International Simulation Football League
(S35) Offseason Task - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S35) Offseason Task (/showthread.php?tid=38869)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - XaveValor - 04-23-2022

2. . I have the privilege to be included in the S36 draft class which is one of the largest classes in the history of the league. What I think makes this class truly special though is how active everyone has been in these last 3 weeks and the excitement that permeates all of our conversations. Every S36 rookie I have spoken with has maintained activity while also actively participating in the community which then fosters more activity by other rookies, and so on. Here are just a few examples of what this class has already produced.

@PurpleReign is leading the pack on pure media posts with a couple of articles and 2(!) podcasts under their belt. I don’t believe anyone tops them in pure activity and I see them being a max earner for the far future. If they leverage that into TPE then you could be seeing the birth of a star in the league.

@Repgnar has been a powerful presence in every rookie locker room and has shown that he can make quick friends in this community. Boasting some great media early, they could easily become a max earner and convert that to Sim success. Be on the lookout for them in the upcomingDSFL and then ISFL draft.

@soevil has shown they can do the leg work to make it in the league, being bold enough to post a DSFL mock draft before their first season. This shows they can research their fellow players to gain an edge but also will be a valuable asset to any GM in their War Room.

@Jaywe88 You cannot mention them without mentioning The Dobbler which is taking the S36 class by storm. Seriously check out their posts to get up to speed so you don’t miss this new trend.

@Liter has been asking great questions whenever they are in the chat which helped my own understanding of the league and has put mentors to the test. A desire to understand the league is crucial to staying with it and can see them being an asset to the classes that come after us.

@Pizza-faith is already a graphics all-star and has made numerous signatures for rookies even when we were on waivers. My signature is one of his creations and I love every piece they have put out. I expect a call from the graphics department in the future!

These are the rookies I have interacted with the most in my short time but the list of impactful rookies just continues from here.

With all of this said, I can say with great confidence that the league is seeing its future right now. With such a large class size we can obviously expect some drop-off within a few seasons but I also see many future lifers in the mix. Between outstanding graphics being posted, insightful and funny media posts, and an incredibly active Discord presence, this rookie class will be remembered for the remainder of the league’s history.

The biggest hope I have for this class is that we can usher in future classes as well and maintain the welcoming culture we have experienced so far.

As to where we are all going to be drafted? I believe that the six listed above, and @Raven with his re-create may constitute the full first round next Saturday. While I do not know the individual needs of each team, and drafts are not my strong suit, the activity from each of those listed and myself should be enough to get us drafted early not only for the DSFL but the ISFL as well. The only downside to having such an amazing class is that I cannot be on the same team as all of them!

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - Lowlycrib - 04-23-2022

Tyron Brackenridge Jr. Has been around the game of football for as long as he can remember. As some may know, he is the son of former ISFL star Tyron Brackenridge who was the undoubted rock of the San Jose defense his entire career. Tyron Brackenridge Jr. Has always struggled to live up to some of the hype surrounding his father and his potential to live up or even surpass what he did but for now he is just trying to carve out a role in the DSFL and hopefully the ISFL when he gets called up. Much like Brack Sr., Junior has always been open to moving around the defense to best help the team which means moving the defensive line or even into the secondary if it helps the team win. Juniors experience in the league so far has been vastly different and it hasn't effected his morale, while he slipped all the way down in the ISFL draft unlike his father, it has given him the drive to continue to get better each week. Junior has really been able to lean on his father in how to go about being a professional in a league ad big as the ISFL, which has led to some possible locker room issues as he has become the leader of the DSFL locker room. Junior was able to experience the ISFL locker room for the first time this off-season and it has rejuvenated his desire to remain in the league which has wavered at times due to the amount of work it takes but being in the big club's facilities and field has been an eye opening experience much like his father experienced. Junior also made a point of it to go back to his home town in Canada to give back to all of those that helped him along the way and give him the best base for him to develop and hone his skills and lastly Junior has scheduled a training camp for some of the University of Maryland players to give them some tips and pointers as to how he has gotten to where he is today.
(359)

Talks of expansion always seem to be constant in a league such as the ISFL. As always I am a fan of the idea as it creates new opportunities and chances for players in the league that may have been overlooked initially. Expansion also adds more depth to the league and more parity which can lead to some more outcomes that are unforeseen rather the best team always running the table and dominating the regular season and possibly the post season. Expansion also gives an opportunity for more places to be represented in the league that might not be traditional football cities that people could get behind and willing to represent and feel Included by having them in the league. Some of the places that I think would be good additions to the league would be a team from Europe although I am not too tied to any particular spot, it would be nice to have a team represent Europe in some way. The same sort of thinking would be for a team from South America or Africa whereas they don't have a team yet to represent them. Now for a couple of ideas as for a specific branding that a team could use would include the Cameroon Cheetahs for an African team as it makes both in a logistical sense being on the west coast of Africa for travel for games. For Europe, a team such as the Austrian Chamois would also make sense for travel as well as an more interesting spot over Britain, France, Italy,  etc. Lastly for a team from South America you could have a team such as the Brazilian Chestnuts to represent South America. While the branding can certainly change, I am a proponent for bringing in less traditional spots for a football team in order to bring in some more diversity and inclusion into the league rather than just picking another American city that is bland or generic in its branding
(328)

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - JuOSu - 04-23-2022

18. Written option - which teammate of yours is the ultimate team player and why? How does this person exhibit selflessness and put the team first? Are they a great locker room presence who encourages others? Do they play an important but unappreciated role on the team which doesn't receive much recognition for awards? Graphic Option: Create a graphic of your player with your teammate who exhibits a team-friendly attitude.

Well, the New Orleans Second Line just drafted the incredible Toivo again and once again he fell to a later round and I still don't understand it. One of the most dependable players in the entire league, Toivo has been around a long long time and has been active and solid this entire time. He won't be a max earner but he is insanely dependent and will always get you all the free stuff. Toivo never leaves his teams and is super loyal and he will be a great locker room presence as well. I just don't get why someone like that would ever fall so late in the draft. I just think he is a great guy. And especially as a kicker you are basically good with him not max earning. He should be the NOLA kicker for the next ten seasons and will be a great presence in that meantime. Happy to have him back with the team.

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - moonlight - 04-23-2022

pass

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - TheDangaZone - 04-23-2022

30. Affliate PT from either SHL/PBE/WSBL. The Weeks must match with the timeframe of this UW. And you may only use a max of 1.
PBE PT

8. With awards season upon us, make up an award for your player win for something not on the football field?
With the offseason winding down and after such a long and excruciating offseason for the Hawks it did give us a lot of time to mull over our own thoughts and really think about whatever the hell you want to call this past season. Whether it be Ultimus hangover or just old age catching up in the worst possible way it allowed us to sit and stew, however it also allowed us to talk, train, and bond more than we ever have. In doing so we did come up with some very fun and engaging team activities and even created some awards that we handed out to each other over the training camp and offseason. As the outgoing captain of the offense, a captain who led the Hawks to the worst finish since I was drafted here years and years ago, the team did see it fit to give me a nice throwback award. The award was given to me for taking us back into the dark ages of the mid to late S20s, right before I was drafted in S27, that season as well and then the subsequent change of management and team ideals. These changes allowed us to build a contender from the ashes and make one of the most fun teams to watch on the gridiron. It culminated so amazingly in our Ultimus run that I have never been part of team that fun in my entire life. Now as I am in my last season in the league though and coming off the worst season we had seen in almost a decade as captain I get the joy of my locker being adorned with the Throwback Award. A throwback to those dark days, to the days when I was young and not absolutely terrible on the field, a throwback to the worst version of the Hawks. So going forward I have reliquinshed that captainship in hopes that someone else can right this ship and get us back on the track we need to be and back to the promised land. One last run for this old man to step back and let these guys take over and hopefully do a little Throwback of my own, a Throwback to the Hawks holding that Ultimus trophy once more, a Throwback to the most fun team to ever be together.
391 words

16. This task is exclusive to recreate/non-recreate rookies of the S35 class and later. The season is over and the draft is coming up. What do you bring to a team, and why should a team choose to take a chance on you next season?
With my new player it is definitely going to be a weird but new experience for me as a user. I have been a skill position for pretty much every one of my players, either being a running back, wide receiver, or the one cornerback I had who did pretty well too. But now I move to the offensive line and I do not know how it will go. What I do know is that I bring an active locker room voice, a voice of leadership, of knowledge, and of understanding. I have been around sim leagues for 5 years now and have been on dominant teams and some bottom feeders and no matter what in this league I've been committed. With Baltimore when I was drafted in S27 I could have left when we won 1 game and had new GMs come in after 1 season who I had never talked to. They talked to me, I understood what they wanted and I gave them the shot to prove how good they were. That is now my fave LR I have ever been apart of and I got another cup out of it too.
195 words

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - JoshiePoo - 04-23-2022

I did a mix of #1 and #6 while exploring the story of how the Birddogs won the Ultimini. I hope it works for you guys cause I had a lot of fun looking at the stats and writing this up.

-

Cinderella story. The 16th seed. David vs Goliath. The Miracle on Ice. Everyone loves an underdog story, let me explore one with you.

"Owen Farrell takes a knee, and that will run out the clock. Bondi Beach will fall to 6-8, and that means Dallas is headed to the playoffs."

A team under .500 sneaks into the DSFL playoffs by the skin of their teeth. They are pitted against the number one seed in the conference, the biggest success story in the league that season. In the DSFL North 6 wins and 8 losses was tied for last place. In the DSFL south, it was a playoff berth.

"Tijuana is coming off a fantastic season, they've been firing on all cylinders, by all accounts they're ready to take that momentum into the Ultimini. However standing in their way is a Dallas team who many consider to be the vast underDOGS, if you will."

The Birddogs were coming off a 5-9 season in 2048, and heading into 2049 they had mustered a league worst 249 points on offense the previous year. However Dallas would surprise many by winning 3 of their first 4. Yet their winning ways were short lived, they would quickly regress to the mean and finish the season a paltry 6-8. On the other sideline was a dominant 10-4 Luchadores team, who were the heavy betting favorites coming into the DSFL South Conference Championship.

"You know Rich, Dallas' offense led the league in points scored this season. But they are going up against an ELITE defense in the Luchadores."

Despite their mediocre record, Dallas had a high-powered offense in 2049. They scored a league leading 29.9 points per game! However for every step their offense took forwards, it seemed their defense took one step back. The Birddogs defense gave up 32.5 points per game, good for 2nd worst in the league, just ahead of a disappointing 2049 Norfolk squad. On the other side of the coin, the Luchadores defense had been lights out. Tijuana was allowing a league leading 19.9 points per game, and they didn't seem to be slowing down any time soon. But that all changed in the conference championship.

"Heading into halftime the Birddogs are nursing a 14-10 lead. Some costly errors by Tijuana and some opportunistic scoring by Dallas has been the story of the game so far."

The Birddogs were keeping this game surprisingly close, and even more shocking was that they were putting up a defensive showing rivaling that of Tijuana's. The Luchadores were struggling to move the ball on offense. Dallas Cornerback Cuttino Mobley was seemingly all over the field, breaking up 4 passes while also delivering 7 tackles and a pick 6 late in the 3rd quarter. Linebacker Regina Ferraro was right there with him, constantly stuffing running lanes, and delivering to the tune of 7 tackles, 1 forced fumble, and a pick six.

"Jones, drops back, surveys the field. He dumps it off to McTurtle. The ball is tipped! And Ferraro's going to grab it! She's racing down the sideline! 20, 10, 5, touchdown, Dallas!"

Tijuana would scratch and claw their way back into the game in the second half, rookie receiver Maximilian Hamilton would catch 2 TDs to bring the score to 28-25. With a last second FG by Aikeek Dafootbawl, the Luchadores would send the game into overtime. Dallas would win the coin toss, and they would get straight to work, grinding out an 8 minute ground and pound drive before finding 42 yards of lightning in a bottle.

"Marciano, steps into it. Pass is... CAUGHT! ARMSTRONG! SIDELINE! TOUCHDOWN! UNBELIEVABLE!"

This win would catapult the Birddogs into the Ultimini where they were set to face off against a formidable Minnesota Grey Ducks squad. The Grey Ducks were coming off a dominating 23-10 performance against Kansas City in the DSFL North Conference Championship, carried by 132 yards from RB Kawai Bartok. Was the Birddogs conference championship showing a fluke? Could they display the same defensive versatility when the pressure was at its highest?

"With the kickoff by Double Doink here we go for the 34th Ultimini Championship!"

In the Ultimini the Birddogs stepped on the gas and didn't let up. They had a 21-0 lead before Minnesota was finally able to put points on the board with a TD at the end of the first half. Dallas didn't look back, and would hold the Grey Ducks scoreless for the rest of the game while putting up 12 more points of their own. QB Christian Marciano had a standout game with 288 yards, 4 TDs, and a passer rating of 123.3. WRs Derrick Armstrong and Leek Mai-Heinous both had 100+ yard games, LMH pulled down 2 TDs and Armstrong tacked on another one. Meanwhile the defense played flawlessly, LB Sam Sung led the team with 7 tackles, while Regina Ferraro had a critical strip-sack and fumble recovery to stop any chance of Minnesota bringing the game back.

"Marciano kneels down, and the Dallas Birddogs are your S34 Ultimini Champions!"

Everything seemingly came together for Dallas during this run. Finishing 6-8 would have been tied for last in the DSFL North, but since they had the tie-breaker over the 6-8 Buccaneers, they snuck into the playoffs in the DSFL South. Not to mention that Bondi Beach lost a crucial win-and-your-in game in Week 14! The defense stepped up immensely against some fantastic offenses in the postseason, keeping them competitive against Tijuana and completely shutting down Minnesota in the Ultimini, after having allowed the second worst PPG during the regular season. Was this a miracle run? Perhaps, they certainly had a lot of things go in their favor at critical moments. It just goes to show that anything can happen in this league!

-

To anyone who read all or some of this, thank you. My writing can be a little scatterbrained and all over the place at times, something I can definitely improve on in the future. But I thought this was a really intriguing story that some people might not have seen, so it was quite fun to flesh out. To any graders I hope the combination of #1 and #6 works for you guys! You're the best!

(966 words)

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - juniped - 04-23-2022

Tier 1: 6

So I want to talk a little bit about the development league here, or the dsfl. honestly I think this problem is something that a lot of leagues have oh, and honestly the longer I'm in simulation leagues I have a hard time telling if this is really a problem or just an aspect of the human nature. I talked to a lot of people about how I think some development teams can be super culty,  to the point of fracturing relationships between players in the majors teams more and they should be able to affect. The point all of these teams is to be able to Peach both players and managers how to I learned the league from both of player and management standpoint. However I have seen things in these leagues get so heated that players no longer speak to each other.  Obviously competition is important but sometimes competition can come to the point where I worry that Player Development is stunted, there are even managers or players who recreated over and over again with the same team to stay in the minors witch is interesting. I think this creates a culture that defeats the purpose of the entire week. I don't think you should be allowed to be a longtime developmental League general manager as well, players, I guess users who are managers of these Development  leagues for long periods of time without moving on I think stubs of the growth of new people coming up and learning to manage. Well obviously developmental leagues like the dsfl are nothing like managing the full teams, it's still usually seen as a pretty good starting point.  If teams have a general manager who are there for too long, then I think it can prevent new users from having a chance to step up and show what they can do. Obviously if nobody else is willing to step up, or if this is really a problem you don't move on, ignore me. I don't have an exact record of how long people have been general managers in the dsfl but from my time I remember being something that I thought about. I also think re-creates should be drafted separately, after new creates in the dsfl. I think new players should have the chance just shine bright in at least one draft, and I know that would be super weird and the full isfl draft so I think recreates shouldn't be allowed we trapped in the same time as new creates. This will allow new creates the chance to experience the excitement of being drafted high or having the drive and being drafted low separately from recreates who have already had the chance to experience this. I think recreates going back to the same team over and over again also don't help a feeling of cult-like action in these teams and I think this can lead to more animosity between players on different teams in the dsfl but the same team in the Isfl.  this also leads to  things like a pipe lines which title of create a lot of Silo in between players and I think it's important have players be allowed to interact more. Otherwise these pipeline teams can become Echo Chambers which is always a damaging result.  Maybe these problems are not nearly as bad as I think they are but baby I haven't paid as much attention as I used to, I remember it being something that are to me a while ago or something I've never had the chance to talk about. Honestly I've written about this deleted it so many times I've lost count but I'm going to go ahead and put this out here feel free to ignore this if it's just the Wrap weight of an old veteran

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - Muford - 04-23-2022

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=123329&pid=3206620#pid3206620

welfare

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - Jangorhino - 04-24-2022

Tier 3: Written/Graphics Tasks (Each must be either 150+ words or a graphic)

Choose up to FOUR for 2.5 TPE each.

18. Graphic Option: Create a graphic of your player with your teammate who exhibits a team-friendly attitude.

[Image: task_18.png]

19. If your player had a show starring them, what would the plot be? Graphic Option: Create the cover art for your player’s show

[Image: UW_TSK_19.png]

20. Make a scouting report for any of the ISFL or DSFL draftees. Show their stats, abilities, TPE, or highlights. Written or graphic option available.

[Image: UW_TSK_20.png]

23. Create a billboard, magazine cover, unique trading card, or video game cover depicting a one of the league's stars.

[Image: uw_tsk_23.png]

RE: (S35) Offseason Task - Cincyfan96 - 04-24-2022

6)

For this year's Offseason Task I want to write an appreciation post to my longtime GM @Dewalt27 as well as look ahead to the future of my player, Adam Schell. This league in a lot of ways is about building a circle of unexpected friends. While the allure of football may be what brought me here, it's been the people I have met along the way that have kept me here. In the last year, I have had work and family transitions that have made it impossible for me to be the same hyperactive user who joined this league 2 years ago. But Dewalt has stuck with me. Because of his leadership I've been able to play the last two seasons (although I'm still kicking myself for the lost TPE in both of those regressions that I unfortunately missed) and will get to play in this the final season for Adam Schell. While my standing as an elite build is certainly gone, I've gotten to be a part of an elite locker room when I have been able to poke my head in and say, "Hi." There are few users who would have done the work it has taken to keep me around here, and Dewalt has not only done that but has made me seriously consider a recreate that I did not think I would do. I'm still not sure what my future in ISFL will be, but my present situation is one that I owe to him. As I said before, the ISFL's initial appeal is that of a fictional football career, and I've been blessed to have that, but what makes it worth continuing to grind and watch and play along is without a doubt the people met along the way. Thanks for being one of the most important of those people, my friend!

As alluded before, this will be Adam Schell's last season, and though that is tough to swallow as I've now put 2 years into his career, I am excited to see where he will end his career. The biggest potential milestone to meet is reaching 1,000 career tackles. Last year's 100+ tackles unexpectedly put me in a position to meet this career milestone as I now sit at 918 tackles, 82 to go for a full 1,000. Either way, I will retire as the leading tackler in Berlin history, which as a forming member of the team has been a goal from the start! Other stats to watch are TFLs, currently sitting at 37. It seems unlikely that I will get to 50, but crazier things have happened! I have 95 PDs in my career and breaking 100 seems like another very reachable goal! With 9 INTs in my career, I only need one to get to double digits, and with 17 forced fumbles, 20 seems like another reachable goal! Finally, I have 9 recovered fumbles, which also leads Berlin in team history. I'd love to see that get to 10 as well.

After this review, though it seems like a year that could be written off, starting out the year under 300 TPE, Adam Schell has a lot to play for this year as he tries to finish his career strongly. And once again, Dewalt can take a great deal of credit in making the above landmarks even remotely possible. It would have been a respectable move to let the old fart go this year when I went silent in the last couple of weeks, but once again he has proven to be a general manager who consistently goes above and beyond and I find myself so very grateful for all he's done for me. Now let's shock the world and bring home the banner this year Berlin!