International Simulation Football League
(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! (/showthread.php?tid=16070)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - youngcricket - 10-19-2019

Our team defense is very good in my opinion. At the helm we have Raymond Vans who is amongst the elite defensive players in the entire league. He is a linebacker that gets sacks, gets tackles, and takes care of the opposing team in coverage. He is also a great leader in the locker room, whic his really helpful. Then there is me, Leighton Lee. I believe that I am a cog in the middle of the defense and do a good job of racking up tackles to help stop the run game. I could definitely be better in pass coverage but am good at wrapping up the opponent. Some people odn't think I'm very good but I don't really care. Then there is Lamont McKinnie, who is a superbly talented defensive back for us. He plays safety and nickel and has shown a lot of talent and potential as a young player. Bucky Barnes and Lucas Knight are also in the secondary and are two incredible players for the squad. I think we hae a lot of talent we just need to put it together a bit better on the field. There is no defense I would rather be a part o as of right now.

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - RaiderNation - 10-20-2019

PBE PT 14-3

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - run_CMC - 10-20-2019

The Austin Copperheads’ D is large, powerful, and loves to get physical, and I can’t wait to watch it be slapped across the face of opposing defenses. What we lack in length (our cornerbacks don’t have the longest arm span ever) we make up for in girth. Our two defensive tackles have such an impressive radius that, even with average length, they’re able to intensely dominate the opposing QB, forcing him to evacuate the ball before he’s even able to enjoy himself back there in the pocket.

For real though our defensive line is a beast. The combination of Dick Wizardry, as well as recent trade acquisition Brayden Ennis and young draftee John-Caleb Bradberton, means that the Austin interior line will be a force for seasons to come. And of course, veteran defensive edge Grayson Kuusela, who hasn’t lost a step and is an impressive combination of speed agility and power, rounds out a very strong group. From the defensive line, I now move to the second level and the line backers, who are another young squad. Honda Edmond from the S17 draft and rookie Net Gaines from S18 mean yet again, the Austin defense is looking powerful for the future. And let’s not forget that absolute bum Dermot Lavelle Jr. He’s pretty okay on his good days I guess. (I love you dermot)

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - Zeddez - 10-20-2019

PBE Affiliate PT

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - SDCore - 10-20-2019

PBE Claim

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - esilverm - 10-20-2019

SHL PT

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - manicmav36 - 10-20-2019

The S18 Yellowknife Wraiths have, on paper at least, arguably the best defense ever to grace the field in the history of the NSFL. Hyperbole? No, I really don’t think so. We’ve seen some great defenses in this league, usually anchored by a handful of outstanding players. The Wraiths, however, are amazing throughout. Let start with a group near and dear to my heart, the defensive backs. The Wraiths have 6, yes 6 quality starters available to them, all above the league average TPE for starters in their position. Starting at safety, the Wraiths have Uchiha, Kroustis, and Lewis, with 578 being the lowest amount of TPE. Even more impressive, they’re all S15 players, meaning they have a lot more time to grow. At CB they have the #1, #2, and #15 (rookie) rated CBs by TPE. To put how impressive this number is, Snuggles, with 1147 TPE, has more combined TPE than the CBs of 3 different teams. At linebacker, they have the highest TPE defender in the league with Danny Grithead lined up at SLB, and Alex Selich, who also has over 1000 TPE, starting opposite. Rookie LB Maurice Virtanen comes in to spell with 340 TPE. At defensive tackle, they have the fourth highest TPE player at their position in Ryan Leaf Jr., while Thomas Clark next to him is the one real hole this defense has. The defensive line is anchored on the ends by Nero Alexander, the highest TPE DE in the league, and Luke Smyles, a better than average starter.

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - goodfortunecoffee - 10-20-2019

Although infrequently present in the Philadelphia Liberty locker room, due to running back and general manager duties 2,700 miles southwest in sunny and beautiful Tijuana Baja California, the members of the Liberty have certainly left an impression on young Fuzzy Dotson. Both sides of the ball offer unique personalities, but let's hone in specifically on the players of the defense.

The Liberty feature one of the top secondaries in the NSFL. Star Emondov Emoji and the blossoming Julian McMorris lock down the primary targets of opposing quarterbacks. Already this season they've each grabbed a pass each, killing drives. Richard D' Atorria V, known lovingly as Numbers amongst friends and teammates, plays the strong side, or "Sam" linebacker position. He has already 4 sacks in as many games this season and also leads the whole league in passes defended with 9. Atorria originally played at the Free Safety position in his early days, but at Philadelphia that position is held by Lennox Garnett. LG, a seasoned veteran from the S11 draft class, is the wise leader of the defense. Always offering wisdom on anything ranging from being a defensive ballhawk to investment opportunities in an ever-evolving global market, to holistic skin care remedies that Fuzzy himself has put into regular use. Zach Hall, the 2nd overall pick in the recent S18 draft and recent convert from the Tight End position to Defensive End, adds a passionate flair and youthful energy to the locker room. Already he has shown leadership qualities, likely attributed to his managerial experience at beach-related DSFL squads. Zach also interestingly smells faintly of curly fries, a very distinctly different scent from your run-of-the-mill home fry.

Despite the rough start to the year in the Win column, this team and defense shows abundant talent and potential, and look for the Philadelphia Liberty to turn things around sooner than you think.

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - MrStennett - 10-20-2019

Defense does win championships. As a matter of fact, it wins two of them over my career with the Otters. The Fanta Curtain (mad props to @Trautner for naming the unit) Has been a huge part of Orange County's success over many seasons, and calls some of the greatest defensive players in league history alumni. Names like Winchester, Bavitz, and Grithead are some of the greats that have played for the Otters, and this current iteration of the Fanta Curtain are developing some big names of their own. I have to throw my very own Thorian Skarsgard onto that list, as he is a two time Defensive Lineman of the Year winner and currently sits at 61 career sacks. You can't talk enough about SLB Lanzer Grievous. The guy can do a little bit of everything, covering the pass and rushing the quarterback. One of the biggest names on the defense is Dan Schneider. He's a Defensive Back of the Year winner and a threat to pick a pass every time it's thrown near him. I have no concerns about the defense of this team and I believe that they will end the season as one of the top defensive units in the league. It's a great honor to play for this unit and this team, and I'm looking forward to winning at least one more title here.

228 words

(S18) - PT1 - Defense wins Championships! - moonlight - 10-20-2019

PBE PT