International Simulation Football League
*Jaylin Hobbs Draft day rollercoaster - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Jaylin Hobbs Draft day rollercoaster (/showthread.php?tid=10711)

*Jaylin Hobbs Draft day rollercoaster - Jayhawk - 10-14-2018

The Jaylin Hobbs Rollercoaster Draft day was interesting to say the least. After doing a few team interviews, the day finally arrived, Draft day. 

While Hobbs never expected himself to go anywhere in the first two rounds, his excitement began to grow midway through the third round. “ I thought i may have gone somewhere in the 21 to 24 range. When we started the fourth round i was pretty shocked to see guys like Ty Justice still around. That’s when i knew i would be going pretty far down the line.” Said Hobbs.

It wasn’t until the 29th pick that Jaylin Hobbs got to hear his name called out. Philly had claimed the young wide receiver. Shortly after the Draft tho, it was announced that the Baltimore Hawks had made a trade to acquire him from Philly. The Trade was next years 3rd and 4th to Philly for Hobbs and Phillys 4th.

“ It was pretty unexpected. I had an Interview with Philly so i did expect them to maybe be a landing spot for me. I never expected Baltimore to make a trade for me. That was the Unexpected part. I got a call from Philly saying “Welcome to Philadelphia!” and about an hour later getting another call from Philly saying “hey glad to have had you, you’ve been traded to defending Champions Baltimore!” Then about 30 min later getting a call from Baltimore saying “Hey, welcome to Baltimore, We really wanted you!””.

The roller coaster ride wasn’t quite done there. The Baltimore Brass reached out again the next morning. “ Ya. SLM reached out and broke down what they are planning for me in timelines and stuff. They are sending me back to Tijuana for what looks like 2 more seasons so i can develop properly. They have set up some off season meetings with their trainers to go over my training for the offseason. There are certain goals that will be set and i will have to meet them. They also laid out my contract for the next while which is generous. I’m pretty speechless at the moment. It was a quick turn of events and it’s still a lot to take in.”

Hobbs and his family have spend the day going over living situations in Tijuana. He plans on buying a home there soon. “ The plan is to be there for 2 seasons so it’s worth getting my own place. Nothing big, just enough for me and my family when they visit.”

The upcoming season in the DSFL is a very important one.” Tijuana made the finals 4 straight seasons and have now won 3 straight Championships. That’s huge. No team has won 3 straight. Now we get the chance to make that harder to break by winning a fourth. We still have the team to do it too. Tijuana is a talented team and we will do everything we can to make it 4 straight! Man i never expected this, Tijuana signs me to their roster, we win the ULTIMI and i’m a champion, something no one can ever take away from me. I get drafted by Philly, traded to the defending Champion Baltimore Hawks and now i am going back to Tijuana to try and make it 4 straight and maybe even 5! Long shot but right now no other team can say that.”

Last season Hobbs was a new guy finding his place in the team. He did contribute with 102 yards in 6 games.” I expect to be a bigger part of the offense this season. I got a good feel of the offense. Not sure which players are coming back but we have enough depth to win. I wasn’t even sure they would have wanted me back. After Baltimore told me i was going back i got so excited. These opportunities are so rare, you can go a life time and never get a chance at history like this.”

When asked how he felt about being traded right away without ever getting a chance to prove himself in Philly he said “ Nah i’m good. obviously i would have liked to show my worth but my father always told me the farther you fall in the draft, the more people think your value is low, the greater your legacy when you show them what you can do. I believe in my ability and i’ll put it to use in Baltimore when the time comes. For now i’ll show my worth in the DSFL.”

The Training from here to the beginning of the season will be intense for Hobbs who admits he’s a little behind in the development at this level. Having arrived behind the rest of his draft class, he knows he needs to step it up, and he firmly believes he can.

As for Baltimore, They have a firm belief that they have a huge piece for the future. “ He should be in Baltimore in a few seasons, but when he gets here we expect him to be an impact player almost right away. He’s a 6’4”, 230 pound Wide receiver who can move with speed and has great hands. He’s been known as a Red Zone Threat and even though he didn’t get a Touchdown last season he has the ability to get a solid amount this season. Hobbs is going to be really good for us in the near future and we are happy we could get him.”

In a draft that was Defense first, and a deep offensive group, Hobbs may be a sleeper pick if you believe what’s said. Let’s be honest tho, He came in late, got picked up in Week 9 by Tijuana, had 10 catches for 102 yards and no touchdowns. He was drafted 29th over all before being traded to Baltimore. It’s been an full season for Hobbs. Hopefully it’ll be a solid season this year, maybe without all the drama to go with it. Let’s see what this Wide receiver has to offer. When it’s all said and done, Maybe it was Baltimore that got the “steal” of the draft.

*Jaylin Hobbs Draft day rollercoaster - manicmav36 - 10-14-2018

Great write up, we're excited we could grab you!

*Jaylin Hobbs Draft day rollercoaster - iamslm22 - 10-14-2018

Great article man! So happy we were able to trade for you. I know nunc is happy he'll get to have you for another couple seasons. I can't wait til you're up in Baltimore dominating for us.