International Simulation Football League
(S43) PT #5 - Stadium Renovations - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S43) PT #5 - Stadium Renovations (/showthread.php?tid=47271)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: (S43) PT #5 - Stadium Renovations - Aleris - 09-08-2023

Just like what the the local Colorado baseball team has done. We're gonna spend all that money on a beer deck. It's gonna be yuuuuuuge and draw so many people to the game. Beer is gonna be sold for like 40$ a cup to "pay off" the beer deck that was actually paid for by the tax payers. Hehe peasants, imagine the rich *actually* paying for their fair share. We should eat them all. Anyway. The beer deck will be standing room only cause we're gonna pocket most of that money. But you can drink Bud Light for 40$ and watch a Yeti football game from a *deck*. That's a new concept right. Think of all the followers you'll gain when you post a selfie from our beer deck. Of course, you'll have to pay the influencer fee as is policy at any Yeti event for any fan. If we catch you posting social media photos from our games, we will send a cease and desist order.

RE: (S43) PT #5 - Stadium Renovations - Bamford13 - 09-08-2023

The Snake Pit is already an amazing stadium, we have a top of the line locker room and field. However, the one thing we’re missing is the snakes. How can we call the stadium the Snake Pit if we don’t have any snakes? We would use the money to build a giant terrarium that would wrap around the stadium. In it, we would put thousands of snakes that would slither around the stadium. Then, we add thousands of LED lights so during night games we can change the colors of the terrarium during the game. The best part about this idea is that it has a secret use, most people know about the curse that haunts Portland. We can’t seem to win the ultimini, most ultimini losses is not a great record to have. In the scenario that we’re losing the ultimini, we can open the terrarium and release the snakes. Since we are also Pythons the snakes won’t attack us and they’ll target the opposing team. Free win for us.

RE: (S43) PT #5 - Stadium Renovations - AJay887 - 09-08-2023

PBE Affiliate PT

RE: (S43) PT #5 - Stadium Renovations - jj2416 - 09-08-2023

I would go for the lockers. Making sure they all got premium stuff and more space. Having the showers be upgraded making it as comfortable as possible. I would also make the training facilities as high tech and expansive as we can. Making sure to make it as easy and give them the best things they can. having free gatorade machines with healthy energy drinks to stay hydrated is a must. I want our team to feel at home and be able to make it their new home being able to do anything they want to. Player health always comes first. Performance is just as important and these things would increase them. Making sure to help everyone get to their best potential. Hoping to do all we can so no matter the outcome we can say we did all we could. I think these upgrades can also be things that last a long time in order to get the most use out of them.

RE: (S43) PT #5 - Stadium Renovations - sburbine - 09-09-2023

The developers of the original stadium in Yellowknife decided it was a good idea to have a stadium without a roof. In one of the coldest cities in the world it's impossible for us to get the players out of the elements which has resulted in a number of hospitals trips. With that being said, we'd spend the money building a roof over the stadium with a high end HVAC system to keep it nice and toasty in there. We aren't even going to make it retractable, it's too cold for all of football season. If anything the fans will thank us for all the money that they gave us despite the fact our owner is exuberant wealthy, games will be much more enjoyable to go to and you won't have to worry about maybe dieing while you're there. No more 2 feet of snow and almost freezing to death games. Next I would make an ice bath room, we didn't need it before because of the cold but we will now.

RE: (S43) PT #5 - Stadium Renovations - TheRake - 09-09-2023

Everyone knows that visits Chicago how cold it gets during the winter months. With that in mind, one of the best upgrades for Butcher fans would be installing a dome but that would cost tax payers hundreds of millions of dollars. Instead, a much more economical solution that would still provide some comfort during games later in the season would be heated seating throughout the stadium. This would provide the obvious benefit of keeping attendance high in those winter months when everyone would rather stay at home and keep toasty. Another important renovation that most stadiums need, including Chicago's, is to ensure that all the jumbotrons are up to date with the latest display technology. One thing Rico has noticed when visiting other stadiums is their video displays are either to small with poor viewing angles around the stadium or are big but old and the resolution is terrible. Allowing our fans to get crystal clear replays of the action improves in person enjoyment.

RE: (S43) PT #5 - Stadium Renovations - tstols - 09-09-2023

Similar to the baseball team, the Austin Copperheads elected to add a pool lounge over in the right corner of the home endzone in the stands for their stadium renovations. Their thought was that it would be a fun place for VIP fans to enjoy games poolside, with a great view. The design was different than in baseball though, it was right on the second level of seats, and made as an infinty pool, looking off the edge.

Great in concept, but not a great idea in practice. During one of the games, a drunk fan enjoying the pool somehow managed to flip over the side of the infinity pool, down onto the seats in front of him. Thankfully, our mascot was in that section during the game, and absorbed most of the fall the drunk guy took, only getting a mild concussion as a result. The drunk guy lived, but broke a few bones. A glass window was added to stop that from happening again.

Another addition was an updated scoreboard in the middle of the field. This worked well, and is enjoyed by the fans. Not as fancy as Jerry Jones's scoreboard, but nice on it's own.

RE: (S43) PT #5 - Stadium Renovations - Brucitalis - 09-09-2023

Probably the thing that probably gets looked over more often is the merchandise store(s). To tackle this one (pun intended), The focus needs to stay on business. Ultimately, the football is a business, and while watching the game is the primary product, a strong supplemental product is merchandise sales. We need to make the stores around the stadium easier to access and more inviting to enter. Part of the idea too is to have several smaller stores sprinkled around the stadium with differing selections of products from each other. To the contrary, on the home side of the field will host the primary merch store will will hold all products. To add to the attraction of the stores, they will all have clear walls or glass so that patrons can see the merch subconsciously drawing them in. We would also need to double the amount of cheerleaders we have, so while half of the squad will be on field during the game, others will be posted at each store as some eye candy and to invite people into the store. It's all about the subliminals.

RE: (S43) PT #5 - Stadium Renovations - 110radio - 09-09-2023

A few of my fellow Sailfish have had some great ideas for renovations to Fishnet Stadium, ie @Yeenoghu's glorious new fishtanks in the locker rooms, as well as the singing fish nameplates, or @ctots installation of VR handsets for all the patrons. I think these new features are great new additions, but I'm proposing going one step further and upgrading every aspect of the stadium. An all new state of the art fitness center designed to get those dots pumped up to the maximum with their weekly PT. The fitness center will also include a world class spa and recovery center for the athletes to rest and repair after gamedays. We're also renovating some of the on field amenities, including the worlds largest jumbotron which boasts an experimental new 32k SUHD++™ mega-screen and a 10,000 speaker system powered by Beats by Cleet™ its said to be the most advance combined system of audio and video known to man. But the Fish aren't through yet, to improve the fan experience, we will also be adding a 35,000sq ft (thats roughly the size a bix box electronics retail store) arcade that features all of the classic titles, including, but not limited too: Galaga, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, X-Men and The Simpsons.

RE: (S43) PT #5 - Stadium Renovations - Lumosityfan - 09-09-2023

If I had the opportunity to fix the stadium to my liking, the first thing I would do is make sure to repaint all the walls and surfaces to make them look as nice as possible. That stadium has probably been around for awhile now and I’m sure it has many cracks that don’t look pleasant to the naked eye. I would improve the concessions because people are hungry and I want to give them the best food possible. I want to install some sort of turf so people can play their own football games while they’re bored with the action. I would add a pool to let people relax while they watch the game (preferably not overhanging the stadium though; I’m not here to get sued lol) Finally, I would make sure the bathrooms are squeaky clean cause that’s also an area I’m sure gets used a lot throughout the game.