International Simulation Football League
Robicheaux Reps San Jose Pancake Parlor - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Robicheaux Reps San Jose Pancake Parlor (/showthread.php?tid=1064)

Robicheaux Reps San Jose Pancake Parlor - Electraspace - 06-06-2017

It's no secret that Daniel Robicheaux loves pancakes. The SaberCats right tackle delivered plenty of them during his time on the Ole Miss offensive line (which was even nicknamed the Mississippi House of Pancakes by fans) and became a key part of the Rebels' stellar offense his senior year, and he plans to make some more once the NSFL season gets underway. But what some of his fans and peers don't realize is that he also enjoys pancakes off the field.

"I've loved pancakes ever since I had them as a kid," Daniel revealed in an interview. "They're like the perfect sweet breakfast. You can put whatever you want in 'em, on 'em, whatever. You can put berries in them if you're a fruit person, you can put chocolate chips in if you're a chocolate lover. You can make a few small ones or you can make 'em nice and fluffy, they're just awesome."

It's not just making pancakes at home that satisfies him, though; in his spare time he searches across the whole Bay Area to find the best pancake restaurant he can find. So far, this search has yielded one restaurant that, to him, stands head and shoulders above the rest: San Jose Pancake Parlor. Opened in just 2011, the restaurant hasn't gotten the local fame as some of its competitors, and has faced a few financial challenges. Robicheaux, however, thinks that should change.

"There's no better pancake place in the city, not even close," Daniel spoke of the Pancake Parlor. "The pancakes themselves are great, the staff is great, you can get whatever you want in 'em, however many you want, it's awesome. And the syrup? Man, I could chug that stuff. It's the best syrup I've ever had, no question. It's just a shame it doesn't get that many visitors though, it's the best one out of all of them I've tried, and I've tried a lot of pancake places. Seriously, if there was a religion where you get these pancakes and syrup instead of the bread and wine, I think I might have a change of faith."

The Parlor may not have to wait for a spike in visitors for much longer, however. Robicheaux recently appeared in a local ad for a "Pancakes for Pancakes" promotion the restaurant is starting, where they promise to make everyone a free pancake for every pancake block the SaberCats' offensive line lands during a game, which both the staff and Daniel hope brings in more returning customers. He also says he hopes to host a meet and eat event with his o-line teammates in the future.

"Daniel's such a nice guy. He's a great football player, but he's also really just a great guy off the field too," manager Andy Howe spoke of him. "I don't know if we could've found anyone much better to work with for this kind of thing. I offered him free pancakes whenever he feels like it, but he still wants to pay for them anyway, and I think that's just swell of him."

While it's unclear how much success the SaberCats' offensive line will bring to the Pancake Parlor, we do know Daniel Robicheaux has something new to play hard for. Even without the promotional offer, however, he hopes his association with the restaurant brings in some new faces. And his recommendation? Blueberry and chocolate chip.

Robicheaux Reps San Jose Pancake Parlor - SimmerDownBruhh - 06-06-2017

Pancakessssssssss. ????????????????????

Robicheaux Reps San Jose Pancake Parlor - dropbear - 06-06-2017

Extra motivation to put defenders on their backs. Let's get this local business BOOMING!

Also, petition to rename San Jose OL to 'San Jose Pancake Parlor'. SJS

Robicheaux Reps San Jose Pancake Parlor - Perkules - 06-06-2017

Pancakes > crab legs