International Simulation Football League
*Tegan Atwell Announcement - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Tegan Atwell Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=10476)

Pages: 1 2 3

*Tegan Atwell Announcement - Jiggly_333 - 09-28-2018

Just a day after the end of the season, Tegan Atwell called out for a media conference, which is a bit weird since she's not exactly a media type of person. After spending her entire career in Orange County, Atwell chose this past season to move on to Yellowknife to "start a new adventure". Many speculated a difference of personalities with Carlito Crush, others pointing to her preference for Spike Crown as her GM, while still others argue that she left because she just did not believe in the new quarter back, Gus T.T. Showbiz.

The season she's spent Yellowknife has been an explosive one, bursting into a leading role within the league, ending with 1348 yards, 9 touchdowns, and maintaining a 19.8 YPC. Surely she's finally solidified herself as an elite wide receiver, without the "Boss System" to hold her up. Some are even putting her name on their watch list for awards season.

But unfortunately, the season wasn't good enough. After falling to the Yeti in Week 13, they just couldn't hold onto their playoff spot and the Wraiths ended on up on the outside looking in. After having no real expectation to be in the race this long, this was truly heartbreaking for many Wraiths fans. But that heartbreak isn't over.

[Image: tumblr_o39ga8yszw1v9xfwco3_400.gif]

Tegan Atwell steps to the mic:

"First, I'd like to thank the Yellowknife Wraiths organization for taking a chance on me this past season. It is an amazing place to be and I've learned a lot here. This season has been a phenomenal one and I'd like to thank guys like Brad {Pennington} and Eric {Kennedy} for helping me along the way this season towards doing what I was able to do. I'll never forget the time I had here.

But on the other hand, I miss my home. I miss warmth. I miss games not in sub-zero temperatures. I miss playing somewhere with history. Somewhere where my family had history.

I'm going back to Orange County.

I have not been contacted by the Orange County Otters in a serious capacity at all about signing for them while I've been under contract in Yellowknife. This is my own decision that since I have no games left to play on my contract, I would like to come out and say it. I know what it's like to hold onto something too long without being honest and I don't want to do it here. I want to come home and in all honesty, I'll accept a pay cut to do so.

Orange County is my home more than anywhere ever could be.

And that's all I have to say. Thank you to Yellowknife. You've all been wonderful people. I love you all. This is just something that I have to do."

[Image: tumblr_ml26ym2kS81qg4blro3_500.gif]

OCO

Code:
Around 454 words

Mentioned:
@JKortesi81
@Bzerkap
@Molarpistols
@Dawegg
@SwagSloth

*Tegan Atwell Announcement - run_CMC - 09-28-2018

Consider me thoroughly whelmed

(That said, a nice read)

I think the most important part of this chapter of my career is that we all got to see "Goth Atwell".

[Image: giphy.gif]

*Tegan Atwell Announcement - kckolbe - 09-28-2018

And that's why expensive 1 year deals are a bad idea. So basically Yellowknife paid out the ass to pad Atwell's career stats until the #2 spot opened up again. This really sucks for Pennington, too, losing Kennedy and Atwell in one offseason, and Cook is nearly retired.

McPoyal is gonna be a stud in fantasy next year.

(09-28-2018, 08:28 PM)kckolbe Wrote:And that's why expensive 1 year deals are a bad idea.  So basically Yellowknife paid out the ass to pad Atwell's career stats until the #2 spot opened up again.  This really sucks for Pennington, too, losing Kennedy and Atwell in one offseason, and Cook is nearly retired. 

Bzer knew what he was doing.

[Image: source.gif]

*Tegan Atwell Announcement - speculadora - 09-28-2018

(09-28-2018, 10:28 PM)kckolbe Wrote:And that's why expensive 1 year deals are a bad idea.  So basically Yellowknife paid out the ass to pad Atwell's career stats until the #2 spot opened up again.  This really sucks for Pennington, too, losing Kennedy and Atwell in one offseason, and Cook is nearly retired. 

I'm not really sure I get what you're saying. It's easy to underestimate the impact of a WR, but look how much worse OCO was without Atwell and then without Crush. YKW paid for a shot at another playoff run, one that they probably aren't nearly as close to without an extra high level WR. If YKW had the cap space either way they basically lost nothing in this situation in terms of their investment

*Tegan Atwell Announcement - SwagSloth - 09-28-2018

Good playing with you. I wish you well in OCO.

*Tegan Atwell Announcement - RedCydranth - 09-29-2018

I look forward to having my Pirate back beside me. You were thoroughly missed.

*Tegan Atwell Announcement - Jiggly_333 - 09-29-2018

(09-28-2018, 11:15 PM)RedCydranth Wrote:I look forward to having my Pirate back beside me. You were thoroughly missed.
I told you I could fix it.

[Image: bd89e22916bfbb74d045d8e55cd8a7c869cab7a0_00.gif]

Also, duh, Pirates 4 Life
[Image: tumblr_p6s7k4GkDa1rmcoy8o2_500.gif]

*Tegan Atwell Announcement - YoungTB - 09-29-2018

[Image: czSSiMI.jpg]

Pennington right now