International Simulation Football League
*DBotY Interacts with the Media - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *DBotY Interacts with the Media (/showthread.php?tid=10806)

*DBotY Interacts with the Media - sapp2013 - 10-18-2018

Over the past week, we have seen a lot of change in the NSFL. The Season 11 draft has commenced, new players are getting acquainted with their teams, and trades are being made before training camp and the preseason begin. One trade that shook up the NSFC was the Yeti trading two defensive cornerstones in Andre Bly Jr. and Eli Kamaka to the Philadelphia Liberty in exchange for a future draft pick. Eli is used to moving around, but this is new territory for Andre. He has spent the past 6 seasons in Colorado, and despite some rough patches in there, including a 30 game losing streak and the trading away of his S5 draftee counterpart in Carlito Crush, Andre had not expressed a desire to move on from his team until just before the Season 10 draft. His contract was up at the end of season 10, and it seemed like he was going to hit free agency. After the yeti’s semifinal loss to the Baltimore Hawks, Andre left the stadium and drove, apart from his team, to his second home in Boynton Beach, Florida. There, he trained and spoke to his agent regarding the impeding free agency, what teams had interest in him after a career year as a defensive back, and what his salary may look like at each destination. All of that changed overnight.

Andre had made his decision. He was heading to Yellowknife to pair up with a perennial All-star in Dermot Lavelle and make Yellowknife a nightmare for opposing offenses. The duo racked up a total of 15 interceptions during season 10. The one problem? A CLAUSE. THE CLAUSE. Both Andre and his agent had glanced over this small clause in his contract and didn’t think twice about it until it became an issue this past summer. The clause states that if a player does not attend the end of season meeting with the owners, the player must play one more season with the team at last year’s salary, if the team wants to enforce it. When asked about why this clause is only now getting media attention, Andre’s Agent has this to say: “It is a clause that is very common around the league, but usually has very little effect on players of this caliber. It is something we overlooked, and I will take the blame for the oversight and extending my clients career in a place he does not want to be.” Andre’s agent declined to answer any further questions regarding the situation.

Mr. Bly attended the Season 11 draft despite his team not having any picks until the 5th round. The media was finally able to get his reaction to this bizarre situation, which he responded with, “It is a part of the contract. If I didn’t want this to happen to me, I wouldn’t have taken it so lightly. No one else to blame except for me and my camp.” When pressed further about why he had expressed interest in going to Yellowknife, Andre lit up and said with a smirk on his face, “When I came into this league, I wanted to play with the best of the best. Quarterbacks had to pick their poison between me and the other guy, and not just avoid me so they can rack up yards and points against that other guy. Look at what happened when I was paired up with Double-B ad T-Bone. I was the best Overall player as a rookie and was named the top Defensive back when paired with T-Bone this past year. If I don’t have a guy that falls over in a light breeze on the other side of the defense, we dominate. It’s as simple as that.” Adjusting his hat and sunglasses, Andre grabs the mic and resumes his monolog, “I said it when I was a rookie. I wanted to play with Dermot. We would be the best pair in the league. No questions asked. I tried to get him to join me in Colorado when it was apparent that Yellowknife could not compete anymore, but he declined. So now to get my shot, I have to go join him.” Staring into the camera, Andre says,

“Hey Yellowknife, Come get me.”

Within the week, Andre Bly Jr. was traded. Not to the Wraiths, but to the Liberty of Philadelphia. One word to describe how he was feeling would be “Irate”, but if you asked him, it would be a much fouler variation of words. Andre has discussed his discontent with not being in Yellowknife with one of the GMs of the Liberty, but will continue to play for the team this season to remain at his peak performance moving into the next season.

Code:
787 words.

p.s. I am still not coming back, but I felt the need to add onto Andre’s Story.

P.P.S. :eyes:

*DBotY Interacts with the Media - iamslm22 - 10-18-2018

Wow. No one could have predicted this.

*DBotY Interacts with the Media - DeathOnReddit - 10-18-2018

good to see you around at least

*DBotY Interacts with the Media - manicmav36 - 10-18-2018

(10-18-2018, 05:36 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:Wow. No one could have predicted this.

*DBotY Interacts with the Media - run_CMC - 10-18-2018

lame

*DBotY Interacts with the Media - RedCydranth - 10-18-2018

*ahem* Co-DBotY.

*DBotY Interacts with the Media - bovovovo - 10-19-2018

(10-18-2018, 05:36 PM)iamslm22 Wrote:Wow. No one could have predicted this.

*DBotY Interacts with the Media - YoungTB - 10-19-2018

Instead of trash Dermot you now have Garnett and Lucari to play with! Big Grin

*DBotY Interacts with the Media - Tinkler - 10-19-2018

(10-19-2018, 11:54 AM)YoungTB Wrote:Instead of trash Dermot you now have Garnett and Lucari to play with! Big Grin

Ahem.

*DBotY Interacts with the Media - YoungTB - 10-19-2018

(10-19-2018, 01:59 PM)Tinkler Wrote:Ahem.

Also Cobalt :eyes: