International Simulation Football League
(S23) - Ultimus Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S23) - Ultimus Week (/showthread.php?tid=23669)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

(S23) - Ultimus Week - katarn22 - 07-22-2020

Tier 2, Task 12

Despite having only been a part of the league for two days, I can say with confidence that I am in the right place. After having my curiosity piqued by the post on r/NFL, I decided to see what this whole ISFL thing was about. Though a bit overwhelming at first, I was able to get a preliminary grasp of how the league worked and I instantly wanted a part of it. Simply put, the resources available – both written and human – to new players is extremely comprehensive. While I am still learning new things each day, many of my questions had already been asked and answered somewhere on the forums. As I mentioned before, this initially was a bit intimidating to me. Now, however, I can appreciate the sheer amount of man (and woman) hours put into making the ISFL what it is currently.

Coming out of college and into the pros is as big of a transition as any. In addition to the pages that I have read, what has helped make the transition easier certainly are the people. For example, shortly after creating my prospect page, a scout from the London Royals reached out to me via Discord for a brief interview (Maglubiyet was said scout). I was both flattered and excited that a team was already showing potential interest in me. He was extremely friendly and accommodating, offering to answer any questions I may have about the ISFL, DSFL, or just in general. Shortly after our interview, he invited to join the London Royals’ Discord server. There, I met more people who, much like Maglubiyet, were friendly, helpful, and just as excited as I was for the upcoming draft and consequently season. Even the commissioner, Bex, dropped in from time to time to introduce herself and say hello. Despite not even having a team yet, I already feel at home in this league.

Regarding my start in the league, I think I am doing the best I can. As I told Maglubiyet, I want to give myself every advantage possible in achieving my goals. I had what I consider to be a successful and productive college career, and I was to replicate those results in the pros. Though the draft has yet to happen, I am getting more and more excited for it. Watching these playoffs has me itching to be out there myself making plays for whatever team chooses to draft me.

As I have echoed in my writing, this league is very robust and rookie-friendly already. I am sure these both have been suggested already, but I figure I should throw them out there anyway. My first suggestion is a rookie combine of sorts. Give rookies a chance to earn more TPE and show off to scouts. While the exact mechanics for this would obviously need to be hammered out, I believe that have mostly skill based, partially randomly generated ways of earning this TPE would make sense. If this idea gets more traction, I would love to discuss more about it. My second suggestion is the creation of a mobile/smartphone application for the ISFL. Again, I realize this is probably not a revolutionary idea and has been explored before. Putting the work required and technical limitations aside, a mobile app would greatly increase accessibility for new members, as well as help in optimizing already existing processes. These are just preliminary thoughts, but it would be encouraging to see the development of an application.

I very much look forward to what lies in store for Albert Ruschmann this year. Thank you for having me!

Code:
599 words

Tier 3, Task 19

DSFL Draft Prospect

Crayne Whebet – WR – Rutgers

Everyone loves a good underdog, and that seems to be Crayne Whebet’s career in a nutshell. Crayne only played 2 seasons of varsity football in high school as he was a bit undersized for the position. Not heavily recruited, Crayne only received scholarships from local FCS schools such as Monmouth and Princeton. He instead elected to walk-on at Rutgers, still at wide receiver.

Whebet made little impact in the way of statistics his first two seasons. He played mostly gunner on special teams and occasionally came into games when Rutgers’ lead or deficit was significant.

His junior season, however, was where he broke out and showed not just the coaching staff but all of college football how dependable of a player he was. After a series of injuries early in the season forced Whebet into the starting slot receiver role, he made the most of his opportunities. Using his great hands and high motor, Whebet finished the season with 68 receptions on 74 targets, 723 yards, and 5 touchdowns. 72% of his receptions went for first downs.

Whebet’s continued this trend his senior season. Leading the Rutgers offense in receptions, yards, and first downs, he pulled in 89 of 101 targets for 1,087 yards and 7 touchdowns. 69% of those catches went for first downs.

Crayne Whebet lacks big play ability; he is never the fastest guy on the field nor will he force multiple defenders to miss on a play. That being said, what he may lack in talent he makes up for in effort. Whebet is a high motor, high effort player who can be depended on to make the crucial catches and move the chains. Gives 110% effort on every play and has for his entire career. Has great character and intangibles on and off the field, great locker room presence.

Code:
311 words

Tier 3, Task 22

The Pro Bowl is something that, I feel, many of us wish was more exciting. Below are just a few ideas on how to accomplish exactly that and make it a more enjoyable viewing experience.

1) Partner Lasertag

The rules are simple. It is a game of lasertag with a few catches. The smallest player from each team (in terms of weight) rides on the back of the largest player. The largest player holds the laser gun, while the smallest player wears the target. I feel that this would make quite a spectacle to see as there would be quite a combination of size and speed from each team, as well as strategy implemented to protect one’s target.

In regard to top performers, I believe that the ISFL combination of CB David Rector and OL Givussafare Rubbe from the New Orleans Second Line could be dominant. Rector’s 100 agility makes him shifty and hard to get a lock on, while Rubbe’s sheer size and strength would give him an advantage of smaller, weaker opponents. Similarly in the DSFL, OL Small Edd and WR Taro Raimon of the Dallas Birddogs would form an ideal combination of size and speed.

2) Offensive Line Biathlon

For those who do not know, an Olympic biathlon combines two sports – cross-country skiing and shooting. Maybe I just like hog mollies doing things they do not normally do, but I imagine it would be a sight to see a 350-pound lineman skiing down a mountain with a gun on his back.

Taking a look at the offensive lineman in the ISFL, two immediate contenders jump out. Both Givussafare Rubbe and Laszlo Forty-Two are would make strong candidates due to their combination of high endurance, speed, and strength. Skiing is very strenuous to begin with, and you need to be fast if you want to score the best time. In the DSFL, Julio Jones of the Minnesota Grey Ducks would probably be the best at this insane event. With 90 strength and 70 endurance he can be in this event for the long haul.

Code:
346 words

(S23) - Ultimus Week - ajtigger - 07-22-2020

Tier 2 Task #12

I joined this league earlier this week due to the thread on r/NFL and I have been nothing but impressed since joining. This is my first experience with a sports sim (unless you count games like football manager) and so far, I feel that the process has been very smooth. The Rookie guides and videos provided by the site are fantastic and allowed me to successfully navigate player creation and my update page. I have just started to earn TPE for various tasks and could not be more excited to see how my player grows moving forward.

While I have not met many people yet in the league, I have had scouts from two separate teams reach out to get to know me a little better. Both had wildly different approaches to gathering information so it was interesting to see what these scouts may be trying to glean from the discussions. Additionally, I am very encouraged by the active Discord servers (both the rookie and leaguewide). While I have not yet chatted in them it is clear there is active participation that makes the league a vibrant community. I have been even more impressed with the speed at which questions are answered and posts are approved. This dedication to helping out new players shows me why this league has made it 23 seasons so far and why the ISFL will continue well into the future.

My recommendation for the league would be to include a link to the most recent season statistics within the rookie welcome message. While I was eventually able to find stats and records of the various teams, it was one of the first questions I had when joining. Knowing the most recent history allowed me to truly visualize my player’s future in the league. The level of stats given for this league is phenomenal and being able to see where I envision my player as the best fit would have been great to see during the initial process.

Going forward I am extremely excited to be entering into the DSFL draft in early August. I look forward to meeting my teammates and being part of a close-knit community within our locker-room. I would be lying if I said that I don’t want to get drafted as high as possible, but at the end of the day I just want to end up in the right situation with a great group of players. My goals are to immediately contribute to dedicate myself to whatever team selects me and do all I can to help build a winning culture.

Word Count per MS word 431

(S23) - Ultimus Week - retrospace111 - 07-22-2020

8)
The Arizona Outlaws are going to be the best team in the ISFL for the next few seasons. Depending on if/when expansion happens, expect the Outlaws to snag at least one Ultimus. Despite having the worst possible luck this year, they still managed to get the best point differential in the league. That's saying something. This team is full of young, up and coming players. There are two clear cut stars on the team, TPE wise, and they are both on offense. The star duo of Cue and Saba is what makes this team so special. Both of them are top tier players with ridiculous amounts of TPE. We have a top DL, with 2 DTs at around 700 TPE and then 2 more S22 players who are only going to get better. While all the other good teams are regressing and losing TPE, Arizona is just gaining TPE. We had no players regress last season, and we only have two regressing this season, Saba. We won't have more than 3 players regressing till like S26. That's huge. Having so many young max earners means this team is only going to get better. Unfortunately, due to how good this team is, it makes it a big target for, yes I'm going to say it, expansion. There are so many young and good players on Arizona that the expansion teams are most likely going to pick key parts of our team. Hopefully expansion comes in like s26, but unfortunately it will probably happen in s25. This leaves us one season before expansion to go all out and make an Ultimus push. I hope that we only lose like 2 players at max in expansion, but those 2 players can still make a big difference. Right now, we have a bunch of send downs. These guys are getting better and better and several of them will be called up next year. Since Baby Yoda is testing free agency, there's a big chance he won't return to the Outlaws. We still have two RB senddowns, and both of them are speed backs, so they may end up providing a better rushing offense than we could have ever had with Baby Yoda. He was capped at 90 speed, which meant our offense was really held back. The secondary looks really strong, and there are a lot of young people there. I think the Outlaws are going to be very well set up for success

11)
I think of course I have to talk about my punishment for this part. I think this is one of the bigger scandals that happened, and it involved the most notorious member of the S22 draft class, me. I would need to give some proper background about what happened before I dive into the aftermath and the effect it had. Basically, Action Jackson had made a post on the forums stating that he was going to leave SJS. Of course, I made a comment, which was mostly to belittle SJS and put 'Zona in the spotlight. The exact words, I believe, was "Arizona could use a WR, if you want to play for a team with a championship window". This was not really suggesting directly for him to come and play in Zona, but apparently HO thought it was tampering, and some prick ssed the message and sent it to them. Unfortunate. Dermot DMed me after he saw the msg and told me that was tampering and I should delete it, but I thought he was joking, cause I thought there was no way HO was small brain enough to actually punish me for a harmless comment. At that point, I was not even in Zona's war room. I was literally just trolling SJS, but HO was steadfast in their decision, which is arguable. I think there was some bias there, considering it was me, Zamir, who was on trial for tampering. Had it been a much nice, much kinder person, I really do think that message would have been OK. The appeals process was even worse than the punishment itself, and the logic that was given by a certain member of HO at the time (not saying names, but it was Adam) was literally so dumb. Isidore was on my side (bless his soul), and had said he was really fed up with the way HO treated the entire situation. He also mysteriously quit the league soon after, which I'm still very upset about. He was one of my closest friends in the league, and him and I talked a lot. I really liked him and I still miss him. Unfortunately, the punishment went through and I was fined 5 million and was banned for GMing for 2 seasons. 5 Million was a lot for me, because I didn't really have much money. I kept losing money to bets and stupid shit. Quite unfortunate. I think it really set a precedent for tampering and what is tampering. YKW twitter got punished for tampering for a similar joke, which is really dumb. I think the tampering rules need to be changed, but for now they are being consistent in their punishment of troll comments.

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Slothman07 - 07-22-2020

14) [Image: pC4QEBH.jpg]

18) [Image: jnQRoe5.jpg]

20) [Image: OJsQQGj.jpg]

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Oneski - 07-22-2020

Tier 2 Task #12
As a rookie to the ISFL and popping my cherry to simulation football leagues I can confidently say in my short time I've had a blast. Creating a player and his narrative, and that laughs that's brought with my friends who've also signed up at the same time, has already made this a worthwhile investment. The entire Birddogs discord has been really welcoming and helpful, and really given a great first impression of the whole community that's been built here. The league discord as well has been a good spot to grab some quick information and tips. Gucci in particular at the Birddogs has been very welcoming.
After getting to grips with navigating the forum and training in the TPE system I'm very excited to see where the career of Lionel Rumper ends up, special teams darling? Starter? All pro? Only time will tell. One thing is for sure though, he's gonna hump his rump and bring that thump. Looking to build up his physical attributes as well as his tackling abilities, hoping to ensure a safe tackler on the back end of whoever is lucky enough to draft him. At the very least he'll be a special teams stand out and knock some heads.
Lionel Rumper is currently still in the draft process, but given his glowing scouting report, and his hard old school play style I'm sure he'll be a contributer in team success early and often.
So far my experience in the league as you can probably guess has been really positive, loving all the media, the graphics, logos and the actual history of the league is in itself incredibly impressive. Sadly I don't have much in the way of graphics talent but I'd maybe give some writing in the media in the section a try in order to help build the community and give back to something that's already brought me many laughs with my friends that I've signed up with.
The most helpful person I've actually met so far is my friend who recommended the league to me, LancedJack. He's been a step or two ahead of me the entire process and learning from his experiences and mistakes has been invaluable. He's brought another two of us in as well so if you're reading this please feel free to give him the TPE he deserves.
And on the note of giving back here's a little scouting report on his player, linebacker Rusty Rucker.

Tier 3 Task #19 Scouting Report - Rusty Rucker
The inside scoop on Rusty Rucker is this, if you're looking for a modern day explosive athlete they call "The Maple Madman" behind closed doors, he is your man. Standing at 6'2" 235lbs, he's a new age linebacker with the speed and range to play off the ball, and impact the passing game. He can go coast to coast like butter on toast.
Deemed the finest defensive prospect to come out of Canada in recent memory, Rucker constantly fills the stat blocks with multiple tackles, passes defenced and turnovers. Whoever drafts him will be more than lucky to have his services.

(S23) - Ultimus Week - LancedJack - 07-22-2020

Tier 2 Task 12:

First and foremost Simulation Football feels like a familiar entity to me. The play by forum aspect, the creation, the discussion and the social circles it engenders are similar to D&D or role playing games and that's something that's incredibly difficult to replicate. The opportunity to sit with your friends and create a player or talk about the teams you wish to join, your goals and your thoughts about each others players is a welcome relief from a lot of what is going on at this time in the world. The ISFL is perfectly timed in that regard. I think the longest time it has taken me to convince a friend to play so far has been around five sentences. It speaks to something found in the typical role players that makes them want to play, want to engage. Add a football skin over the top and that's kerosene to a flame.

None of this would be possible without the helpers and the people running the league however and Cool Aunt Bex in the Discord channel was invaluable. I created my account, they approved it in the blink of an eye. I had questions and they had answers. When I made my player profile with all the skill and grace of a toddler falling down a flight of stairs @FleshBagSoup was on hand to advise and correct. Completely patient even though they must deal with this sort of thing constantly.

Designing the player and thinking about who you want them to be, what you envision for their career and how to assign that numerically has been incredibly satisfying. I'm unsure of how other people think of it, whether they design based on an existing player or themselves, but I've had great fun picking apart the career of a man who doesn't exist and never will. It's good enough that he'll exist in a series of 1's and 0's in some software somewhere though.

The only real suggestion I could provide (because everything so far has been pretty painless) would be a rough guide on how forums work. Whilst I'm fairly well versed in them having spent most of my formative years spouting drivel on them, I imagine for those who haven't encountered them before they must appear pretty intimidating. "Do I post a topic? Or a thread? Embedding? Wait who edited that? Who's an admin? Whats this scrolling banner? How do I find my posts?" and other questions might swirl before someone even thinks "I'd like to be Johnny Linebacker, QB from Michigan."

I haven't been drafted yet, I'm not even sure what that process will look like, but the idea of tuning into a YouTube Stream early August and seeing my guys name light up (hopefully) makes me feel exactly like it did when I got rid of a big bad in D&D; elated, excited and a little nervous.

Code:
481 Words

Tier 3 Task 19:

Welcome to another edition of the Krakens Grasp, the weekly podcast run by DSFL hopeful Rusty Rucker. This week we're taking a look at another DSFL hopeful Raylan Crowder. Sitting at 74 TPE you'd not be mistaken for thinking this guys going places. A 70 speed off the edge is frankly ferocious and an inflated intelligence of 50 would do wonders for the man if it wasn't for the fact that he's actually so dense that light bends around him. With a 70 strength will it be enough for him to bring down the top ball carriers of the league, especially with a mediocre 63 tackling. I imagine he probably has a back up camera when he needs to turn around and with tackling skill like that he'll be turning around fairly often. Those bitter anomalies aside a strong cannonball being shot out of a 219lb cannon is deadly in anyones book and all the pads and helmets in the world isn't going to keep you safe when he comes downhill at you. I can see a long and fruitful career ahead for Raylan, but lets hope he's got the TPE to throw up that Tackling stat. Get stats, get stacks and you don't get paid for thin air boss! That's all for another edition of the Krakens Grasp, stay tuned in for more draft profiles.

Tier 3 Task 22:

Necessity is the mother of invention and where is there more necessity than a game played in seconds and measured in inches. Everything is required, nothing is given. Al Pacino once said "we claw for that inch." But why claw when you can dig? Why use your hands when you can have a shovel? Why have a shovel when you could rent a digger? With that in mind I propose a new Pro Bowl competition. The Who's Line Is It improvisation task. Players will be asked to improvise situations and zany hi-jinks, such as "Dig Down for a Touchdown" and "The Big Dog Dance" or "You're flagged for slapping a refs butt, what do you do?!" Because nothing tells you about how a player will cope with stress and situations than throwing them into it at speed in front of a camera.

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Starboy - 07-22-2020

Tier 1, Task 1

The league and its members have been around even far before I was around to witness some of the crazy moments or games that forever changed the way that things would be for years to come. There is still plenty of time left for more history to be made and possibly a chance for myself to make more history. One moment that I was able to witness and take part in was something that ended up creating a “controversial” fine for one of the former DSFL GMs that possibly played a part in them leaving the job. Not a lot know about what truly went down and as more members join in the league, this moment ends up passing back further and further to just be old memories between those involved. The moment I am speaking of has earned my title of the Gay Meme Scandal of GM Chat or simply the GMS and brings about a few laughs between the GMs involved.

The story begins with an idea to fill the gap of not having enough representation for the S21 DSFL draft stream by all DSFL teams. It was a constant ask after the over 250 player draft, that a GM from each team was able to get in the stream to give a better review of each team and who they picked and why they picked them. The teams involved were all but Norfolk and any member of head office. The rest of the DSFL teams involved, that I am fully aware of, were Kansas City, London, Dallas, and Minnesota. There was some involvement from Portland but nothing after the first speed bump that comes later. The task seemed reasonable enough but never was met with proper confirmation by head office or anyone involved with the stream. So the GMs not involved with the official stream decided to work on creating a separate stream that other users could view on their own time. There were a few hiccups when getting the stream setup at first with trying to gather people from different parts of the world at one time to get a stream going but eventually, we managed to work out all of the kinks to begin. The first few rounds went by easily and everyone was in a great sync while pulling off jokes or bringing out hidden draft thoughts that usually are hidden in the very vented group on a draft stream. Almost all teams were represented by the group providing the commentary on the special draft stream which added to just how much insight was given.

However, after a few rounds, things quickly hit a bad speed bump as internet issues arose. A few people were not able to continue with the stream and the move to another stream host caused a restart on the planned stream into a far longer one as things jump back into the way that they were planned, mostly. With a few people still there, some alcohol had been flowing through the voices of the GMs and caused some of the less inebriated opinions to devolve slightly toward more quick comments or jokes just through the secondary stream. It represented more of a few people trying to build a LEGO set without any instructions but a vague idea about what the product is from the box, messy but eventually it got put together. All 250 and more players were discussed through a multiple hour stream that finally had decent GM representation by most of the teams in the DSFL. Then the next speed bump came up with the night that turned out to be the wall that would crush all hopes for a normal night. In the hasty switch to secondary stream, the ever-important record button had not been pressed at all during the multiple hour stream. By now it was around 2 AM EST and a lot of the GMs had taken a lot of hard drinks to get through the stream so the hopes of making another recorded stream were all but dead. This is where the night goes from a huge missed opportunity, into something that the entire league would be made aware of for a week and league money would be fined into the multi millions.

As the group abandoned the prospect of recording another draft stream, a few memes were getting shared of rising edginess and sexual nature and laughs were had by all of those involved. The memes were flowing, the laughs were rising, and everyone was having a great time. Then there was a major issue that came as one of the London GMs, DeadlyPlayer, involved began to call out members that were not sharing or awake at the time that were members of head office which quickly started to make things far worse than the original intent of drunk meme sharing. While I won’t say that I did not enjoy the night of memes, calling out members of head office or other GMs that were not involved in the night was when the night became too much to continue without major repercussions. They quickly came in the morning after all of the energy from the mistakes had faded and consequences came out. The highest fine from the night went to Deadly at a whopping $8 million for sharing hundreds of gay memes that had been cropped and given different captions to create a special meme. The fine led to a very active punishment thread with those that had not been involved with the event and were given misinformation or half truths about what had gone down inside of DSFL GM chat. Hopefully some people have learned more about the event in the past few seasons or maybe it has all been lost to time.

(S23) - Ultimus Week - crow19 - 07-22-2020

Tier 2: Short Form Tasks (400+ words)

7) Awards season is a big part of the offseason festivities. Take the stand, in 400 words or more, for one or more players that are not your own, and argue why they should receive awards glory. They can be your teammates or anyone in the league. How did their stats and on the field contribution contribute to their case this year?

As anyone who has paid any attention to the DSFL knows that the London Royal’s linebackers are incredible. Paired with rookie linebacker Busch Light is fellow rookie Juan Domine, and he deserves not only linebacker of the year, but also defensive rookie of the year, performance of the year, and MVP. Domine has been dominant game after game putting up all star performances, and he is a rookie! Let’s just get started with the stats. Domine leads the league in tackles with 166, not only at the linebacker position but in the ENTIRE DSFL. Domine makes his way to the ball week after week. Domine has the perfect combination of speed and strength that makes him a terror to the opposing defense. Domine is consistent, week after week racking up tackles. He is quick to the ball and there is nothing the offense can do to offset him. However, Domine dominates the league in more than just tackles. Domine has 3 tackles for loss, which is tied for third at the linebacker position. Domine plays the middle linebacker position which does not lend itself to blitzing and making tackles in the backfield. Regardless, he has made big plays in the backfield nonetheless. The fact that he is able to rack up tackles sideline to sideline shows how competitive he is. Speaking of big plays, he has two forced fumbles on the season. All season Domine was racking up tackles, but he also was responsible for a handful of turnovers which are invaluable for a team. Domine has racked up three sacks over the course of the regular season. It’s not a lot, but similar to the tackles for loss, he is not put into the position to make sacks so the fact that he has any speaks to the fact of how good he really is. Domine can make plays everywhere on the field. Along with all of his other stats, Domine has two interceptions and seven pass deflections. To recap, Domine is tackling players all over the field, terrorizing the backfield, causing turnovers, AND playing in coverage. How can you top that? Domine is not only playing as the rookie of the year, but he is playing as the defensive player of the year. Domine may even be the rare occasion of a defensive player winning MVP. He makes a difference each time he steps on the field. Aside from his consistency and great stats, he has also had superstar weeks. In week 2 against the Minnesota Grey Ducks, Domine had 14 tackles, 2 pass deflections, and 2 interceptions. That is an elite week. Domine dominates. Domine deserves all of the awards.

8) It’s always important to look forward to the future. Examine your team, and in 400 words or more, talk about how they can improve themselves to get a stab at trophy contention next year. Are you loaded with draft capital for the next draft? Do you have plenty of cap space to sign free agents? Go through the roster and note the different strengths and weaknesses, and how you think those will change over the next few seasons. How should your team adapt?

The Royals are firmly in the running for the Ultimini this year, but what does next year have in store for the stellar Royals? As a member of a standout rookie class for the Royals filled with superstars at the DSFL level, and in the future at the ISFL level, the Royals have the returning talent to expect success next year. But how does that play out? Well the Royals have turned out to be a LB factory, churning out elite linebackers year after year. This year is no different with Busch Light and Juan Domine terrorizing opposing offenses. That stellar linebacking core should be paired with an incredible defensive line including Cadaire, Andrews, Smith, and Sternum. Next year we can expect running against the Royals to be off the table. With these seven players in the box I cannot imagine even the most productive running backs to be successful. This is without drafting any studs at these positions, which the Royals GMs have been known to do. Taking a look at the secondary, we have Bob Bob, Hall, Sly, Crooks, and van Perkins. The outlook is hazy on which players are called up and who will stay a Royal another year. Assuming we have a few wholes to fill, the draft should keep the Royals defense dominant.
As for the offensive side of the ball, the Royals have to strong quarterbacks on the team with Colby Jack and Cortez. Even if one is moved into the ISFL, the Royals will still have a solid contender leading the charge on offense. The backfield has Danny King and Batista, both stud running backs, and in a less crowded backfield they both could have been serious all stars. That being said, they both still ran all over opposing defenses. One of the two biggest improvements I would like to see for the Royals would be on the offensive line. Bolstering the offensive line is difficult with ISFL call ups and a slim number of OL builds, but with a big Reddit class coming in maybe the Royals could build the perfect offense. Giving the young stud quarterbacks more time to throw and opening bigger holes for King and Batista could make the offense unstoppable. The second improvement the Royals should make is improving their receiving core. Do not hear what I am not saying, the wide receivers on the Royals are incredible. We have two speedsters with J’Vathon and Thorbjornsson, and we have our possession receiver Cash. But with the potential for call ups, filling holes at the receiver position in the draft would provide a cushion for an already stacked Royals team.
TL;DR The Royals are already stacked and will need to fill holes on the roster after the ISFL draft with rookies from the DSFL draft. I would love to see us bolster our offensive line, continue our reputation for a dominant defense, and provide the weapons for a high-powered air raid offense.

(S23) - Ultimus Week - PMoney - 07-22-2020

Tier 2 - 5 TPE
8)Its hard to improve on winning it all. Yellowknife finally overcame their final hurdle and won the Ultimus after a string of crushing defeats. However this was also the last dance for a lot of the veteran players. In addition to the head coach stepping down: Cooter Bigsby had already announced his retirement; Nate Swift was traded to San Jose to get a last shot at making 10,000 career yards; Kroustis, Jackson, and Forty-Two all announced their retirements; Bender Rodriquez left in Free Agency; and Johnny Snuggles has just about managed to find 1 more season. The dominant force in the NSFC doesn’t look quite so dominant. With such a change in the guard, it’s necessary for new players to step up and make an impact.

The first way we will improve is through our new rookie who have been sent down for the past couple of seasons. Although losing an excellent trio of receivers in Swift, Jackson and Rodriguez will hurt, Mike Lee, Susan Cash Jr and Kai Sakura are going to be hot on their heels as an already solid group. While Sakura and Cash Jr don’t have the experience on the big stage yet, they should quickly become some of the best receivers in the league. Throwing to them is another one of the rookies, Colby Jack. The agile cheese himself didn’t have his best season in the DSFL last season but has applied all he learned over the past several seasons to catapult himself forward to already looking like a good contender for Offensive Rookie of the Year. Quarterback is a vital position for any team and Jack has big shoes to fill in the outbound Bigsby, but his career earnings so far mean he should live up to the hype.

Drafting has been part of the key to the team’s success in recent seasons, even while perennially picking at around #11. This is evidenced by the fact that there isn’t a lot of cap room for free agents this season as they’ve hit on great players in so many of the previous drafts. However, this season at #12 is even more work to ensure they can find the right players to continue the winning ways of last seasons team. Season 24 may be a more challenging season than previous for Yellowknife, other teams in the NSFC are becoming strong contenders. The pressure on he defending champs is huge but the potential of this team in the next couple of seasons should get them right back to winning ways.

Tier 3 - 2.5 TPE

14) [Image: w2J5sV1.png]
18) [Image: OWwJDlz.png]

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Sylphreni - 07-22-2020

Tier 2:8

The London Royals entered this season with one of the most seasoned defensive units in the DSFL. Not to mention we boasted an impressive slew of capped players on offense at Quarterback, Running Back, and Wide Receiver. Sadly, going into the offseason, the team looks to lose most of these users to call ups. All that being said, the future is bright in London, but here’s where we look to improve in the offseason:

On the offensive side of the ball, we’ll be losing Colby Jack, but we drafted his replacement in the form of the fantastic Charlamagne Cortez this past draft. Cortez will look to slot right in at QB1 this coming season. Our two RBs, Danny King and Jacoby Batista could very well be rejoining us also… making up the presumed core of our offense. As for receiving options, we’ll be losing Sue Cash Jr. to Yellowknife, but Gunner Thorbjornsson looks to be a fantastic replacement for him in the coming season. We also hopefully will return our stud Tight End, Frank Mitchell. On the offensive line, we’re very hopeful to bring back Macaroni “Mac” Elephant for a second season. London is all for “fair rubs” and Mac is just getting started.

On defense, our outlook is much bleeker. It’s very likely that we’ll see 4 of our 5 defensive backs get called up this offseason in the form of: Greedy Sly, Lesean Paris Crooks, Bob Bob, and Mikel van Perkins. We hope to return Ed Ball for his final DSFL season, but barring that the London secondary will need a complete overhaul. On the linebacker front, potential Linebacker of the Year, Juan Domine could be back for a second season… and the same could be said for Busch Light. With luck we’ll retain both our at least one of the defensive studs. On the defensive line, things are looking promising. Harrison Andrews is a potential send down candidate, and will look to improve on his impressive rookie season. With luck we’ll also return Mr. Large Sternum and Mattress Cadaire as well. Both have been stellar for the team this season.

I would opf course be remiss if I did not mention the fantastic Datsum Phastbawls… Reigning KotY in the DSFL. Sadly, we expect him to be called up this offseason so we’ll have to look to replace his leg. A huge loss for us on both the kicking and punting side of things.

While some may see this and think London in a rough spot, I personally think we have huge potential, and a real chance to build on two playoff seasons!

Word Count: 435

Tier 2:12

My experience with the ISFL has been nothing short of fantastic thus far. Initially upon joining the league, I was incredibly overwhelmed. I couldn’t figure out how to effectively navigate the site, and there was so much going on I just didn’t know where to begin. That said, I had joined the ISFL discord servers, and before long Jay Doctor of the Tijuana Luchadores reached out to me asking it I had any questions. That small action by Jay made a huge difference to me… I did indeed have questions, and wasn’t really certain how to get answers. Shortly thereafter, I was added to Tijuana as a waiver claim and that’s when the league really opened up to me.

In Tijuana I met an incredible group of people: Mitrandir, Sloth, Amidships, Calvin Golladay, Al Gringo, Bagel, Tom Hanx, etc. So many wonderful people who answered all of my incredibly dumb questions about the league. Big Grin They also aided me in beginning to learn the league, weather it was the various teams, the history of the league, or the individual answers… they had answers for them all. As DSFL scouting began, I met more and more people in the league. iStegosaurz, Kyle, pMoney, Exilizer, etc. All wonderful people who showed an active interest in me as a user and a prospect.

The DSFL draft experience was CRAZY. I knew I had a chance to go early in the draft, but when bex called my name at first overall to London I was blown away. Not in a million years did I expect London to take me with the first pick. Upon arriving there, I met some more great people, the aforementioned Exilizer of course, but also my new GMs in Duke and Deadly, as well as High my future GMing partner. These guys showed me much more of the league, and empowered me to do more with it, by welcoming me into the War Room early on in the season. Midway through that season, ISFL scouting began, and I got to meet people from around the league. This was an incredible chance to meet guys and gals I had never spoken to before, and put a conversation to a face so to speak. Even though during that draft process I had a pretty good idea of where I would get drafted, it was still incredible to get to meet all these different people from around the league. It’s an experience I’m super thankful for and because of it I know soooo many more wonderful people in this great league!

Word Count: 428