International Simulation Football League
(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight (/showthread.php?tid=4476)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Rabidsponge21 - 09-13-2017

Benson Bailey - SJS

I know Corner back isn’t as flashy as some of the other big positions across the league, but seeing a guy who joined later than some of the other players who were present in the first round put in the work he has to get as high TPE as possible in his 1st season one can only be excited to see what he can do. The Sabercats are in need at a lot of positions as we head into season 3, and this is a player who has all the tools to make something happen and be a true corner piece to this franchise. I don’t expect him to light the world on fire his 1st season, but showing some good progress and stats should help to set the tone for the length of his career. Active players are what you always want in leagues like this, and Bailey seems to be just that. The sky is the limit for him and getting the chance to see him put in some work during some real game for a team he is ready to represent is great.

One can only hope the opposition will be seeing green a lot just before he burns them over and over.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Kendrick - 09-13-2017

[Image: Boggs.png]

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Valtookan - 09-13-2017

I am excited to see....

Godfrey King suit-up as an Outlaw once again.

I am excited to see Archetype Schmarchetype run out of the tunnel with the Outlaws flag.

I can't wait for Charles Law to be out first SUPER EFFECTIVE TE out on the field.

I really want to see....

[Image: Harris_Jr.png]

I also especially am excited to see us retain.....

[Image: CpuKbim.jpg]

LAST BUT NOT LEAST! OUR FIRST SPEED WR SINCE STORMBLESSED!!!! (Yep, last time we had one we tore up the league)

Samuel Zhang

[Image: hines-ward_upiphotos912174-nfl-super-bowl-xlii.jpg]

LET'S GO OUTLAWS!

Alirght, time to add more to this.

I'm excited for Godfrey King because we have never really been solid in the middle of our line up. Now, that Arbin Asipi is really coming into his own (He had like a 3 sack Pre-Season game right?) and we have retained King, we can be a strong middle. This will insanely bulk up our Run D and help us achieve the planned Undefeated Season.

Having A. Schmarchetype gives us a potential 4 ACTIVE O-Line men and a average 200 TPE O-Line! That is amazing in the NSFL!

Man, we have an ACTIVE TE for the first time! We are going to crush it on Offense! He is gonna crush it on offense. Undefeated Outlaws.

People said we had a elite defense. Did they also know we had two inactive CBs? Legion sure didn't when they took Rashad LOL. Now we have 2 ACTIVE CBs who finally bring light and honor to the position of Cornerback. Even a rookie corner can be elite on the Outlaws. Soon this guy will be a Top 2 CB along with Carter!

Brother of Jayce Tuck, Jaxon Tuck is coming off of an incredible S2 season. He was a very effective pre-rookie running back who played above his TPE Grade. There were questions about his continuation in the league and he fell in the draft as a result but he seems refocused and ready to run again for the Outlaws.

@`BrotherP` @AdamS @Schmarchee @Apache_Chief @Shadowz @kcheng686

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - iamslm22 - 09-13-2017

There are many Rookies on the Baltimore Hawks that I am excited to see, but the one that will be most fun to watch will be Rookie Trey Willie. The fact that Willie is on the Hawks is a surprise. The Hawks were picking at the 7 spot and Willie was expected to go in the first round. Somehow Willie fell to the seven and the Hawks passed on him, going with another great Rookie, Ricardo Sandoval, at the defensive tackle position. Then in the second round the Hawks traded up to get the future Star receiver.

Willie comes into this season after already being a success in season 2. Willie was awesome in 12 games for the otters. Despite playing behind two Pro Bowlers, Willie still caught four touchdowns and has the potential to do way more in S3.

On the Hawks Willie has a chance to eventually be the number 1 receiver. Cooper Christmas is a solid player, but has some work ethic questions, and Matthew Vincent shocked the NSFL world with his retirement. Willie (along side fellow Rookie Brian Wheat), have a chance to add another dynamic to the Hawks. Willie and Quarterback Scrub Kyubee have a chance to be a dominant combination, and many people are excited to see how they look together in the pre season kicking off tonight.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - iamslm22 - 09-13-2017

(09-11-2017, 11:53 AM)ItsJustBarry Wrote:I could take the easy route and say the same thing as everyone else.  I could follow suit and choose Trey Willie.  I could talk about how he’s the most attractive player or how he came into S2 and showed flashes of brilliance and productivity while competing on maybe the most dynamic wide receiver roster in the league.  I could go on to mention how he scored a touchdown in his first NSFL game and how that level of play is only going to improve in his actual rookie* season. I could continue to mention, like everyone else will, how he was drafted by a team that may see an immediate impact from his training and activity.  Continuing on, I assume everyone will mention how he fell into the second round and now has a chip on his shoulder to outperform anyone who was drafted before him.  I could also mention how he is going to play at a level far beyond his experience and time in the league.  Like many others, I could talk about how he is in a skill position and by default will be more fun to watch than any lineman.  I could say all this but it will be repeated enough throughout this PT and is far too easy of an answer.  For me, I am excited to see Iyah Blewitt play this preseason.

229 words

This is incredible. Amazing job on this one.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - jordan327 - 09-13-2017

I am most excited to watch Iyah Blewitt this season. My choice is definitely unconvential as most people don't care to watch kickers, but I do. I love the elegance they have, as they take their steps back in order to prepare for the kickoff or field goal. Another impressive aspect of kicking is their incredible accuracy at kicking the ball. I've never heard of a holder breaking a finger from a kicker missing which is crazy based on how many kicks I have seen in my life. Kickers also have likely the toughest mental battle of all players in the National Simulation Football League. Whenever a player misses a kick, it can destroy the confidence and end their career. Blair Walsh, who missed a chip shot field goal to win the game, turned into an awful kicker the season after because he lacked confidence. Anyways, Iyah Blewitt has to deal with all these things while also being thrust into an important role for the Sabercats. San Jose will need him to perform well this season in order to steal Orange County's playoff spot. Blewitt will be a large in factor in whether the Sabercats have an impressive or dismal season this year.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Player1 - 09-13-2017

There's a lot to be excited about if you're a fan of the NSFL, and possibly even more so if you're an Orange County Otters fan. Looking at the draft, it's pretty clear that the Otters were playing by their own rules. In a draft that featured a slew of early round picks exchanging hands, the Otters were happy to stay put and pick the players they wanted when they wanted. As the Tight End, I would be amiss not to write about how excited I am to have Erlich Burnsman on the team now. A lot of people had Burnsman mocked in the third round or later, but I can tell you from experience that speed is the money maker in this league and having an RB that can burn opposing defenses is just what this team needs to bring our ground game back to the top. Erlich reminds me more than a little of my old friend and teammate Omar Wright, both on the field and in his can-do attitude that he brings everywhere he goes. He's got an uphill battle ahead of him as NSFL defenses continue to get bigger and badder with each new class of recruits, but with his natural athleticism and work ethic he's sure to be a household name in the league soon enough.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - bluesfan55 - 09-13-2017

I'm looking forward to seeing my fellow Philadelphia Liberty rookies play in the NSFL preseason (I won't be playing in it, as I'm in the DSFL this season.). Clifford Rove is the Liberty rookie to keep an eye on in my humble opinion. Sure, we have guys like Budda Browning and Eli Kamaka, but Clifford Rove is a beast. He's got a great arm and his accuracy is great too. He's a great guy in the LR and I enjoy talking with him. I feel like Rove is the man to lead the Liberty back to the playoffs. He can do it, and I'm confident in our team. And it doesn't help that Rove has help, and we have great offensive weapons like stud tight end Paul DiMirio. I think Rove can pass for 4,000 yards and 20 touchdowns this year. Hopefully we make the playoffs and maybe even win it all. But it's the preseason now, and we have a lot of time to work things out.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - jpd - 09-13-2017

Talk about which rookie you are excited to see play during the pre season.

I'm very excited to witness the greatness that is beholding of Jaquan Young. With his ferocious attitude and his all around woke attitude, he is obviously a committed member to the league. With his 6'6" body frame and red zone threat archetype he is ready to grab many touchdowns from Pierno. Even though he is a new rook and has been sent down to the DSFL, he can still be a great asset to the high octane offense of the Coyotes and be a key contributor to the team possibly winning the inaugural title. With the other rookies on the team being at needed positions and the Coyotes having an insane offense for the first season I am excited for their position currently. Coming from being selected in the 4th round by the Yetis, Jaquan I feel is ready to destroy this development league and be a key contributor to the Yeti in future seasons. With his large size and great offense to be around I feel as though his work ethic and overall attitude towards the league he can be a top player soon enough. All in all I am excited for the upcoming season and can't wait for what is to come.

(S3) - PT #1 - Rookie Spotlight - Perry87 - 09-13-2017

[Image: pAJnH6x.png]