International Simulation Football League
(S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics (/showthread.php?tid=53355)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - GrimmCrackers - 09-29-2024

It wasn't long ago that Trent Thigpen was a young rookie in the ISFL, brand new to his team the Austin Copperheads. As a young player, he knew to sit back, watch, listen and lean on the experienced players that knew how to carry themselves and lead the team. Now entering his sixth season, while not the oldest player on the team, Trent has become a core piece of that leadership group. While he never saw himself as a leader, it turns out a few things rubbed off on him being around the older and experienced Copperheads - the legends that helped bring him and the whole squad to becoming S45 Ultimus champions. He and the rest of the veterans are still working to bring the standard back up to the quality of play they saw in S45, and the focus is on teaching the right attitude to the young talent the team has drafted and is working on developing. Overall as a locker room I believe ours is very unique, as outside expectations assumed Austin would struggle much more in their inevitable rebuild after winning the Ultimus but every season the Copperheads have managed to field a very competitive squad that fights for 60 minutes in every game and that starts with the culture in the locker room.

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - lock180 - 09-29-2024

Delusion. Chaos. Robots. Those three words are what the Yellowknife locker room is all about. I can't count the number of times I have been accidentally stunlocked by the Wraith King bot in the Yellowknife locker room. I will ask one question and it will spiral into unreadable word mush. Chaos. There are three or four separate channels within the locker room that consist of Dangerson or Juni talking nonsense. There's an errors channel which I don't understand but more importantly the swimming channel is filled with Dangerson's deepest most confusing thoughts. I've tried reading what he says in that channel and it is beyond my level of understanding. Meanwhile the public room and spooky rooms themselves are great forums and pretty much always active. I want to share a special shoutout to @Dev0 for doing play by play breakdowns of the games each week. I don't know how Dev has the skill to type that fast while also watching the game but it helps as I am often not able to watch the games live and rely on Dev0's play by play to understand what is happening and how badly I am doing.

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - jayamshah99 - 09-29-2024

Written option: Every team has their own unique Locker Room Dynamics that help shape the culture. Whether it's a singular leader who takes charge, a group mentality where everyone has each other's backs, or a Coach who helps bridge individual differences, the Locker Room is where that Team Dynamic is shaped. Write about your team's Locker Room and what's unique about the Culture or Leadership.

The BBB locker room has a lot of friendly faces that both helped to welcome me into the league as well as keep the day-to-day of the league lively. I definitely think what makes the locker room special is that there's a strong culture of "everyone is rooting for everyone" and that makes it so much fun to be a part of. I don't get particularly many chances to be online in the locker room, but when I do everyone's super welcoming and ready to cheer us on for gameday. Another aspect of the group that makes it fun is that the GM's definitely get super involved with the chatter as well, keeping conversation going and getting to know one another. Once gameday arrives everyone is pretty pumped about the dot-ball and it shows as soon as someone rips off a huge play. Even on days where I can't join in on the watch party I'll be pleasantly surprised to see Discord pings that my player did something nice. Overall I think it's a pretty great LR, and I wouldn't change a thing!

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - br0_0ker - 09-29-2024

When Pizza enters the locker room, everyone listens. Mostly because the moist squelching noise he makes while sliding across the locker room floor is so distressing to the ears it is impossible not to listen, but nonetheless, they listen. When Pizza speaks, everyone listens. Mostly because the cacophony of guttural agony that ejects like projectile vomit from Pizza's front orifice is so horrific, it is impossible not to listen. When Pizza gives a speech, there is no squabbling in the ranks. Mostly because the odor that Pizza gives off is so foul and permeates so deeply that no teammate dares risk opening their mouth lest the stench enter their exposed airways and fester. The coaches do not yell at Pizza when he makes mistakes. Not because he does not make mistakes (of course he does, he's (sort of) human!), but because the coaches have eyes and see that Pizza has no earholes, and would not be able to receive criticism. All in all, Pizza is clearly the role model leader.

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - Number 82 - 09-29-2024

[Image: aQvFq8u.png]

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - ZodiacEXE - 09-29-2024

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - Crunk - 09-29-2024

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - yosh - 09-29-2024

PBE PT

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - Hacob - 09-29-2024

The Colorado locker room has been excellent for Feka Ohi Kau's development. With Feka Ohi Kau still being in the DSFL, the buy-in from Colorado general managers and fellow Yeti's has been unexpected but extremely appreciated. The tight knit locker room, even incorporating future Yetis is really what makes the Colorado locker room unique. Additionally, Colorado does not have one player that steps up and leads the team, but rather several leaders across the offense and defense that all lead the team on game day. This ensures that even if one of them are struggling, the team still has countless leaders to turn to. This selfless and "we above me" mentality that all Yetis share creates a very special environment that is not found on many teams. This is especially impressive considering that the Yetis are a young and upcoming team, meaning the leaders on the team are young players and not veterans, and bodes well for Colorado's future Ultimus dreams.

RE: (S50) PT #3 - Locker Room Dynamics - Alf - 09-29-2024

PBE Affiliate PT