International Simulation Football League
(S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Thread: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory (/showthread.php?tid=53462)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - SoySavant - 10-12-2024

If there were to be a game played underwater, I believe Traffic Cone would be playing with a huge advantage. The biggest factor in this is that traffic cones don't need oxygen. Not to say that everyone else would drown, I imagine everybody would be outfitted with some kind of diving suit, but that's the thing, everyone else would be playing with extra equipment weighing them down that Cone wouldn't need. Given these circumstances, I imagine Cone would be able to move more easily than whatever defensive linemen he's blocking so I don't think Cone would be allowing much pressure in this environment. On the topic of speed, another aspect that would give Cone an advantage (or I guess offset an existing disadvantage) is that everyone is gonna be moving slowly underwater just given the nature of the environment. Cone already moves slowly which is possibly his biggest flaw right now, but underwater it would be a much more even playing field.

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - LiathTheSquirrel - 10-13-2024

With Football normally being played on a Grass or Turf field in a stadium I think The best place for where Football should be played is Underwater. Now the reason i have picked this place for football to be played is a multi faceted one. Let us start with the violently obvious reason my players name is JEFF THE LAND SHARK… So Jeff not only doesn’t need to wear extra gear unlike the human players of the league, jeff is also a lot faster in the water then he is on land add on the fact that the extra gear slows down human players and on top of all that jeff can also breath underwater. This also means whatever team Jeff is on has the advantage of jeff’s knowledge of underwater movement and i’m sure with that knowledge Jeff’s team would be able to adjust a lot faster to the new environment and dominate for a long while. Now there is one other thing any new team members add that would be undersea creatures would more easily understand jeff.

179 Words

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - dhoop - 10-13-2024

PBE Affiliate

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Raven - 10-13-2024

Code:
Written option: Football is typically played on a standard Grass or Turf field in a stadium, but what if by some set of circumstances a game had to played somewhere else like say Underwater, in a Volcano, or maybe on the Moon? Pick one of these places or a another unfamiliar territory and explain how your player and/or team would have to adapt to the unique environment!

San Jose, just a short drive away from some of the best beaches in California. It's time for the Saberkitties to bring back the sport of Football to the sand.

Remember the good ol days of tossing the ol' pigskin around on the beach? Well in this latest and greatest idea by the saberkitties franchise, they will bring one special game this season to the beach.

A special stadium has been constructed and the playing field is all glorious sand. How will players adjust to playing in this grainy, unstable surface? Will kicking up sand become a cheeky strategy? How fast can people really go on sand.

For the Saberkitties they have already started training on this playing field and it has been quite the adjustment. When trying to start a sprint players noticed how their foots would just sink into the sand which forced them to use more power to get away. This has caused the players to try and be ligher on their feet. Less weight put on the sand means more surefooting and less slipping away.

[179 words]

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - oilmandan - 10-13-2024

Well Honolulu is home to oceans nearby as well as a volcano in the area as well, so a suddenly changing landscape doesn't seem too far fetched. Maybe in this case the volcano erupted and spewed out lava onto the Hahalua field. Obviously we can't play on red hot lava, but once it cooled off, we could probably play no problem at all. With how unlevel it would be, I think there would be a distinct advantage to any offense as receivers could make their cuts based on the smoothness of the ground and defenders would struggle. Blocking in the line would be tough as it would create problems keeping ones footing while pushing on someone as you try to plant your feet in just the right place. A team could use special cleats that might dig into the lava to create some traction as well. Maybe nails or staples could do the trick

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Alf - 10-13-2024

PBE Affiliate PT

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - kenvald - 10-13-2024

SHL affiliate

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - Knif3yMan87 - 10-13-2024

PBE Affiliate - https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/index.php?showtopic=37654&view=findpost&p=783970

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - KC15 - 10-13-2024

PBE Affiliate PT

RE: (S50) PT #5 - Unfamiliar Territory - JaytheGreat - 10-13-2024

SHL Affiliate