International Simulation Football League
(S23) - Ultimus Week - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S23) - Ultimus Week (/showthread.php?tid=23669)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

(S23) - Ultimus Week - AW13 - 07-23-2020

Code:
3) For any team, certain players and users have gone above and beyond, shaping the legacy of the franchise. Choose any ISFL or DSFL team - with the exception of the Sarasota Sailfish and Honolulu Hahalua - and create a Mount Rushmore for that team. Who in your mind are the four most noteworthy figures of the team’s history? Why does each one of your included figures deserve that recognition, and how did each of them make their mark?

My pick is the San Jose Sabercats!

The San Jose Sabercats are a unique team in the history of the NSFL and yes it is okay to use NSFL because for 22+ seasons, the Sabercats were a unique team in regards to their position in the league. They were usually a decent team record wise most of the time but year after year, they could not break through and win a playoff game. In fact, it was not until Season 14 that the team broke through and won a playoff game and went on to not only win their first playoff game, but their one and only championship as well. So, for the purpose of this exercise, nobody from before the championship team will be considered for this.

The first head on the San Jose Mount Rushmore would have to be, to me, the general manager @ckroyal92 as his tenure as the San Jose GM is not something you can easily pass over. He has been with the Sabercats since the beginning of time and you can't disassociate the two entities anymore. Professor Chaos, his GM persona would be the first person on this Mount Rushmore. He has been responsible for building the team and putting the pieces together in order to build up to the moment that was the Season 14 NSFL Ultimus. He is still going on his 23rd season now and while he did take about half a season off he was still very involved when I was heading the team at that time and he came back stronger than ever. The locker room has grown and grown and it a testament to the determination, hard work, and patience of my good friend CK.

The second head on the San Jose Mount Rushmore is one that I have to be a bit selfish about, but not too selfish because well, he is not the first head right? I am talking about my past player, hall of fame quarterback and Ultimus winning quarterback, Joliet L. Christ. A season 10 draftee, Christ went on to have a storied career for the Sabercats which reached a pinnacle when they hoisted the trophy back in Season 14. A mobile DSFL quarterback, turned gunslinger, turned mobile quarterback again, his career was filled with ups and downs but mostly ups. When Christ was in the league, there were no other quarterbacks like him at the time where he was at his prime level being able to pass for 200+ yards and rush for another 100 or so. He dominated fantasy rankings for a few years late in his career, due to his talent for being a dual threat guy. His play influenced future quarterbacks in the league such as Franklin Armstrong who then went on to influence more guys like you are seeing today. While Christ certainly was not the first mobile QB in the history of the NSFL, he was certainly the first extremely talented mobile gunslinger and he had a major influence on how some quarterbacks are built today. He was easily the best quarterback in San Jose history and likely the best player in their 23 year history.

The third head gets a bit difficult as there are so many guys who I think deserve to be on this thing. My pick for the next head would be long time linebacker Ben Horne @iseedoug, who despite not finishing his career with San Jose, was a super influential person in the history of the team. One of the leading linebackers at the time and a great locker room influence, Horne was a hall of fame candidate for awhile but unfortunately fell off this past season, most likely to him leaving for smelly Baltimore, am i right? Horne was a major influence and helped a ton with game planning and helping make San Jose what it was, successful and a winner.

The fourth is also extremely hard because there are so many but I will keep it with the Ultimus winning Cats team, sorry newer people. I will go with CB D'Pez Poopsie @Muford for the influence he had on the team's culture. I don't think the locker room would have been popping off as much without this guy and that led to people really believing in the team and activity can breed success a lot in these leagues. Poopsie was a decent corner but his stats were not his greatest value to the team. He came in, stepped up in a leadership position and helped get San Jose their first Ultimus in their long history.

There are a ton more guys that I think could be on this list such as Xavier Flash or Kazimir Oles, the main wide receivers for the run. One of the Pennington defenders could also be on this list as the trade that brought them in really turned the corner for the franchise. Even a guy like Neo Donaldson could be considered because he brought stability to the kicker position after the garbageness that was Kyle Corbett. Beep Bot probably deserves to be on this too for his lore.

You can also consider some newer guys as well or guys that could potentially make a 2nd Mount Rushmore of newer cats or maybe a Derpcat Mount Rushmore. Cameron Olsen, probably the best tight end in the history of the Sabercats. Tyson Brackenridge, probably the biggest standout defensive player of this current era of the Cats. While others can make their names here, a lot of the team is still very young and has a chance to get the Sabercats that elusive 2nd Ultimus win.

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Beefstu409 - 07-23-2020

Task 12

I created cornerback James Gath just this week but have been having an awesome time learning the ropes of the DSFL/ISFL. I still don't really know what I'm doing yet but I'm getting there and I'm loving the TPE system. I'm kind of sad that I haven't been able to experience a season yet but I can't wait to get into the DSFL. I'm not super interested in the ISFL yet just because I'm sure James Gath will have a while building up in the DSFL before moving there but I'm excited regardless.

The Discord has been awesome for me - everyone has been super helpful. While I don't know many of the names yet of the folks around here, I haven't had anybody who hasn't been helpful. And I've asked a ton of really stupid questions. What's amazed me most is how volunteer driven it is and how bulky of a move it is to get the wheels of the league turning. The forum based everything is a behemoth.

Which brings me to my next bit. There are so many things that I think could be made easier on the volunteers versus the system that the league is built on. A web app that automated much of the checking/confirmation of stat changes would be really helpful. I work in IT as a manager and I haven't written code in several years, but I know that there would be solutions that could really streamline the process. Overall that'd make it a much more approachable system for new players. These changes though would take basically a 100% overhaul of the current system and would be pretty difficult to implement. But I like to imagine a world where I log in, am able to see a dashboard of top news/articles/streams written by everyone else almost like ESPN and then can filter to my player dashboard. Imagine checking in each week by clicking a button and the TPE instantly appears. Then applying the TPE right there in your dashboard to have it updated. This would allow the updaters to just have to jump to the page, see the differences in values, make the changes in the sim software and be done. I'm pretty out of the game on development but I think it'd be really cool to take a stab at making that work.

That said I gotta get back to the TPE grind. I'm having a huge blast building a persona for James Gath as a cocky asshole who thinks he's better than he is. I can't wait to get drafted and see him in action in his first games getting burned on deep balls!

Words: 446
5 TPE

Task 19

James Gath has only been getting quicker since declaring for the DSFL. Coming in as a man to man coverage corner, people were dismissing him for his low speed score (only 74). However, since committing full time to football, Gath has improved significantly. He's currently claimed 49 additional TPE in just over a week and is expecting to have 130+ TPE for week one of the DSFL season. This commitment to working hard - and his relentless unhinged tweeting - is propelling him up draft boards. While he's unlikely to be the first CB off the board (that honor likely belongs to recreate Dukburg QuakStak) he may just snag the number two spot off the board.

In a draft class of around 136 players, Gath has a chance to be taken in the late first or early second round at the high end. One thing that may hold him back is that his draft class is loaded at corner. Currently 18 players are draft eligible at the position. This wealth of players at the position could impact ALL corners and push them down boards. Fortunately though, there are several teams who are a bit needy at the position.

Gath's standout skill is his speed which pending update will be at least 81 for week 1. In addition he's been able to complete two media pieces already and all rookie tasks. With this cash inflow, he may be able to afford tier 6 equipment in his rookie season.

Words: 247
2.5 TPE

Task 25

Jamie Nkiah was simply missed in the Season 20 draft. He fell to the fourth and final round before being picked up by the Arizona Outlaws 33rd overall in a draft class of 40. He was the last safety off the board and even went behind his DSFL teammate at safety Awkward Sexjoke. This fueled a fire within Nkiah but he wouldn't get his shot at the stage until being called back up to the Outlaws in Season 21. After a relatively strong season he was traded in Season 22 after the draft to the Sailfish. But it was already great value for the Outlaws - receiving a 2nd in exchange for Nkiah.

While he had a similar season in his first year with the Sailfish to his year with the Outlaws, he added a pick six and a fumble recovery. These splash stats were clearly enough for the Sailfish to know they needed to make a move. They signed him after the season on a 3 year $20 million deal. It paid off. The next year he better than doubled his tackles from 59 to 122 and defended 10 passes which better than doubled his career totals. This earned him his first trip (of many?) to the probowl. From a TPE perspective, Nkiah has risen to the top of his draft class and ranks 6th in the league at 722 TPE.

Words: 232
2.5 TPE

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Lowlycrib - 07-23-2020

Tier 3

Billboard:
[Image: htU6KUf.jpg]

#24.
We all remember the times that this has been discussed at the rule summit in Season 19, which failed at only having 6 votes out of 17 to pass, and was against FS's playing at LB & then coming back onto the ballot the very next season was a blanket ban of S's at LB and just barely passed with 12 votes out of 16 to become enacted. This change caused sweeping changes throughout the rest of the defense as S's became less valuable on the field and linebacker's were protected because frankly they just were not nearly as good at creating some of the splash plays on the field. If we are able to ban positions such as S's at LB or WR's at CB, I think we should just get rid of any out of position players to limit the advantage they have against true position Al players an this could include things such as TE's playing as WR's, LB's at DE and so on. While I'm still against this viewpoint it would make things much more even or creating an out of position award for those that do instead of lumping them with true positionals it would divert some of the animosity between users and positions. Lastly, I think the league should ultimately revisit this decision in a vote because it failed miserably the first time on the ballot.

(232)

#20 Championship Trophy

[Image: uc8Fat2.jpg]

Playoff MVP

The MVP of the playoffs often comes from the team that wins the Ultimus, and this season is not the exception to this common sentiment. Douglas Quaid was an absolute force to be reckoned with within the playoffs as he notched a very solid 6 sacks, 24 tackles, and 1 pass defense throughout entirety of the playoffs as a linebacker. Consistency was the name of the game for Quaid throughout the playoffs as he has both 8 tackles and 2 sacks in every single playoff game he played in, which is tremendously important to a teams success. While the stats may be eye popping, defensive playoffs also have unforseen stats in ways such as offensive teams gameplanning around these types of players to take them out of the stat sheet and drive action towards some of the weaker links on the team. While Quaid may not be the top linebacker on the team, which Virtanen holds that spot, he is still an important cog in this machine because teams have to decide whether to steer away from the young upstart in Quaid or the sessoned veteran in Virtanen. I hope to see this player continue their amazing stretch of playoffs into the following season and become a true superstar on the defensive side of the ball such as other linebackers like Mo Berry and Tyron Brackenridge.

(228)

(S23) - Ultimus Week - JuOSu - 07-23-2020

Tier 1, Task 3: Mount Rushmore

When it comes to the New Orleans Second Line, there are many players that come to mind as for who should be on the Mount Rushmore. In my eyes, two of the four spots are very obvious, whereas two other spots could be highly contested and some other people might pick someone else instead.

Let's start with the more obvious choices.

First choice: Quarterback Borkus Maximus III - Bovo

Bovo was THE Quarterback in the history of the New Orleans Second Line and it's not even close. I myself spent a long career as a quarterback for only NOLA and I am not even close to some of his records. He is a Hall of Fame Quarterback who spent his entire career just for the Second Line. He spent his entire with this one team and did incredibly well, winning three championships with the New Orleans Second Line as well, for a long time the only ones for the team. Borkus Maximus had 44,500 passing yards, 251 passing touchdowns, 125 interceptions and a 86.08 career passer rating. He also ran for over 2,000 yards himself as well. Borkus has the best seven seasons in NOLA history based on passing yards, which is just insane. All 7 of those seasons were over 4000 yards, with his best being over 5000 even. No one else in NOLA history has gotten 4000. He also has the best five seasons in touchdowns.

Second choice: Wide Receiver Vladimir Fyodorovich - Majesiu

Another amazing NOLA legend, Fyodo spent almost his entire career with the team, once he was traded here early in his career. In many ways, Fyodo is Mr. NOLA, with lots of team records and an insane career. Despite starting out as a Cornerback, Fyodo ended with 596 catches for 10,002 yards and 53 touchdowns. Fyodo deserves to be in the Hall of Fame soon too, but he is already in the team hall of fame of course. We are really happy that we were able to get him over that 10k mark at the end of his career, even if barely with his last catch. Was a blessing to see that moment, one of the best moments in NOLA history, I think. His lead when it comes to yards itself is insane, with second place in that category having 6,534 yards, basically 3,500 yards less than Fyodo. Fyodo also has the best season in history by yards with 1637 in one season, as well as three more of the top 10. He also has arguably the best game of all time, which came in the Ultimus, where had 3 receiving touchdowns and a kick return touchdown, all in one game, winning the game almost by himself.

Now the less obvious choices:

Third choice: Linebacker Quenton Bode - Terrible Hippo

A more recent addition to the team, Quenton Bode is the cornerstone of the newer NOLA history. Bode was drafted in the first round for NOLA and has spent his entire career with the team. He is such a legend, that he is still playing currently, but already found his way onto this list for me. His stats speak for itself. Playing most of his career at middle linebacker, he has racked up tackles in particular, just breaking the single season league record as well and being on a good pace to break the career tackle record in the league as well. He already has it for our team, with 1051 tackles, almost 300 tackles more than 2nd place for the team. His 17 tackles for loss are 10th right now, while his 14 forced fumbles lead our team's history. He also recovered 8 of those fumbles, tied for 1st in team history.

Fourth choice: Running Back Forrest Gump - Tom Hanks

There are many possible choices for this list and I was debating taking another defender, but in the end, I think it had to be a running back. The choice here was between Smallwood and Gump but the quantity speaks for Gump. Gump has spent his entire career with this team so far, which is clearly something I value a lot for this list. Gump leads our team's history with 8,794 rushing yards, good for almost 3,000 yards more than second place. He is second all time with 62 touchdowns, but still has a shot to take the lead here as he is also still going, like Bode. Smallwood does have a 15 touchdown lead here though. Gump is also in the top 10 for catches with 319, and has a chance to get third place here, which shows his dual threat here. He is currently in 7th there, but another 45 catches puts him third. He added another 19 touchdowns via the air, 9th most in NOLA history.

And that ends my list here. I think there are other amazing possible choices, but these are mine. They all spent their entire career or almost their entire career with the team, lead significant categories for team history and deserve a spot on this list.

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Brane_Chyld - 07-23-2020

Championship Week PBE 2.5

Task 20

[Image: Tate_Trophy_2.png]

Task 18

[Image: Tate_SI.png]

Task 14

[Image: Champs.png]

(S23) - Ultimus Week - SchoolboyShue - 07-23-2020

Task 12
So far the league has been great, I have no complaints. The one thing I will say is that I'm not as bought into this league as I am the PBE. I just like baseball more than I like football, I think that this league to me will always be my second league, and I hope my gms are okay with that. Now that may sound like a huge turnoff, but it isn't. I just won't be as active in the locker room, I probably won't watch many streams, but you can bet your ass I'm going to max earn. I'm not an underachiever, if there is an opportunity to improve my player, I'm going to do so. Additionally, I love winning. If it takes me writing a bunch of words numerous times a week and guessing who is going to win, I'm in. I'm competitive, so that's what you're getting out of me if you draft me. As for people I've met, the Minnesota Gray Ducks, the Myrtle Beach Buccaneers, the London Royals, the Dallas Birdogs, and whatever team AW is the co-gm for have reached out to me. I've had a bunch of help with my build, specifically from both Frick nasty and Maglubiyet. Those guy have been such an incredible help, without them I'd probably just be pumping all my TPE into speed (gross!) for those who don't know my build, I'am a big, mean, mother fucking machine of a power back. I come in at a cool 245 lbs and 6'4, I run through mfs like its my job, because it is. Some of the comments and suggestions I have about the league would actually be to implement some of the same forum stuff that the PBE has, as of right now the TPE tracker doesn't even work, that's one of the things that drives me the most in that league, being able to go to the tracker and look up where I stand against everyone else in the league, but especially against the people from my draft class. I itch to jump spots on the leader boards, I was the 12th pick overall, and after this next update I'm going to be 3rd in my draft class for TPE. That's what I like doing, exceeding expectations, and with the TPE tracker people can get even so much more invested in ways to gain TPE, that they become obsessed with the league. I also really like how the PBE has "useful links" on the side of their forum, it makes it really easy to quickly select where you want to go, whereas in the ISFL you have to scroll down the page to find what you're looking for, or use control f.

Task 9
Unfortunately, I don't know shit about this league. So I had to do a little bit of research to find out who the best at their position was, for Qbs is wasn't clear, RBs I don't think it was clear, WRs more clear, but only 2 major stats to go off of, but finally I landed on the dorner backs, and I found this player named Dermont Lavelle, who is just head and shoulders better than the rest. In his career Lavelle was a one time champion with the Wraiths, was a 3 time NSFC Champion, was the 2024 defensive back of the year, 2024 defensive player of the year, was a THIRTEEN TIME pro bowler, and holds a shit ton of records, Shall we list them? Number one all time in career interceptions, number one all time in career deflections, number one all time in defensive touchdowns, number one all time in punt return yards, number one all time in punt return touchdowns, number one all time in kick return yards, and number one all time in kick return touchdowns.. Folks, thats nasty. He's like Deion minus all of the single season accolades, however in 2036 Lavelle set the ISFL single season record for punt return touchdowns with 3, and his craziest game ever was when he had 214 punt return yards... IN A SINGLE GAME! Naturally, he holds pretty much every Yellowknife Wraiths record that he is eligible for, a true beast on the field, and obviously, he's a Hall of Famer. It's interesting how all of these guys are going to be remembered awhile from now, obviously with an extended season all the records are going to be shattered, it'll be very interesting to see in like S60 if these O G guys will be remembered as some of the best ever, or if a new wave of guys (particularly Mike Rotchburns) come in and set the mark as the new, best players of all time. If all of those numbers weren't enough to convince you on Lavelle, he also sits at the top of the list of all time TPE leaders for the league, at a big old 1,480 mark, 8 TPE ahead of the next highest of all time. The argument is down, folks. Lavelle is the goat, and I'd love to see if someone could come up with another cornerback that even challenges him. The last thing that would really solidify Lavelle as the goat, is if his squad could have managed to win a few more Ultimus ships.

(S23) - Ultimus Week - 24redcrayons - 07-23-2020

T2 (400+)

Task 10

This is story of the season 22 Minnesota Grey Ducks, who had one of the most complete, talented, and experienced rosters in the DSFL, yet still came short of their ultimate goal. The grey ducks offense was led by Sim Snowbow under center. The season, the team had a prolific passing attack, and Snowbow actually led the entire DSFL in passing yards, at 2538. This was largely due to the emergence of a number of weapons for Snowbow. Tychondrius Hood, also known as tylus, was a rookie that year that also happened to have an amazing breakout year. He ended the season with 7 touchdowns and 835 total receiving yards, good for 2nd in the league. However, the weapons for snowbow were not limited to T. Hood. Daymond Brooks was also a wide receiver on the team, and was not shabby at all. He ended the season with 766 receiving yards and 6 TDs, good for 5th overall in the DSFL that season. As such, snowbow had two receivers in the top five of the league. On the ground, however, the grey ducks were also stacked. That season, they had a prolific running back in Jamar Lackson. Jamar had a great season, and led the league in rushing yards for most of the season. However, he ended up tied at second place with 1410 rushing yards and 9 touchdowns, doing it all for the grey ducks. Finally, the offense had an anchor on the line with Julio Jones, who ended the season with a record breaking 62 pancakes and only one sack allowed. On the defensive side of the ball, the grey ducks were also incredible, leading the league with an incredibly 53 sacks, 12 more than the team in second place. The defense was anchored by a number of players, such as Kennedy in the linebacker position, Buck Thornton at FS, Matt Krause at CB, and Chestnut at DE. All of these players contributed heavily to the team, with Chestnut accounting for 19 total sacks over the season and Buck Thornton eventually winning an award for his defensive performances. With the culmination of all of these positive aspects, the grey ducks were able to bounce back from a 1-3 start to finish 8-4 and as the top seed in the north. Unfortunately for the ducks, everything that seemed to be going well up until the playoffs pretty much fell apart once they entered. In their first game, they were ultimately unable to get their offense going, and they were defeated. After such a hopeful season, their dreams were dashed.

Code:
430 words

T3 (200+)

Task 13

My player, Julio Jones should absolutely be nominated for both the DSFL pro bowl and for the OLOTY award in the DSFL. There is a myriad of reasons that this should happen, primarily because of stats alone. Primarily, Julio Jones was the only offensive lineman to get over 60 pancakes this season. In fact, he was the only player in the entire DSFL to even get over 50 pancakes. As a cherry on top, he did not allow a single sack throughout this campaign. The second place player only had 49 pancakes, which is a whopping 11 less pancakes. As such, his stats alone should convince you of his dominance. Furthermore, another aspect of his game is his seemingly invulnerability to regression. As you guys know, Julio Jones also led the league last season in pancakes, at 62 which was a grey ducks record. Because of those incredible numbers, people were thinking that this season would be a bad season for Julio because he would regress towards the mean. However, this obviously did not happen at all. Julio was able to maintain his high level of play the entire season and put up nearly the same stats as he did last season, and doing so with less sacks allowed. Due to all of these factors, I really think that Julio is primed for his second unanimous pro bowl selection, as well as en route to his second consecutive OLOTY award. If this doesn’t happen, the I truly think that this world has no more hope left for it.

Code:
258 words

Task 22

Imagine that the league’s Pro Bowl included a skills competition similar to the NFL. What sorts of games could you see being implemented? Which players do you think would perform the best in ultimate frisbee, dodgeball, or other games? Which conference would come out on top?

I think that the pro bowl is obviously way too biased towards physical skills. Instead, I would like to see the league implement some challenges that pit the players against each other mentally. Specifically, I would like to see all of the pro bowlers separated by their position, and then placed in a room where each of them is given a sheet of multiplication problems to do (not hard ones). Then, the players are all given a minute to do as many of the questions as possible. The person with the least amount of errors and done in the fastest time would obviously be crowned the champion. This is largely due to the fact that many people claim that football is a “mental” game, but there are no mental exercise in the pro bowl, only skills challenges which do not fully encompass the game. I think the the person who would perform the best in ultimate frisbee would be tylus, because as a great wide receiver, he has the hops and hands to make those insane grabs and would be a great asset to any team. Dodgeball wise, I think that jamar would be the champion because he is a little running back and is quick and agile and can still throw the ball hard. Ultimately, in the DSFL, i think that the NFC would come out on top. This is largely due to the fact that there is a lot of movement in the other conference, so the pro bowlers from the NFC would have a lot more experience in the pro bowl and would know what to expect and would be able to capitalize on that.

Code:
278 words

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Frick_Nasty - 07-23-2020

Task 1. Long Task
@Baron1898 this one will be for you buddy. I haven't had to do an Ultimus week in probably 9 months. So this one I decided should be special. I will take time to talk about the greatest development simulation football league team ever assembled. The season fourteen San Antonio Marshals. I say this is the greatest development simulation football league team ever because of two things. First reason we will look at that stats put up by the San Antonio Marshals of the fourteenth season of the international simulation football league. The begging comes from the draft for season fourteen. It was the first ever reddit draft from the subreddit of the national football league. A whopping one hundred plus memebers joined the league making this a monumental draft class. This meaning that the entire development simulation football league teams would have an influx of good players into their already established system. So we go through the season the San Antonio Marshals won thirteen games and only lost one. While that alone is great season when you dive into what got the San Antonio Marshals to thirteen wins it is even crazier on how good the team was. The season fourteen San Antonio Marshals lead the league in average points scored per game with twenty eight. The San Antonio Marshals also lead the league in rushing yards averaged per game with two hundred and nine yards. The San Antonio Marshals offense lead by cooter bigsby under center was able to lead the team but the true cogs to the offensive matching for the San Antonio Marshals was the dynamic duo of rushing pair of Morgan Marshall and Max Vaz. A true one two punch. Morgan Marshall lead the league in rushing yards that season with an impressive one thousand five hundred thirteen yards on the ground. While also hitting pay dirt a total of thirteen times on the ground as well. It did not stop there as Max Vaz even as a back up running back would come out with a total of one thousand two hundred fifty nine yards on the ground. Max Vaz also reaching the end zone on the ground nine times as well. The offense is not what you needed to be worried about when facing off with this San Antonio Marshals teams. It was the coined nickname of Marshal Law that was the San Antonio Marshals Defense. San Antonio Marshals Defense lead the league in average points allowed per game at thirteen points. The highest amount of points give up that season by the San Antonio Marshals was only twenty seven yet they still won that game as well. The San Antonio Marshalls also had a league leading average in rushing yards allowed passing yards allowed and total yards allowed really giving the nickname martial law a factual statement while playing against the San Antonio Marshals teams were literally locked down and could not move the ball and if they tried to they would get caught in the no-fly zone. The two players that consisted of this no fly zone the most was Vander Jones and Walt Green. These two players and the secondary consisted of a total of 15 interceptions by themselves. The San Antonio Marshalls of season 14 were able to account for a league leading 26 interceptions that season. The San Antonio Marshalls in season 14 we're also able to turn these turnovers into points themselves by scoring five defensive touchdowns as well. The defensive talent didn't just stop there at Walgreen and Vander Jones. Team still had to face off with the dynamic duo of the linebacker group of Mo Berry and Quentin bode. I am sure you know who these two players are if you don't obviously you've been living under a rock for the past year and a half The dominated linebackers of the international simulation football league were a fierce pair back in season 14 of the developmental simulation football league while on the San Antonio Marshals. The one two punch of these guys was astronomical. Both linebackers were able to get the job done in coverage by intercepting the ball as well as getting into the backfield and disrupting the passing that way by accounting for six sacks a piece. If that wasn't enough for you on the line in the trenches was Nero Alexander who was one of the most dominating defensive ends that season totaling 40 plus tackles 12 tackles for a loss and 8 sacks. Nero Alexander was so disruptive that literally almost half of his tackles consisted of negative yardage. When you add all these individuals together it is not surprising to see that this defense was one special group. It was unfortunate that the sim did not give this group a ultimini championship. Even while being favored in the high 80% chance of winning if not more. What makes this group special was the Fab V of users to come from the San Antonio Marshalls of season 14. You have @Baron1898 who in this league has been a developmental simulation football league general manager The point task head as well. Next you have @Duilio05 who was a general manager for the San Antonio Marshals and eventually a general manager for the Baltimore Hawks. Before stepping away from the league was also the recruitment head who brought together strong classes such as the season 18 and season 22 Reddit classes. Next up @shadyshoelace another general manager of the San Antonio Marshals who then went on to general manage the yellow knife Wraiths. Is also been an updater and the league for many seasons. @terriblehippo was another member of the Fab V go on and do great things for this league from being a general manager of the New Orleans second line to stepping up into the role of head office. Lastly myself who has been a backup updater head office general manager of the Colorado Yeti and the developmental simulation football league simmer. Not only was the Fab five great in the Sim but we still are great outside and developing what the league has come today. I love these four guys as if they were my brothers I wouldn't be where I am without them today. Never forget cooter bigsby lost us our perfect season as well.

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Mavfatha - 07-23-2020

I will be attempting to put together a Mount Rushmore of sorts for the top 4 players in the history of my former ISFL team in another lifetime (aka my career as Freezer Riposte), that team being the San Jose Sabercats. Three of these choices are going to be fairly obvious I suspect, with the final one being controversial but I will attempt to support my reasoning and hopefully this player goes on to prove me right. The first obvious choice for the Sabercats Mount Rushmore is Dan Miller, a long-time defensive tackle for the team who was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2025 I.T. (ISFL Time). Not much was expected from Dan upon entering the league, as he was a 15th round draft selection by the Sabercats in the inaugural ISFL draft. The only other Hall of Famer drafted later than him was Boss Tweed by the Yeti, making Dan easily one of the best steals of the draft. Dan's main claims to fame are his amazing 6 straight 10+ sacks seasons and 4 straight pro bowls while a member of San Jose - we'll ignore those pesky final seasons with the Yeti since this is a team only Mount Rushmore. His third season in the league was the most remarkable, with 24 sacks that place him second all-time in a single season, and that eventually led to his 132 total sacks which is most all-time. Within the Sabercats organization, he holds game, season, and career sack records as well, plus a record four forced fumbles in a season to top it all off. Though the team around him at the time could not get any Ultimus wins for Dan, his regular season numbers were the stuff of legend and he was truly a defensive cornerstone for the team.

The next member for this Mount Rushmore was another defensive stalwart of the team at an often underappreciated position, that man being one Benson Bayley. Bayley had a successful career at cornerback and largely played for the Sabercats, eventually going to the Second Line at the end of his career, but choosing to enter the Hall of Fame as a Sabercat following his induction in 2032 I.T. A lot was expected of Benson upon entering the league, considering his status as the fourth overall pick in his draft class in the third season of the ISFL's existence. Still, making the Hall of Fame, being a member of 6 straight Pro Bowl's with the team, and finishing top 10 all time in career interceptions (and probably passes defended if I could find a leaderboard for that) was certainly a good way of living up to those high expectations. He also holds the team season record for interception return yards in a season. Though some of his best results ended up occurring while a member of the Second Line, as he won a championship with them, Benson was still anointed as a true Sabercat upon Hall of Fame election, making him another great and obvious choice for the San Jose Mount Rushmore.

Our third member who's face shall be enshrined forever upon the grand mountains of San Jose should come as no surprise - former franchise quarterback Joliet L. Christ. The only member of the Hall of Fame to only play for San Jose, Joliet was a mainstay of the team during Freezer Riposte's team there and one of the top dual-threat quarterbacks of the ISFL's history. He has team single-season records in all of the following areas - pass completion percentage, passing rating, longest pass, and passing touchdowns. Hilariously, he also managed to set records for fumbles and fumbles recovered in the same season (2029 I.T.), clearly recovering his own fumbles many times. To look at it from a personal memory perspective, Joliet was one of the most dynamic players around during his prime, often the first QB off the board in fantasy drafts due to basically serving as a RB (that catches no passes I suppose) plus highly competitive passing numbers. Also back in 2029 I.T., he had a perfect passer rating in week 1 against the Yeti. His final statistics place him 8th all time in both completion percentage and passing rating, showing off his efficiency as a passer despite not having the raw passing or rushing yardage or TD's to earn places on those leaderboards.

The final member of this dynamic quartet is yet another defensive player who is still an active member of the Sabercats roster - Tyron Brackenridge. Obviously the more controversial member considering that the first three folks are ISFL Hall of Famers, but Tyron is quickly proving himself as one of the top defenders league wide. Tyron was a Strong Safety through college and into his brief stint in the DSFL with the Coyotes before being drafted 5th overall by the Sabercats in 2032 I.T. He stuck at that position for a few seasons before making the switch to linebacker full time in 2034, at which point his career really got going. He has been hovering right around 100 tackles and 10 sacks per season for the last 4 seasons since that switch. He's also picked up 3 pro bowl nominations and a third place LB of the year finish in his career that appears to still be going strong. Still somewhat a pick for the future, but my money is on Tyron truly earning this position very soon.

(S23) - Ultimus Week - Asked Madden - 07-23-2020

To go alongside my earlier post where i completed #12

#19 Scouting Report

DSFL Prospect: Sheed Thebaw DT University of Wisconsin-Madison

This mountain of a man measures in at 6ft 5 and tips the scales at 300lbs. He wouldn't look out of place as your typical monster heal in an AEW ring.
Thebaw boasts some pretty lofty college stats racking up almost 40 sacks and 40 tackles for loss. He is clearly a hungry man and is used to having to fight for every bit of success he's had.

Positives:
Thebaw will terrorise opposition quarterbacks. If you need someone who can shed blockers with ease and get in the QBs face look no further than number 90.
Drafting Thebaw will bring a fire to the locker room and a storm to the field always looking at ways to get in the opposition's head.

Drawbacks:
I mentioned earlier on, Thebaw sheds blocks for fun and will get in the quarterbacks face with ease, this must come with a downside. His form tackling is below average, he is as likely to slip off an RB as he is to make the hit.
Secondly, Thebaw sat out of a full year of college ball due to an undisclosed ankle injury. Although it seemed to leave no lingering issues his senior year you have to worry whether the ankle will be stable enough to hold in the big leagues.

Trying to project Thebaws draft position has proven to be tricky. I can see him going as high as the second round to a 3-tech needy team but he could slip to the back half of the draft if teams worry about his injury history.

#22) Pro Bowl Contests

We all know the Pro bowl tends to be a bit of fun and allows the players to mingle with players they might not have many dealings with outside of the odd game. I've got 2 positional games/contest ideas to hopefully ramp up the testosterone and hopefully get it back to more of a competitive week.

1. The majority of you will have washed the Japanese gameshow mXc (Takeshi's Castle for the UK contingent). The first contest would be lifted straight out of that show for our running back footwork contest:
You may remember the most deadly/painful task - Skipping Stones. Pit the top 2 RBs from each conference against each other in a timed dash across these rock solid stones.

2. what's the most important thing an O-lineman can do? That's right, down a pint. Which brings me to the OLine competition:
Boat Race: Top 5 OLine from each
conference line up single file in their teams. The person at the front of the line must down their pint - the second player can't start drinking until the first person is finished & so on down the line. The winning team is the first team with 5 empty glasses.