International Simulation Football League
(S10) - PT 4 - Trade Deadline - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+---- Forum: Archived Point Tasks (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=53)
+---- Thread: (S10) - PT 4 - Trade Deadline (/showthread.php?tid=10375)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

(S10) - PT 4 - Trade Deadline - mckee29 - 09-20-2018

I think that there was one deal that cut way higher than the rest in terms of it's potential game changing inclinations and that trade was the one that sent Carter Bush to the Baltimore Hawks on a loan type deal that will see Bush returning to Philadelphia in the off-season after the Baltimore Hawks use him to aid their playoff run. Bush played a vital role as the top receiver for the Liberty this season behind grizzled veteran quarterback Logan Noble, who's long career will be coming to an end after many years of continuously declining play. In return, the Liberty have gained a third round pick in the upcoming S11 NSFL Draft which will help them to aid their ongoing rebuild with another player that will provide a depth role to the team. Many people are also looking at this as a continued attempt to drop their value, which means they are more likely to possess the first overall pick in the upcoming draft, where they will look to add elite talent to compliment their current core of Marquise Brown, Brock Weathers, Carter Bush, and Mark David as well as upcoming quarterback Adriana Falconi. Undoubtedly, this will make the Ultimus finals a lot more interesting.

(S10) - PT 4 - Trade Deadline - AW13 - 09-20-2018

PBE PT

(S10) - PT 4 - Trade Deadline - White Cornerback - 09-20-2018

Written: Must include 200 words. Write about a deal that happened in the past at the trade deadline that had changed the landscape of the league overnight.

Cast your eyes back to this groundbreaking trade which saw Philadelphia legend traded to the San Jose SaberCats. Many feel that this did indeed change the landscape of the league but not for the better. Ignoring the fact that it was all a gigantic meme for everybody to trade Lil Bot around the league like a transfer whore, I'm not sure Lil Bot actually amounted to anything and I can't be bothered to open the index to search for a guy that most likely didn't even play any games or had little amounts of rushing attempts.

Why was this trade groundbreaking for the league? Mostly because after the 5th or 6th time you had seen it, you never ever visited the trades area again on the site unless you were tagged or directed their directly. The ushering in of these trades meant that the "Trades" are of the site was blackballed and people ignored it for fear of being bamboozled whenever they entered that dastardly part of the forums.

Personally I have still not recovered from these series of trades and they will forever in my mind go down in history as the biggest blunder from the NSFL Head Office at the time they were made and not vetoed!!!! Typical dumb head office members and the dumb commissioner at the time

(S10) - PT 4 - Trade Deadline - Vikain - 09-20-2018

SHL PT Share

Please and thank you

(S10) - PT 4 - Trade Deadline - bovovovo - 09-20-2018

PBE - http://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/ind...indpost&p=40577

(S10) - PT 4 - Trade Deadline - infinitempg - 09-20-2018

[Image: QZEt5os.png]

(S10) - PT 4 - Trade Deadline - Zoone16 - 09-21-2018

SHL PT#3

(I have now used a NSFL PT for SHL. And an SHL PT for NSFL. TY Partnership!)

(S10) - PT 4 - Trade Deadline - Molarpistols - 09-21-2018

It was NSFL Season 7, the league had witnessed the Arizona Outlaws dynasty for seasons 1-3. In season 4, the Orange County Otters pulled off a stunning upset in the conference championship to unseat the Outlaws and begin their own run. After back to back to back Ultimus Championships, the Otters were looking strong.

With an aging core of players however, the Otters window of contention was slowly closing. Meanwhile, in Colorado, star TE/WR Carlito Crush was nearing free agency and expressed no interest in returning to the Yeti the following year.

The Yeti began shopping Crush, and the Otters shrewdly siezed the opportunity to grab a star receiving threat to push them towards another Ultimus.

The move worked, as the Otters made it to the Ultimus game for the fourth straight season, but were upset by the visiting Philadelphia Liberty.

This trade set the Otters up with a young, talented offensive weapon that stayed with the team for several seasons. No doubt Crush is part of the reason that the Otters have yet to miss the playoffs in the league's history.

This deal also helped to set the market for end-of-season rentals when a team is trying to push themselves over the edge and into the championship game.

(S10) - PT 4 - Trade Deadline - PaytonM34 - 09-21-2018

You wanna talk about league changing trades near the deadline? Holy shit , look at the trade that happened yesterday, Carlito Crush to the mother f-in New Orleans Second Line. How many offensive weapons is considered too many? Trick question, you're stupid for even thinking about it. Borkus is gonna be throwing for like 200 million yards by the end of the season, this dude Crush was the first overall pick in the S5 NSFL draft. You know who was the first overall pick in the S6 draft? Your boy Mills. Do the math, two first overall picks in a row, that's like, Cleveland Browns shit right there except we actually make good picks. Crush is coming to a team that already has the rest of the league by the balls, the dynasty will continue forever. You guys think that the Second Line is gonna start regressing soon? FALSE, boy we got young guys coming in every year, this trade just secured our position as the #1 team for many seasons to come. Sure, maybe the Otters deserve some sympathy for getting robbed. Wait a sec, no they don't, this is like John Gruden trading Khalil Mack to the bears for basically a week's allowance and some candy corn, we can make fun of them all day without a feeling of sympathy.

219 words

EDIT: You actually thought i was finished? lol yeah right. So far, as of week 8, whose been the only team to beat NOLA? The god damn otters. Who was their leading receiver in that game? CARLITO CRUSH WITH 103 YARDS AND 2 TD's! They traded away the one guy who actually did some damage to our defense, TO THEIR DIVISION RIVALS, PFTN BB WAT U DOIN OVER THERE, COME ON MAN

(S10) - PT 4 - Trade Deadline - nunccoepi - 09-21-2018

Overall it seems to that this trade deadline hasn't been very active and it's quite hard to gauge whether or not it's typical for the NSFL. In the 4 or 5 seasons I've been in the league we have had some trade deadlines that have been very active and some that hardly saw any amount of trades. This season, however, I am happy to see my Baltimore Hawks putting themselves out there. The Hawks have traded their S11 R3 pick to the ever-struggling Philadelphia Liberty in exchange for Carter Bush and the Liberty's S11 R4. This is very interesting because, apart from it including the GM of the Liberty himself, it also just amounts to moving down in the draft for a half-season rental (Bush is a free agent after this season). It makes sense for both teams, though as the Liberty are still in tank mode (they would call it Trusting the Process) and the Baltimore Hawks are looking to build themselves up as much as possible for their eminent playoff run. I've already seen offers similar to this one (see the NOLA/OCO trade for one example), so look for the trends to continue as they often do in this league.

(203)