International Simulation Football League
Stephen Harrison 1st presser - Printable Version

+- International Simulation Football League (https://forums.sim-football.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Media (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://forums.sim-football.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Thread: Stephen Harrison 1st presser (/showthread.php?tid=1108)

Stephen Harrison 1st presser - Noppadet - 06-07-2017

First of all I just want to say thank you for the opportunity for questions. I've been looking forward to this day (my first presser) ever since I got drafted. I generally like to take a listen-first approach to things, but I thought it was incredibly important to put myself out there and let it be known who Stephen Harrison really is. As you all know I am #54 an LB out of Nevada who is currently playing for the Baltimore Hawks. I have some very high aspirations in this league I want my name to be a name that other teams plan for - a game changer if you will. While I'm decent in pass coverage my real goal is to get to the quarterback and/or get some TFLs behind the line of scrimmage. So far during OTAs I've been working on my strength, speed, and tackling skills first and foremost to ensure I can do that in the best way possible.

With all that said I'm open for business, and thank you for the questions. Go Hawks!

(06-08-2017, 09:20 AM)7hawk77 Wrote:1.) What did you think of your personal performance in the preseason games?
2.) What did you learn about your team that you didn't know before the preseason games?
3.) What team's offense are you not looking forward to playing during the regular season?
4.) Do you find you are more comfortable at stopping the run, or the passing game? Which do you prefer and why?
5.) Did the hawks pick a captain for the defense? If not, who would you pick as the leader of the defensive unit?

1) What did you think of your personal performance in the preseason games?

I feel like I definitely need to improve as much as possible from this point forward in the future. I played very inconsistently between the two games which tells me that I have a lot of work to do. I don't like the idea of being a boom or bust linebacker because in the pros that can end up not only letting myself down, but my teammates and fans as well. I should not get defensive player of the game in one match but then get two tackles and a sack in the other. Don't get me wrong I was playing against some very hard working players on the Arizona Outlaws and the Yellowknife Wraiths, but with that said I still expect more of myself. My opponents don't care if I'm having an off day, or if I'm sick, or tired, or even if I just had a baby - all they want to do is go for the throat and win, as they should.

So basically in my game against the Colorado Yeti (which was the first game of ours during the preseason (game 1)) my stat line looked like this:
[Image: kfZWtgr.png]

So that's a pretty good game. This was the game I got defensive player of the game for (although to be fair I think my teammate Hendrix probably deserved it more with his forced fumble, I'd personally take a forced turnover than a sack which I believe is what put me over the top). I would like to see more sacks for sure, but there's room for improvement there. Tackles for a linebacker are important, but they're not always the most important gauge to judge a linebacker on. I'd rather see a pass defended over a catch and a tackle, for example.

So good game against the Colorado Yeti. Here's where things took a downturn:

[Image: mJcsivh.png]

I mean again the tackle is worse than a pass defended, but to have 0 sacks at all is what I really find unacceptable. My goal is a healthy double digit sacks this season and I'm not going to do that getting 0 sacks at all, so yeah there's definitely room for improvement there. No one including myself wants to see a rushing linebacker who can't get to the quarterback the entire game. And again that's not taking anything away from my opponents or anything, but I want to see at least one sack a game at a minimum. I hold myself to higher expectations and this stat line shows.

2.) What did you learn about your team that you didn't know before the preseason games?

Wow I mean just wow this is really a great question I'm so glad you asked this. What did I learn about my team that I didn't know before the preseason games? Man I learned a lot. I learned that these men who I'm playing with in the locker room, these guys have some real HEART. From Kyubee's amazing performances, to Hendrix being a rock solid tackler and game changer, and I mean speaking of Hendrix he led the team defense both games as far as I'm concerned, he was like the lead guitarist of our defense man, and I'm just the guy playing the triangle trying to make a name for myself in there however small. I mean man these guys are awesome. Delacour, Speed, Harris (both of them hah) the other Harrison (I'm the real Harrison nah man I'm just playing you can be the king of spades but just remember I'm the ACE baby!), Crocker with his two sacks... I mean there's just too many of you guys to name. I'm working hard for you guys man.

Also I want to give a huge shout out to the GM and co-GM because damn you guys put together a hell of a plan man, 2-0! It's preseason but the Hawks were the underdogs coming in and we showed that we're hungry. Y'all are awesome. It's a really, like, awesome and commendable thing you guys all do for the team, so just know that we players support you one hundred and ten percent, ya know? We can't do any of this without you guys, so much love baby, much love.

So yeah man I just learned that these guys from the front office to the players, they're just great. I'm really honored and humbled to be a part of this organization. Go Hawks let's just win baby!

3.) What team's offense are you not looking forward to playing during the regular season?

Well man I'd have to say both all of them and none of them. I mean as it stands right now everyone in this league has a great offense right now and I feel like there will be unique challenges playing every single one of them. I just want to approach it in a game-by-game situation and man just learn from the best out there and I'm sure I'll be humbled a few times but I just have to work through it and ensure that I have the grit to come out on top every game, every snap, every match up. I can't be letting myself or anyone else down with some poor play, so I'll just be keeping my head down, hitting that gym, learning the playbook, and man just doing everything I possibly can to help this team win, ya know? There's no room for error or small timing or being lazy in this league, this is the professionals, so it's really just time to hit the books figuratively and otherwise and just take on things one step at a time.

I'm hungry so I want to take on every team just to prove I can do it to myself and to everyone else who is counting on me to do my best. I'm hungry to prove to my family, the doubters, the haters who can keep on hating, the people who said you can't do it, when I knew I could. I'm hungry to show up on game day and tear it up.

4.) Do you find you are more comfortable at stopping the run, or the passing game? Which do you prefer and why?

I mean I touched on this a little bit in the first answer, but I'm definitely happy to continue talking about it since I love football so much, ya know? I'm definitely more comfortable taking on the run. I mean I can cover OK, but I want to get up there near the trenches and help the line stuff the **** out of some runners, ya know? I want to have the taste of blood, and I'd rather leave it up to the cornerbacks and safetys while I'm up there eating the heart of some mother ****ers ya know? But nah man I can take on some passes too. I look forward to going against some passing tight end sets and just blowing plays up and going after the quarterback as well when I get a chance to.

5.) Did the hawks pick a captain for the defense? If not, who would you pick as the leader of the defensive unit?

No I don't think a defensive captain has been chosen yet. I mean this is a tricky question just because there's some great guys in there putting in work. You know how I would like to see it is picking a rotating game day captain and just letting everyone kind of get a chance to lead the defense, and build skills. I feel like that can really bond a team if it's not just, like, the team's superstars or hell even just the same guy every week. I mean people get sick of hearing the same guy talk over and over man I mean I know I do, so it's just like that I guess. Yeah I'd like to see a rotating captain ya know personally. That said I'll back the hell up anyone who is captain on this team we are the HAWKS and we want to win, and whoever can help us do that, ya know, let's do it.

(06-08-2017, 09:33 AM)Ballerstorm Wrote::interview:
The Hawks went undefeated in the pre season. How is the locker room feeling heading into the regular season?

:interview:
Who did you most enjoy playing against during the pre season?

1) The Hawks went undefeated in the pre season. How is the locker room feeling heading into the regular season?

I mean we're definitely really happy right now, but we also definitely understand that it's the preseason, so we can't be too happy. We need to keep putting in the work. I mean in the OTHER professional football league, you know the one without s in there, the inferior league to the NSFL baby, the 2008 Lions went four and oh in the preseason, and look how that turned out for them. The locker room is happy, but also super cautiously optimistic. We knew we went into those games in the preseason, and to only allow 1 touchdown, and for Kyubee lead offense to just tear it up how it happened, it makes us happy. So basically we're just looking at the next game, you know, preparing for the next team. The past is kind of in the past, so we are definitely not dwelling on it or anything. It's time to gear up, grit up, get tough, and prepare ourselves for games 3 and 4, and then the season beyond that. Games 1 and 2 showed that we have some potential, but we have to take advantage of that moving forward now, you know?

Me personally, well let's just say it was a lot better getting the defensive player of the game award rather than just kind of a bad game, so the answer for me is absolutely, definitely, the Colorado Yeti. I want to go out there and show what I'm worth not just act like some ticky tacky lazy dude out there. I wasn't being lazy you know, but I don't want to come off like that. This is a game of stats, so like I have to go out there and get my job done. No excuses, no bad days or off days, just game-proven consistent results against the best guys in the world.

With that guys I think I'll end this presser. I'm thankful that you all let me show you all who I, Stephen Harrison, really is man. I mean this is just such an awesome opportunity playing in the NSFL so man I just want to go out here and do my best and all, so it's time to get rocking and win some games baby. It's time to go out there and double you eye ennn you know! WIN! GO HAWKS baby you guys better be scared when you all play against us!

Thank you all for your time. You are all awesome.

Code:
1988 Words - Ready for grading

Stephen Harrison 1st presser - 7hawk77 - 06-08-2017

1.) What did you think of your personal performance in the preseason games?

Stephen Harrison 1st presser - Admin - 06-08-2017

The Hawks went undefeated in the pre season. How is the locker room feeling heading into the regular season?

Stephen Harrison 1st presser - Noppadet - 06-08-2017

Questions answered thanks guys.

Stephen Harrison 1st presser - 7hawk77 - 06-08-2017

I thoroughly enjoyed your responses. Great job Smile

Stephen Harrison 1st presser - Noppadet - 06-08-2017

(06-08-2017, 12:54 PM)7hawk77 Wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed your responses. Great job Smile

Thanks! Just having some fun with it Smile.