bowl, to playing under the bright lights of the Ultimus in S43, I’ve seen it all. Some of the best memories were getting drafted into the DSFL and ISFL. The SeaWolves and Silverbacks locker rooms are a great place to be on gameday and just when you feel like chatting. But I’d say the best memory of mine was getting a TD on the biggest stage of them all, the Ultimus. We sadly fell short and lost, but I lead our team in receiving yards and notched a TD. I will never forget that game. Another thing I won’t ever forget, is when I ran backwards on the field trying to pull a Frank Dux. This was in a big spot in the playoffs, and I was clowned for it. We won the game so it doesn’t haunt me.

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - SimmiZ - 10-27-2023

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S44) PT #4 - Let the Good Times Roll - DangWookie - 10-27-2023

I would have to say that my favorite memory so far when it comes to Ace is being drafted to the Sarasota Sailfish. I was pretty unsure of where Ace would end up in the draft; he had a lot of interest from a lot of different teams but I had no idea where I would end up. Right before the draft took place, ABH reached out to be and talked about the game plan if they ended up drafting me and I have to say I was super intrigued. The opportunity to be RB1 early on in Ace's career was tantalizing and they quickly shot to the top of my board. When Ace was finally taken by the Sailfish, I was stoked! I'm actually from the area and was super glad to be on the home town team. Fast forward a few seasons later and Ace is part of a star-studded looking to make a push into the playoffs in S44!