International Simulation Football League
S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! (/showthread.php?tid=16348)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Eco - 11-21-2019

1) Playoff Predictions, Reviews
[Image: JhvhzfA.png]

3) All about the QBs
[Image: zNb6gt7.png]

18) Banner
[Image: IjrfM4x.png]

20) Let’s get Wild!(card)
[Image: gqLmLiN.png]

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Fordhammer - 11-21-2019

1) PBE PT

1) Playoff Reviews
For my playoff review this year, I am going to talk a little bit about the Wraiths vs. the Otters in the Ultimus game. Both teams had very strong seasons, with the Orange County Otters coming in at 10-3 and the Yellowknife Wraiths coming in at 11-2 with only 2 close losses. The Wraiths were the heavy favorites coming into the game, with the odds rumored to have been about 65-35 with prior testing by both teams. However, the game came down to less than a TD with the Otters pulling off the victory 16-10. Cooter Bigsby, who would go on to win MVP, had a very hard time moving the ball against this staunch Otters defense. He finished with 2 interceptions, 1 TD and 20/36 on 246 yards passing. Not a terrible game, but the Wraiths failed to score a TD until the waning minutes of the 4th quarter, and it just wasn’t enough. Their running game also had a tough time getting going with Canton and Marshall combining for onlly 67 yards on 17 carries. All in all, an outstanding game for the Otters defense and a really tough one for the Wraiths offense. Who knows how differently this game would play out in a repeat matchup, but for now the Otters got the better of this one.

6) Our Time

Philly’s time is coming. Mark my words. While this year was not their strongest, finishing at a poor 4-9, the future looks bright. The S18 draft class has worked out very well for them, where they were able to grab several active earners by trading some capital to acquire more picks in the draft. The defense will be anchored by the usual players like Emondov Emoji, D’Attoria, Garnett, McMorris and some old farts who won’t seem to show up to practice or retire, but somehow manage to make it to games. In addition, new players like Zach Hall, Dylan Kassel who was acquired in a trade between NOLA and PHI that included them sending a very high draft pick in the S19 draft. The team felt great about the trade, as Dylan would have been a top pick were he in S19 anyway, and they get someone who already has a year of experience under his belt now. The offense is pretty loaded too, now, with Sam Torensen re-signing to a monster deal, they’ll look to get him a bunch of carries this year as he starts to peak as an RB. The O-line will be much improved with better deals on the books, as well. Avon Blocksdale Jr. is the QB of the future for this team, and while there are still holes to fill, the Liberty are in pretty good shape to be a contender for years to come.

20) Let’s get Wild!(card)

This wildcard game turned out to be a bit of a blowout, as the Hawks beat the Yeti 31-0. This game was all Hawks from the get-go, with them jumping out of the gate with a 14-0 lead in the first quarter. If you thought Cooter choked in the Ultimus, then McDummy’s performance in this game will not be much better. He only managed 211 yards on 37 attempts, with only 14 completions. He had 2 picks and a passer rating of 34.9. Not a good outing at all. The Yeti had a little success on the ground, with Vincent and Taffy (who has rumored to have put on a ton of weight in the offseason) combining for around 130 yards. The Baltimore offense on the other hand had a pretty efficient game all around. Bigby and Trevor had 3 TDs on some short yardage goalline plays, and about 100 yards rushing. Sunnycursed led the Hawks receivers with 84 yards on 6 catches and a TD from 26 yards out in the first quarter. Baltimore’s defense was led by their stalwart defenders like Horne, Asipi, Acho, Terim, Green and Co. Jimbo and Green both grabbed interceptions to seal the Yeti’s fate. Should be interesting to see how these teams fare next season with different lineups for both!

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Duilio05 - 11-21-2019

Interview @Tomasnz
1) How has the journey been to getting Austin to their first playoff appearance?

Honestly the journey there was funner, although dropping two games right at the end of the season to get into the playoffs with a losing record stung a little and didn't feel like the way we wanted it to happen. And losing the first game fairly roughly definitely added to that slight sourness. Which is sad for our record season!

2) What parts of your career are you proud of?

Being part of Austin's first wins as a franchise ever! But now thier first playoffs too! And also. While it hasn't turned into TDs or yards in a big way yet. I am improving each season so that has been super satisfying and the trust I am building with Cole I think is really going to show over the next few season.
Just as an aside, big regret of mine is not being able to spend a second season with the marshals. Was a great vibe you guys got going post TC.

3) What goals do you have for the rest of your career?

Win the ultimus. Boom done. I want to be part of the first expansion to win it big. If I can squeek a TEotY nom or win along the way. That would be amazing. But team before me.

4) How can Austin improve to make the Ultimus?
I think we have shown we are able to go blow to blow with the best of the league putting up defensive and offensive displays this season. What we need to do now is be more consistent.

Review.
The National Simmulation Football Conference Championship was a rematch of last seasons NSFC Championship between Yellowknife Wraiths and Baltimore Hawks. As with last time the game was hosted by the Wraiths up in the fridged North. aka Canada. In this rematch of the two NSFC juggernauts the Hawks cruised to a nice 14-6 lead and looking dominant at half time. Initially Havran threw an interception on the opening drive, but the team turned it around and kept the wraiths out of the endzone stopping them at the Baltimore 9. Then unexpiclably, after going the entire season throwing only 9 interceptions, Havran threw 3 interceptions in the second half. He had gone 13 games only 9 interceptions and then had 4 interceptions in one game. rediculous. The Hawks just could recover. and ended up losing 14 - 29 not scoring a single point in the second half. down right ridiculous. Its like some voodoo magic cursed both side of the Hawks team. in the first half the defense only allowed 6 points, 3 of which came from the first int. in the second half the defense allowed 15 points!! it is just plain incredulous that a team this talented did so poorly in the second half of a game to give up a 8 point lead.

Rivalry - DB/QB
It has finally happened. Walt Green did it. Accomplished something that he’s been wanting to achieve ever since joining the National Simulation Football League. Ever since draft day when Baltimore Hawks drafted him in the second. Green has been wanting to intercept his old teammate Cooter Bigsby. Both players played together on the San Antonio Marshals in the Development Simulation Football League. Green really enjoyed his time with Cooter and sees him as a mentor that helped him transition from college to the pros. However, Green has been harboring regret ever since that game in Portland when Cooter threw a last second interception that sealed the S14 Marshals only loss of the season. If they had scored the team would be undefeated. As such Green had been wanting to intercept Cooter. It has been four seasons in the NSFL, but it finally happened. On 1st and 10 at YKW 17 Cooter threw a pass that was intercepted by Walt Green and lead to a Baltimore TD on the very next play. Green ran off the field with the ball and has set it in his trophy case. Now he has a new goal, intercept Cooter and win the game. Or maybe Green will get a sack on Cooter.

Draft Needs
[Image: UW.jpg]

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - MrStennett - 11-21-2019

1. SHL PT Affiliation

*I know I used an NSFL link for a task in this, but I wrote more than enough words as well.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Nuk - 11-21-2019

1. Playoff Reviews:

(New Orleans Second Line vs Orange County Otters)

The stage was set in Orange County, California. It was the first round of the playoffs, and for the Otters, their expectations were sky high. They had won ten games in the regular season, and were the heavy favorites to come home with the Ultimus. But they had to finish it. In order to finish it, they had to finish New Orleans, and that's where the fun began. Dasistwirklichseinnachname kicked it to the eight yard-line, and it was returned by Forrest Gump. He made a move, broke a tackle, and hightailed it to the end zone. New Orleans scored first, and the Otters were shocked. But they had to put that behind them, as it was their turn to get the rock. The first quarter quickly left as soon as it came and New Orleans had the lead. Early in the second quarter, the Otters got life again when a short Dasistwirklichseinnachname field goal cut into the Second Line's lead. Eight minutes later, and the Otters took control of the football eighty yards away from redemption. They were done trailing. They were determined to make a swift end to the Second Line uprising, a club that had reported just five victorious matches. A 29-Yard pass on third down started it, a 15-Yard run continued it, and an 11-Yard touchdown run finished it, with a Dasistwirklichseinnachname missed extra-point concluding the march. Second Line came out the third-quarter firing, quickly giving themselves a 20-9 lead. With 16 minutes remaining in the match, the Otters looked defeated. The rest is history. They scored two touchdowns in the fourth quarter to win the game. Everyone was disappointed, except the few that call themselves 'Otters enthusiasts'. It was a great game, highlighted by the Otters' comeback.

7. Next Year

(Wraiths)

The Yellowknife Wraiths finished their Season Eighteen campaign as a club that reported a whopping eleven matches won and a measly two matches conceded to a different club that had scored more points. They lead the league in wins. They were powerful on the offense and on the defense. They played in the Ultimus and got damn near close to winning it too. As they stood in shocking pain and painful shock, they knew what could've been. Sixteen to ten sank in as daggers. But they weren't going to stand around weeping like moss on a Mississippi tree trunk. Because there are two types of people in this world, those who ain't, and those who are knee-high on a grasshopper. Despite how good that season eighteen was, season nineteen could be even better. The Yellowknife Wraiths are looking toward the future. Season Nineteen will be the year that they hoist the Ultimus Trophy again. Backed by their offense, which is lead by their star QB, and bolstered by their dominant defense, the future is bright for those up north. The one powerful team in the vast remains of the Canadian landscapes. One can only but feel giddy and exuberant when thinking about the future of the Wraiths.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - White Cornerback - 11-21-2019

1) Playoff Predictions, Reviews:
Written: Give a short write up of one or multiple playoff matches. If completed before the airing of the sims have predictions, after if it is a review of the game.
Graphic: Make a graphic displaying the matchups in the playoffs. If completed before sim, predict scores and show stats, if after, give a summary of game showing stats and top performers.

The Ultimus. Obviously now it's over and in case you hadn't realised, I hate Ultimus Week more than anything else in the world. Atleast on the SHL I can avoid it entirely by flat out ignoring it, but here I cant.

Alright so the Ultimus ended the way most people didn't want to. The Orange County Otters won it yet again, what's that like the 6th time? 7th? Now the Yellowknife Wraiths haven't won it since all the way back in S8 which for everybody involved right about now, sucks.

OCO got off the a great start, sinking two touchdowns in the opening quarter while just missing the extra point. Yellowknife couldnt muster a score until two minutes into the 2nd, virtue of a field goal from 23 yards out. Time passed and midway through the third Alex Dumbname hit one from way out at 47 yards.

Yellowknife did have a late fightback when Bigsby threw a 28 yard touchdown to give the home fans some hope but it was not meant to be. Orange County kept them a score away from taking it all home and sadly ran out the winners at a score of 16-10. Orange County takes home it's god knows how manyth championship in NSFL history and we all remain losers.

7) Next year
Written: If your team has been eliminated, why will the next year, or the year after that, be the year that your team is going to win the Ultimus or Ultimini.
Graphics: Create a statistical summary of what improvements your team has made from the previous year or why your team was better than their record.

I'm not going to blow smoke up your ass, Austin probably wont make any great waves next season. We had a bit of a cockup this offseason between releasing Ennis who will no doubt be a huge player in this league despite personal concerns/issues. I believe he can get by them at some point. On top of that we lost our star running back Ashley Owens who we selected first overall in the Draft, a move that while detrimental to the team and as much as both of my GM's will protest the motive, it's warranted. Owens has the right of movement, of freedom. To do what he wants, I will never be anti player movement but let's get back to Austin.

I think we will improve on last years 6-7 record, I'm guessing between 8-9 wins next season and I think despite NOLA's god tier offseason, I still think there's too many holes on that team especially in the secondary to compete next season. Hopefully some salty fucker from the team reads or quotes this to drive up the average views on this shitty thread. I think Austin will make little improvement over last year but still secure a playoff spot. It might be the year after next or even two before we challenge or win it all.

8) Draft Focus
Written: What areas of your team has the biggest holes that you are hoping get filled in the upcoming S19 draft? What round are you hoping it’s filled?
Graphics: Create a graphic showing the holes in your team and what rounds they need to target those replacements.

The biggest hole in the Austin Copperheads team is no doubt at QB. Easton Cole has underperformed like a NSFL's version of Mitch Trubisky, Austin desperately needs to replace Cole.

Austins problem is that they traded out of the first round early this year, turning pick I think number 8 in order to secure next years Chicago pick which the way it's going will likely be first overall and 11th overall, in the second round. Things could change but thats just about what it's looking like now. But who's going to even be there in the second round that's a QB?

Maybe Jay Cue or whatever his name is. Maybe even Waldo's QB guy who's Vega.? Vincent Vega? I can't even remember. But for real though , any glaring gap in the Copperheads team is probably another defensive lineman, another wide receiver or two or maybe even a backup running back.

But most if not all of them problems can be solved by simply changing positions and converting powerful dominant pass rushing linebackers into swift, agile wide receivers with hands that gods would be proud of. I think we're not missing any holes this season and really will just look to keep the core together again and maybe draft some new guys next season really. That's probably the plan going forward but who the fuck knows.

10) Rivalries
Written: Write about another team and why they are overrated and why you want them to lose.
Graphic: Show a statistical representation of why said team is overrated.

The New Orleans Second Line are overrated, but not really as I just need a team to write about for this particular point task. If anything I'm saying they will be overrated, people are hyping them up to have leapfrogged Austin based on their big free agency acquisitions and Austins lack of anything during the offseason. No doubt that New Orleans did well this offseason and more power to them, but I don't think they've got what it takes with that leaky, shoddy, patch work of an attempt thats representing their current secondary.

Many people have already to write off Austin for next season, along the lines that they fluked their way in. But we didn't. The Second Line absolutely collapsed, we had no hand in it at all. Self implosion, baby. Austin might've taken a little downturn this offseason but we skip over that and move forward with the seasons development as we fast track our way into playoff contention for a second consecutive season.

New Orleans are overrated and even if they weren't, I'd still talk about them here because they're a relatively easy target for anybody on the Austin Copperheads. It's just a fact of life, I'm not even trying to sell it too hard.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - bex - 11-21-2019

7) Next year
SA is a great team. It has history. But let’s face it, this was not their year. A rough season followed by an even rougher elimination from the championships. But they’ve made one big change that means that next year, they’ll be hoisting that sweet sweet Ultimini overhead in victory. That’s right, the rebrand of San Antonio to the Minneapolis Grey Ducks is what will set this team on the road to success. The Marshals have always been decent. They are true competitors. They draft fairly well, they practice hard, they take care of their own. But as the Ducks? There’s a group that can really soar. Recent management changes with the former Marshals team has required an amount of adjustment. Now that the Front Office is settled, the team should finally be settling in to their own in the upcoming season. This rebrand is the ultimate sign of confidence from the leadership of this great team. Whether or not I’m right about this being their year to take home the Ultimini, I know that this flock will come together in ways this league has never seen before. Season 19 is the year of the Duck, and you better be ready to see them quack back against teams like Tijuana and Portland.

13) Sit-down with a fan: @casserole
1) What advice would you give to another female player entering the league?

Don't let anybody let you feel like you don't belong here. We're here to have fun, just like the boys, so don't let them steal that for you. If someone wants to try and make a big deal about your gender? Reach out to one of the others. There may not be many of us, but those of us that are here are strong members of this community. We're here for you!

2) How does it feel to make Head of Office relatively quick?

It's an honor to be welcomed in so quickly. I won't pretend like I haven't worked hard to get where I am, but I do know that it is in part the luck of timing too. I expressed interest in the work at the right time to be considered for an internship with Head Office. I worked hard over that season as an intern to earn my promotion to be a full member. I'm extremely proud of what I've managed to achieve so far, and very excited about the seasons to come as I help work to make the league the best that it can be.

3) What is your best memory so far since joining the league?

I think my favorite memory is being drafted in the DSFL. I was still so new to the league and trying my best to feel like I was good. My draft class was huge, and I wasn't sure I had done enough to stand out. I was hoping to be drafted in the first three rounds at least. To have the Norfolk Seawolves trade up to grab me at the end of the first round at 6OA was such an amazing moment for me. I felt on top of the world!

4)Why is Molly the goodest girl?
Molly is the goodest girl because she simply exists. She is sweet and lovely and nice. She likes string cheese and loves her parents. She deserves the entire world, and many many friends.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - Acsolap - 11-21-2019

3) All about the QBs
Written: Write 200 words on one of the QB matchups in this year's playoffs. What are you most excited to see (Or excited to have seen), who will play better (Or who played better), etc.

This year saw the Otters and the Wraiths face off for the Ultima trophy. They came into the quarterfinals with the two best records in the league and managed to get all the way to the finals through almost counter opposite means. Cooter Bigsby had lead the Wraiths to the playoffs and he completed almost as many passes as his opposite Franklin Armstrong even attempted. He also was tied for the lead in number of touchdowns thrown. However come playoff time he struggled through both the quarters and semis barely completing fifty percent of his passes and ultimately only managing to throw for three touchdowns in the entire playoffs. Franklin Armstrong on the other hand shook off a pretty average regular season to power his team to the trophy. Averaging over 14 yards per pass Armstrong didn't throw a single intercept the entire playoffs while also chalking up the same number of touch down passes as Bigsby. With the greater yardage per pass and his laser guided accuracy Armstrong realistically proved the difference between the two teams and allowed Orange County the edge in a very close fought final. This is reinforced by the awarding of the offensive player of the game to Franklin Armstrong in the final.

9) Enemies
Written: Not everyone loves each other, write 200 words on an opposing player or player in this year's playoffs about how they will struggle, why do you want them to lose? (Don't be too mean).

Peter Larson of the Austin Copperheads is a natural rival for Thor Kirkby. Peter's dad of the same name and Thor's dad Rex played together in the junior division of the SHL before becoming division rivals for Manhattan and West Kendall respectively. Despite being fast friends it was natural for an edge to come in when they are both competing for the same title. It is no different between the two sons, despite Rex being older than Peter senior the age difference is swapped with Thor being the younger in comparison to Peter junior. Coincidentally they play on opposite sides of the ball and a large part of the motivation to join the NSFL for Thor is the chance to show Peter who is the boss. Much like his father Peter Jr has shirked in his training and while being a decent player has not excelled to the level that he perhaps could have. Playing an important role such as tight end requires a top end talent and in Larson I think the Copperheads have a weakness. This was brought to glaring attention when Austin was ceremonially dumped out of the playoffs by the Arizona Outlaws where Larson managed only a measly four catches for just over forty yards.

PT affiliation:
SHL championship week

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - SDCore - 11-21-2019

6) Our Time
Written: Why should your team be looked at the favorite to win the Ultimus or Ultimini this season.

The Austin Copperheads are finally here to stay and to win. This season was our best yet and I see no reason for us to slow down or get any worse. We have an All-Star Quarterback, Wide Receiver, and a bunch of stud young defensive players. We came into this season not winning much, but have greatly improved. Easton Cole to Rod Tidwell is going to be a force to be reckoned with. This is the reason I’d say it is our time. We are here to win and it’s clear we mean business. Our defense is also up for many awards, including Defensive Back of the Year. This is all because of the way we draft and develop talent. Once you come to Austin, you don’t want to leave. This is a fact and cannot be disputed. Austin looks to be a contender not only this year but for many, many, years to come and this is great. Especially with the disaster the other expansion team is in. We were once considered a joke, but now we are here, this is our time. Watch us win, and when we do we will be laughing all the way down Main Street with our trophy held high.

7) Next year
Written: If your team has been eliminated, why will the next year, or the year after that, be the year that your team is going to win the Ultimus or Ultimini.

Ok, so ignore the above because this year didn’t happen for us in Austin, which is really sad. I was excited about our team going into the playoffs and thought we had a sneaky good chance at bringing home the championship. Unfortunately, it was not be done, so we have to look at next year. We are set up for the future, Joe and Adam, did an amazing job not only drafting talent, but keeping talent in Austin. Even when we weren’t very good nobody left. This was huge for us as a bonding experience and as a team. Now we are looking at the future right in the face, and it looks good. We have a lot of young core talent and not many old regressing players. This is important if we want to compete for years to come, not just this or next season. I could legitimately see us building a franchise that wins year after year here in Austin. This would be huge and I think unexpected to outsiders, but within Austin we knew that this was the ultimate goal. So not just this year do I think we could win, or even just next year, but years and years I think we have a legit shot at forming a dynasty.

8) Draft Focus
Written: What areas of your team has the biggest holes that you are hoping get filled in the upcoming S19 draft? What round are you hoping it’s filled?

The draft is always a big goal for us in Austin. This year we probably need to get a Running Back and more defensive players. We already have a solid defensive core, but adding more depth is always a good thing. With Owens sadly leaving us we should really look at filling his position long term with a young kid. This would be an amazing thing to get in the first round, because it’s easier to identify talent early on in the draft. With the draft you get some crapshoots and higher picks tend to pan out more often than not. Beyond that I think it would be cool to get a young Wide-out that I could teach the ropes and annoy and pester in the Locker Room. You know, like old brother style, but in the mean/cruel way. That is still ok to do right? We haven’t done away with hazing yet have we? That’s my insight for the draft, but I could be completely off, and to be honest I probably am. Joe and Adam know WAY more than me so let’s leave the drafting to the experts. Hopefully we get whatever we need and they can be a good locker room guy and fit in well with us in Austin.

10) Rivalries
Written: Write about another team and why they are overrated and why you want them to lose.

Let’s do this again, this is my annual, this is why Chicago has been and always will be the worse expansion franchise. Chicago had the better expansion draft, Chicago’s management weren’t fools, Chicago was a better team, Chicago was smart and drafted defense. These are all things you heard at the time of the expansion draft. It made me giggle, as I was taken by the Austin Copperheads. Our GMS had a plan and stuck to it. It has been proven and shown that the Chicago GMs did not have a plan and picked best player available/defense first. While this helped them in season one, it did not help them long term. How many GMs and stuff have they gone through since expansion? It is silly to think that any team not named the Austin Copperheads was the better expansion team. We believed in the cause and the way we were going from day 1. We drafted smart, cool, collected players not divas and outlandish players. Austin went for a vibe, for a locker room, not for pure stats and sim shit. This was super important because we all bought in. Buying in was important. This is why Chicago will always be the “rival” in my head that I could never want to win.

S18 ULTIMUS WEEK!!! - SwagSloth - 11-21-2019

5) Stupid Tiebreaker!
Written: Got screwed by the tiebreaker into making the playoffs of getting a bye? Write about what happened and what it should have been as a tiebreaker?
Graphic: Explain in graphic form why your team was better than the team you lost the tiebreaker to.

When the league expanded to 10 teams, one of the immediate questions was how to handle playoffs. The restrictions of the sim engine forced us to go to 8 top teams, but with 80% of the teams making the playoffs, that feels like it almost defeats the purpose of the season. Unofficially setting it to a top 6 seemed to be the universally accepted way to go and I do think it was the right one. However, that doesn’t change the fact that it stings to have the same record as another team in your conference and miss the playoffs (either technically or completely outright). This season, the Colorado Yeti, 5-8, made it to the NSFC playoff wildcard game while the Chicago Butchers, who were also 5-8, became the sacrificial lamb to the Yellowknife Wraiths. And, whether this was the best solution or not, you can’t fault the Butchers for feeling sleighted. They would go on to lose by 10 points to the #1 seed team while the Yeti lost by 31 points to the #2 seed team. Could Chicago have beat Baltimore? Perhaps, but they never got the chance, instead seeing their play-off appearance treated as nothing more than a glorified cameo. It seems almost guaranteed that other teams will face the same fate in future seasons and, when you’re 5-8, you can’t really complain very much, but in this case, I’ll allow Chicago that privilege.

237 Words

7) Next year
Graphics: Create a statistical summary of what improvements your team has made from the previous year or why your team was better than their record.

Yes! The Outlaws are the best. We were robbed. Every game we won was won by hard work and skill while every game we lost was due to bad sim luck. Okay, maybe every team feels that way. But, as only one of 3 teams with a winning record this season, I think we definitely stand out among the crowd. This is a tight-knit group fueled by a lot of young, motivated talent and, despite some regression, I feel like we’re walking into S19 in good shape. The fact that our two main rivals, OCO and YKW, didn’t pick up a ton of free agents make me feel like this is a good sign. Of course, they’re probably also relieved that we didn’t pick up any high TPE free agents yet (and there’s still time for that), but these are three of the best teams in the league and they’ll continue to be dominant next season. However, we’re coming to win. We’ve proven that we can do it before in S16 and made it to the ASFC Championship in both S17 and S18. This season, we’ll push past this obstacle once more and add one more championship to our trophy case. The Outlaws are as fired up as ever and, after nearly defeating OCO on their own turf in the ASFC Championship, we’re walking into S19 with unfinished business.

230 Words

10) Rivalries
Graphic: Show a statistical representation of why said team is overrated.

Most people know I’m not quick to dump on other teams. I realize that we all work hard and we’re just looking to enjoy the game in a competitive manner. However, the Otters are the Patriots of the NSFL and it’s hard not to hate them on some level. Even if I like members of their team as individuals, they’ve become the Evil Empire and we pride ourselves on every victory we can wrap up against them. The ASFC Championship this year was the highest of highs and the lowest of lows as we nearly came back from a first-half deficit to upset the #1 seed in our conference, only to fall short in the end. We can be proud of the effort, but it doesn’t change the fact that we were THAT CLOSE to taking down the soon-to-be champions. Somehow, even when people expect OCO to drop off, they still rise above the competition. And now they’re coming off a period of rebuilding in which they somehow picked up TWO championships while still cycling in young talent. It defies all logic. And therefore, as a league, we’ll all be rooting against them. And the Outlaws especially will be looking to avenge that loss in the playoffs. A win over the Otters never comes easy, but a win over the defending champions is worth the effort.

226 Words

11) Trades
Written: Talk about a player who was traded this past offseason or before the trade deadline and how they will affect the Ultimus, or how they helped their new team in making the playoffs, or cost their old team.
Graphic: Create a graphic for said player showing how they helped their new team and compare to their old team.

Alright, let’s switch to a positive subject. One trade I was very proud of this season was the trade for Kazimir Oles. We paid a heavy price for him, but that’s what it takes to bring in a superstar, which is exactly what Oles is. He was an immediate upgrade (of about 300 TPE) over Josh Parker and joined Vinny Valentine and Saba Donut in completing a dangerous WR trio that secondaries were bound to lose sleep over. He ended up racking up over 1100 yards and 8 TDs and was clearly a factor in helping the Outlaws break away from the rest of the pack. The battle between the top 3 teams was fierce, but it takes “win now” trades to stay on top and we were willing to take big steps to try and bring home a second championship. We ultimately lost in the ASFC Championship, but Oles is sticking around, which means this is a trade that will continue to pay off as the Outlaws continue their hunt for their next championship. Oles has been a great teammate and we’d be proud to have him up with us on that stage as we lift the Ultimus trophy over our heads once more. We don’t know how long he has left in the league, but if this offseason has been any indicator, he’s got a lot of fuel left in the tank and is still one of the best Wide Receivers in the league.

246 Words