International Simulation Football League
(S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call (/showthread.php?tid=36431)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - PMoney - 12-10-2021

SHL Affiliate Username: Mooney

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - Minnesotafine - 12-10-2021

SHL PT (Username is bfine)

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - qWest - 12-10-2021

It hurts more than you can imagine to lose in the Ultimus. It hurts twice as much to lose in the Ultimus, wait 8 seasons just to make it back to the big game, and then lose again. And it hurts yet even more when it feels like the refs where against you the whole time. Now, looking at the S30 Ultimus boxscore, you might think I'm unfair or unjustified in saying that as our opponents, the Sarasota Sailfish, racked up 8 penalties to our 1, amounting in 50 more penalty yards for them. However, experiencing the game from the field is a whole other thing. Sarasota were playing dirty all game, right off the rip. I was punched, kneed, or otherwise roughed up every time I was taken down, which was a huge factor in how they were able to shut down our elite rushing attack. We handled that pressure and the myriad of horrible calls from the refs extremely poorly, and taking my second Ultimus loss like that will always hurt.

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - Tacoshoppe - 12-10-2021

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - Mooty99 - 12-10-2021

I mean I am not sure if I should do an in character to an actual fuck up of this or even better the old sim. So I will do the later and see how it goes. Now in the old sim there could be some absolutely insane fouls being called but I remember one which was so funny I have to share it. In a game when I was was the quarterback of the Bondi Beach Buccaneers. I was given a penalty for tripping on a completed passing play. How the hell could a quarterback back be done for tripping on a play they threw the ball?! Either I was snapped the ball, tripped an oncoming rusher, then threw the ball or threw the ball then ran forward and tripped the 1st opposition player I could find for shits and giggles. Either way both very unlikely, I don't think the game was really affected but still what the hell!

WC 157

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - 24redcrayons - 12-10-2021

The absolute worst call that affected the outcome of my ISFL career is a holding call in S25 of my ISFL career. As an offensive lineman, I pride myself on being a team player and hate to cause any negative impacts to my team. However, despite this, I got a number of holding calls during one specific game which was ultimately really close. This was super frustrating to me due to the fact that I believe that I was not holding at all, or that if I was holding, it was purely in response to a rip move which means that it should not be called as a penalty. Despite this, I was still flagged which was incredibly frustrating.

After this, I made up my mind that I would never put myself in a position to impact my team negatively again, so I decided to increase my TPE spend into my intelligence and my hands to make sure that I had the lowest penalty rate possible and to ensure I would never be a liability again.

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - zeagle1 - 12-10-2021

Well the refs in the ISFL often make some very bad calls, as is typically the case in every sporting league, from peewee soccer all the way up to the FIFA world cup. Despite this, the worst call of all time was to give the LEGEND Chuck Roth a defensive pass interference penalty in season 26 of the DSFL! Chuck Roth can do no wrong! He was mistakenly put into coverage by the Portland Python's moronic head coach, SouthPaw (ily bud). Chuck was doing his best! But no one told him the rules in coverage! When the ball was thrown to the receiver Chuck was covering, Chuck simply threw the scrawny 180 speedy boi to the ground and held him there! Sure, he accidentally broke the receiver's arm, but he was gentle about it! Defending passes should be just like playing on the line! But nooooo referees just have to ruin everything and now chuck isn't allowed to drop back in coverage anymore

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - MMFLEX - 12-10-2021

WSBL PT

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - CptGoosar - 12-10-2021

As you say penalties always do play a big role in sport, especially in football where they can quite easily swing the position in a single play. Now like most "random", I say that word with a pinch of salt, as it should be but it never is, everything is always based on a predefined set of variable to produce an output, should equalise themselves out by the end of the season or over time. Yes you get variance among that, you may find yourself on the high end of variance, in this case more penalties against you then for you or you may be on the other side of the coin. However, they do tend to even out over time. 

However, enough preference, there was a time that sticks in my mind with games, I cant remember the week but it was one morning, i'm UK based some watch the stream in the morning before work. Portland were leading by 6 with a less than 2 mins left on the clock in the 4th quarter, and on a 3rd and long a DPI moved the field 40 or 50 yards, now a few plays later were facing a 2 and goal with a touch over 30s left on the clock. A TD was scored and we lost Sad 

Quite frankly, this is where the phrase "sim gonna sim" springs to mind. It was a lose but I'm sure that at some point there will be a case where I'm on the positive outcome of this type of play

RE: (S32) PT 5 - Bad Call - LB3737 - 12-10-2021

[/url][url=https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=23123&view=findpost&p=395331]PBE PT