International Simulation Football League
NSFL Wonderdome - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discussion (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+---- Forum: ISFL Thunderdome (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+---- Thread: NSFL Wonderdome (/showthread.php?tid=10672)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

NSFL Wonderdome - Jiggly_333 - 10-12-2018

So, the SHL started this as a joke but it turned into something really nice and really cool.

Basically: Be nice to each other. Say the nice things you don't normally say. Instead of tossing around hate at people, try finding something nice to say about them.

I'll start it off by talking to some people I usually don't get on with:

@DeathOnReddit You're a very committed dude and while I may insult you for your age sometimes, it's also a compliment to see someone wanting to take on the sort of roles that you take on while you still have to deal with school. It was nice to have you on the Draft stream and tbh, you were one of my picks for one of the times I was looking for a Co-GM. You have an energy that is unrivaled in this league.

@ADwyer87 I remember we were almost friends early on in the league. You were one of the people who I DM'd about mental health and just talked to. You talked me out of leaving. While we may get at each other sometimes, I don't not like you. Also, I just think it's really cool that I finally found someone who at least knows who OX is.

@Daybe You're young and you're a memer. While I don't really like memers, sometimes you come up with some good shit. While there's times you need to slow down, you're still a good kid.

@kckolbe I remember the first time I PM'd you for scouting and when I asked you for a song you gave me Ben Folds and I thought that was amazing. There's plenty of times where I disagree with things you say, or even believe in I guess (the whole "Winning" thing), you're still a good guy who just wants the best for the league and the people in it.

@White Cornerback You took on the weight of the goddamn world for a long time for this league. While I will probably always disagree with your taste in women, I cannot deny everything you've done for this league and the people within it.

Also,

@Evok You're the best. I will take your advice on food next time I go on a soccer road trip to Montreal.

It's not that I don't get along with Evok, I just wanted to also say you can use this place for people you do get along with and want to say something nice about.

The world is a shitty place right now. Let's try to make it a little less shitty at least for each other.

Hopefully this can turn into a sub-forum and not just a lone topic in here.

NSFL Wonderdome - White Cornerback - 10-12-2018

@Waters does not actually smell half as bad as people say

NSFL Wonderdome - Daybe - 10-12-2018

@White Cornerback @Bzerkap @kckolbe @SwagSloth @tlk742 thank you all for making my first sim league experience in YKW a memorable one. It really helped me keep coming back to the site.

NSFL Wonderdome - ADwyer87 - 10-13-2018

thanks buddy, I'm glad i talked you out of leaving. Always here to talk about stuffs like that. also OX stuff, because its lit

NSFL Wonderdome - DeathOnReddit - 10-13-2018

@Jiggly_333 While you have your downfalls, I appreciate that you atleast try to help out the league. You don't always succeed but you're trying and I think a lot of us notice that.

@kckolbe We've had our arguments, but you've been really helpful with what to build and with others. You obviously care about the sim league, and I can see you becoming a great GM one day.

@YoungTB youre a cocky fuck but you're fun to trash talk with and dont take it too serious. In a time where we all are trash talking philly I can tell your keeping guys active and thats awesome.

@Daybe you're my boi

@White Cornerback We've had our discussion and disagreements, but you were a huge help to the league when it really needed a good leader to keep it afloat. you drink milk though and thats nasty ew

NSFL Wonderdome - SwagSloth - 10-13-2018

Not a lot of people know this, but I found this league at a time when things got really rough and this community was there for me when I needed them, which I really appreciate it. Just having something positive to focus on and direct your energy into can go a long way. I'm really proud of the work that so many have put into this league and glad that it is still going strong.

@Daybe I always enjoyed sharing a LR with you, dude! Thanks for the shout-out. S2 was definitely a great time and we were blessed with a lot of good guys around us to make the LR fun and help us figure out what we were doing. I know I really needed the help back then!

@Bzerkap My former GM and an absolutely amazing dude. He took me under his wing and taught me a lot. More importantly, he made this experience a lot of fun. He was super understanding when I had to step down as GM out of the blue and he's someone I will miss sharing a LR with.

Additional shout-outs to [@bovovovo] @White Cornerback @AzhekAhriman and the rest of the YKW family (from all seasons). I know I'm missing a ton of people, so I apologize if you weren't mentioned directly.

NSFL Wonderdome - Bzerkap - 10-13-2018

(10-13-2018, 06:15 AM)SwagSloth Wrote:Not a lot of people know this, but I found this league at a time when things got really rough and this community was there for me when I needed them, which I really appreciate it. Just having something positive to focus on and direct your energy into can go a long way. I'm really proud of the work that so many have put into this league and glad that it is still going strong.

@Daybe I always enjoyed sharing a LR with you, dude! Thanks for the shout-out. S2 was definitely a great time and we were blessed with a lot of good guys around us to make the LR fun and help us figure out what we were doing. I know I really needed the help back then!

@Bzerkap My former GM and an absolutely amazing dude. He took me under his wing and taught me a lot. More importantly, he made this experience a lot of fun. He was super understanding when I had to step down as GM out of the blue and he's someone I will miss sharing a LR with.

Additional shout-outs to [@bovovovo] @White Cornerback @AzhekAhriman and the rest of the YKW family (from all seasons). I know I'm missing a ton of people, so I apologize if you weren't mentioned directly.
RIP the original goon squad

NSFL Wonderdome - Daybe - 10-13-2018

(10-13-2018, 07:00 AM)Bzerkap Wrote:RIP the original goon squad

Rip 5000 word Ricky Maddox articles

NSFL Wonderdome - SwagSloth - 10-13-2018

(10-13-2018, 08:39 AM)Daybe Wrote:Rip 5000 word Ricky Maddox articles
Another great dude. Broke my heart when he went IA.

NSFL Wonderdome - ztevans - 10-13-2018

To @timeconsumer for nagging me to death and talking me into giving this league another shot even when I insisted time and time again in SCOR voice to anyone who would listen (@kckolbe @Jiggly_333 @others) I never would.

Also to really any of the GMs and rookie mentor peeps for working with rookies like me. It's a good set-up you have. You know who you are and your names.