International Simulation Football League
(S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke (/showthread.php?tid=50712)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - Lumosityfan - 04-19-2024

Does my old player count? Lol obviously I would switch with Jeff Newman, my first character, just to see what it would feel like to play on the offensive side of the ball. Plus him being much more experienced maybe some of those habits would rub off on me. I would probably do horribly considering I have minimal stats and you kind of need speed to succeed as a running back and a receiver. Newman would do awesome in my role since even though he’s old he’s at the point still where he has enough TPE in his attributes to do well in speed and tackling probably. I would probably focus on trying to squeeze through spots and use that defensive mindset when I try to tackle the quarterback to do the same to get past the defensive line and find holes in the defense. He would probably be able to use those same tools to get past the offensive line of the opponents and tackle the quarterback with ease.

Code:
170 words

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - ACynicalGamer - 04-19-2024

If I had to swap positions with someone I think I would choose Sconnie's player, Worsethan Blaze. 

I've always liked unique players in the NFL, and it seems that that has extended into the DSFL as well. Blaze is the only fullback in the entire DSFL, making him a truly unique player and a role I would love to have a go at.

My own player, Mac, is a fast and intelligent LB who excels in getting off blocks to make tackles amd get to the quarterback, and in reading the game in order to make a play. I feel like this would all make him an excellent FB as well. 
His knowledge of blocks and how to get past/off them would help him in the FB blocking role, as he would be able to anticipate counters coming his way before they were even implemented. Vision is a skill that all players on a field need, and he has shown an excellent ability to read the game, this will just now need to be used to avoid tacklers rather than make tackles.

(178 words)

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - JJ5 - 04-19-2024

I would swap with Roquefort Cotswald, fellow defensive player on my team. He's a CB from the S47 class, same as mine, but he's a bum at corner, so I would definitely outperform whatever he's doing. I'd love to swap with him for a few games and show him that I could do what he does better than how he does it. I don't think he could put up the stats I have put up this season. 5 sacks, some TFLs, 3 turnovers, and a lot of PDs. I've been all over the defense and I've put out a lot of numbers for a rookie. I'm excited to build upon it. I could definitely play corner though since I think I have more PDs than him as a LINEBACKER. I would love to see how he would play at linebacker while I played at cornerback. Especially considering this isn't even my native position. I'm a WR!

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - zaynzk - 04-19-2024

shl

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - Ephenssta - 04-19-2024

There is a long standing debate among football fans over the toughest positions on the field to play. Usually, they will say that the hardest overall is quarterback and the toughest for the defense is one of the DB positions. As someone who plays cornerback, I would really like a chance to prove that cornerback is tougher overall to play than quarterback. To accomplish this goal and prove my point, Preston Baetz and I will be trading places. I look forward to hitting all his favorite targets, hogmally, RAINN, etc. with even sexier spirals than the ones Baetz can master, especially since he'll have to take over for me at cornerback. I'm sure some of those very same targets he loves throwing the ball to so much will thoroughly enjoy getting an opportunity to break his ankles and leave him in the dust up the field. Ultimately, I think this will make for a really enjoyable experiment (for me) at his expense. I look forward to seeing our stats and getting to compare everything after the fact, as well as making a VHS tape of the film to show my grandkids.

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - Soviet Sexpot - 04-19-2024

if i could swap places in the leauge, i would swap with @Dewalt27 because this half baked cow tipping tractor pulling bum has plunged the berlin fire salamanders into extinction. under his leadership, the closest we have come to tasting the ultimus is by eating some of the leftover cake that molded from a previous contender when we played them on the road. for years, we have languished on the vine, consistently attempting but never reaching the beloved bowl. is it the terrible mascot that doesnt strike fear into the hearts of opponents? is it the lack of updated color schemes and branding to rev up the new players? is it the fact that he's named after lower quality power tools than Milwaukee? honestly its all of the above, and so id gladly make that swap. but the problem is, he would then be me and ruin all the good fortune i have done and accomplished as mo money, so on second thought, lets just leave things the way they are....

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - Gopher a beer - 04-19-2024

I’d swap with dewalt as I’m very new here still learning how to navigate this. What I can do though is build a strong roster and build towards the future whether that means win now or long term build through the draft. This would also make for a good opportunity for dewalt as he knows the ins and outs of the game. He’d know from both a players and a managers perspective. If he were to take control of bazooka Nuttingham I think we could see him shine his brightest with his knowledge of knowing what does and dosent work for a running back build. His 40 seasons of playing would lead bazooka to be the next Barry Sanders if not exceeding his stats. That’s the kind of player I’d look for as manager if we swapped, knowledge would be the key to victory for years to come with that foundation.

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - ZodiacEXE - 04-19-2024

SHL Affiliate PT

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - Tmoney6996 - 04-19-2024

This is a tough one to think about, because it would be pretty cool to swap roster places with a ton of different people on the league. If we needed to narrow it down to just one swap though, I think I would swap with lemonoppy over in AZ. I think we'd pretty much do the inverse of what happened this past season where he swapped off of WR to move to LB and I stayed at WR. Not only would could we continue the battle of Thomas's, but we'd be able to see what potentially could have happened if fortunes had changed and Lemon didn't up in AZ and I didn't end up in NOLA. 

We could both be GM as well, and I think it'd be a really interesting take and potential change on GMing styles given the current states of each team. Additionally, there's a ton of intrigue there, two guys with the same name, that we're the same position for most of their careers, both GMs of their ISFL teams, both former 1OA picks for their teams as well. Honestly, it's a documentary just waiting to happen, and I for one, would pay to have it made it and become realized. 

I don't honestly know how much would change in terms of player performance and team performance. Both teams would largely be in the same spots they are no, minus a few differences here and there, but nothing over the top that I would expect. All in all, it would be a pretty cool experiment, but I don't really see a way for it happen currently. Shout to Lemon for always being willing to go back and forth with me in the Battle of the Thomas'!

RE: (S47) PT #4 - Identity Theft Is Not A Joke - Mossed26 - 04-19-2024

This is a a very fun prompt, and I have a name in mind. Turn back to my TE roots and switch with the yap god himself, Tyler Higbee II. The obvious choice was a TE, and there is no one more interesting than Higbee. I love the DSFL and Portland specifically, so it would always be fun to go back. One problem I have is with Higbee's unmatched yapping ability. My greatest contribution to the ISFL has easily been the Portland yap channel, and I wonder if I would inherit Higbee's talent. If so, the choice is automatic as who wouldn't want to be an all time yapper and a gigachad TE? easily the best position in the football. And even if I didn't inherit his generational yapping abilities, I think it would still be worth it just to relive the past and become a Portland TE to relive the start of my career.