International Simulation Football League
(S48) PT #4 - Victory! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! (/showthread.php?tid=51618)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - Middy - 06-14-2024

I think that celebration with the entire team is very important. I have seen on other teams that some of the star players go out and celebrate either with the other stars of the team or celebrities after a victory. This kind of mentality leads to division in the team. Football is a game that is truly one of the last team sports. You need everyone from the QB, LBs, WRs, OT, Ks to all perform well. This is not a game like soccer or basketball where one player can take the team to victory through a level of heroic effort. What is required is the leaders of the team to set the standard and make sure that everyone partakes in the celebration. Some of the most respected players in the football are the ones that understand that they cannot do something alone. I've seen QBs spend big money on their OTs to show that they are appreciated. I think that the entire coaching staff should also be involved in these victories. Everyone on the team has to be performing well. Taking the team out to dinner and having the stars of the team pay for it would be awesome. If the team wins before going on a bye week, then doing a team celebration activity that is also a team bonding activity like paintball would be awesome as well.

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - hemhem - 06-14-2024

Well La'Fluke and the rest of his team cannot relate to winning currently since we are the only winless team in the league right now. But, if we win a game this season, I would be very happy. I don't know what the others would do, but I would for sure take the team out to eat after our next practice. The veterans would pay for the rookies ( or just let Beatz pay for everyone).

It is a team sport, so I would want to celebrate with the entire team. Coaching staff, GMs, Head Coaches, etc etc. Because, it is a well deserved win an we worked hard for it. All the planning and drills, scrimmages, 7 on 7s, all of it would pay off. Then we would get back to grinding our asses off to attempt to get another win. It's not easy to get a win especially if you are a young team like the Colorado Yeti.

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - AJay887 - 06-14-2024

Wins for the Copperheads this season have been far too few and far between. Each win is valued and treasured as a result, since our team definitely seems to be struggling a bit. This does seem to be a commonality though, with 4 teams in the ASFC only having 4 wins each, and 8 losses. This was especially the case early on in the season when we started off 1-7. In the early days with very few wins under our belt, we needed to make sure that any future wins led into another one. The positive energy from riding the high of victory needed to carry us into the next game to keep up the pace. And after heading out to dinner each victory, morale has been high recently, even leading to an upset of the 1st place Secondline. Hopefully, in the case that we don't make the playoffs this season, we can keep the momentum from the back part of the season, and carry that over to have a better start next season.

175 words

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - caravaggio - 06-14-2024

The Cape Town Crash have been winning a lot this season, this week they broke into double digits to share the conference lead. That said, each win is important to the team and the players, and it’s good to celebrate that when possible. As a veteran of the league I like to help promote moral on the team by keeping high spirits, even when the team loses. When the team wins, that pump up goes to the extreme, I want to make sure that all the players feel included and know that they helped make the team success in their own way. I mostly do this by meeting with as many players one on one that I can, and let them know what a great job they are doing and to please keep it up. I like to think that positivity is working well, and may even be infectious. I see a lot of other players help prop up the team and promote that great morale. Is it helping us win? Maybe. Is it helping everyone feel good about their contributions? Absolutely.

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - qWest - 06-15-2024

Winning in college football started with partying. So did losing to be fair or really just about anything, but there was a really difference in the vibe on campus when the team won. Just a big vibe change between drinking and partying too get past the loss versus just getting to all out celebrate.

I.Q. wouldn't partake in the full debauchery of party scene, but he of course did his due diligence to make appearances across campus along with some other players.

Along with a couple of his closest friends and after making a relatively swift exit from the party scene, I.Q. could always be found at Dick's Drive-In after a win. They would post up in the back of his friend's truck, I.Q. with his Dick's Deluxe, fries, and a strawberry shake, and they could separate themselves from the craziness of football, college, and everything and enjoy a simple time, chatting away deep into the evening.

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - .simo - 06-15-2024

The way I celebrate with all my team mates when the Outlaws from Arizona win a game of foot ball in the International Simulation Football League is to invite all my Arizona Outlaw team mates around to my house to have a big BBQ and have an esky full of beers and other drinks so that people can just relax and enjoy the day. Some of us drink beers, some of us drink rum, some of us drink gin, some of us drink vodka. Of course if you don't want to drink alcohol that is fine also we have lots of soft drinks and the food is amazing. We have snags on the BBQ along with steak and kebabs and there is pasta salad and potato salad and even normal green leafy salads if you want to eat those. The whole day is just amazing with such a great spread of food. Just a great day of fun and friendship.

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - ComebackZak - 06-15-2024

As soon as Frank Dux's team wins a game, he takes care of his body before anything else as he is the starting running back for the New York Silverbacks. Frank is well into his playing career and it is certainly getting harder and harder to take the hits he takes on a weekly basis. First thing he does is take an ice bath for roughly 10 minutes then hops into the teams sauna for another 10 minutes. Throughout this process Frank is constantly hydrating and getting electrolytes. Following all of this healthy activity to start his post-game recovery, Frank grabs a beer with his teammates in celebration and to have some appreciation and gratitude for playing the game he loves with teammates he considers family. Following a couple beers with the team, Frank treats the offensive line to a dinner either that night or a following night as his thanks to the guys up front who help him do what he does best.

Code:
164 words

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - KC15 - 06-15-2024

A victory?  For the Berlin Fire Salamanders?  Knowing how to celebrate a victory in Berlin is a little difficult.  We haven’t exactly had a lot of opportunities to do so with a record of 4-9.  I guess we know a little more about it than Colorado though.  Poor Yeti have yet to win a game in 13 game.  Ouch.

But as an aspirational goal, here’s how I see us celebrating.  By buckling down and doing the same analyses of why we won – and how we might not have – as we normally do when we lose.  Sure, it’s nice to drink some bubbly or dance around the locker room, but let’s save that for when we have a better than .500 record, right?  You can learn a lot from a loss as you sit down and thoughtfully go over every play of the game.  But you can learn a lot from a victory as well as long as you do the same.  And that is how you go from 4-9 to 9-4.

Code:
171 words

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - kenvald - 06-15-2024

SHL affiliate

RE: (S48) PT #4 - Victory! - RDBSouthPaw - 06-15-2024

SHL Affiliate

*My username is SouthPaw in the SHL