International Simulation Football League
(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day (/showthread.php?tid=12811)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - Rouchicus - 03-28-2019

You'd think that I would remember my draft day much better than I do, considering it just happend this past off-season, but it all just feels like a blur. I was only ever contacted by one GM, Chet Tannen of the Palm Beach Solar Bears. Honestly, it felt like most of the other GMs weren't ever going to give me a shot considering some of my off the field activities. Not Chet though. He was always supportive of me doing whatever I wanted to with my spare time, as long as it didn't hurt me on the field.

The only hurt that will be on the field will be the hurt I lay on the guys unlucky enough to line up across from me.

While I wasn't necessarily shocked at the team that took me, I can honestly say I didn't expect to go with the #2 overall pick. Did I know that I was talented? Sure. But this draft was stacked with talent. So many guys were worthy of being at the top of the draft, but the Solar Bears saw fit to take me as their first piece to the expansion puzzle. It's hard to put into words what that means to me, so I'm just going to have to show it on the field. Every. Damn. Game.

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - PSanchez55 - 03-28-2019

http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/ind...indpost&p=68422

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - TheWoZy - 03-28-2019

PBE PT

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - ErMurazor - 03-28-2019

Jorel Tuck’s draft day does not seem too far away. Jorel Tuck was part of a pretty impressive draft class that went on for quite a few rounds of players that were active and looked like they would grow to be solid contributors. Because of Jorel Tuck’s family pedigree not a lot of hoopla was going on at home or with the family leading up to the draft. Jorel Tuck was actually spending the day at a local bar just hanging out and relaxing the days leading up to the draft. The majority of the calls that Jorel Tuck received were actually from general managers and team representatives going out of their way to inform Jorel Tuck that they were not going to be selecting them with each one of their picks, which seemed unnecessary and a waste of everyone’s time. Fortunately, Jorel Tuck had a few suitors that all seemed like places he would enjoy playing and he was ok getting drafted by each of them. In the end, Jorel Tuck received a call from the team that he figured he was going to end up on all long, the San Jose Sabercats. Jorel Tuck was adequately satisfied by the Sabercats decision to select him when many other teams would not and he intends to show his loyalty by doing what he can to get the Sabercats their first championship.

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - MrStennett - 03-28-2019

The day I was drafted by the Orange County Otters was a really great day. I wasn't sure if I would be picked in the first round or not, even though I had tried my hardest to prove that I deserved to be a first round selection. I didn't really know whether or not linebacker was a position of need or not for most of the teams. I was contacted by several of the teams around the league, and had some pretty good conversations with a few of the GMs. I started getting the feeling that someone was going to pick me in the first round, but I still wasn't quite sure who it was. There was a long period of time leading up to the draft that I was almost positive that I was going to be a Baltimore Hawk, but with the sixth pick overall, I was selected by the Otters. I couldn't be happier where I ended up. Turns out the Otters didn't really need a linebacker, but would be happy to play me there if that's really what I wanted to do. I decided that I'd put a good foot forward to help out my new team and position switch to defensive tackle, which they did need, as eventual hall of famer Angus Winchester had just retired.

Code:
221 words

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - Bwestfield - 03-28-2019

My draft day was predictable and boring for some. Everyone except myself knew that I was going to be drafted by the Colorado Yeti. The media, fans, and other people who follow the sport all put me in Colorado as soon as any draft speculation started happening. I was more than thrilled to be a part of the team but for most because it was so obvious to them it wasn't very exciting and I was left behind on media days for more exciting players drafted in spots no one knew they would go. Being on the yeti has been nothing short of amazing. I got to learn from one of the best wide receivers in Howard Miller and I get to play on the left, right, and slot positions. Someday soon I will be able to take over the number one position with the retirement of Howard Miller but I will always ask for better players to be brought in to boost our team and have someone to learn something new from. This year I have Viggo Squanch to learn from and he has a lot of exciting moves. He is smart and hits the books hard. He knows the playbooks and often has to show me where to line up on some of the plays that happen in hurry up. Thank Colorado for making my dream come true.

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - shadyshoelace - 03-28-2019

[Image: y7dmk7y.png]

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - Daybe - 03-28-2019

The day I was drafted, I already had a decent picture of where I was going to go. I figured I was either going to Denver to become a Colorado Yeti, or to Orange County to become an Otter. After the first 5 picks went by, nothing unusual had happened. The Yeti had not selected me yet, but they had two consecutive picks going 4, 5 and 6, I naturally assumed I was to be selected at 7, but then I wasn't. I was surprised until a trade was announced; the Yeti were going to be making their fourth consecutive pick. At this point, I basically knew what was going on, the Yeti were grabbing an apparently active pair who were friends in real life. They then grabbed me as the replacement for the failed experiment that was Nick Pierno. The day was pretty surreal. Obviously I wish my name had been called higher, but I knew being a quarterback and all I would have my doubters, especially with my two previous characters going inactive very early in their respective careers. Overall, it was a fun experience, getting to go through the DSFL/draft process for the first time in my career.

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - JuOSu - 03-29-2019

PBE PT

(S14) - PT 1 - Draft Day - PDXBaller - 03-29-2019

PBE PT