International Simulation Football League
(S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard (/showthread.php?tid=42749)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - jeffie43 - 12-31-2022

SHL affiliate

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - scudmuffin19 - 12-31-2022

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - Vaxlare - 01-01-2023

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - RussDrivesTheBus - 01-01-2023

In the year of our lord 2023, the potato man does have some goals he'd like to get accomplished on the field and off. He'd obviously love to see a bit more production on the field, so he has a goal of finishing one of his final seasons with 4+ INTs and 6+ Sacks. He may have to slim down a bit and sharpen his skillset, but it is most definitely doable. 

Off the field, Russet's biggest goal is to give back more to the community; both at home in Idaho and in San Jose. He has spent many offseasons on his parents' farm, which is therapeutic and helpful for them. But he feels he hasn't done enough to bolster the communities that helped both raise him and encourage him to become the potato man he is today. One of the easiest ways he can do this is by volunteering to be a big brother at a Boys and Girls club. He'd love to help a little tater tot realize their full potential.

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - Punk42AE - 01-01-2023

PBE Affiliation

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - ReverendOReily - 01-01-2023

On the player side of things, I've been pretty darn blessed so far this season. Kumquat Archipelago is the number one scorer in ISFL fantasy football, and even more than that, he's on pace to shatter the rushing touchdown record that was set a few seasons ago by Jay Cue Jr; Cue's record was 23, and while it's a relatively small sample size because we're only 5 games into the season, Kumquat is on pace to demolish that record with 32 rushing TDs. I don't actually expect it to happen, but boy would it be cool to see! That is my main goal going forward for Kumquat. On the team side of things, the Wraiths have started 5-0 and I'd love to see them keep that pace up as well and cruise to an ultimus victory. These goals are important to me because I have not won a championship in the ISFL yet, and I certainly haven't broken any records that I can remember. If I had to only choose one I'd go with the Wraiths winning the championship; both would be nice though!

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - Arkz - 01-01-2023

New year, new me, hopefully. Since Absolute Unit entered the league, the Yellowknife Wraiths have been on a team on the precipice of greatness more than a few times. We have made the playoffs in every season that Unit has been in the league, but only made it to the conference championships once. That is a disappointment to Unit, and to the rest of the team. So this year, now that the calendar has turned, its time to take some steps forward and see some real professional growth. And that growth will come in the form of some rings, hopefully. The team is in a strong spot right now, but there are a few very tough teams in the league so nothing is guaranteed. It will take a lot of hustle, sweat, and work to get over the hump and make it to the big game for the first time in his career.

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - sakrosankt - 01-01-2023

The goal for King Zeus this year is to become the best cornerback in the league on a personal note. Last season was already a good one, but by far not the best of a cornerback posted. But as the father of all gods, Zeus already experienced that it is not about just the performance of himself. The most important goal is to have a successful team all around. When managing the Olymp, it was always about having a smooth sailing. It has to be stated, it is much, much easier to build a good atmosphere within a football team than at a mountain with a bunch of egoistic gods and demigods. But due to that experience, Zeus already knows how to handle some of the more egoistic players, and get them into the team spirit everyone needs to be in on. So with that said, King Zeus wants to be one of the leaders of this team and help all players on the team to develop and take the next step forward.

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - PMoney - 01-01-2023

Akinfenwa has had a jolly good Christmas and a jolly good start to the season helping the Wraiths to a 5-0 record. His goals for this year are first of all, to win a championship. Thats always been the goal and after the strong start to the season, it seems like it could be a realistic goal over the next few seasons. In this season in particular, he would also like to go back to his routes as a blocking FB in order to help his partner in rushing, Kumquat Archipelago, to a record breaking season. The 2 headed backfield in Yellowknife is amongst the best in the league but Archipelago is on course to break records this season and it's Akinfenwas job to help him get there when he can. Further down the line, it would be nice for the favour to be returned and for Akinfenwa to be a top RB in the league but that comes after winning for the team.

RE: (S39) PT #2 - Work Hard, Play Hard - Akoustique - 01-01-2023

Right now, even with the slow start of the DSFL's Buccaneers, Knight is hoping to help contribute to the resurgence of this season. Working on his routes and ball-catching skills is paramount to becoming great in this league, and understanding the game more than his opponents might. Not only is he hoping to impress the rest of his teammates and the head office staff, he's hoping his stats and his play on the field will do the talking. So far, as a rookie, he's met his own expectations and made an impact, even in losing efforts. For the new year, he wants to exceed all expectations, move forward and help to rack up his team a few wins. Playing on the Buccaneers has been quite an experience, and Kairo Knight wants to make the experience he's had thus far pale in comparison to what he can accomplish going forward, in both receptions and dependability within his team.