International Simulation Football League
(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S15) - PT4 - Gaming (/showthread.php?tid=13633)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - SouljaBoy2007 - 06-07-2019

I don't play a lot of video games unless it's the offseason. Mostly I play a lot of sports games or old COD games. I've won 2 national championships with Idaho on NCAA 31, so glad they brought it back. I'm in the top half of my friend group in terms of COD, but I can't really play online because the games don't have too many people on ever. Although I haven't tested my skill against my Outlaw teammates, I was undefeated against all the other Solar Bears in NBA 2K30 and I only lost twice in Smash. Gaming isn't really a part of my routine but I play when I have time in between practices for a couple hours a week. My favorite game to play after practices, although it sounds dumb, is Minecraft. Football puts me in attack mode and Minecraft is such a calm game that helps me get out of that mindset so I can relax and heal. I've never been made fun of for it however, as since it has been over 20 years since it's release, Minecraft has been looked back at fondly as a classic game that everyone loved and many still play it today. If I ever need to give my eyes a break from the screen, I'll play a game of chess to keep my mind sharp.

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - Daybe - 06-07-2019

Jaylen Storm is just in to sports games. He grew up on everyone's favorite, NCAA 14. Even though the game has still not been updated since then, he has enjoyed using the custom roster feature, and building a dynasty out of the New Mexico State University Aggies. However, Jaylen has always particularly liked the NBA 2K series. The whole concept of taking a team, being able to customize anything on the roster, from the coaches' tendencies to the playbooks to the player interests had just intrigued him, as he built a world that paralleled the real world, except with one big "what if"change being made to his world. A big one he has always gone back to is the Derrick Rose injur(ies). What if he hadn't torn his ACL? What if LeBron went to Chicago instead? Jaylen always had a craving for basketball, despite the local team New Jersey Nets not being a big part of his life as they moved. Some people may not know, but Jaylen starred in multiple sports throughout his time in college, but opted to dedicate his athletic career to football and focus on getting good grades during the winter and spring. It was a great choice, as here he is today.

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - AdamS - 06-08-2019

What's up everybody? It's ya boy, Dick fresh out the gate and ready to remind everybody what the real Dick looks like. Ya wanna talk about video games and people are out here tlakin' all these shooters and sports games and all that. I ain't about to act like I don't get down on that shit either. But when it comes to my favorite there's only one name. Overcooked. I know, I know nobody saw that shit comin'. But that is my motherfuckin' jam, bro. First of all it's just fun. Any game should be fun and Overcooked never loses sight of that. It's over the top, it's silly, it's not takin' itself too seriously. But it's also hard as shit, yo. It takes concentration, it takes planning, it takes problem solving, it takes quick reflexes. And if ya play with a partner, ya gotta work together. Ya gotta communicate. I play this game 10, 15, sometimes 20 hours a week and shit when I'm traveling, or when I'm supervising these movers workin' on my house out in the wasteland. It's always a good time. Get the crew together, have some beers, do it up. Lov' this game, bro. Love it. It seems so shallow on the surface and then ya slowly peel away the layers and see what kind of depth it has. While never forgettin' what it's about. Fun.

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - gucci - 06-08-2019

While he may not have the time for video games like he did in the past, Brock Landers still takes the time out from his family and nonstop work towards the NSFL HoF in order to sit down and get a bit of PC gaming in. In the past Brock was an avid World of Warcraft player, logging in to raid, grind consumables, and occasionally mix it up in some PvP. Needless to day, he no longer has time for games like that. Way too time consuming to fit in with the constant demands of his adult life.

Recently, Brock has taken up the Football Manager series of games. While Football Manager games are also extremely time consuming, they lack the attention level of an online game like World of Warcraft while still allowing him to delve deep into the game. Brock likes to start “journeyman” careers with the end goal of getting back to his favorite club, Tottenham Hotspur, and fixing whatever mess the previous managers have left for him there.

In his most recent save, Brock began at FC Wacker Innsbruck in the Austrian Second Division. After winning promotion with his side, Brock had them midtable in the Austrian Premier Division mid-season when his head was turned by an offer to be the next manager of Borussia Monchengadbach in the German Bundesliga. After a strong finish to the season, he led them to a 3rd place finish and a spot in the Champions League. The next season he brought in some great signings and was able to take BMG to a Bundesliga championship and a Champions League Quarterfinals round. After this stellar season he was able to takeover for the fired Luis Enrique at Spurs and begin building his favored club into an absolute juggernaut on the back of South American and European regens with the addition of Tottenham’s very strong youth academy adding young English talent to the mix.

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - Raven - 06-08-2019

Quote:Written Option: We all know NSFL players have plenty of downtime when they aren’t lifting, practicing, watching film, and playing. The best way to wind down is a good video game. Talk about your players favorite game or games to unwind with, or who they play with.

Corvo Havran only really got into gaming once he moved to America. In the Czech Republic he spent most of his time playing around in the woods with his friends, but once he got to america it seemed that everyone was playing on consoles and pc's and what not.

The first game Havran fell in love with was Pokemon, which is a game Corvo still plays to this day to just unwind with. Corvo has fond memories to the old days when him and his friends would trade and battle pokemon all the time. During recess at school, after school and sometimes even during school if they could get away with it.

One day while reminising about those days he asked his team mates if any of them played? Tons did, but not many still had interest in it. However a few of them did and so started a new trend of once again training, catching, trading and battling with Corvo together with his team mates, after practise, team meetings and general team bonding events.

Corvo is very excited about the up coming pokemon games sword and shield, which look to be an absolute blast and he cant wait to dump countless hours into it.

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - ADwyer87 - 06-08-2019

Sunnycursed has two favorite games. The first of which is Counterstrike: Global Offensive. He is super competitive, and loves to play games at a high level, just like he does in the NSFL. While he has never gotten good enough to go to any major competitions, he has gotten to play with many of the best players in the Esports scene. This experience has also led to him learning some Russian, though most of it is curse words.

The second game he plays is Fortnite. Yeah, Fortnite gets a lot of flak, but its undeserved. Its a fun game, a better battle royale experience than any of the other ones out there. Plus, it made microtransactions a lot better! People all out here hating on it dont realize what theyre doing! Epic Games had a crazy system where they release a game for free and only charge for cosmetics! Then they have a system where they actually help out content creators, which is needed more and more in a world of demonetization. And then it gets hated on! What, do you want a world in the shape of EA or 2K, where you buy a full price game thats STILL pay to win? Even if you hate Fortnite or the community around it, the system they have in place could be a great step forward for the gaming community and you bastards should recognize that.

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - Rise of Smitty - 06-08-2019

Every night after practice or a game Vander Jones has to wind down with a good video game. He has his favorites and he sticks to the PS4 or Xbox. Although he did recently acquire a Nintendo Switch, he has no games for it, so its essentially useless until he acquires some games. Jones has a small selection of games that he sticks to and it usually starts with Rocket League on the Xbox. He has fought hard to reach highest point of platinum 3, division 4 but he fallen just short of becoming a diamond player. His favorite car is the dominus in which he uses a pink and blue pattern. The next game he will turn to is usually MLB The Show. He has a franchise he has been playing every game of since the game came out a few months ago and he currently just reached the All Star break. That is a lot of time dedicated to this franchise but he continues to play it. If he isn't feeling either of those games he will fire up NBA 2K and continue a franchise he started on that. He did a fantasy draft with that one and selected Anthony Davis second overall. Inside scoring is where Jones makes his living in 2K so having a dominate scoring big is essential. If all else fails Jones will turn to Apex Legends if he has friends playing. Battle royale games aren't exactly Jones' favorite, and he isn't very good at them, but if he has a friend or two playing with him then it makes the game more fun.

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - infinitempg - 06-08-2019

One of my favorite games of all time to play is Sid Meier's Civilization VI - it's an absolute time burner and is great both for strategy with friends and for killing time on the long plane rides to Yellowknife. Typically, I will tend to start off a Civ game as a warmongerer, exacting petty revenge on AIs or other players if they even dare call me a forward settler - my wrath has no bounds. But as the game pace slows down and advances into the Renaissance Era and later, I can use my conquered lands as extra science and production to chase the ultimate goal - a science victory. This used to be a lot easier until they expanded on it in the new DLC, but it's still the easiest way to win in my opinion.

Another great time-sink of a video game is the Switch's flagship game, Breath of the Wild. I think it is by far the best video game I have ever played, and it's immersion and incredible open world are awe-inspiring. The puzzles and shrines are also great for thinking outside the box and really forcing you to use your brain in new ways. While the story (and final boss fight) are a little underwhelming, they are only small drawbacks in what is ultimately an amazing game.

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - AW13 - 06-08-2019

pbe

(S15) - PT4 - Gaming - ven_knight - 06-08-2019

Now that Lucas Knight is busy with his NSFL career, he has it a bit hard to find some time for playing video games. His favorite genres go from fighting games to RPGs. He recently purchased a Switch and with it he can at least play some Smash or Mario Kart an hour or two during the week against his high school friends who live in Mexico and that he doesn't see often. There have been times when he wonders if any of his Outlaws teammates like to play Smash, so he's thinking of asking them about it and invite them to play sometime when they finish training.

Other fighting games that he used to play during college are Injustice and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, since he loves to play as his favorite comic book characters: Green Lantern and Magneto; not that he was any good at it, but he had a great time playing online. Also during the offseason, he likes to replay one of his favorite sagas: Knights of the Old Republic; he enjoys the story very much because he’s a massive Star Wars fan. Obviously there's some love for sports games like Madden, although he hasn't liked them since the 08 edition.

207 words