International Simulation Football League
(S36) PT 5 - Election Season - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season (/showthread.php?tid=40446)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - Dextaria - 07-30-2022

SHL Affiliate

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - H0PPY75 - 07-30-2022

If you are looking for a GM that doesn’t appear to be trying that hard but is actually trying his ass off to make a team a winner but getting only marginal results then look no further than me, H0PPY75. As someone who has GMed two teams with very little to show for it outside of some more gray hairs and a disdain for doing the job than I’m the man for the job. If I had to use a comparison of a real world team to compare myself to, it would be Bill Schmidt the Colorado Rockies general manager. Basically i thought that I had a roster that could compete so I kept aging players around and for the most part wasn’t willing to make trades when in reality I was just needed to blow the team up and start from scratch, basically when I was realized this needed to happen I was so burnt out that I ended up stepping down as GM. So if you need someone to be your GM and do a mediocre to piss poor job at it, look no further than me.
Code:
189 Words

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - Ephenssta - 07-30-2022

The #HeckBeck campaign, while obviously just a meme, has somehow worked. I really have no clue how or why this happened, but it is. I am going to be taking over as the next Norfolk GM, which was announced before this prompt came out. Imagine having to defend your job beffore you have even started in the job...I am very excited for this opportunity, though. While I had never actually played for Norfolk until this recreate, I had some ties there as a lot of my best friends inthe league have come through this team, so it is definitely a rather special program to me. As such, I am going to do my very best to keep a high standard in place there and insure that the tema continues to mean to other people what it has meant to me and my friends over the years in this league. It's quite a big ask, but I feel I am up to the challenge and looking forward to getting to the real work of running an esteemed DSFL franchise. DSFL best SFL...

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - SchwarzNarr - 07-30-2022

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=125609&pid=3246831#pid3246831

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - Repgnar - 07-30-2022

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - Dip - 07-30-2022

Dip Dhillon (BBB GM). Isn’t that the best Discord name you have ever heard? Aside from that, my player would be a fabulous GM as I would constantly push the team to be the best. I would expect excellence and nothing less. Jogging instead of running? That’s cool, you can just jog your way to the bench for this week’s game. The coach wants to overrule me? That’s cool, you can just try and overrule the lawsuit I hand you for insubordination. Forming a mutiny in order to remove me from office? That’s cool, maybe try mutinying from this small army of mercenaries I keep in the basement to take care of any revolts. Under my rule tenure, the Bondi Beach Bucs would achieve never before seen heights. We would crush anyone that stands in our way as we venture toward the Ultimini every season. We would become the most feared team in the league, for more reasons than one.

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - WALDO - 07-30-2022

Alright look, it is no secret that THWOMP is obviously the most popular character from the Mario Kingdom to ever touch the field in either the DSFL or the ISFL, so there is an obvious answer as to what we would do as a GM of an ISFL franchise. Relocate it! That's right! We would take whatever franchise we're given to the Mario Kingdom. In turn, we would sign some free agents. Like Mario, the flamethrowing QB who, while short, has an insane amount of talent, aka Kyler Murray. We would the sign Bowser, the best defensive lineman not named THWOMP in the Mario Kingdom. After that, we would build our new stadium in Bowser's Castle, a place that would scare our opponents to their very core. Next up, a trade with Mario Kingdom's own Moo Mushrooms. We would assume control of Petey Piranah's contract, a 3 year, 47.5 mushroom deal, and acquire the rights to new draftee Bowser Jr. These two moves would solidify our receiving core, as Petey is the best red zone threat in the Mario Kingdom, and Bowser Jr., while short, is the speediest player to play the game. Last, but certainly not least, the most elite safety to touch the turf, Walugi. His length lets him cover the field in such an easy fashion that he would immediately make us the best defense in the league.

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - Muford - 07-30-2022

https://worldsimbasketball.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=2504&view=findpost&p=40489

welfare

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - Mooty99 - 07-30-2022

I mean of course I should be given the job of GM, I am the only player in the league with real political experience after all, didn't I tell you in every other points task, I used to be president of the galaxy! I mean yes that role has no real power and the whole purpose of it is to distract everyone from who is really running things in the galaxy but still I would be great. You know what they say 2 heads is better than 1 and i have 2 so there you go. As to what changes I would make I wouldnt really worry about that, I could probably hire people to do that for me as that is how I prefer to work, as a figure head or heads lol. As long as we only passed to me and I won all the awards and aclaim then that is all we would need.

RE: (S36) PT 5 - Election Season - RocketMan13 - 07-30-2022

The most important attributes for a great general manager are the ability to evaluate players and a deep understanding of the game itself. Without proper player evaluation ability you can't draft effectively and end up losing talented players or overpaying mediocre ones in free agency. As one of the smartest young players in the game Dane has the insight to figure out the most effective players for any given system and to find the diamond in the rough. He's also adept in financial management as a business owner and a finance major in college. 

As a player, Dane absolutely soaks up film and schemes during study sessions and is routinely one of the best in the locker room at identifying opposing schemes and communicating in real time. As the center for the SaberCats, his responsibility is to identify problems in the defensive scheme and slide protections to counter pressure or to get an advantage in the run fit. Together with the quarterback, the center has to be extremely capable of breaking down defenses and applying the tenets of the offense to take advantage of it. As a general manager, Dane would excel at working with the coaching staff to identify players who fit a scheme, and identify schemes that take the most advantage of talented players.