International Simulation Football League
(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight (/showthread.php?tid=4476)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - AsylumParty - 09-12-2017

Like a phoenix risen from the ashes, Franklin Harris Jr. is emerging from the shadow of his talented, albeit criminal, father. While his talent is obvious, and he works with what he has, he's landed in what may be the best possible position for him to display his strengths.

Arizona had by far the most dominant defense last season, but it's safe to say that that was due to their terrifying front seven led by Jayce Tuck. Now with Isaiah Rashad being sent down to the DSFL, Harris Jr has the opportunity to match up against wide receiver twos across from newly acquired star corner Phillipe Carter.

The speedy corner will be introduced to the league in just the right manner. With the help of a front seven that forces early throws, with a tremendous safety behind him in Ryan Flock, and against teams' second receivers, Harris Jr is sure to flourish as he develops into what I'm sure will be a lock down corner.

His biggest challenge, however, may present itself in the form of Bradley Westfield who the Outlaws will see week one of the preseason, multiple times throughout the year, and almost certainly in the playoffs yet again.

@Apache_Chief

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Kristy95 - 09-13-2017

The rookie I am most excited to see is on another team. Julian O'Sullivan will haunt quarterbacks and running backs as a feared linebacker all season. Why am I excited to see him? Well let's just say we are related. That's reason enough for me! I want to see how well Julian can do on the field. He has a great build and will be amazing against the run. Without a doubt, Julian can anchor a defense in the Otters that could take another step forward this season. They are basically play-off bound due to Legion and Sabercats being really bad, so their goal has to be to make some noise in the playoffs itself. I believe Julian O'Sullivan can be a big part of that and get them to that next level. Getting past the Outlaws will be tough either way, so don't count on it, but expect to see O'Sullivan make a push for rookie of the year this season.

As a user, JuOSu has been amazing in creating statistical analysis so complicated that I don't even understand it half the time. Her ELO rating system is a fantastic tool to know the strength of teams and makes this league so much more realistic in my mind, to have analysis that goes so deep. I can't wait to see what else she writes in the future.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - StevenOSullivan - 09-13-2017

Brice Boggs was drafted number 3 overall in the draft this year, but apparently he was projected to be number 1 for a long time, so he has to be the best rookie. I think watching him will be most fun, because he can really contribute to a team and improve them. He is a linebacker so he will be on the field a lot and contribute in many different ways, tackling, sacks, forced fumbles, interceptions, whatever you can need from him, he will do.

Boggs plays for the Yellowknife Wraiths, who made the playoffs last year but gave up the 2nd most points in the league so they really needed an improvement on defense. Hopefully Boggs can be a great player in the middle of that defense and improve them so much that they end up being a playoff team again.

He already played for them last year, and had 82 tackles, 6 sacks and 1 interception, all numbers that he should improve upon this year.

Prediction: Boggs will have 100 tackles, 8 sacks and 3 interceptions this season, which would definitely make him a favourite for rookie of the year. He has a lot of pressure on him but he can do it!

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - tlk742 - 09-13-2017

All eyes may be on Iyah Blewitt, but my rookie has to be Benson Bailey. The man is working to become an island so our Safety Duo can become the monsters we all know them to be. So what started as quick runs around the track where Blewitt was lagging, has become days where he’s keeping up with the likes of Smallwood, Canton, and Weston. What’s even crazier is in the drills he’s lined up against Smallwood and when the ball is in the vicinity of Bayley, the Island just catches the ball and then is gone in a flash. He might not be the flashiest of cornerbacks but he is a monster of a player who while not super tall, makes up for it with his insane coverage ability and vertical. Also talk about an amazing work ethic. Like his fellow first round pick Blewitt, both are striving to prove the doubters wrong and set the world aflame. Every morning they’re there before most of the team has arrived. When Bayley is done in practice he’s going home and instead of watching horror movies, he is just studying game tape. There are a lot of great WR tandems out there, but the tandem of Balely and Canton may just outshine them entirely.

Code:
213 words

@`BayleyIsland`

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - evryday - 09-13-2017

For my PT, I’ll be selecting one defensive and one offensive rookie.

Ricardo Sandoval is the rookie I am most interested in seeing. Yes, at least partly because he’s on my team, but also because the defensive tackle position always interested me. He’s a big strong player and even if his numbers don’t necessarily reflect this, should be able to take some of the pressure off the linebackers and free them up to make plays behind the line of scrimmage. We had the fewest tackles for a loss of any team in the league with 32. We also had the fewest tackles as a team. I think with Sandoval plugging up the middle of the line, our ends and LBs can make more plays for us, something that the Outlaws have seemingly written the book on.
@cosbornballboy

Outside of Sandoval, I think Brian Wheat will be in for a big year. With the sudden retirement of Matthew Vincent, Wheat will be looked upon to step up in preparation for Season 4, and they’re big shoes to fill. Maybe not necessarily from a numbers stand point but his player agent did a lot for the team and that is going to be hard to replace. I have also always been interested in the WR in these leagues so any time I can follow a rookie it’s exciting for me.
@Wheaties

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Keyg_an - 09-13-2017

I am most excited to see rookie Wallace Stone of the Las Vegas Legion. If you know the Las Vegas Legion you know how weak their offensive line was and that in part played into the fact that their quarter back could not get off any passes, well here's to you Wallace Stone, let's hope you can be part of that change..

A surprise pick in the third round of the draft Wallace Stone was kind of a diamond in the rough, but without the rough and I think the Las Vegas Legion knew what they were getting when they picked up Wallace in the third round, a very big, very strong man who was going to protect the quarter back with his life, and that's what I'm excited to see this pre season, a chance for a Las Vegas quarter back to not be sacked immediately after the hike.

So Wallace Stone, I'll be watching you while I'm down in the DSFL, and cannot wait until we get to take the field together and show everyone what Las Vegas is really made of, we are winners at heart and let's leave our hearts on the field.

"Clear eyes, full heart, can't lose"

Code:
203 words

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - PDXBaller - 09-13-2017

With such a great pool of rookies this year it’s hard to choose just one to be excited about. There was a lot of hype surrounding Antonio Sandoval and it was clearly justified as he gained 100 TPE over the offseason. I believe he and fellow returning waiver player Brice Boggs of the Yellowknife Wraiths were the clear front runners in this draft. Boggs gives the Wraiths an incredible boost to the secondary unit that will propel them into one of the best defenses in the league. He was an absolute steal for the 3rd pick this year. Time will tell if Boggs should have been the number 1 pick overall.

From the Philadelphia perspective, I think Clifford Rove will also make a big splash and hopefully give the Liberty offense a reliable quarterback for years to come. He’ll have a lot of prove considering he’s not as developed as Christ, who had a subpar performance last season. Rove might be the best quarterback in the draft and prove to everyone that he was not a reach pick. Another notable rookie standout is Cesar Millan who was picked 17th overall. Millan will address the most glaring hole in the offense and might be a breakout star for this upcoming season.

210 words

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - adam2552 - 09-13-2017

[Image: wdLHvYZ.jpg]
@Yurt6

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - XxpurplepurpsxX - 09-13-2017

With the draft done and over with, all the new players should be settling down with their teams and going through training camp and other preseason formalities. One player who has been hyped up to no end is the coveted kicker Iyah Blewitt. When you are a kicker going in the first round you know you must have a leg of the gods themselves to make a team take a risk on you. Blewitt was fantastic as a place kicker last year, when your kicker is missing kicks left and right and punting the ball like a 5 year old kid with cerebral palsy you aren't going to be putting yourself in the best position to win. That's why San Jose dropped their mediocre kickers for a week in week out reliable kicker like Blewitt. Of course, when you get drafted that high the pressure starts to mount. There will be many eyes on Blewitt as the next season approaches and the scrutiny will be amplified due to his draft position. One of the reasons I am looking forward to seeing Blewitt play is simply because he somehow makes kicking the ball exciting. Every time he steps up to boot the ball down the field he just gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside that can't be ignored

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Silver Fox - 09-13-2017

Can it be any other than Clifford Rove? For an offense that had no choice but to be run by Jameis Christ last season, Fox, Damien and Paul were being dragged down. This year, sparkly new rookie QB Rove will be slinging the rock in Philly and I could not be happier.

People may have been chanting reach at his early 2nd round selection in the S3 draft, but he’s far and away the best QB in the class who, without a team the entire S2 season, worked out on his own and did his best to advance his game in anticipation of opportunity. Well, opportunity knocked, baby! That opportunity answers to Liberty and happens to have the 2nd best defense in the league, along with an improved offensive line and a star receiver just begging for targets. Some QBs in the league might be superior in arm strength, accuracy, or game intelligence, but many also lack the weapons necessary to utilize those talents to the fullest. Not Clifford Rove – he’s got the team ready to make some magic this season and beyond.

So yeah, when I have to pick a rookie to watch this preseason, I wanna see what the new QB can do behind a new line on a team that was already starting to climb the ranks last season on grit and determination alone. The talent voids are mostly filled and with Rove at the helm, Liberty should be much improved.

@Yurt6