International Simulation Football League
*Montgomery Talks Draft and Development - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Montgomery Talks Draft and Development (/showthread.php?tid=10666)

*Montgomery Talks Draft and Development - Dangles13 - 10-12-2018

Dop-dop, dop-dop, rain dripped out of the corner of the eave and down onto the old wooden porch of the Montgomery family. The dripping sound punctuated the gentle pitter-patter of the steady rain cascading on the Wisconsin farm, occasionally, a distant rumble of thunder could be heard in the background. Despite the rain, it was still a warm day and it afforded the reporter from 105.7 The Fan and Beau Montgomery the opportunity to sit outside and conduct an interview. The two sat at a hand-made bench and table combination that was built by Beau's grandfather. Beau's mother, Regina, brought out sweet tea and gingersnap cookies for the two as the reporter pulled out his cell phone to record the talk.

Beau reached a large hand across to the man, "thank you for coming down here, Mr. Freimund. I appreciate you meeting me here instead of having me head into the town".

Chuck Freimund took the proffered hand, "Call me Chuck, please. It was no problem, I like seeing where people come from, it gives me another way of looking at people. Alright, so my sources tell me that you have declared for the upcoming DSFL draft, is that true?"

"Yes, sir" responded Beau in typical well-mannered farm boy fashion. "I finished up with Florida State and it is time to start my professional career. I had scouts from the NFL, CFL and AFL reach out to me but my heart is set on making it work in the NSFL. I feel that my future lies with that league."

The correspondent from The Fan repositioned himself on the bench and took a sip of the sweet tea before answering. “Well, Beau, I think many of our listeners would like to know why the NSFL? What separates it from any other league as the best for you”?

“That’s easy, Chuck. The NSFL is the only major football league with a developmental system in place. I don’t want to sit on the bench and learn the game from a book, I’m the kind of guy who needs to get reps in on the field; I need to be forged in the fire. That’s not to say sitting on the pine and learning from some of the greats isn’t a bad thing but I need more than that and the NSFL offers it” responded the prospect from Wisconsin.

Chuck finished the gingersnap cookie he was eating and looked at Beau, “First off, your momma bakes damn good cookies. Secondly, I like where your head is at. Not every young player knows what they need to get to the next level and I personally believe that is why they don’t pan out. I think that too often people write players off as lazy or talentless or what have you when really they were not offered the proper development plan”.

“Yeah man, I’m hoping that whatever DSFL team scoops me up is willing to work with me instead of just expecting me to jump through their hoops. I got no problem doing what I’m told as long as it makes sense to me; I just hate doing stuff that doesn’t work for me and then being told I’m dumb or not doing it right. I was lucky to have a great coach at Florida State that was willing to re-work all his plans” stated Beau.

The sky turned dark, the two men could barely see each other anymore, the air turned cold and before either one could suggest they head inside, the sky was ripped asunder by a bolt of lightning followed by a kra-kow rumbling across the farm. Without a word, both men scrambled to their feet and headed inside the house.

Though the interview was ended prematurely, Chuck felt that he had enough material to not only fill out a nice segment on the draftee but he had enough to entice the young man back for a follow up after the draft. With the draft set to be held this upcoming Monday, Chuck may not have to wait long to get Beau Montgomery into another interview.

At the farm, Beau wondered to himself if he conducted himself well enough or if he came off a little too much like a farm boy. The last thing Beau wants to do is lower his draft stock at the last minute, this is his future and he can’t afford to squander it. Nothing the young man can do but wait for his new GM to call him in a few days.

*Montgomery Talks Draft and Development - timeconsumer - 10-12-2018

Bust

*Montgomery Talks Draft and Development - Dangles13 - 10-12-2018

(10-12-2018, 03:17 PM)timeconsumer Wrote:Bust
Busty*

*Montgomery Talks Draft and Development - Justice - 10-12-2018

next wilt chamberlain over here