International Simulation Football League
(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends (/showthread.php?tid=23109)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Sutj - 06-17-2020

After a stellar season last year which finished in a championship, Friedrich Vequain and the Luchadores are looking for a repeat and their eighth championship for the franchise. We have lost a few key players such as quarterback Jim Waters, running back Richard Gilbert, WR James Kingston and some key defensive players in linebacker George Fisher and safety Literally Just a Hexagon. However, our remaining cast stands strong and poised for yet another championship run. The capped Ben Slothlisberger remains a Luchadore, and he is in almost a perfect situation with two capped receivers in Friedrich Vequain and Doug Howlett. Rookie running back Crowbar Theeks III should be an effective running back, and should support the lethal Tijuana passing game well. 1st and 2nd round picks safety Maverick Bowie and linebacker Adam Schell should also fill two big holes left by NSFL departures. As for awards, this is the season that Ben Slothlisberger has the best chance of making his case for MVP, with the departure of the elite QB2 Jim Waters, and two capped receivers all to himself. Receivers Vequain and Howlett are also both cases for WROTY, especially after Vequain was depressingly snubbed following his WR1 and elite performance in last year's championship run. The Luchadores are the favorites for the championship this season, and for good reason.

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - NicholasTheGreat - 06-17-2020

The Arizona Outlaws are a team on the rise in the National Simulation Football League. Their squad is full of young, developing and active players who’s peak is still several seasons away. The team was built through the draft and developed to be a key figure in the Season 24 and Season 25 seasons in particular. This will be when the team reaches its peak and all of the young players are ready to develop.
There were a couple of losses through the offseason when Tyler Oles decided to retreat back to Chicago after exercising his options after his rookie year. He won’t be missed in the locker room as his decision was viewed as one of cowardice by the team. A trade sent away a defensive end but we brought in DB Jadakiss through the draft as well as more prospects who are plying their trade in the DSFL.

The Outlaws are pushing for a playoff spot this season and will likely either be the 3rd seed or the 4th seed come playoff time. Several players got nominated for awards last season and the idea for this season is for players to potential win some awards as no Outlaw was able to actually capture the award.

Several players should be close to awards this season including Jay Cue, Heath Evans or Bruce Buckley.

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - jeffie43 - 06-17-2020

As an Orange County Otters player I definitely have lofty expectations for the upcoming season and history is definitely on my side. After all this team has only missed the conference game once, and their run has been nothing short of incredible. 8 rings are you kidding me?

The team as it is right now is where it's always been. In a position to contend. I'm definitely hoping to return back to the Ultimus this season and smack up some of these cocky Yeti players. Sure they can meme all they want and all that but the sad reality is the Yeti franchise has absolutely nothing on the greatness of OCO.

Personally, I'm hoping to make the ballot for Safety of the year this season. I made the pro bowl last season and that's cool and all but I definitely felt snubbed when it came to the Awards Nomination process. As for teammates poised for breakout, I'm definitely going to have to go with my man Tatsu Nakamura (I apologize if I butchered that name but I'm just trying to get this done as soon as possible). The dude is now starting to get more involved in the offense and also has his rookie season under his belt where we all knew he just needed to earn in order to take a big step forward. Also add on the fact that he has been absolutely BALLING in the preseason and week 1? You definitely got a breakout player of the year candidate right here.

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - DarknessRising - 06-17-2020

After a disappointing Conference Championship lose, the Grey Ducks are looking to come back for some vengeance, to right the wrongs of last seasons slow start and upsetting lose so close to glory and to get to lift the Ultimini trophy with the treasure trove of new rookies drafted and returning stars that have led to what will prove to be one of the most phenominal offensives in the DSFL this season.

The Grey Ducks have a formidable line-up to pick apart and defence. Last season’s MVP Sim SnowBow is now capped (update pending) and will be playing at his MVP level from game one. Whilst losing the wide receiver of the year winner in Tychondrius Hood, he still has two capped receivers, award nominee Draymond Brooks who fierce scored TD’s and fellow S23 draftee Kai Sakura who showed consistency and will get more time and receptions to make plays and terrorise defence. In the back-field, a big loss in MVP Jamar Lackson is made up for in yet another capped player, Zed Keppler, who came onboard through a trade last season and put up strong numbers as a RB 2 and now the floor is his to keep the chains moving. Protector of this offensive unit, Julio Jones also comes back for a second season, a capped Offensive Linemen to complete what.

This line-up could see almost all offensive position awards heading to the Ducks’ trophy cabinet and will be entertaining to watch the electricity that these guys play with. They don’t slack in defence either but with a fully loaded offence, any points conceded is never a question of if they will gain back, but rather when they will hit back.

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Jangorhino - 06-17-2020

I got a lot of hope for the upcoming season, even though the season has already been off to a rough start. Chicago is situated with ten long time league veterans as well as a great group of less experienced users. We have a >900tpe superstar WR whole bunch of >400tpe S21-S22 ballers. We also have three great S23 users. Chicago is poised to become a great team in the future and our window of opportunity is wide open!! All the of the teammates will be contributing huge this season to our transition from door mat to contender. We are not hoping for playoff success yet. Our goal this season is simply to improve from the previous year. We will greatly improve our record this season with many more wins than we had last season. More than the win loss totals, we will continue Chicago’s resurgence into league relevance. We are at the ground floor now of something special in Chicago, and I’m personally very excited about the prospect of being a part of, what will be, an amazing rebuild orchestrated by Bayley and Muford! The whole team feels the same way I do and we’re all on the same page. We’re all hungry and we’re busting our asses to earn and update every week. The league will begin to feel our presence this season. Going forward, we will assuredly impact the playoff picture of the league. MVP is poised for a huge breakout season as well as Oles and Smirh and Bayley and Gelbman and Shields and Richards and Julio and Leafer and HEOB and Lim and McCringleberry and everyone else I can’t remember off the top of my head. O’Leary should be in the discussion for an award or recognition.

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - DrunkenTeddy - 06-17-2020

SHL PT

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - WildfireMicro - 06-17-2020

Currently, I see the Chicago Butchers as having a rebuilding year. I don't see us being the worst, but I see us as working towards getting better in the end. Right now I see our active defense as our biggest strength and I think it will have the biggest improvement this season. Currently I like Hingle Mcringleberry on our defense as he is already showing that picking him in the NSFL draft was worth it. I do see us as heading on the right track in terms of draft picks, like picking up me in the 4th round which was a steal.

Ultimately we need to improve our offense if we want to start winning more, which we might do in the draft next season. Or we could have a big time trade you never know. In our first game I think if we had a better offense that wasn't tiring out our defense we would have won. They kept missing opportunities to score in the end. I hope George O'Donnell ends up being great for us as the year goes on and gets some touchdowns. In the end, I love my team and locker room but we are rebuilding right now but we will get better as the rookies like me earn more TPE to improve with.

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Sushi - 06-17-2020

SHL Welfare Claim

I am jfisherr

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - ForSucksFake - 06-17-2020

We had a really good Minnesota Grey Ducks team in S22 with most of our starters making the Pro Bowl. Minnesota overwhelmed the Awards Show with several nominations and some big wins including Offensive Rookie of the Year and MVP. The problem with this is that most of the starters got called up to the NSFL. One of our GMs also took a bigger job and stepped down from his position. We have a good replacement in Voicelesscreator. I feel really confident in his abilities and excited for him to take on this opportunity. As far as returning Grey Ducks, we have me, Kai Sakura, Sim Snowbow, Zed Keppler, Philip Stein, and Ray Ray Jackson. Those are the big names that should be making an impact for Minnesota in S23. I think Sim has a good chance to repeat as MVP. He still has 2/3rds of his WR core from S22. If there's one glaring weakness in Minnesota, it's going to be the defense. Buck Thornton, Matt Krause, Tyron Shields, Dex Kennedy, and Mario Von Pebbles are all playing in the NSFL this year. That's nearly every starter from the dominant S22 squad. Sim Snowbow is going to have to throw it long and hard when we're not running Zed Keppler into the ground. This is definitely a rebuilding year considering how much of the team's core got promoted in the offseason. Despite this, I wanted to come back to my home in Minnesota to help the new players learn how to work in the DSFL and to help my rookie GM. I honestly think we have a chance to make the playoffs but I don't think we'll repeat as first seed in our conference. Sure, we have a couple key capped players but so does Myrtle Beach, London, and Tijuana. We may not be in contention for the Ultimini but I think we'll perform better than most experts will expect.

Code:

(S23) - PT1 - With a Little Help From My Friends - Z-Whiz - 06-17-2020

After a little bit of research, it looks like the Royals were a contender last year. They had a couple first round picks in Bob Bob and Greedy Sly, who are returning to the team. The defense looks stout with returning maxed cornerbacks Mikel Van Perkins and Lesean Paris Crooks locking down opposing WRs. The kicking game is also on point with another maxed player in DatSum PhastBawls. The youngsters were making a big impact in the (albeit) preseason games. Juan Domine and Busch Light were tackling machines.

Offense looks just as good with a maxed out players in three key positions: Colby Jack (QB), Susan Cash Jr (WR), and Danny King (RB). The backup running back, Jacoby Batista, is no slouch either. There are some depth issues for pass catching outside of superstar Cash Jr. London addressed these by selecting 3 pass catchers in Tre'Darius J'Vathon (WR), Gunner Thorbjornsson (WR), and Frank Mitchell (TE). These three accounted for 459 yards on 48 catches, including 3 TDs in the (albeit again) preseason.

Based on my brief experience in the league, I would say the London Royals are one of, if not the, biggest contender to win it all. I'm predicting Danny King will win the DSFL running back of the year and Lesean Paris Crooks to win DSFL cornerback of the year.