International Simulation Football League
Roly/wonderful_art/Levels Multis - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: League Office (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Punishments (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=279)
+--- Thread: Roly/wonderful_art/Levels Multis (/showthread.php?tid=31482)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Roly/wonderful_art/Levels Multis - Swanty - 04-18-2021

Thank you abh for clearing that up

RE: Roly/wonderful_art/Levels Multis - mithrandir - 04-18-2021

(04-18-2021, 06:33 PM)abh89 Wrote:
(04-18-2021, 05:37 PM)Peterson Wrote: Alright let me learn you all something.... I work for an ISP, every single modem connected has the same default Connection IP to the CMTS...

This "IPv4 has 4,294,967,296 unique IP addresses of which 588,514,304 are officially reserved for various purposes. This leaves us with 3,706,452,992 possible unique public IP addresses, or a 1/3,706,452,992 chance of sharing the same public IP address with a random person. Knowing this, we can conclude that sharing 1 public IP address with a random person is extremely unlikely, but sharing 9 different IP addresses across multiple ISPs (Internet Service Providers) is simply not possible."

Is incorrect unless you have a business account with your ISP specifically paying for a static IP the chance that the IP is closely similar within 2 to 3 octives is normal. Therefore your arguement about close IPs is bullshit.

As the author of the portion of the punishment, your frustrations are with me, not Swanty.

You reference sharing 2-3 "octives" (assuming you meant octets here) being normal. That is correct if you use the same ISP as the ISPs own blocks of IP addresses that they use to assign to customers, statically or dynamically. I believe you misinterpreted something in the OP though as there was no mention of a "close" IP address. There were 9 separate identical IP addresses (meaning all 4 octets) shared between Roly and wonderful_art that spanned across multiple ISPs. There was 1 identical IP address (again, all 4 octets) shared between wonderful_art and Levels.

The section you referenced did lack detail, but it was written to be a brief explanation that could be understood by all users regardless of their technical expertise. As a network engineer of 10+ years, I am happy to discuss this further with you over PMs and share a bit more detail.
I know nothing about this but as a musician I just wanted to express my displeasure that an octet here only has four parts instead of eight.

RE: Roly/wonderful_art/Levels Multis - abh89 - 04-18-2021

(04-18-2021, 07:58 PM)mithrandir Wrote: I know nothing about this but as a musician I just wanted to express my displeasure that an octet here only has four parts instead of eight.

Then you will be pleased to know that it is called an octet because it is made up of 8 bits.

RE: Roly/wonderful_art/Levels Multis - Beaver - 04-18-2021

(04-18-2021, 05:37 PM)Peterson Wrote: Alright let me learn you all something.... I work for an ISP, every single modem connected has the same default Connection IP to the CMTS...

This "IPv4 has 4,294,967,296 unique IP addresses of which 588,514,304 are officially reserved for various purposes. This leaves us with 3,706,452,992 possible unique public IP addresses, or a 1/3,706,452,992 chance of sharing the same public IP address with a random person. Knowing this, we can conclude that sharing 1 public IP address with a random person is extremely unlikely, but sharing 9 different IP addresses across multiple ISPs (Internet Service Providers) is simply not possible."

Is incorrect unless you have a business account with your ISP specifically paying for a static IP the chance that the IP is closely similar within 2 to 3 octives is normal. Therefore your arguement about close IPs is bullshit.
Give it up folks, einstein over here has something to say. What's that buddy? Wha- A pedantic error?!? WHAT?!? B... Bu... That can't be possible! Surely not! A MINOR MISTAKE? ON **MY** SIM LEAGUE FORUM?!? What a great, absolute miracle that you and your 257 IQ Brain was here to correct it! Thank you! Have my grattitude, Actually, What's your cashapp? I'd like to give you 20$... Know what? While we're at it have the keys to my car. Actually, no, scratch that. Have the keys to my house, go watch my kids grow up and fuck my wife. Also, my Paypal username and password is: Ilikesmartazzes4 and 968386329. Go have fun. Thank you for your work.

RE: Roly/wonderful_art/Levels Multis - ReverendOReily - 04-18-2021

(04-18-2021, 07:58 PM)mithrandir Wrote: I know nothing about this but as a musician I just wanted to express my displeasure that an octet here only has four parts instead of eight.
Just wait until those pesky musicians find out when in the year October falls!
Also, not to make the low hanging fruit joke about musical octets, but two violas is arguably too many violas.

RE: Roly/wonderful_art/Levels Multis - Kyle - 04-18-2021

No way all of these words are real.

RE: Roly/wonderful_art/Levels Multis - Amidships - 04-18-2021

@abh89 v6 when

RE: Roly/wonderful_art/Levels Multis - BOOM™ - 04-18-2021

Is this the right place for tech assistance? My PC cup holder has broken again.

RE: Roly/wonderful_art/Levels Multis - katarn22 - 04-18-2021

(04-18-2021, 08:20 PM)BOOM™ Wrote: Is this the right place for tech assistance? My PC cup holder has broken again.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

RE: Roly/wonderful_art/Levels Multis - abh89 - 04-18-2021

(04-18-2021, 08:19 PM)Amidships Wrote: @abh89 v6 when

I am avoiding it as long as I possibly can.  Undecided