International Simulation Football League
(S48) Offseason Task - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S48) Offseason Task (/showthread.php?tid=51052)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - Mossed26 - 05-15-2024

1. Ultimus time baby! as I've been writing this for a few seasons now I'm starting to get tired of seeing the same team every year. But I guess Arizona is just unavoidable. As always, the Outlaws are back to the ultimus against a (somewhat) familiar foe in the Crash, as they squared up in an ultimus back in S41. But before we get to the big game, lets talk about how they got here. Arizona has a pretty similar core to last season, with a few significant changes. The biggest change is Danny Nedelko finally giving up the role of lead RB. Nedelko is now splitting carries with Bertie Mannering-Phipps as they both were quite successful (965 yards on 4.4 YPC with 8 TDs and 1121 yards on 47 YPC for 13 TDs respectively) in what was the second best rushing attack in the entire league. There passing game was also led by Donovan Winters III who was efficient and effective as always, throwing for almost 4300 yards with a 29/14 TD:INT ration and a 2nd best 96.6 rating. Most of those targets were funneled into 3 weapons in WR Jordan Bamford (1200 yards and 7 TDs), WR Benji Aguilera (1200 yards and 9 TDs) and rookie RB Purdy Mediocre. Purdy was very unique as he actually lined up at TE throughout most of the season and put up an insane 1400 yards and 8 TDs, making first team all-pro. The OL was also good with only 1 bot and 2 all-pros. Overall this offense was the best in the league, leading everyone in YPG and PPG. The defense was also quite good but lacked star power, with no all-pros and only Waylen Green hitting double digit sacks and no one snagging more than 3 INTs. They made up for this with pure balance as everyone contributed to put together the 2nd best defense in the league.

Arizona had a great season punctuated by a 6 game win streak in the middle that led them to a 12-4 record and the 2 seed. 

You know how AZ survived and thrived through balance? Cape Town doesn't believe in balance. Why be balanced when you could just have the best rushing attack in the past decade and possible ever? Led by scrambling QB Thor Bǫllrsveifla and perennial pro bowl RB Nakiri Ayame, Cape Town rushed for 140 YPG on an incredible 5.2 YPC. Even the 3rd best player in this rushing attack, Hercules Henry, still averaged 5.5 YPC for 500 yards and 9 TDs.  Thor put up similar numbers on the ground with 550 yards on 5.7 YPC and 8 TDs, while lead back Ayame just broke 1000 yards on 4.9 YPC and 10 TDs. The passing game on the other hand wasn't very good, as Thor went 25:15 TD:INT with an 87 rating as lead WR Malik Brooks failed to crack 1000 yards. Even so, the rushing attack powered them to the best offense in the NSFC and second in the league behind AZ. The defense was much worst and again opposed to AZ, as CTC seemed to struggle with star power. They managed to have one of the best CBs (Luigi Numberone) and best DTs (Justin Steele) that the entire league had to offer but lacked in other key areas. Overall, they finished with a below average defense that struggled throughout the season.

Unlike AZ who cruised to the playoffs, CTC had to scratch and claw through a 3-5 start to make it to 7-5. They then immediately reversed course to 7-7 as the 8-6 Wraiths seemed certain to claim the last playoff spot. But every bounce went Cape Towns way as the 9-7 Crash edged out the 8-8 Wraiths for the final wild card spot.

Unlike usual, AZ struggled immensely in the playoffs, going down 17-0 before launching a furious comeback in a 36-30 OT win against the Second Line. They then had another dogfight in the ASFC championship game as they scored 2 TDs in the final 3 minutes to tie and them win the game. 

The CTC defense made sure it wasn't seen as a weakness in the playoffs as they would blow out the Hawks 35-7 before going up 17-14 in the NSFC championship game at half. The defense stayed locked in during an eventual 20-14 win to make the big game.

Well, you can probably guess what happened next. The Ultimus was a very tight game at the start, with Cape Town holding a 17-10 lead. Arizona then activated there devil magic, scoring 23 unanswered and winning the Ultimus 33-17.

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - Gwdjohnson - 05-15-2024

Code:
18. This task is exclusive to recreate/non-recreate rookies of the S48 class and later. The season is over and the draft is coming up. What do you bring to a team, and why should a team choose to take a chance on you next season?

Despacito IV obviously comes from a long line of ISFL players, and by name recognition alone he has some buzz around what he could bring to a team. However, unlike his father, Despacito IV was a rather late pickup in the DSFL by the Minnesota Grey Ducks, and had a lot of question marks around if he would be making the league. Those questions were answered rather quickly in GD4's shortened debut season, though, as he managed 6 sacks in 7 games, along with 10 tackles and a forced fumble. He made an immediate impact on a Minnesota team that already had a wealth of young talent in the ranks, and after a full offseason of preparation with the Ducks he could become a real threat to opposing offenses. He is not penned to go high in the draft still due to his lack of game time, but for whoever does take a stab on drafting Despacito IV, they could be getting a potential steal for their defensive line. (169 words)

Code:
34. New players join our teams every season, so which of those new players made the biggest impact on the field for your team?

The Grey Ducks had plenty of new young talent in the ranks during the season, but the big standout from their rookie core was undeniably quarterback Greg Hirsch. With how high expectations were for this Minnesota roster, the one piece that needed to deliver for success was the man slinging the football, and Hirsch delivered. He finished fourth in passing yards with 3142 over 436 completions, while being 5th highest in both TDs (21) and QB rating (86). He was also 4th in both rushing yards (207) and rushing TDs (5) among QBs, showing good scrambling play as well. Thanks to Hirsch's strong play, receiver Julian Rose was one of the breakout stars of the season for Minnesota, as he racked up 1232 receiving yards, good for 3rd in the league in that regard. Hirsch was picked by the struggling Honolulu Hahalua in the 3rd round in the S48 draft, and he could be a big piece in their promising future as they continue adding good talent to their project. (170 words)

Code:
27. Imagine your current position was not available to be picked when you created your player. What other position would you have picked, and why? (Written Task)

When I was creating I was pretty set on making a player in a position where the TPE floor for being viable/good is pretty low, so I had a few options in that regard. Defensive end seemed best, but if I had to pick something else it would probably be either kicker, offensive line or running it back as a tight end, since those are all also solid role player picks. Kicker I wasn't huge on though because I don't wanna be that guy who messes up a crucial kick for my team when it matters lmao, something like tight end is way cooler. In an ideal world where I would be max earning, though, I would absolutely try making a good wide receiver like I did on Despacito Jr. back in the S20s. That was by far the most fun I had on the ISFL and its too bad that I probably lack the sim league juice to replicate making a player with that kind of career peak. (170 words)

Code:
29. What team do you think has the best branding in the league? Why?

I totally forget if I already did this in another offseason task or whatever but that probably means I'll be writing something original here anyway lol. I feel like my opinion on this changes often, but a team whose branding I always have time for is OCO's. Not only are otters the greatest animals of all time, I also really like the vibrant orange and how it meshes with the secondary colours they choose. Every time the graphics team makes draft cards for players they pick the jerseys have always looked so mint. Apart from them, honestly even though I'm biased I really have a newfound liking for the Grey Ducks branding, because I really like the blue and grey motif along with the nice simplicity in the main logo. In terms of other colour schemes, I am also very partial to brandings like Honolulu's and Baltimore's, I just think OCO and MIN have a tad nicer and sharper logos. (160 words)

10 TPE

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - jlyles7 - 05-15-2024

8. As a S49 new create rookie, my experience in the league so far has been really great! This is my absolute first sim league so this is all very new to me. It's been a fun time learning about all of the different ways to earn TPE, earn money, and even all of the jobs there are around the league. It was apparent as soon as I joined how much depth and how much work everyone has put into keeping this thing going! There are a ton of great resources and I spent a lot of time reading and watching the getting started videos. Speaking of resources, every single person I have interacted with has been more than willing to offer help and answer any questions I may have, it's an extremely welcoming community. I wouldn't want to name names for fear of leaving anyone out but I really do appreciate everyone I've shared messages with. 

After creating my player, I was picked up by the Minn Grey Ducks. The general managers there do an amazing job at keeping the locker room a really fun place with great vibes. I was lucky to join for the tail end of their season and experience my first dot football. Unfortunately, our run in the playoffs ended horribly with a 27-0 comeback. I'm all too familiar with blown leads (I'm an Atlanta Falcons fan), so I fear the fault may have been mine. 

While I have not been drafted into the DSFL yet, I did get to enjoy the Prospect bowl and see my player in action for the first time. I found myself squinting at my player (#9), and yelling at them to get to the football. In the first series, my player recorded 3 INTS and 3 FFs. Not too shabby at all! With the DSFL Draft happening tomorrow, I'm looking forward to seeing where I land! (314 words)

18. With the DSFL draft coming up tomorrow, I am sure many General Managers are DYING to pick me so I am going to write about what I bring as a player to my future team. For the General Manager that drafts me, you are going to be getting a dynamic, hard hitting, fast, multi positional player. That's right, I am a center fielder free safety for now (and a dang good one at that) but do you need a wide receiver to take the top off the defense? an in your face line backer? a shut down corner? Look no further. I'm your guy. Outside of my on the field impact, I'm a player that you are going to love having in your locker room. I'll not only bring good vibes, but I will campaign with you against the sim gods if our team is wronged. You want me on that wall, you NEED me on that wall. (153 words)

19. With the Minn Grey ducks announcement of breaking ground on a brand new stadium in the upcoming year, there are some really cool features that I think would make the stadium really pop. First, in order to stay true to the Grey Duck name, I propose we have a duck sanctuary inside the stadium. This would feature duck ponds and water features and full time staff to take care of the ducks. Secondly, I would include pools in some of the stadium seating much like the current Miami Dolphins stadium, however, I would make them natural pools instead of chlorine pools. Third, the stadium would offer a virtual reality experience called Duck Simulator, where all the Grey Duck fans could live out their dreams of being a real duck. These three things, along with the world's largest scoreboard, state of the art seating, and Grey Duck Hall of Fame exhibit, would make the new MINN Grey Duck stadium one of the best in the world. (165 words)

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - J0EB - 05-16-2024

Code:
11. Write a short biography or story about your player. This could include background about how they came to the ISFL and how they’ve done so far, a story about their role in an exciting game, or anything else related to their experience in the league.

It started on a typical cold night in Colorado. Klaus was reading league news with a cup of hot tea by his side. Colorado hadn't been doing great. Projected to finish last in the league by most sources. This didn't concern Klaus much, as long as the team still had a spot on the line for him, he'd be content. But still a lot was changing in Colorado, so Klaus wanted to reflect on his time thus far with the team to see the direction his future may take. The season had started out pretty slow for him compared to his explosive rookie showing, and he had already given up more sacks than last year as well. Perhaps it was lack of consistent training, or maybe even motivation? In a strange way, Klaus didn't feel much challenge in his way. There didn't appear to be any obvious obstacles to overcome as he had been used to reach the point where he was at now. He assumed that meant his training had paid off, but to him things just felt a bit empty. Since less effort was needed to achieve the same impressive results as before, Klaus started slacking a bit and wouldn't put in his everything to training anymore. A lot of these considerations combined and resulted in Klaus' belief that a change of pace was needed. Something was needed to shake things up in his career. He talked with team management and decided that a trade to a new team could provide him the motivation he needed to get back on track.
Many teams showed interest in Klaus, the gestures and conversations he had were all very appreciated. He was honored to receive such attention despite being so young as a player. But the teams were assured his future development was promising, and that Klaus' spot on the team would provide the strength they needed to either keep competing or push into that competitive zone. Above all, Berlin impressed Klaus in their conversation. Aside from a spot on the OL, Berlin gave the impression that this team could really become Klaus' home. This was quite ironic for him since he was originally born in Germany and grew up there before moving to the states. When the trade published and his departure for Berlin was confirmed, he was very excited for this unexpected chance at a homecoming.
The team has been amazing so far, and Klaus already feels like he belongs alongside those on the team and in the locker room. The deal shocked Klaus, and he never would of thought he was worth that much as a player. This couldn't have been possible without Colorado's understanding and willingness to work with him through this deal, so he is incredibly thankful. Klaus' motivation has returned, his training has increased, so the league better watch out for this young OL.

Code:
14. Expansion Expansion Expansion! Tell us why you think the league should expand / not expand or include any ideas (in words) for team branding ideas you have or team locations.

With the recent closure of the Elite Football League (EFL), expansion could be worth considering sooner rather than later. But there's so many considerations to make with that type of decision, so I'll leave it to the powers that be. But! I do want to talk about potential branding, hence why I mention the EFL. Their league had some incredible team locations and logos. Unfortunately, their site appears to be permanently down, so for me at least most of those are inaccessible. But! luckily I am still in two of the team discords, the Manchester Lookout and the Death Valley Rangers, both whom I had played for during my short time in that league. Despite being minor league teams, they had impressive branding. Their team logos were very clean, looking professionally done, and the ideas behind the brands themselves were really fun. For one, I have to admit that I am incredibly biased towards non-human/animal brandings. So with the Manchester Lookout having a lighthouse as their mascot and logo, I was and still am in love. This is such a creative and fun branding. Themes like lighting the way forward are obvious but intriguing when paired with the concept of football and especially with an expansion team. This new team could be considered a bright look at things to come for the ISFL as a whole. As for the Death Valley Rangers, while ranger is practically just a cowboy which has been done plenty of times before, I love the location of Death Valley. Especially when deciding to put a team in California, there are infinite boring options to choose from. Let's give LA one more team shall we? No. We're headed straight for the desert. I prefer the idea of heat or the sun itself to be used as some form of mascot, but that's obviously a bit harder to personify for a mascot/logo, but I'm sure there's other options as well to consider. Maybe something with sand. This location again brings some great opportunities for themes. A new hot destination perhaps? (literally).
While I definitely don't want to just steal teams from another league. I think it is worth considering adapting and improving upon some of those ideas to create something new, creative and fresh, but still pays tribute to the EFL. Unfortunately, the only other mascot/logo I remember really liking was the Kraken and it was purple, but I can't remember the location.

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - crow19 - 05-16-2024

11. Write a short biography or story about your player. This could include background about how they came to the ISFL and how they’ve done so far, a story about their role in an exciting game, or anything else related to their experience in the league.

This past season, Miller Light’s performance was lacking at FS. Despite starting all 16 games, his head was not in the game and his training stalled. This led to a lackluster performance, 34 tackles, 0 sacks (down from 4 the previous season), and only 1 interception. The lack of training clearly did a number on his performance and it was time for a change. The Sarasota Sailfish ultimately decided it was time to move on from Miller Light and traded him to the Colorado Yeti. After speaking with management, Miller Light decided it was time for a change of his own. Miller Light is undergoing a rigorous offseason program to transition form safety to defensive line. This change does not come without its own hurdles, but Miller Light believes it is enough to get him reenergized in the game. His offseason has included twice daily workouts, a dedicated nutritionist, and seven on seven with his new team. The transition to Colorado has been smooth. Light recently took up snowboarding and skiing to stay fit and connect with the fellow Yetis. Miller Light is setting some goals for himself for the upcoming season. He hopes to wreak havoc on the interior of the defensive line and shutdown the run. After the Yeti allowed over five hundred points this last season, and only had one win, they desperately need help on the defensive side of the ball. Light hopes to step in as a leader early on. Consider this the renaissance of Light’s career. Expect big things and a consistent training routine moving forward. The best part about the offseason has been cracking open a cold one with the rest of the team, committing to his position change, and hitting the slopes. Hopefully this change is enough to bring Light back to his earlier glory! Cheers!

14. Expansion Expansion Expansion! Tell us why you think the league should expand / not expand or include any ideas (in words) for team branding ideas you have or team locations.

When it comes to expansion, more is not always the answer. Many suggestions have been made about how many teams there should be, when changes should be made, and where new teams should be located. Well, here is the definitive answer on how to structure the league. With 8 dsfl teams and 14 isfl teams, I think it is time to add two more isfl teams and include a system of team regression for the two worst teams in the ISFL. Currently there are only a handful of international teams between the dsfl and isfl teams, so I think that is where we look first. The first new ISFL team would be the Sydney Marsupials. The second DSFL team would be the Santiago Alapacas. This would introduce more players from around the world into the league. Additionally, a system of regression would help prevent tanking and encourage more competition. This new system would limit the dsfl to 6 teams, create a lower isfl league with 8 teams, and an upper isfl league with 10 teams. This would still delineate the dsfl and isfl but encourage isfl teams to strive for greatness. The new teams, Santiago and Sydney, would start in the lower ISFL. The current top 10 teams regardless of division (San Jose, Arizona, New Orleans, Orange County, Chicago, Baltimore, Cape Town, Yellowknife, and Austin) would begin in the upper ISFL. The lower ISFL would then be Sydney, Santiago, New York, Berlin, Honalulu, Colorado, Minnesota and Tijuana. The DSFL would be the remaining teams, London, Portland, Bondi Beach, Norfolk, Kansas City, and Dallas. DSFL teams would then remain in the dsfl, and the top two lower isfl teams and bottom two upper isfl teams would switch at the end of every season. I am looking forward to expansion and the changes to the structure of the league!

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - araa - 05-16-2024

3. Another season has ended (S48) so let’s see how it went and what awaits us in the future.
Starting with ASFC, last place went to Honolulu Hahalua which is something everyone knew about, so I can only congratulate IceBear on successful tanking. As for the future, well, actually on the offensive side of the ball HON starts to look pretty good, with QB in prime, powerhouse of the RB and up and coming WR corps, alas their defense is subpar. Next season prediction: 7th.
6th place last season went to New York Silverbacks, exactly as I predicted, for this upcoming season they might even challenge HON for last place. Definitely an ageing squad, although they do have some promising rookies, opposite of HON decent defense but not so good offense. Next season prediction: 6th.
Tied for 6th last season - Austin Copperheads, which I had at 5th so pretty accurate, a slightly better version of NYS, they have good QB but question we have to ask, can RBs replace WR, as AUS has almost none to speak of and again decent defense. Next season prediction 5th.
4th last season - Orange County Otters, a disappointment for this team which I had as ASFC number 2. Here we have good pass team lacking impactful RB with middling defense, they do have some decent rookies waiting in the wings but that’s thing of the future. Next season prediction 4th, but easily could swap places with AUS.
3rd last season - New Orleans Secondline, I had them at 4th for last season but honestly it was pretty close between top 4 of ASFC. Now for this next season this team to be the most stacked out of all league, so if they fail to secure first place you have to ask what GMs are doing.
2nd last season but also The Champions - Arizona Outlaws, had them as number 1 which didn’t happen but they won Ultimus so all is fine. Now this team is not getting younger but for this season will still be force to be reckoned with but I’m slightly worried for their future. Next season prediction 2nd.
1st place last season - San Jose SaberCats, last season I had them going for 3rd so they definitely exceeded my expectations, they’re well rounded team, not too old not too young with decent rookies in DSFL but considering rest of the league I’ll place them again at 3rd for next season.
Now, NSFC – last place Colorado Yeti, which I had going for the 2nd place but instead the tanked harder than HON, not sure what I was smoking. Definitely worst team in the league with only one player over 1000 TPE. Last place again.
6th - Berlin Fire Salamanders was my selection for last place last season but then Yeti happened. But to be honest they’re not much better than COL. Next season prediction 6th.
5th - Sarasota Sailfish was my pick for 6th place last season (Damn you Yetis), now this season I think they might shake things up, probably one of better defenses in the league and top RB, ageing QB and lack of elite WR might weight the down however. Next season prediction 4th.
4th - Yellowknife Wraiths which I as you might have guessed had at 5th. Not as good defense as the Fish although still pretty good and no top of the line RB but instead QB in his prime and elite WR. For now I’ll rank them 5th for next season.
3rd - Cape Town Crash now this is a disappointed and I can’t even blame COL, had them winning NSFC, but instead they fell flat, QB that’ll probably run a lot but for a team with top of the line RB and WR is it actually a good thing? Also kinda feels like it might be the best defense in the league. Next season prediction – 2nd.
2nd - Baltimore Hawks which I had at 3rd last season. For this upcoming season they’ll go with top 2 RB system, along with elite WR and QB, will they pass, will they run? Dunno, but they’ll be good at it. And again as seen with most of the top teams they have heavily invested in defence. Next season prediction 1st.
1st - biggest surprise of the season, Chicago Butchers, had them at 4th, so apologies to all the Butchers. This season I don’t think it’ll go as well, they QB is way down into the regression and they defense is while good not as stacked as some other teams. Next season prediction – 3rd.

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - r0tzbua - 05-16-2024

16. Describe your player and/or team’s journey through this latest season. What were the highlights? What were the lower points? What might you have done differently? What are your expectations for next season?

Everyone knew from the beginning of the season this would be a down season for the Berlin Fire Salamanders. I do not want to say tanking, because if we would have tanked we would have been very bad at it, but no one expected too much from us including ourselves. We have a young core, up and coming players and were never an Ultimus contender. That said, the 6-10 record positively surprised me a lot. We ended up second last in our conference in the end, but the record should have been even worse if we are being honest to ourselves.

We started out losing all four of our pre-season games which lowered expectations even more, but crushed into week one on the tankbowl by beating out the Honolulu Hahaluas in a good game 35-24. Honolulu tried a comeback in the 4th quarter by scoring two touchdowns but in the end it was not enough because Berlin started a good game.

So we were all a bit surprised by how good we looked, how good the rookies looked and how good the QB performed but what came afterwards did not surprise that much. Dropping four consecutive games to Baltimore, Chicago, Sarasota and Cape Town was pretty much expected, especially since these were supposed to be quite good teams.

Thus started a bit of a pattern this season, win a game, drop a couple afterwards. Week 6 brought us to Colorado and a nice win against the Yeti only to drop the next three again. In Week 10 Berlin collected their next win to sweep the Yeti successfully for the season with a close 27-21 win. One of the biggest surprises for the season may have come in Week 12 which showed us why "Any given Sunday" is a thing beating the second place Baltimore Hawks in a great 36-30 win. While we still had somewhat of a chance for the highest pick then (although very minimal) Week 14 and 15 brought wins over the Copperheads and Wraiths to close the season out 6-10 with a loss in the final week against conference champions Chicago.

So generally a good season. The outlook for next season is much better I think with our young core getting better and I do not think we should change too much in our strategies. Continue to build the team, and trust the process.

397 words - 5 TPE

23. What are your thoughts on the sim engine? What sort of improvements would you make to the sim engine if given the opportunity? 

I think there are a lot of improvements we could bring to the sim engine. One of my biggest pet peeves is the inability for game time decisions. I know it is hard seeing how we handle tactics and strategies and a lot of the GMs do not have the time to sit and watch a live sim to make coaching decisions, but I think the ability to do so would increase the importance of General Managers of the teams in a more head coaching style role.

Some things I could see working there would be rotation of players or changes to the general game strategy if your team is ahead a lot or behind a lot. Or simply taking underperforming players out as a possibility.

Another thing that I think is happening is that Random Number Generation still plays too big of a part in the sim engine. While I get why it is necessary I think it should be toned down.

163 words - 2.5 TPE

26. if your player wasn't a professional in the ISFL/DSFL, what would they be doing instead?

If Pitter Patter did not go into professional football I think he would be a pretty serviceable hockey player still. While he played as a junior and only later decided to switch to football, he still has the Canadian hockey genes inside him that would at least get him to AAA league play. Pitter Patter enjoyed hockey a lot like any good Canadian would and has gotten quite good at it in the past. While his cousin Wayne Shoresy (who funnily enough looks exactly like him) had a short, but good stint in baseball he always felt more attached to hockey.

If he would not be doing any sports at all he would probably follow in his families footsteps and do some good old choring on the farm in Ontario. He still plans to do that after retirement because the simplicity and friendship is something Pitter Patter thoroughly enjoys. Just the well planned daily chores is something that is very close to his heart.

164 words - 2.5 TPE

10 TPE TOTAL

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - bfry - 05-17-2024

TASK 8:
I decided to join the league on a whim after being drafted by the New Orleans Rougarous in the Pro Baseball Experience.  A couple of members started to talk about the International Simulation Football League and I thought it might be a fun little experiment to see what it would be like.  The players that talked up the league were lemonpuppy and zayn.  I had played with zayn before in a few different circumstances.  I think the most we spoke together was during a season of PBE Survivor which took place years ago but was fun to get to know folks.  Enough about the history of who brought me in.  My expectations were relatively low for the league.  PBE is already taking a good chunk of my time once a week to keep up on tasks and to do my job as a banker there.  I was starting to wind down on my commitment level which was feeling pretty good.  My hope was that this league would be relatively low effort needed to have fun and run a player out there that could make a difference for whatever team picked me up.  So far, I think I have met my  own expectations and maybe even exceeded them a little bit.  I think I was the 32nd pick in the DSFL draft.  I moved from OL to RB to help out the team and I have had a lot of fun in Bondi Beach.  The team is doing well.  We made the playoffs just to get ousted in the first round, but you have to punch your ticket to the dance to even have a chance.  Sim gonna sim.  That said I think being able to more easily identify what claims are available to you and what you have actually claimed would be helpful.  Almost like a built in audit.  Also, the fantasy football side of things could be a little easier to understand.  At the moment, I’m floundering and hoping to do better in season two.

TASK 11: 
Stone Wall was born the youngest of 3 children to a middle class family in New York City’s Bronx borough.  His older siblings were both sisters.  Their names are Ivy and Green.  Stone’s parents are well respected community leaders.  His dad is a leader in the local mason’s union and his mom is a part time librarian at the local public school that all three children attended.  Stone grew up playing any sport that he found people playing in the parks that he frequented from the time his parents trusted him to go off on his own.  Basketball, stickball, street hockey, football were all parts of his youth.  Playing multiple sports growing up helped Stone to develop different aspects to his add to what can only be described as a physical prowess that reflects his name.  The kid was built like a damn wall from the time he was ten.  He spent a lot of time playing positions that would befit someone that size.  He was always on the line or under the basket or guarding net or playing catcher.  He enjoyed helping the team more than the glory of individual accomplishment, but over time he started to see that just because he was a certain size he did not need to fit some mold that was dictated by his genetics.  He saw athletes like Shaq, Mike Alstott, Reggie White, and Bartolo Colon play with the grace of a ballerina while being the size of a flippin’ tank.  This got Stone to start working on his footwork and his agility.  By the time Stone got to college, he was still working on these things but coaches and scouts could really not see past his physical size.  Yes, those attributes were helpful but he needed to fit into a box for those individuals and thus Stone was drafted into the DSFL as an OL, but then coaches let him free during the second year there and Stone became one of the up and coming RBs in the DSFL and he was drafted by New Orleans Second Line at the tail end of the 2nd round of the ISFL draft.

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - WildfireMicro - 05-17-2024

Task 19:

I am new to the Sarasota Sailfish, but if they were going to build a new stadium I think one of the cool new additions would be a fish tank around the stadium. Basically it would be filled with all kinds of exotic fish including Sailfish and be visible all across the stadium. I also think a beach area on the top of the stadium for the VIPs during games would be pretty cool. Maybe also add a Team HOF area filled with the statues and memorabilia of many Sarasota team greats? Also there could be an official team seafood restaurant that's open all the time, even when the team isn't playing.

The restaurant could also have several 4K TVs showing all the games from various sports including the ISFL. Also they could possibly host contests and competitions where the winners would won ether jerseys of a player or a jersey with a customized last name. Basically I just think that the stadium could go full steam ahead with the sun and fun motif.

Task 21:

This task will be an easy decision for Adam Journey: his show would be a travel show known as Taking a Journey with Adam Journey. Basically Adam would get into his large RV during the offseason along with a camera crew and travel all across North America and even beyond through flying. The first episode would focus on his home state of Kentucky, with him visiting historical areas in both Louisville and Lexington. Be would even revisit his old college football team in the Kentucky Wildcats. The next episode would focus on Tennessee, specifically Nashville and Memphis where he tries barbeque and spicy food from both parts of the state.

Food would be a big part of his show, as Adam does really love food. He would make a point of trying local cuisine from everywhere he visits. Basically instead of being a journeyman and traveling from team to team, this will be the way that Adam Journey's true journey will happen. After all, he loves being on the road.

Task 32:

Adam Journey sees that a lot of celebrities have started podcasts, and wanting some exposure he decides to create his own known as 1st And 10 With Adam Journey. Basically this one will feature Adam talking about various aspects of the ISFL and about being a player in there, including his journeys to various cities and what the most notable part of them is. He would record the podcasts from a setup that works while he is driving his RV, and the video of the podcast would feature various players and workers from the ISFL along with celebrity guests traveling in his RV as they talk.

The podcast will always start with Adam going to pickup his guest from a meeting point while he talks about what the episode will include, and he will always start the podcast by saying "Welcome to 1st and 10 with Adam Journey, the most mobile podcast on the Internet! I am Adam Journey on my way to pick up today's guest".

Task 36:

PBE affiliate PT

RE: (S48) Offseason Task - Alikh - 05-17-2024

12. Write about your team’s biggest rivalry and what makes it so fierce. Is the competition founded in statistics and the team’s recent performance, or is it a rivalry that developed over time during the team’s history that would exist regardless of statistics?

Any team I have been on, or will be on, has one rival.  And it is not a specific team, but a power behind that team.  That rival is the simulation force that is @Twenty6  This rivalry is present in every way you can measure success or failure- statistics, records, sim luck, war room capabilities, etc. If there is a such a thing as je ne sais quoi in the ISFL sim world it is he.  During my first player's tenure on the Cape Town Crash, the Butcher's were our achilles heel.  No matter the record or TPE rankings mattered going into that match up, it was one Cape Town was destined to lose.  Even sim testing (on our end) didn't play a factor.  A game tested at 85% win rate would end up a loss of 24-10 and kneecap us going into playoff seed position.  And it wasn't just a problem when Twenty6 was a Butcher.  Once he was traded to the Honolulu Hahalua, their war room got a sim boost that now defied the odds and became nigh unbeatable.

Now anyone reading this with a knowledge of history may ask- why is this strictly a rivalry, and not simply a benefit of Twenty6 being on a team?  Were you not GM of London for many seasons?  Wasn't Twenty6 doing sim testing back then as well?

The answer to that is simple.  Yes, he was a big part of our war room when I was GM.  And yes, I relied on his strats most weeks.  But did it net us an Ultimini?  Could I add a DSFL ring to my resume?  No.  In fact, I believe Twenty6 spent those many seasons laying the foundation of "hey we almost won" week to week purely in order to make it hurt more when the mask came off and he became the opposing force and voice of the sim gods against any team I played for since.

Code:
325 words

Lheorvine Adebisi's heart pounded and sweat poured down his brow.  He crouched on the line of scrimmage, knees bent, fingers twitching. His eyes scanned the defense before locking onto the opponent directly in front of him.  A massive offensive lineman with the same look of pent up aggression just begging for an outlet. Adebisi barely heard the snap count before the chaos of motion and muscle that ensued.

In an explosion of adrenaline and personal disregard for safety, Adebisi surged forward. His cleats tore into the turf. Contact was violent as a collision of pads, helmets, and raw physics sent shockwaves through his frame. He felt the lineman's arms pull at his jersey trying to purchase a few more seconds of life for the quarterback behind him. It didn't work.  Adebisi has smelled blood in the water as he saw the quarterback doing his reads, his back slowly turning away from the wrestling match on the line.  Adebisi twisted his body, shoved his way forward, and drove his entire mass through the lineman before tossing the off balance tackle to the ground like the afterthought he really was.

The pocket continued to collapse on all sides. Adebisi saw the quarterback's eyes darting frantically, searching for an open receiver. Lunging forward with every ounce of strength he took a first step, then another, gaining speed and momentum.  Another offensive lineman came into view, but it was too late.  Adebisi was too heavy and going too fast to be stopped.

He dipped his shoulder and powered though, driving the quarterback's last hope stumbling off to his left. Finally having found an opening downfield. the quarterback started to pull his arm back, but it was too late.  Adebisi launched himself forward, both arms out wide and tall in case the pass was made in time. It did not.  Time slowed.  His arms closed around the quarterback as his weight made contact with the opponents pads. He felt the resistance, the struggle, the desperation. Adebisi took step after off balance step forward until both bodies were crashing down to the turf.

Impact blurred his vision for a moment. He lay there in silence, heart pounding out of his chest, sucking in wind from the exertion.  Sound came back as teammates' arms pulled him up, shouts now ringing in his ears and hands battered his body in celebration. He looked down at the ground where the quarterback still lay sprawled out. His first sack, a clean kill.  The first of many to come...

Code:
418 words