International Simulation Football League
The Asterisk Game - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: ISFL Thunderdome (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+---- Thread: The Asterisk Game (/showthread.php?tid=5937)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

The Asterisk Game - RedCydranth - 11-08-2017

Wow.

First, I'll do what I can to defend myself here. I hoped in discord on Monday briefly to see if Jiggly or anyone on the Blues needed anything from me. I trusted that he had done everything he was supposed to, to get us ready for the week. If he had said "Hey, could you double check the rosters." or basically anything, I'd have done it. I'm the type that will step up if asked to do so, but won't seize control and overstep my duties. Since I wasn't delegated the task of double checking Jiggly's work, I didn't think it was necessary. Perhaps that is on me. My fault for not knowing that was a duty of mine, I guess.

As for the matter on hand. I actually, in some way, share the sentiment with Jiggly. I don't care about wins and losses. I care about getting these new players to the league out there and playing as best as they can so they can make their names known for the NSFL, where it matters most. I'd love to win games, and it's fun when we do, but that's not my main goal in the DSFL. That's not to say I'm okay with fielding a crappy team either.

As for the game itself, I'd love if we won it. But we didn't. Best 2 out of 3 shows we lost. Precedent shows we lost. And as a sportsman, I think it's rather petty to expect us to get resimmed because of a fault we made as GMs. My understanding is that's not why we got resimmed anyhow, but due to an issue saving or something. But that doesn't mean the original game didn't happen. I dunno. I trust the HO here, and whatever their final call is, I stand by it. If that means we get the W, then I apologise to the Marshals and move on to the next game. If we get the L, I still apologise to the Marshals and move on to the next game.

Jiggly, if you want me out of the front office, that's your call. It's your team. I'm here to help you. Whomever you hire next, try to be more clear on what their duties are as your Co-GM, and learn to delegate. If you'd like to keep me on, we'll talk about defined roles moving forward so we can better manage this team.

The Asterisk Game - timeconsumer - 11-08-2017

(11-08-2017, 04:30 PM)Sweetwater Wrote:If you don't know, because of the (in my opinion, ridiculous) accusations of Er rigging the sim.

Myself and probably 99% of the rest of the league are all making these accusations as a joke btw.

The Asterisk Game - bovovovo - 11-08-2017

(11-08-2017, 05:16 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Myself and probably 99% of the rest of the league are all making these accusations as a joke btw.

Same lol but some people have apparently made them seriously so the HO had to do all this extra stuff

The Asterisk Game - Sweetwater - 11-08-2017

(11-08-2017, 05:16 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Myself and probably 99% of the rest of the league are all making these accusations as a joke btw.

I am more than aware, but the HO did actually receive some legitimate PMs about it, so we came up with a solution.

It actually ended up working out for me doing PBP commentary and getting to pick the most exciting games.

The Asterisk Game - ErMurazor - 11-08-2017

(11-08-2017, 03:16 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Myself and probably 99% of the rest of the league are all making these accusations as a joke btw.

1%ers keeping me down.

(11-08-2017, 03:24 PM)Sweetwater Wrote:I am more than aware, but the HO did actually receive some legitimate PMs about it, so we came up with a solution.

It actually ended up working out for me doing PBP commentary and getting to pick the most exciting games.

Keep in mind that Sweetwater and @Aenir 's scales for excitement are: Is John Canton in this game? Is Chris Orosz in this game? If yes, the game is exciting.

:rofl:

The Asterisk Game - Aenir - 11-08-2017

(11-08-2017, 04:42 PM)ErMurazor Wrote:1%ers keeping me down.

Keep in mind that Sweetwater and @Aenir 's scales for excitement are: Is John Canton in this game? Is Chris Orosz in this game? If yes, the game is exciting.

that is just not true..... I also check to see if its an Outlaws / Yeti game :stoked:

The Asterisk Game - ErMurazor - 11-08-2017

(11-08-2017, 03:07 PM)RedCydranth Wrote:Wow.

First, I'll do what I can to defend myself here. I hoped in discord on Monday briefly to see if Jiggly or anyone on the Blues needed anything from me. I trusted that he had done everything he was supposed to, to get us ready for the week. If he had said "Hey, could you double check the rosters." or basically anything, I'd have done it. I'm the type that will step up if asked to do so, but won't seize control and overstep my duties. Since I wasn't delegated the task of double checking Jiggly's work, I didn't think it was necessary. Perhaps that is on me. My fault for not knowing that was a duty of mine, I guess.

As for the matter on hand. I actually, in some way, share the sentiment with Jiggly. I don't care about wins and losses. I care about getting these new players to the league out there and playing as best as they can so they can make their names known for the NSFL, where it matters most. I'd love to win games, and it's fun when we do, but that's not my main goal in the DSFL. That's not to say I'm okay with fielding a crappy team either.

As for the game itself, I'd love if we won it. But we didn't. Best 2 out of 3 shows we lost. Precedent shows we lost. And as a sportsman, I think it's rather petty to expect us to get resimmed because of a fault we made as GMs. My understanding is that's not why we got resimmed anyhow, but due to an issue saving or something. But that doesn't mean the original game didn't happen. I dunno. I trust the HO here, and whatever their final call is, I stand by it. If that means we get the W, then I apologise to the Marshals and move on to the next game. If we get the L, I still apologise to the Marshals and move on to the next game.

Jiggly, if you want me out of the front office, that's your call. It's your team. I'm here to help you. Whomever you hire next, try to be more clear on what their duties are as your Co-GM, and learn to delegate. If you'd like to keep me on, we'll talk about defined roles moving forward so we can better manage this team.

[Image: giphy.gif]

The Asterisk Game - Sweetwater - 11-08-2017

(11-08-2017, 05:42 PM)ErMurazor Wrote:Keep in mind that Sweetwater and @Aenir 's scales for excitement are: Is John Canton in this game? Is Chris Orosz in this game? If yes, the game is exciting.

Wrong, I have to actually do something in the game. Or the outlaws have to lose.

The Asterisk Game - DeathOnReddit - 11-08-2017

Ill throw my 2 cents in on the discord thing. Its very hard to try and ready every @, msg and tag on discord. When ever I see the Red # I just go to the newest discord comment to get rid of it, its too difficult to read through 50+ comments on the outlaws discords and hundreds on the NSFL just to see its a joking post or something. Ask my teammates, Im the most active fucker on discord besides maybe Er and Adwyer. And even then I spend a lot of time just skipping comments. All Im saying is, dont use discord besides if youre actually pming them, to mean that they should always be able to read your comment.

The Asterisk Game - kckolbe - 11-08-2017

Disclaimer, gonna do that thing where I split this up into sections.

(11-08-2017, 01:30 PM)Sweetwater Wrote:First, while discord is a fast and effective way to communicate, it's kind of a double edged sword. I am in 12 different discord groups. I get tagged CONSTANTLY, and frequently the Admin or HO tag is used jokingly throughout the discord channels. But it means that I have trained myself to put off notifications until I have a chance to sit down and address all of them.

Completely valid, hadn't thought of that even though I've experienced it myself.

(11-08-2017, 01:30 PM)Sweetwater Wrote:there were no admin tags until 6:58 pst in the DSFL chat. Followed by a group HO chat that started at 7:00 Pst. Upon seeing it was more than just a sim bug we made sure we knew everything before issuing a ruling. I'd like to think that just over 15 minutes to go from knowing nothing to issuing a ruling isnt too terrible.

Yeah, sounds like the timeliness aspect was more on the simmers, which Er has owned up to.

(11-08-2017, 01:30 PM)Sweetwater Wrote:I'm going to assume the 'disappointed' was about my post? At no point did I say I was disappointed.

Negative. That was about Dermot's post, though that was much later on, so that's on me for saying it was right after.

(11-08-2017, 01:30 PM)Sweetwater Wrote:I saw tons of posts saying the HO doesn't care about the NSFL and that we never help out and we do nothing. So I BEGGED for you guys to contact us more reliably than just a tag in a long and fast moving chat. At the end of the day, the HO wants you guys to be happy and we need your input. I even said if you PM me on discord I promised I would get back to you as soon as I could. Then Ballerstorm hopped on to reiterate what he's said multiple times: The discord is not an official part of the forums. It is a bit unreasonable to ask us to read through every discord chatroom at all times. When you PM us on the forums you guarantee we see it.

That brings us to your asking about a rule from hawk. You PMd him, and only him, on a Friday, and he responded on a Monday. Here's where the speculation comes in. Hawk may have been busy or out of town and unable to get back to you. In any case you could have PMd any of the 4 other HO members either at the same time, or after not having heard for a longer amount of time than you expected.

I didn't PM Hawk. I tagged him in an announcement here. He may have been busy, but he wasn't too busy for seven other posts starting on the 4th, none of which were HO-related. Also, given that it was a PUBLIC post in a rules announcement that had been dormant a while, did not ONE member of the HO see a new post there and decide to check it out?

(11-08-2017, 01:30 PM)Sweetwater Wrote:Finally, on your question. It had already been figured out. From what I understand it was a misinterpretation on your part that had been addressed in the OL announcement. It didn't take 3 days to debate. Hawk posted on the 6th and got an almost immediate response from ballerstorm, which I'm assuming he relayed to you, though I can't be sure.

This paragraph is very confusing. If it had already been figured out, why did he have to ask Ballerstorm?

(11-08-2017, 01:30 PM)Sweetwater Wrote:I'll say one more thing just to blow everyone's nips off. If you don't know, because of the (in my opinion, ridiculous) accusations of Er rigging the sim. I watch EVERY NSFL sim before you see it.

So, every NSFL game gets watched by HO before it is streamed, but DSFL games are not watched before OR during streaming. And this wasn't a one night fluke. HO is NEVER present in these games (though attendance in general is improving). I think this is a big factor in the "HO doesn't care about DSFL" perception.