International Simulation Football League
*Hornbacher's Way Too Early Team Prospects Review - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: *Hornbacher's Way Too Early Team Prospects Review (/showthread.php?tid=10911)

Pages: 1 2

*Hornbacher's Way Too Early Team Prospects Review - PDXBaller - 10-29-2018

The NSFL Draft is still weeks away, but I wanted to give my thoughts on all the prospective teams in this draft for Axel Hornbacher. Hornbacher is a 6’2”, 215lb All-Around Safety with the ability to play defensive back or linebacker. I don’t want to answer the same GM questions over and over, so I figured I’d lump the most popular questions into one media post and also provide my thoughts on all the teams along with my fit.

Are you willing to switch positions?
No, I am not willing to switch positions. I believe the All-Around Safety archetype provides enough flexibility between Safety, Cornerback, and Linebacker and these are positions of need for most teams.

What is your expected level of activity?
I am hoping to max out all my stats with Hornbacher and will be adamant about getting every TPE opportunity. Although I had a later start than some other players, I am 150 TPE as of this article. I am not as active as I once was, but I can assist in sim testing or strategizing from time to time.

What type of contract are you looking for?
Unless you are a ‘rebuilding’ team, my asking contract is a 2 year contract with player options for both years. Do not expect team loyalty from me as I plan on bouncing around to the highest bidder with any opportunity that comes my way. I want to really mix things up with this character and see where the money takes me.

Team Breakdown (in no particular order)

Baltimore Hawks BAL
Being a Liberty player for most of Kamaka’s career, I have grown to love the city of Philadelphia…and hate the Baltimore Hawks! That life, however, is past me and I am now open to the idea of playing on this championship caliber team. I deeply respect their GMs (@manicmav36 and @iamslm22) and I think they’ve always had great leadership and direction in the time I’ve been in the league. I could be a good replacement for Avon once he retires and help the defensive backfield since it’s only Steven Oats and Damien Arnold as the only active players. They have a solid offense that I believe can be competitive for quite a few seasons since they’ve drafted so well in the past seasons.

Arizona Outlaws ARI
I can’t say enough good things about their GM (@run_CMC) who happens to be my favorite NSFL kicker. I think he’s done an amazing job picking the franchise up and drafted top talent. This roster is incredibly active and I think they are on the cusp of bringing Arizona to legitimate contender status. As far as fit goes, I wouldn’t be able to play safety here with Darren Morris (I miss you @Roly) and Bucky Barnes starting. They don’t have any active cornerbacks though and I could see myself playing that role here just fine. There’s a few gaps on offense, but I’m confident in run_CMC and I know he’ll shore those up very quickly in this next draft.

Colorado Yeti COL
I had a wonderful time being a member of the Yeti and I’m very impressed by how much time and dedication that @dropbear and @infinitempg have put into the team and this league. These guys seriously do not receive enough credit for taking on a team with such marred history. I would be happy to come back and help this team win an Ultimus since they are a great group of guys who are trying to rebuild the team after several failed draft picks and inadequate direction. They have enough talent to maybe make a few playoff runs, but will need to rebuild through the draft and I think I could be a part of that leadership team again.

New Orleans Second Line NOLA
To become a member of the Church of Bovo (@bovovovo) would be a great honor and privilege only bestowed to the very best members of the league. Harrison and Oakes are absolute safety studs here, but I could find a starting spot in the cornerback position alongside the wonderful Benson Bayley (@`BayleyIsland`). Coaching against Maximus was very fun during my first tenure as a DSFL GM and it would be awesome to have him as my quarterback. This team is solid all around and will probably remain a top 3 team in the league for quite some time. They have some of the best active talent in the league and the best memes hands down.

Philadelphia Liberty PHI
Ah a team that’s near and dear to my heart. I’m very grateful that Kamaka could come back for S11 and retire here. I’m in awe of the ‘Tank’ experiment here, but @adam2552 and @BWIII are the best guys in the league to turn the team around after my departure. This is one of the most vocal and active locker rooms I’ve been a part of. I think this team has drafted incredibly well over the past few seasons of the tank and have active players at almost all positions on the field. Sharing the backfield with Lennox Garnet (@37thchamber), Ryan Cobalt (@Tinkler), and Lucari Felix (@Official DT) would be a dream come true since all these guys are active and have great builds. We would shut…shit…down! Alternatively, I could move over to the linebacker position as well. The offensive side is filled with the best young talent in the league. Adriana Falconi and a cast of active receivers with the best damn running backs in the league (@HalfEatenOnionBagel & @YoungTB) makes this an exciting team that I would happy to be on again.

Orange County Otters OCO
This is a team that I’ve always respected as they’ve remained the most consistently successful team in the league. I haven’t interacted with @RedCydranth very much, but I know @speculadora well enough from our Portland Python days and he’s got a good head on his shoulders. I know that he’s got the leadership and direction to keep this team on the winning path. Grithead and Broxton are an awesome safety pair, but I could definitely start at cornerback here along with Spector. The offense remains potent with their deadly Crush and Atwell combo. I would rank the Otters lower on my interest list though, simply because I would like to prioritize playing on a team that hasn’t won an Ultimus in hopes of helping them win one (you know…parity and all that jazz).

Yellowknife Wraiths YKW
The spooky boys have been a strong contender for quite some time in the league, but what scares me the most here is the lack of activity from their starting quarterback and the direction of their offense. I think they are aging and will need to replace key positions soon which could lead down a hard ‘retooling’ or rebuilding phase. @Bzerkap is an incredibly dedicated member of the league and I know he’s also dedicated to the success of the team so he’s probably got something in the works. Playing in the backfield with @White Cornerback would be a yuuuge honor and being on the same team as Cameron Taylor (@CDub2) would be a dream come true.

San Jose Sabercats SJS
Last, but not least, are the Saberkitties. I like cats and the color green so that’s already a win-win for me from a team pride perspective. I just hope that @ckroyal92 isn’t mad at me for going inactive in PBE since I was a bust (sorry dawg). @`AndrewWarren13` is a great guy all around and I’m proud that JC was able to play for Portland. This team would be my best chance at starting in the Safety position alongside Trey Stalley in the future. I think they are only a few pieces away from being Ultimus contenders since they have amazing actives at almost all positions. I would be very excited to play here and help San Jose win their first Ultimus.

See you at the draft!

*Hornbacher's Way Too Early Team Prospects Review - Official DT - 10-29-2018

We would welcome you with open arms as well PDX.

*Hornbacher's Way Too Early Team Prospects Review - iamslm22 - 10-29-2018

Wow - a rare look at all 8 teams predraft and not a negative thing to say. You're a hell of a guy PDX

(10-29-2018, 05:58 AM)iamslm22 Wrote:Wow - a rare look at all 8 teams predraft and not a negative thing to say. You're a hell of a guy PDX

<3

*Hornbacher's Way Too Early Team Prospects Review - YoungTB - 10-29-2018

Would love to have you back aboard, pal!

*Hornbacher's Way Too Early Team Prospects Review - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 10-29-2018

[iframe width=\\\"560\\\" height=\\\"315\\\" src=\\\"https://www.youtube.com/embed/s3Q80mk7bxE\\\" frameborder=\\\"0\\\" allowfullscreen][/iframe]

(10-29-2018, 08:57 AM)HalfEatenOnionBagel Wrote:[iframe width=\\\"560\\\" height=\\\"315\\\" src=\\\"https://www.youtube.com/embed/s3Q80mk7bxE\\\" frameborder=\\\"0\\\" allowfullscreen][/iframe]

<3

*Hornbacher's Way Too Early Team Prospects Review - bovovovo - 10-29-2018

10/10 would draft

*Hornbacher's Way Too Early Team Prospects Review - Bayley - 10-29-2018

We only want people who say bad things about @Muford, will you do that for me @PDXBaller

*Hornbacher's Way Too Early Team Prospects Review - HalfEatenOnionBagel - 10-29-2018

(10-29-2018, 05:49 PM)BayleyIsland Wrote:We only want people who say bad things about @Muford

Wait does anybody NOT do that?