International Simulation Football League
(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame (/showthread.php?tid=20174)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Skyline - 03-18-2020

From my point of view, there is one clear and obvious retired player who should undoubtedly become a member of this illustrious Hall of Fame is the legend, and one of my idols at the Running Back position, Marquise Brown. Marquise Brown has a very clear statistical argument, being first in all time rushing yards with 12,587 yards, third in all time rushing touchdowns with 104 trips to the end zone, and second all time in rushing attempts with 2,897 carries. Marquise Brown also holds single season records such as most rushing yards in a single season, tallying 1,902 yards in season 10. On top of this, he has a strong 2,056 receiving yards and 21 receiving touchdowns, securing his place as one of the top passing backs in league history as well. His legacy goes beyond just stats, with seven total pro bowl appearances (uninterrupted between season 10 and season 16), four Running Back of the Year awards in season 12, season 13, season 14, and season 15, an Offensive Player of the Year Award in season 13, and to top it off a Most Valuable Player award in season 13. It is obscene that Marquise Brown is not yet inducted, and this injustice should be rectified immediately.

209 Words

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - JuOSu - 03-18-2020

PBE PT

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Ry_ - 03-18-2020

PBE PT

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Highhaschdi - 03-18-2020

A person that isn´t really talked about, but deserves being inducted in the Hall of Fame in my opinion is former QB and one year CB Ryan Applehort. After playing for the University of Houston and the San Antonio Marshals in the DSFL, Applehort was picked in round 1 of the 2022 NSFL draft with pick #7 by the Colorado Yetis, where he played from 2022 till 2025. The year after he played for the Baltimore Hawks, before signing for the Yellowknife Wraiths, where Applehort retired in 2030. Although his first season for the Yetis was really bad with 4 TDs and 21 Interceptions and a completion percentage from 47.9 %, he quickly improved the following years and had some great seasons in the NSFL.
In the DSFL he became SFC and DSFL champion and made it to the pro bowl in 2021. In the NSFL he was selected for the pro bowl three times. One of this selections was as CB in his last season, the only season he played in that position. He set some records for the franchises of Colorado and Baltimore in his prime as QB. In his last season he also got in the NSFL record books as player with the most kickoff return yards in a game with 338 and the most pass deflections in a season (33).
Playing both positions on such a high level and having such an impact after switching surely deserves thinking about a future induction.

(246 words)

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Tigerfan895 - 03-18-2020

PBE Affiliate PT

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - qWest - 03-19-2020

(03-17-2020, 10:47 AM)nunccoepi Wrote:This is dope man

Thanks for putting all the stats in one place for me! Really glad you liked it.

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Troen - 03-19-2020

Prompt Wrote:Written Option: The Hall of Fame S19 Class has just been released, inducting five new legendary players into the Hall. In 200 words or more, make the case for a currently retired player to be inducted in a future class. Why do they deserve a slot over other contenders? Don’t be afraid to put some research into it if you are unfamiliar with older players.

Borkus Maximus III retired from the NSFL following the 2033 season and so is not yet eligible for the Hall of Fame. When he makes the ballot, though, I have to imagine his case will be one of the easiest for voters. As of 2035, Maximum III is first in career passing attempts and completions and second to HoF QB Mike Boss in passing yards and TDs. Less auspiciously, he's second to Boss in interceptions and also on the top 10 list of fumbles and fumbles lost among all players. But as with any counting stat, being a good player long enough to make the top ten list in interceptions or fumbles is a sign of being good long enough that you were starting and producing numbers. He mentioned in his retirement post winning the Ultimus twice. He made 5 pro bowls, 2 on the first team and 3 as the backup, noted by @JuOSu in an article as being tied for 3rd among QBs through S17. And @IsaStarcrossed recently wrote about the S9 NOLA team, saying
IsaStarcrossed Wrote:Without question or hesitation, almost everyone will unanimously say [the greatest team in New Orleans] was the team the franchise fielded in S9
which is a clear sign of Maximus' importance to the history of the NSFL. In a poll where people answered honestly I'd say Boss probably has the edge for best QB given better efficiency stats and similar volume stats, but I think that Maximum III indisputable should and will be in the Hall as soon as he is eligible. I haven't looked personally into the voting process for the Hall - that's a bit far out for me as a DSFL rookie - but I can't imagine any voter being able to justify voting no.

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - Nokazoa - 03-19-2020

PT PAss

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - juicychase - 03-19-2020

How can we talk about people getting left out of the hall of fame without mentioning one of the greatest of all time, Jayce Tuck, DE from the Arizona Outlaws. Tuck was a leader on, and off, the field. In 2018, he dominated the league, picking up 32 sacks which, to this day, is still the NSFL single season record for sacks. He is also 3rd on the single season sacks list with a 23 sack performance in 2017. Tuck was a 2 time NSFL Defensive Player of the Year and sits 4th all time on the career sacks list with 106. Tuck was also stout against the run and showed a rare combination of speed and strength to rack up a NSFL record 113 career tackles for loss. He also holds the single game record for tackles for loss with 7 in week 6, 2019. He helped anchor one of the greatest defenses of all time and led the Outlaws to 3 straight NSFL championships. Tuck was also a hall of fame person off the field. He was very active in the community and even has a scholarship in his name for inner-city kids who can’t afford to go to college. Tuck is a role model to all young players and especially defensive ends like the up and coming Simeon Works who looks to model his career after Tuck.

(230 words)

(S21) - PT2 - Hall of Fame - RussDrivesTheBus - 03-19-2020

Austin Roenick is a legendary linebacker, who I'm trying to model my player's career after. And what an example he set! He started in the DSFL as a Quarterback, then transitioned to Linebacker, which proved to be an incredible decision. The man was an absolute tackle machine. His 1,235 tackles puts him number one all time, and over 100 clear of the next best player. In his 12 seasons with the Baltimore Hawks, Roenick was selected to the Pro Bowl 9 times. As a Linebacker, that alone could almost warrant a place in the Hall! He also had an amazing knack for forcing the ball out of the offense's hands. He ranks second all time in forced fumbles with 16! So, not only was he a menace at bringing the ball carrier down, there was always a chance that the ball was coming out on the way down.

Being the selfless team player he was during his career (making the switch to a less glamorous position from Quarterback) he was rewarded with the highest team award there is in the NSFL, the Ultimus Trophy. Twice, no less! There is no doubt that his defensive efforts were paramount in the Hawks' successes. He made everyone around him better, and played with a motor like no other. The voters for the induction this year must take not of Austin Roenick's herculean efforts, and select him for this illustrious honor.

Words: 235