International Simulation Football League
(S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week (/showthread.php?tid=43943)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - SimmiZ - 03-02-2023

Two plays comes in my mind when we're talking about crazy play this season, and both happens in our victory against Baltimore in week 2.

First, in you haven't notice, you probably live under a rock, but Kaguya Shinomiya had a once in a lifetime performance in this game, 5 running TD from him, and a passing TD. A lot of his run could be a part of this topic, but I chosen his last TD. It was a 75 yards run, and it was beautiful to look from the side line, the path opened before him, and broke 2 tackles before running it home. We could not believe he had that much energy left after her 4 previous TD.

The second one was the pick 6 from Mcalister. He straigh up beat the WR by jumping higher than him to catch the ball. When he started to run it back, I was running ahead of him and succesfully pushed out of Mcalister way the TE, after that he beat the QB, and RB with pure speed, and finished in the endzone. A very good demonstration of his physical abilities.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - entreri - 03-02-2023

My favorite play in the past week was my biggest play of the Season (and my professional career): it was my 57 yard catch and run against the Kansas City Coyotes. It was third and three, so we needed a conversation. I was running a simple out route and there was no defender who could interfere. The nearest defender was tasked with man coverage on Florida Man (he absolutely deserves the best coverage the defense can afford), so I was essentially uncovered. Their Safety noticed this and took a sharp angle to try to stop me from making the catch and converting on third down. However, they missed. Our Quarterback delivered a perfect strike right to the hole left uncovered by the Safety, and it sailed right into my hands. After making the catch, I simply turned the burners on! Sadly I was not able to convert this beautiful opportunity into a touchdown as I was simply not fast enough to make it into the end zone, and I ended up being caught from behind.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - WrittinDirectino - 03-02-2023

*This is an excerpt from a post game interview, conducted in the locker room after Week 3 vs Tijuana

Reporter: First of all Brian, congratulations on getting your first career interception in the third quarter tonight.

Brian: Thanks.

R: Could give a quick break down on what happened on that play?

Brian: So what actually happened was Loose called out the play after we lined up...it was the same look we saw on film from a few weeks ago. So we had a general idea of what they were trying to do, and I lined up a bit closer. They had 2 receivers on my side, Brandon covers the outside receiver perfectly. And after that all I have to do is step up, read the receiver and boom. Time the jump and it's an interception.

R: What was going through your head at that moment?

Brian: Well, it's hard to describe exactly...but I was like damn, this is amazing. You can hear the crowd going crazy and it's like a sudden burst of energy. You know as a safety getting a pick is one of the most impactful ways you can contribute to the team, and uhm it's just a very special feeling.

R:Thanks for the interview.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - Ace - 03-02-2023

My favorite play was when Lord Farquaads left the field during the most recent London Royals game to head out to the local McDonalds. It’s been reported that he skipped breakfast, so he was extra hangry after a long, long run. First, he burst through the defenses of the doorway, easily evading both sides of the door frame. Then, he sprinted down the hallway to the locker room, and juked around a support beam in the room. Finally, he did a spin move through the door and leapt towards his vehicle. He deftly pushed the push-start button in his Tesla Model S, and put the car into drive, and drove it to McDonalds. He wasn’t done there – he used his communication skills to order three McDoubles and a Medium Sprite, and then weaved in and out of traffic to return to the stadium before the end of halftime. The Royals didn’t miss a step with him out grabbing his McDanks fix.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - slothfacekilla - 03-02-2023

PBE PT

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - CementHands - 03-02-2023

My favourite is always when the turtles come together. Earlier this season was just one of those situations. The fearsome Arizona D was out and lined up, we were tossing taunts and tasteful insults to throw the opposing QB off their game. You know, things such as "Your mother is a really good cook, I'd be fortunate enough to get the opportunity to experience her cooking in person again one day" See what I did? Left a little shred of doubt. Anyways, back to the play. The D was lined and the offence was showing pass from their well defended looking lineup, but that didn't matter, for we are the Arizona Defence! No one can stop us if we bring the heat.
Snap! The ball moved and I spring forward. Flattening the poor fat lineman who was chosen to be my victim today by their coach, spin move the fill in, swim over the Running Back who was the final line of defense, now just the QB. He sees me and takes off. Rats! My one weakness is someone who can walk at a semi fast pace.
SLAM!! QB Face is in the dirt, he got blindsided by none other than Leo! The poor bastard saw me and ran the other way, right into the oncoming freight train that is my brother.
After some ceremonial tea bagging, we did a super secret handshake followed by a bum pat, and back to the line to bring this hell again.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - Ephenssta - 03-02-2023

The Dallas Birddogs score to bring the game to within three points late in the third quarter. They seem to be surging to a possible comeback win. The Seawolves return the kickoff to the 31 yardline, where Rocky Franklin III lines up under center to take the snap. #13 Legs McMillion lines up to his right. Big McLarege Huge lines up to the left. Franklin takes the snap and the Birddogs send everyone on a blitz. Franklin rolls out of the pocket to his left, somehow getting valuable time to survey the field as the line, tight ends, and running back pick up the pressure. It's a simple play for the Seawolves. Both Legs and Big McLarge take off for the end zone while everyone else blocks. It works perfectly. Franklin heaves the ball down field. It seems to hang in the air forever....until Legs makes the catch just outside the numbers. No one is in his way and no one stands a chance of catching the speedster. He makes the catch near midfield and the closest defenders are 15+ yards away as he crosses the goal line. The Seawolves would score another 17 points unanswered to clinch the win and stay undefeated on the season.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - LiathTheSquirrel - 03-02-2023

Well there has been so many amazing games and from those games there were even more amazing moments from those games. Were to start which game from which week hmmm let us talk about the first week. We will start with Week one game two the Austin Copperheads versus the Arizona Outlaws the series of plays i will be talking about was the first really big play that resulted in points being scored. So the play starts off as a simple one with Queen Elizabeth the second throwing a pass to Johnny Patey now this is were the play started to go wrong with the play for the Austin Copperheads Johnny was tackled straight away and was unable to hold on to the ball resulting in a fumble for the Arizona Outlaws’ Amari Springer and a recovery for the Arizona Outlaws’ Ignatius Reilly and as we all know that is a turn over giving the Arizona Outlaws a chance at the forty five yard line. Now you would think this would be an easy Touchdown for the Arizona Outlaws but after three plays they would find themselves getting stuck a six yard rush would be done by Arizona Outlaws’ Rookie Sherwin Blue Jr. after that the Austin Copperheads’ defense took over having Tank McGibbons get a big sack and Raffaele Tommasi locking down his target to force a field goal. I love plays like this were Both Defenses show up and show out to put on some good Football!

249 Words

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - crash1005 - 03-03-2023

In week 3 in the DSFL my Buccaneers were taking on the Pythons about half way through the fourth quarter the Pythons tried to run the ball right at me and unfortunately for them they were sent packing, stuffed at the line of scrimmage. But the real play of the week for me was the next play, it was still second and ten and I could feel like they were still thinking about coming my way. I could see in the running backs eyes that he was gonna try and come around my end. The ball is hiked and instantly the tackle and guard are right on me and I can see the running back getting the ball. He runs straight for my side and right as he is about to run past me I push both lineman off of me and am able to tackle the running back right up the line for a second straight play of no gain.

RE: (S40) PT #2 - Play of the Week - Number 82 - 03-03-2023

Portland were up 31-27 against Minnesota with 1:22 left on the game clock. Minnesota had just converted a 4th and 1 with quarterback Penguin finding Badger wide open for a 30 yard completion to have the Grey Ducks at the Pythons’ 44 yard line. Portland needed stops but immediately gave up another first down after Penguin found Entreri for a 16 yard reception, putting the Grey Ducks at the Portland 28. Painted looked have Gibson II open on the nice route by the tight end who ended up dropping the pass as they looked to turn upfield. This would prove to be a costly error as the next play would see Pythons cornerback Lavondrius Dingle able to sack Penguin for a loss of 11 yards, putting Minnesota back to the Portland 39 yard line. Out of time outs, Penguin opted to spike the ball to set up a 4th and 21 with 59 seconds left on the game clock. Portland’s secondary had been susceptible to getting beat deep so the pressure was on. Game on the line, Penguin has some time in the pocket and manages to get a throw off to a streaking Badger, however the pass falls incomplete, resulting in a turnover on downs. Portland’s offense kneels with 38 seconds left, running down the clock and coming away with a 31-27 victory over Minnesota in Week 1. A nail biting finish, but one that shows that the young Portland defensive unit having the ability to close things out, something that they’ll need to do on a consistent basis if Portland are to make the playoffs. Was my favourite sequence of plays since it was a nice way to close out the season opener and grind out a win in what was a tightly contested game.

Code:
297 words