International Simulation Football League
*Errol Maddox DSFL Draft Destinations - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Errol Maddox DSFL Draft Destinations (/showthread.php?tid=10658)

*Errol Maddox DSFL Draft Destinations - PigSnout - 10-12-2018

With the DSFL Draft approaching, I figured I'd take some time to look at some of the potential destinations for Errol Maddox to be drafted to. I don't really have any preferences among the teams, so this isn't meant to be a ranking of the teams but more so just looking at each team and seeing how I could fit there. By my projection, I should be roughly around 170 TPE at the start of the season, so I'll be using that as a baseline when comparing myself to other receivers. Also, I'll just be looking at fit for this coming season. I'm not sure how many seasons I'll play in the DSFL, I'd be interested in potentially playing a second DSFL season, but I'll wait to see which NSFL team drafts me and what their plans are for me in my rookie year, so I'll just be looking from the perspective of next season since I don't know if I'll be in the DSFL after that or not. Let's look at the teams and see where I could fit on them:

KCC Kansas City Coyotes KCC

The Kansas City Coyotes will be making the first pick of the DSFL Draft. After missing the playoffs last season, they'll be looking to add some difference makers to help them make it back to the playoffs this year. Errol Maddox could be one of the players to help them do that. He would be able to make an immediate impact on the Coyotes' team. They currently have 3 receivers on the roster: Jordan von Matt, Yulic Nagasawa, and Alsan Arshad. However, the Liberty have stated that they plan to call von Matt up to the NSFL next season, so the Coyotes will only have two receivers entering next season. Since Alsan Arshad is inactive and only at 71 TPE, Maddox would already be ahead of him from the start, so he would be able to be one of the top two receivers right away on the Coyotes. If Nagasawa plays in the NSFL during his rookie season, Maddox could step into a number one receiving role here immediately. Either way, Maddox would be able to be an impact player for the Coyotes right away as they could use some help at wide receiver. The Coyotes were the first team to contact Maddox, so they definitely have some interest and it seems like he could be a good fit for them. The Coyotes have good draft capital with both the #1 overall pick and the #5 overall pick, so either of those picks could be a potential landing spot for Maddox depending on where his draft stock is. From a storyline perspective, it would be fun for Maddox to go to the Coyotes and to try to help them make it back to the playoffs after missing out last year and to try to help them win their first championship. Overall, the Coyotes seem like a place where Errol Maddox would be able to make an immediate impact and would be a good landing spot for him.

SA San Antonio Marshals SA

The San Antonio Marshals are second in the draft order, though they do not pick until the second round as they traded their first round pick from this season during last year's draft. They are a bit crowded at wide receiver, though Maddox could still find a role here. The wide receivers they currently have on their roster are: ShaDarrien LaMelllana, Harvey Kindle, Ty Justice, Blake Marchand, Jai Turner, Jake Gore, and Jeff Taven. However, Blake Marchand, Jai Turner, Jake Gore, and Jeff Taven are all inactive players with less TPE than Maddox, so he would be able to overtake them on the depth chart immediately. How big of a role Maddox could have here would likely depend on what happens with the other receivers. LaMelllana has been in the DSFL for a couple seasons now, so he could get called up this year, and it's possible that Kindle or Justice is drafted to a team that wants to use them right away in the NSFL as a rookie. If they all stay down, Maddox wouldn't have as much of a role here since there would be three receivers ahead of him on the depth chart, but I think he would develop fast enough to still earn a spot in the rotation and get some usage. At 230 TPE, Zenyou Wozy will be one of the top quarterbacks in the DSFL next year so the Marshals may look to take advantage of this with a pass heavy offense, which could mean it would be helpful to have a deep receiver corps. Wide receiver might not be the biggest need for the Marshals, but you could make a case that Errol Maddox would likely be the best player available if he is on the board when they pick at #6 overall so he may be a smart pick for them. The likelihood of Maddox going to the Marshals likely depends on how other teams value him as that will determine whether he is still on the board when the Marshals have their first pick or if he gets picked earlier on. While there may not be as much room for an immediate impact on the Marshals, I think Maddox could still get to carve out a role here and could get to be part of a top passing attack if he is drafted by the Marshals.

POR Portland Pythons POR

After a trade with the Marshals last season, the Pythons hold back to back picks in the first round of the DSFL draft. This is a team that Errol Maddox already has familiarity with as he joined them on waivers at the end of Season 10. He played 4 games with the Pythons and recorded 12 catches for 64 receiving yards. He didn't play a huge role on the team, but I think that he would be a much more impactful player for them next year after a full off season of updates to get him up to a higher level. Wide receiver is a potential position of need for the Pythons this year. They currently have 4 wide receivers on the roster: Felix Hasselhoff, Sunnycursed, Josh Parker, and Taylor Peterson. However, the Liberty have stated that they plan to call Hasselhoff up to the NSFL this season, so the Pythons will be down to three receivers for next year. Taylor Peterson is inactive and at 108 TPE, so Maddox would be ahead of him by next season so he would be at least the third best receiver on the Pythons next year. The other question for the Pythons' receivers is whether Sunnycursed and Josh Parker will be back for another season or if either or both of them will get started in the NSFL immediately. It's possible that the Pythons could have more holes to fill at wide receiver depending on send downs. So it's likely that they could use at least one new receiver next year and Maddox could make a return to Portland in a bigger role this season. With Joliet L. Christ heading up to the NSFL, the Pythons will be looking to develop Johnson Cox III as their quarterback of the future so it would be helpful to surround him with some good receivers to help him get off to a good start. The Pythons picked Maddox up when he was on waivers last season and have contacted him about the draft, so they have already shown some interest in him and it seems like he could fill a potential need for them depending on their wide receiver situation. If the Pythons are interested in Maddox, they'll be in good position to draft him with back to back picks at #2 and #3 overall and also the #7 overall pick if he is still available in the second round, so they'll have several opportunities to take them. Maddox got to make a trip to the Ultimini game with the Pythons this year but didn't make much of an impact for them in the playoffs, so it would be cool to see him come back to Portland and play a bigger role to help them get over the top this time and win a championship. The Pythons are a familiar team that Errol Maddox already has ties to and it seems like they could provide a good spot for him to take a larger role next season if they draft him.

TIJ Tijuana Luchadores TIJ

As the reigning champions, the Tijuana Luchadores will hold the final spot in the DSFL draft order. They've put together a very impressive run winning the last three championships in a row. They'll be looking to add some players that will help them keep their dominance alive and perhaps Errol Maddox could be one of those players. They are a bit crowded at wide receiver right now with 6 on the roster, but there would be room for Maddox to earn his way up the depth chart. Their current wide receivers are: Thjalfi Halvorsen, Roger Batoff, Tanner Hendrix, Ricardo Jones, Jaylin Hobbs, and Berrell Trister. Though Maddox would immediately be at least the fourth best receiver here as Hendrix, Jones, and Trister are all inactive players with less TPE than Maddox so he is already better than them. Where Maddox would fall relative to the other wide receivers would depend on how the offseason development goes. The other players are in a range where Maddox could catch up to them, but are still active so they will continue to improve as well. It's possible Maddox could overtake them if they don't develop as quickly or that they could all be ahead of him if they make big updates over the offseason. Either way, even if these other receivers stay ahead of Maddox, he would still be good enough by the start of the season to at least get a rotational role and get some touches so he would probably still be able to make an impact here. With Adriana Falconi heading up to the NSFL next season, the Luchadores will be going forward with Andreas Metaxas as their new starting quarterback. Already at 245 TPE, Metaxas will be ready to step into the role and could be one of the top quarterbacks in the DSFL next season so the Luchadores may try to build up their receiver talent so that they will be able to capitalize on Metaxas's skills next season, so they could be looking to target a wide receiver in the draft. Their first pick will be the #4 overall pick, so they may consider Maddox with that pick if he's still on the board and some other players have gone ahead of him. They also have the #8 overall pick at the end of the second round and it's hard to see Maddox falling too much further if he's still available then so he could go there if his stock is not as high and he falls further. It would be cool to see Maddox joining a team like the Luchadores that has shown themselves to be proven winners in the last few years as they seem like the team to beat right now with their recent run of championships. He might have to fight his way up the depth chart a bit more here, but I think the Luchadores would be a good fit where Errol Maddox could find a nice role to play and be an impact player.

Overall, it looks like any of these teams could be a good fit for Errol Maddox and a place where he could find a nice role. At this point I haven't gotten any indication about which team will take me or about where my draft stock is up, so I don't really have any idea about where I will end up. It should be an exciting draft since I don't really have a read on how it is going to go. Either way, I'm looking forward to finding out soon and seeing where I will be playing my DSFL career and starting Errol Maddox's journey.

*Errol Maddox DSFL Draft Destinations - Ben - 10-12-2018

I always planned to create a player at some stage with Stefon Diggs as the render.
If Maddox has a career similar to Tweed then I don't think it would be right to tho.
Hopefully you are drafted by Tijuana I'd love to share a LR with you!

*Errol Maddox DSFL Draft Destinations - Daybe - 10-12-2018

Love the write up! I know wherever you go, you'll be able to be an immediate contributor.

*Errol Maddox DSFL Draft Destinations - PDXBaller - 10-12-2018

Go Pythons!

*Errol Maddox DSFL Draft Destinations - Dangles13 - 10-12-2018

Better hope you are on my team or I'm gonna light you up! Wink